*****New Craig Levein Poll 31/08*****

Whatever

*****New Craig Levein Poll 31/08*****  

1,302 members have voted

1. 1. Should craig Levein....

• Remain in position as head coach and director of football
    • Leave/be removed from his role as head coach but remain at the club as Director of football
    • Leave/be removed from his role as director of football but remain at the club as head coach
    • Leave/be removed from the club completely

12 minutes ago, Gambo said:

This type of post has been on constant repeat for 2 seasons (10games at start of last season aside), surely enough is enough. He should not be given.more games, even if we do get a result v Motherwell it should not change anything, he has had many (far too many imo) next game or twos.

He has to go, and go completely.

It's baffling. How many times will we hear 'good times are just around the corner'.

He's got folk absolutely hooked and if we're honest, they'll never change their views. He could lose from now until Christmas and they'll still say 'give him the January transfer window, to get it right. Injuries/individuals/refs (insert excuse) have been all that have stopped us'.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• Pasquale for King

• 1874robbo

• Jambo-Fox

Bazzas right boot
18 minutes ago, Gambo said:

This type of post has been on constant repeat for 2 seasons (10games at start of last season aside), surely enough is enough. He should not be given.more games, even if we do get a result v Motherwell it should not change anything, he has had many (far too many imo) next game or twos.

He has to go, and go completely.

I get that. 

But I'm keeping it in context with this season, tho. 

He wasn't sacked for last season, that is a fact. So I have always went with that in mind.

However no wins in 5 (3 at home v bottom 6)and out the lc  added to the dodgy lc group would be sacking territory based on this season alone imo. 

Jambof3tornado

2 week break as good a time as any to punt him.

Sick of his I can fix this pish. Enough is enough. He doesnt seen answerable in the slightest. Time for Ann to show her leadership qualities and wield the axe, as she should have done when we collapsed at livvy!!

Not sure if this has been mentioned on this thread but if he does go as Head Coach, I don't want him to still be DoF either. I wouldn't be against him staying somewhere in the academy structure but having nothing to do with the first team. I would vote for that option, if it was available. 

8 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I get that. 

But I'm keeping it in context with this season, tho. 

He wasn't sacked for last season, that is a fact. So I have always went with that in mind.

However no wins in 5 (3 at home v bottom 6)and out the lc  added to the dodgy lc group would be sacking territory based on this season alone imo. 

Not being sacked for it doesn’t mean last seasons form can be wiped when building a case against, though.

There has been very little, if any improvement in our league form for 10 months.

Given our form last season, the way this season has started makes matters worse, imo. He knew what was at stake. He knew the spotlight was on.

To have started this season in such a manner is indefensible, to be honest.

56 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Doesn't detect from current form, but I agree. 

The biggest issue for me is that we struggled v the bottom 6 teams last season at Tynecastle, we are doing it again. 

Aberdeen away, unlucky 

Motherwell away- good

Celtic away- standard, frustrating tbh as we gave them the first goal. 

Ross county and Hamilton at home - terrible. 

I'd say that the last two home games in terms of performance were worse than the dundee/ hibs/ Killie/livi performances last season as we were out played for large parts! 

I think he has to go, but hold hope we'll beat Motherwell a d Aberdeen and we'll hit the derby with confidence, hope than expectation now. 

What people fail to realize is that Aberdeen were missing players that day and had only played a few days prior. We should have at least drawn. They were there for the taking. I think we'll beat Motherwell and smash Aberdeen in the cup though.

LarrysRightFoot

859 votes so far and 93.83% want Levein to be (at least) removed as Head Coach.

Yes JKB cannot speak for the support as a whole but as a snap shot it’s clear he has completely lost the fans. 

Unless we we somehow go on a 10 match winning run and play like Brazil 1970 I cannot see how he can continue.

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Gorillajam said:

What people fail to realize is that Aberdeen were missing players that day and had only played a few days prior. We should have at least drawn. They were there for the taking. I think we'll beat Motherwell and smash Aberdeen in the cup though.

Aberdeen away is a difficult fixture. 

Our record like there's at Tynecastle isn't good. Not many teams will win there. 

What it did show tho, was our brittleness. 

Glamorgan Jambo

I voted for Levein to stay as Head Coach and DOF. Before I get pelters I'm as disappointed with performances this calendar year and have sat through a handful of them (most recently Stenhousemuir). 

I do believe that Ann sees there is a problem and will be doing something about the football dept but I think there are two things causing her to wait. 

The first is her experience of interviewing the likes of Billy Davies for the head coaches job a couple of years ago. Many candidates like him will want to tear up the entire structure, bring in their own coaches and players and inevitably release some of the players we have. This would be nonsensical IMO and detrimental to the future of the club. So I don't see her immediately removing Levein totally from his position of coach and DOF. 

The second issue is that Levein is both the coach and DOF and the current responsibility of the DOF is the selection and management of the head coach.

So I guess she'll be contemplating replacing Levein as head coach and making changes to the overall structure. Most likely we'll see some changes to the first team coaching with the head coach being full time on the first team and the DOF no longer having line responsibility for the first team. A structure like Southampton had for many years with a guy called Les Reed as football director. 

So if she makes a change I would see it as more evolution than revolution with someone currently available (eg Neil McCann or Gary Naysmith) taking over as head coach for the rest of the season and Craig going back to a modified DOF role. Possibly during the current international break but more likely at the next one. 

I doubt Levein will still be at the club at the start of next season. Expect a new DOF then. McPhee would be a good candidate but I suspect he's more interested in coaching at this stage of his career. 

Edited by Glamorgan Jambo

39 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Aberdeen away is a difficult fixture. 

Our record like there's at Tynecastle isn't good. Not many teams will win there. 

What it did show tho, was our brittleness. 

We didn’t even turn up first half though. The performance was diabolical, and followed on from much of the same in the LC.

Motherwell away was the one glimmer of hope we’ve had this season.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, amadjambo said:

We didn’t even turn up first half though. The performance was diabolical, and followed on from much of the same in the LC.

Aberdeen weren't much better, even if they were at all, tho. 

The rc and Hamilton games are the concerning ones imo. 

Bazzas right boot
40 minutes ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

I voted for Levein to stay as Head Coach and DOF. Before I get pelters I'm as disappointed with performances this calendar year and have sat through a handful of them (most recently Stenhousemuir). 

I do believe that Ann sees there is a problem and will be doing something about the football dept but I think there are two things causing her to wait. 

The first is her experience of interviewing the likes of Billy Davies for the head coaches job a couple of years ago. Many candidates like him will want to tear up the entire structure, bring in their own coaches and players and inevitably release some of the players we have. This would be nonsensical IMO and detrimental to the future of the club. So I don't see her immediately removing Levein totally from his position of coach and DOF. 

The second issue is that Levein is both the coach and DOF and the current responsibility of the DOF is the selection and management of the head coach.

So I guess she'll be contemplating replacing Levein as head coach and making changes to the overall structure. Most likely we'll see some changes to the first team coaching with the head coach being full time on the first team and the DOF no longer having line responsibility for the first team. A structure like Southampton had for many years with a guy called Les Reed as football director. 

So if she makes a change I would see it as more evolution than revolution with someone currently available (eg Neil McCann or Gary Naysmith) taking over as head coach for the rest of the season and Craig going back to a modified DOF role. Possibly during the current international break but more likely at the next one. 

I doubt Levein will still be at the club at the start of next season. Expect a new DOF then. McPhee would be a good candidate but I suspect he's more interested in coaching at this stage of his career. 

Yip, she'll only make a change when a plan is in place. 

The same folk that wanted Robbie gone then  wanted Cathro gone and have been wanting CL gone for a long time. 

Change isn't always for the better. 

When we do change we need to make sure it has the best chance of success. 

Many fans don't think this way. 

The replacements being out forward last year to replace CL proves this, Mcann, Hartley, Johnstone, Archibald, Ross, Robbo etc even Wright have been sacked, been very average or underperformed in the extreme. 

Any change, if it happens must be planned. 

For too many years we've just bounced about with different managers and went backwards or found ourselves worse off. 

7 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

Didn't watch the game then.

No.

Rudi5kaceldream1ng
2 hours ago, Spoleto said:

You must work at the academy, you seem to extremely knowledgeable about our training and recovery methods.

Oh I work at an academy all right how observant of you. I take it from your username you’re from Perugia so stai zitto porco dio🤫.

It should have been ten
1 hour ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

859 votes so far and 93.83% want Levein to be (at least) removed as Head Coach.

Yes JKB cannot speak for the support as a whole but as a snap shot it’s clear he has completely lost the fans. 

Unless we we somehow go on a 10 match winning run and play like Brazil 1970 I cannot see how he can continue.

Sadly not even that would please our ‘support’. It would be the last thing some on here would want. 

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, It should have been ten said:

Sadly not even that would please our ‘support’. It would be the last thing some on here would want. 

what does ‘support’ mean.. we are on one of the longest garbage runs in our history.. genuine relegation form.. what are you expecting? 

We have a lazy, disinterested, un motivated squad of talented players? You think people will just keep paying and accept below mediocrity for ever?

Win against Motherwell to get us moving in the right direction. 

Win against h1b5 is always a big plus and continued move up the table.

Win against Aberdeen puts us in to the last 4 and still in the hunt for silverware.  

Defeat against hibs and Aberdeen. He has to leave. 

3 games... 

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, jumpship said:

Win against Aberdeen puts us in to the last 4 and still in the hunt for silverware.  

3 games... 

no chance becuase we don’t do the basic things well.. 

like run, or move. 

id guess we run the least of any team in the league

Rudi5kaceldream1ng
3 minutes ago, jumpship said:

3 games... 

Jam tomorrow. Change needed immediately after international break to avert threat of relegation which would be cataclysmic. That’s not melodramatic, we’re 11th in the league with relegation form and a part time manager that could sell ice to eskimos.

kingantti1874
Just now, 1874robbo said:

No, there are 48 Hibs fans who want no change.

Correct.. quite a lot of them with virtually 0 history. I remember a public cathro poll flushing out dozens of them

39 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Aberdeen weren't much better, even if they were at all, tho. 

The rc and Hamilton games are the concerning ones imo. 

Who cares about how Aberdeen performed?

WE were very poor overall. WE had a 15/20 minute spell that was good against a team by your own admission weren’t very good.

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

Correct.. quite a lot of them with virtually 0 history. I remember a public cathro poll flushing out dozens of them

The only people I know in the world outside of the internet that want Levein to remain are Hibs fans.

24 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

I think we have quite a tolerant support.

in other countries and including this one he’d have been hounded out and punted long ago!!!

our fans are soft as shite imo.

From a personal point of view I'd happily see him remain in the role upstairs and simply vacate the head coach role. 

But I think the first bump in the road will immediately see fingers pointed at Levein in whatever role he is playing, from a large portion of our support.

I think it would be the best thing to call time on it and have a fresh start.

kingantti1874
Just now, 1874robbo said:

No, there are 48 Hibs fans who want no change.

Rudi5kaceldream1ng
4 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

in other countries and including this one he’d have been hounded out and punted long ago!!!

We did sweet FA with Romanov for years tbh until the last second so it’s no surprise tbh. I guess it’s a good thing though, perhaps we need to learn a lesson from Romanov era to be much more assertive when things are blatantly not working. 

5 minutes ago, davie1980 said:

From a personal point of view I'd happily see him remain in the role upstairs and simply vacate the head coach role. 

But I think the first bump in the road will immediately see fingers pointed at Levein in whatever role he is playing, from a large portion of our support.

I think it would be the best thing to call time on it and have a fresh start.

No manager worth their salt will work under Levein imo.

2 minutes ago, Rudi5kaceldream1ng said:

We did sweet FA with Romanov for years tbh until the last second so it’s no surprise tbh. I guess it’s a good thing though, perhaps we need to learn a lesson from Romanov era to be much more assertive when things are blatantly not working. 

I agree with all that.

3 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

No manager worth their salt will work under Levein imo.

I think Austin would.

I'd like to see him given a run as gaffer.

Again, I wouldn't have a problem with Levein doing the role as DoF or whatever it was called. He's played a huge part in the rebuilding of the club and could continue to contribute.

But I'm also a realist and know that it just isn't going to go down well from the stands and it's always going to be a cause of animosity when things aren't going well. 

Toxteth O'Grady
Just now, davie1980 said:

I think Austin would.

Again, I wouldn't have a problem with Levein doing the role as DoF or whatever it was called. He's played a huge part in the rebuilding of the club and could continue to contribute.

But I'm also a realist and know that it just isn't going to go down well from the stands and it's always going to be a cause of animosity when things aren't going well. 

He’s no experience and we’ve been rubbish most of the time he’s been involved with the club. A wholesale clear out of the coaches is needed and let a new manager pick his team 

4 minutes ago, davie1980 said:

I think Austin would.

I don’t think Austin is ready for a job the size of hearts, remember he’s been complicit in this poor run also.

we need a clean break from all Levein and his staff.

MarkDevriesScores4
1 minute ago, davie1980 said:

I think Austin would.

Austin in charge of the team with Levein upstairs would be pretty much what we have now. Clear out required. No more jobs for the boys. Get a proper manager in and let him pick his backroom team.

There will be a queue of applicants a lot better than most names suggested on here. Club has a massive squad full of internationalists, good infrastructure and in the black thanks to fan backing. We won’t be short of applicants.

cant see it happening unfortunately and the usual circus will continue with the lazy apathy of our board and some of the spineless fans.

It should have been ten
20 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Tolerant :lol:

Wouldn’t tolerate being 2nd in the league, wasn’t good enough. Self entitled more like. 

It should have been ten
51 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

what does ‘support’ mean.. we are on one of the longest garbage runs in our history.. genuine relegation form.. what are you expecting? 

We have a lazy, disinterested, un motivated squad of talented players? You think people will just keep paying and accept below mediocrity for ever?

‘Support’ who would rather let their voices be heard at a pathetic protest rather than using said voices to get behind the ****ing team for once instead of sitting in silence or getting on the players backs. It might just help the team - shock! The difference in today’s breed of support at Tynecastle compared to years ago is staggering. 

Edited by It should have been ten

1 minute ago, It should have been ten said:

Tolerant :lol:

Wouldn’t tolerate being 2nd in the league, wasn’t good enough. Self entitled more like. 

Tolerant that we’ve put up with this turgid football for too long now.

answer this, when was the last time you left a game at Tynecastle genuinely happy with what you’d just watched?

Bazzas right boot
18 minutes ago, Rudi5kaceldream1ng said:

Comparing what Romanov did to a bad run of form is quite a comparison. 

2 hours ago, jake said:

48 ?

Theres 48 posters who want absolutely no change.

Think some have voted in error. Some of those 48 have been very clear in wanting Levein out so think it is a false figure.

It should have been ten
7 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Tolerant that we’ve put up with this turgid football for too long now.

answer this, when was the last time you left a game at Tynecastle genuinely happy with what you’d just watched?

Blatantly ignoring my point I see, were our supporters tolerant when we were 2nd in the league under Robbie? 

To answer your question, it’s been a while I agree but tolerant? Nah. 

Edited by It should have been ten

35 minutes ago, Rudi5kaceldream1ng said:

Jam tomorrow. Change needed immediately after international break to avert threat of relegation which would be cataclysmic. That’s not melodramatic, we’re 11th in the league with relegation form and a part time manager that could sell ice to eskimos.

This is the perfect time to sack Levein. You could have a new manager in by the weekend The you have a week to work with these players before the Motherwell game. To help Ann i’d hire an ex-player or manager as a consultant (not Levein).

3 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

Blatantly ignoring my point I see, were our supporters tolerant when we were 2nd in the league under Robbie? 

To answer your post, it’s been a while I agree. 

I actually honestly believe that the supporters were tolerant with Robbie and whilst the timing might have looked bad to an outsider seeing as we were near the top of the league, the truth is our performances had been honking for a good number of months.

thanks for your honesty that it’s been a while since you left Tynecastle happy.

that surely ain’t a good thing.

5 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

This is the perfect time to sack Levein. You could have a new manager in by the weekend The you have a week to work with these players before the Motherwell game. To help Ann i’d hire an ex-player or manager as a consultant (not Levein).

JJ is her man!

kingantti1874
9 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

‘Support’ who would rather let their voices be heard at a pathetic protest rather than using said voices to get behind the ****ing team for once instead of sitting in silence or getting on the players backs. It might just help the team - shock! The difference in today’s breed of support at Tynecastle compared to years ago is staggering. 

10 years ago we’d have had the pitchforks out, were you even at the game yesterday - every time, and I mean every single time the team on the pitch gave the fans something to get behind they got a positive response and backing.. when they looked slow, lazy, uninterested or just plain shite they got stick.   Fans will tolerate a lot but laziness and lack of basic effort is unforgivable given WE pay the wages. 

we are the laziest team in the league.. utterly awful and it’s gone on for nearly a year. Nearly a year before there is any sort of notable show of annoyance..

how much longer do you suggest? 1 game? 5 ? another year.  

kingantti1874
9 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

To answer your question, it’s been a while I agree but tolerant? Nah. 

The was a poll on here just before Robbie left, had well in excess of 90% behind him.. 

we did have a small, extremely noisy minority who did not forgive the hibs game, the hibs comments and at the time were picking up on anything and everything g  to have a dig at the club becuase of supporter bans. Remember who was actually responsible for the airplane stunt

It should have been ten
Just now, kingantti1874 said:

10 years ago we’d have had the pitchforks out, were you even at the game yesterday - every time, and I mean every single time the team on the pitch gave the fans something to get behind they got a positive response and backing.. when they looked slow, lazy, uninterested or just plain shite they got stick.   Fans will tolerate a lot but laziness and lack of basic effort is unforgivable given WE pay the wages. 

we are the laziest team in the league.. utterly awful and it’s gone on for nearly a year. Nearly a year before there is any sort of notable show of annoyance..

how much longer do you suggest? 1 game? 5 ? another year.  

I totally 100% agree the players need to get the finger out, they are lazy and soft and ought to take a long hard look at themselves. We have a decent squad and should be doing far better than we are, will a change of manager dramatically fix that, I’m not so sure. We’ll need to wait and see eh.