*****New Craig Levein Poll 31/08*****

Whatever

*****New Craig Levein Poll 31/08*****  

1,302 members have voted

1. 1. Should craig Levein....

• Remain in position as head coach and director of football
    • Leave/be removed from his role as head coach but remain at the club as Director of football
    • Leave/be removed from his role as director of football but remain at the club as head coach
    • Leave/be removed from the club completely

Italian Lambretta
3 minutes ago, Prof said:

RN won the championship at first attempt with record goals and points total. A championship that included Sevco and Hubz. We regularly thrashed teams and no other team has achieved what RN did. A strange definition for boring.

Unfortunately after that CL decided to poke his nose in and give RN orders/advice on how to set the team up. It was there for all to see- messages sent via Daly from CL to RN in the dugout. RN is already setting Dundee Utd in the right course. Who knows what RN could achieve with the current squad. It certainly can’t be any worse than CL.

Did you forget about the 2-2 draw with the vermin that subsequently led to them winning the cup? Oh and his insulting comment about the replay being a money spinner. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• Pasquale for King

• 1874robbo

• Jambo-Fox

25 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

In terms of painting the doom and gloom picture I think you should contact Jeremy Corbyn or Nicola Sturgeon.  Your Hearst  doom and gloom scenario is just what they are looking for re Brexit. 

Is that all you’ve got. Mismanagement has happened before at Hearts and all the things, except for FOH funding, have happened before and there’s no way we want it to happen again because we have people managing and coaching our team who are out of their depth. 

19 minutes ago, Prof said:

RN won the championship at first attempt with record goals and points total. A championship that included Sevco and Hubz. We regularly thrashed teams and no other team has achieved what RN did. A strange definition for boring.

Unfortunately after that CL decided to poke his nose in and give RN orders/advice on how to set the team up. It was there for all to see- messages sent via Daly from CL to RN in the dugout. RN is already setting Dundee Utd in the right course. Who knows what RN could achieve with the current squad. It certainly can’t be any worse than CL.

Yeah, against rubbish like cowdenbeath! Boring to watch when we came up and ultimately finished 5th.

It should have been ten
9 hours ago, Rave MacPherson said:

Other people have been named by last name only, why is this such an issue? 

Think I’m just old fashioned and a bit more respectful. Usually call people by their first names but hey ho. 

It should have been ten
7 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

This is football, surnames and nicknames are how it is done. Unless you think she deserves special treatment? Is there anyone at our club past and present who gets the full name treatment? "Levein" for example.

Call him Craig myself but like I said maybe I’m just old fashioned. 

It should have been ten
3 hours ago, TheOak88 said:

The way you are lashing out sounds like you are hurting pretty bad. Hope everything is ok, it’s just a game after all x

“Lashing out” 😂😂😂😂 aye ok then. Troll someone else x

2 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

Call him Craig myself but like I said maybe I’m just old fashioned. 

I call him shite. 

7 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Why on earth do so many people want him to stay on as director of football??

This. Totally baffling. Seems a lot of our support are as soft as shite as our owner.

3 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I think he’s assembled a good first team squad and I also believe he’s done a good job at the academy. I think it would be beneficial for him to remain at the club.

However I appreciate that in him doing so the question of ‘interference’ would return and it may limit who applies for the position of head coach.

We need a new voice coaching these players Monday to Friday. 

It worked for a period when Neilson was here and it can do so again. 

Fwiw, I don’t think it will, I think it’s went past that point and I think he’ll leave the club completely when his time in the dugout ends.

It’s all a bit of a mess and a bit sad tbh.

It should have been ten
8 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I call him shite. 

Aye from behind a keyboard.

Edited by It should have been ten

Gordon Ramsay
15 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Really odd. 

He's shite at that as well. 

16 hours ago, Whatever said:

Yep, 4 weeks on since the last one. All options included here :D 

Apart from the one option about taking on the academy or at least giving him an Academy Director type role with absolutely no input in 1st team affairs. 😕 I wouldn’t mind that scenario 

I would have the option above first but if it isn’t an option then unfortunately he has to go. I would also consider scrapping the DOF role completely imo 

17 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

Think I’m just old fashioned and a bit more respectful. Usually call people by their first names but hey ho. 

Calling people you don’t know by their first names is a piece of modern-day impertinence. Like the people from call centres who have the temerity and lack of manners to do so as a matter of policy.

Mr. Levein to you.

🙂

20 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

This. Totally baffling. Seems a lot of our support are as soft as shite as our owner.

Hobos voting

It should have been ten
2 minutes ago, leginten said:

Calling people you don’t know by their first names is a piece of modern-day impertinence. Like the people from call centres who have the temerity and lack of manners to do so as a matter of policy.

Mr. Levein to you.

🙂

Very true. Although it would also depend on how well you know the person.

:thumbsup:

1 hour ago, 1874robbo said:

Can’t remember the last time I left Tynecastle with a smile on my face talking about the game I’d just watched!!!

Feels like ages since, I enjoyed a few pints after a game, spoils my whole weekend tbh.

The way we play has to change, & that starts with the removal of CL completely.

23 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

A lot of fans bought into the whole 5 year Mrs Budge/Levein plan and genuinely believed we would be comfortably the best of the rest behind the OF by now. Difficult for some of them to accept it has fallen flat on its face. Keeping Levein as DOF keeps the dream alive.  

33 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

Yeah, against rubbish like cowdenbeath! Boring to watch when we came up and ultimately finished 5th.

And we still can’t beat rubbish like East Fife, Ross County or Hamilton. RN took us to third in next season in SPFL and when he left we were third in SPFL.

Rudi5kaceldream1ng

I understand the current POV from Budge is Levein is doing a good job as DOF but patience is running out as manager.

Okay then Let’s critique leveins spell as DOF in as unbiased and fair a way as possible. What exactly is he doing well? What have been major failings as DOF?

What he’s doing well:

•seems to be bringing through good young players from academy

•is credited with rebuilding the hearts academy as is detailed in this article here https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2017/08/29/interview-new-hearts-boss-craig-levein-sceptical-supporters-juggling-jobs-jamie-walker-ian-cathro-rangers-ann-budge/amp/

*(I’m not 100% sure this is accurate though as didn’t hearts already have a functioning academy pre FOH??🤔 This definitely needs fact checked.

Failures:

•loss of successful manager Robbie neilson to MK Dons

•disastrous appointment of Ian Cathro

•Huge player turnover & effective money wasting on scores of players. I believe since Levein has been DOF 2014/15 season-hearts have signed around 80 Players🤦🏻‍♂️

•unprecedented number of player injuries-indicates a failure of adequate coaching which is Leveins DOF remit.

•overall so far a failure as manager with mid table finishes despite having one of biggest budgets in division.

Okay so there you have it those are the facts. It has left me scratching my head as to why on Earth Ann Budge thinks he is doing a good job as DOF? Why? This needs explained quickly as the fans patience is running out with this mis-management that whilst is nowhere near as bad as Romanov;it is certainly starting to appear suspicious.

We must be one of the most polite set of fans in football though when asking our manager to leave

'we'd like you to go, we'd like you to go'

In the old days there would have been few more choice words and demo after the match..I remember them well

Ann has yet to feel that but it's coming unless things change quickly

19 minutes ago, Rudi5kaceldream1ng said:

I understand the current POV from Budge is Levein is doing a good job as DOF but patience is running out as manager.

Okay then Let’s critique leveins spell as DOF in as unbiased and fair a way as possible. What exactly is he doing well? What have been major failings as DOF?

What he’s doing well:

•seems to be bringing through good young players from academy

•is credited with rebuilding the hearts academy as is detailed in this article here https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2017/08/29/interview-new-hearts-boss-craig-levein-sceptical-supporters-juggling-jobs-jamie-walker-ian-cathro-rangers-ann-budge/amp/

*(I’m not 100% sure this is accurate though as didn’t hearts already have a functioning academy pre FOH??🤔 This definitely needs fact checked.

Failures:

•loss of successful manager Robbie neilson to MK Dons

•disastrous appointment of Ian Cathro

•Huge player turnover & effective money wasting on scores of players. I believe since Levein has been DOF 2014/15 season-hearts have signed around 80 Players🤦🏻‍♂️

•unprecedented number of player injuries-indicates a failure of adequate coaching which is Leveins DOF remit.

•overall so far a failure as manager with mid table finishes despite having one of biggest budgets in division.

Okay so there you have it those are the facts. It has left me scratching my head as to why on Earth Ann Budge thinks he is doing a good job as DOF? Why? This needs explained quickly as the fans patience is running out with this mis-management that whilst is nowhere near as bad as Romanov;it is certainly starting to appear suspicious.

I don’t think you can blame him for Neilson leaving. Like Levein before him, Robbie got a hard-on for managing in England, even if the hoor he opted for was of an even more poxed variety than the one Levein went for. 

And yes, I know it’s only a matter of time before someone comes on with the howling “hounded out” chat.

Out of interest to those who want Levein to stay as DOF. 

What would you define the objectives of a DOF are? And has Levein been successful in achieving them over the past 5 years?

LarrysRightFoot

It will be interesting to see what happens during the international break. I think Levein will still be head coach - however, I believe Austin spent all summer trying to get him to change his style of play and he refused. 

Levein himself must know a defeat to Motherwell means his position is completely untenable - will he listen to what Austin has to say during the international break now?

2 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

It will be interesting to see what happens during the international break. I think Levein will still be head coach - however, I believe Austin spent all summer trying to get him to change his style of play and he refused. 

Levein himself must know a defeat to Motherwell means his position is completely untenable - will he listen to what Austin has to say during the international break now?

Why would he listen to Austin? Did you not hear him last week after getting pumped by Celtic - “this team is really close to clicking”. We are on the verge of a great season.

:sweeet:

Gordon Ramsay
5 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Austin the master of corners and free kick routines. 

The one time we did take a normal corner yesterday we scored. 

Another plonker who gets an easy ride cause of his connections. 

Rudi5kaceldream1ng
12 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Out of interest to those who want Levein to stay as DOF. 

What would you define the objectives of a DOF are? And has Levein been successful in achieving them over the past 5 years?

I can imagine these are the DOF targets:

•improve academy

•meet league finish targets set by board

•improve first team squad in cost effective manner

•implement effective training methods

•source and hire successful manager(S)

•implement an attractive quality football product that fans will enjoy I.e imperative to keep fans support on side as they are paying all important pledges each month

•meet original 5 year plan set out by board

IMO Levein has failed in every single one of those objectives bar the academy (but I’m really not sure how it has changed so much since the Romanov days).

We have spent and wasted an eye watering amount of money on rotten injury prone players. We have an unprecedented number of injuries to existing players because of poor training/recovery methods.

It could be argued his spell as DOF has been a complete and utter failure. I’m really struggling to see how it could be viewed any other way even by an unbiased observer.

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Correct question, academy director only. DoF role still sees him interfere with the 1st team and thats not acceptable.

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

We need to bet Motherwell. 

Beat Motherwell and Aberdeen there is hope. 

That is all it would be tho and tbh at Tynecastle we are beginning to look worse than we do away. 

1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I only voted for him to stay as dof due to the work he has done at academy level, the ability to broker, on paper,  good signings and the feedback from players as to one of the reasons they join hearts is CL. 

If he can continue to do that and not have any affect on match day performances,

tactics, team selection etc etc then I’m ok with him staying. 

kingantti1874
11 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

That is all it would be tho and tbh at Tynecastle we are beginning to look worse than we do away. 

I don’t think there is hope for him, he has no good Will left to use.. we could win those 2 and lose to hibs and you’d still find 90% + wanting him to go.. even those who defended him for ages have turned

Rudi5kaceldream1ng
10 minutes ago, Stephen Muddie said:

Puts it into perspective. RIP history revision.

Fair point & rightfully taken into account but he has categorically failed in a number of targets set by the FOH in 2014 as set out above, remember this isn’t a sole analysis of his role as manager-it’s as DOF also. 

1 hour ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Really odd. 

He's shite at that as well. 

Correct. Cathro was his fault as well. Unreal amount of leniency towards him. 

15 minutes ago, Stephen Muddie said:
16 minutes ago, Stephen Muddie said:

Good post.

This is a new team, still gelling. There were encouraging signs in the first half were Hamilton were being run ragged.

For me he's got till Christmas to see how this team develops. And hopefully our injury curse will clear up.

24 minutes ago, Rudi5kaceldream1ng said:

I can imagine these are the DOF targets:

•improve academy

•meet league finish targets set by board

•improve first team squad in cost effective manner

•implement effective training methods

•source and hire successful manager(S)

•implement an attractive quality football product that fans will enjoy I.e imperative to keep fans support on side as they are paying all important pledges each month

•meet original 5 year plan set out by board

IMO Levein has failed in every single one of those objectives bar the academy (but I’m really not sure how it has changed so much since the Romanov days).

We have spent and wasted an eye watering amount of money on rotten injury prone players. We have an unprecedented number of injuries to existing players because of poor training/recovery methods.

It could be argued his spell as DOF has been a complete and utter failure. I’m really struggling to see how it could be viewed any other way even by an unbiased observer.

You must work at the academy, you seem to extremely knowledgeable about our training and recovery methods.

LarrysRightFoot
25 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Well our away form has always been the concern!

Im not saying Austin’s suggested changes would sort everything or anything - my point being Levein is stubborn and making things worse for himself and us by refusing to listen. He tactics and style of play at times are medieval.

If he cant see that himself someone (Budge) needs to step in and make the decision that he has to go for him. 

Personally i I would give Naismith the job. He would demand certain standards and has the respect of the players.

As an aside I believe Austin is acting as a mentor to a young Chinese coach for FIFA.

Edited by LarrysRightFoot

The idea of the director of football role is that head coach is accountable to them for on pitch performance.

How could CL go back into that role with any credibility having been removed from the head coach role for underperforming?

I think the club needs a change of direction and a change of atmosphere. Both of which can be achieved from the removal of CL.

Bazzas right boot
22 minutes ago, Stephen Muddie said:

Doesn't detect from current form, but I agree. 

The biggest issue for me is that we struggled v the bottom 6 teams last season at Tynecastle, we are doing it again. 

Aberdeen away, unlucky 

Motherwell away- good

Celtic away- standard, frustrating tbh as we gave them the first goal. 

Ross county and Hamilton at home - terrible. 

I'd say that the last two home games in terms of performance were worse than the dundee/ hibs/ Killie/livi performances last season as we were out played for large parts! 

I think he has to go, but hold hope we'll beat Motherwell a d Aberdeen and we'll hit the derby with confidence, hope than expectation now. 

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Good post.

This is a new team, still gelling. There were encouraging signs in the first half were Hamilton were being run ragged.

For me he's got till Christmas to see how this team develops. And hopefully our injury curse will clear up.

I was here, but we need wins now. 

We need wins, 

Beat Motherwell and Aberdeen things will look more positive. 

Don't beat Motherwell and out the lc tho, I see a sacking. 

Captain Sausage

I think that result has to be the straw the breaks the camels back. 

Its not like County and Hamilton were draws where we dominated and just couldn’t find a way through. In both games, we were lucky not to lose. 

We are playing shite football. 

We are getting shite results. 

It’s time for a change. Even if it’s just MacPhee, Daly and Fox until we can source an appropriate replacement. We simply cannot continue with the current set up (I say in total contradiction to my post earlier in the week!)

20 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

I think the club needs a change of direction and a change of atmosphere. Both of which can be achieved from the removal of CL.

Exactly.

After the Cathro debacle they stuck with Levein, surely they can't afford to make same mistake twice.

Change is needed.

18 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I was here, but we need wins now. 

We need wins, 

Beat Motherwell and Aberdeen things will look more positive. 

Don't beat Motherwell and out the lc tho, I see a sacking. 

This type of post has been on constant repeat for 2 seasons (10games at start of last season aside), surely enough is enough. He should not be given.more games, even if we do get a result v Motherwell it should not change anything, he has had many (far too many imo) next game or twos.

He has to go, and go completely.

The Real Maroonblood
24 minutes ago, Noah Claypole said:

Can we have a poll to change supporters ?

Please. 

Just like posters changing their username.

😀

The longer he stays in charge the less time we have to get ourselves out of the mess on the park we are in, decision should be made to remove him as manager right away