*****New Craig Levein Poll 31/08*****

Whatever

*****New Craig Levein Poll 31/08*****  

1,302 members have voted

1. 1. Should craig Levein....

• Remain in position as head coach and director of football
    • Leave/be removed from his role as head coach but remain at the club as Director of football
    • Leave/be removed from his role as director of football but remain at the club as head coach
    • Leave/be removed from the club completely

2 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

For those saying he should continue as DoF, how many managers are going to come in and work under their predecessor?

Surely it’s pretty standard in most other forms of management that someone taking up a role is line-managed by the person who used to do that role. 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• Pasquale for King

• 1874robbo

• Jambo-Fox

I voted for Levein to leave the club completely because after being sacked as manager he'd of lost all credibility within the club.

And an ex-manager who is kept on as DOF would be not be a new managers preference.

Just now, Stephen Muddie said:

Of course. But then so is ignoring posters who have differences to you. Why are you even getting involved? I woke up this morning to an abusive post. I said cheerio to a guaranteed *****. Now you're here to pass judgement? Why?

From a man who loves to jump in for a wee wind up...   

Stephen Muddie
Just now, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

From a man who loves to jump in for a wee wind up...   

Aye at times I like a laugh, that must make me unique here? LOL However, I don't go around castigating others for their opinions or for having a laugh. Therefore I take umbrage to being quoted and abused. As I would not abuse anyone unless they abused me first. 

You might know this, but my "see ya, ya *****" was an attempted humorous response to a ridiculous personal dig.

MarkDevriesScores4

Also, Budge stated a few weeks ago that if she felt that the majority of the crowd wanted her to go, she would. Why is the same not applied to the failed manager she employs? Looks like approximately 95% want Craig out 

Geoff Kilpatrick
10 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Surely it’s pretty standard in most other forms of management that someone taking up a role is line-managed by the person who used to do that role. 🤷🏻‍♂️

In most of those instances, that person has been promoted.

In Craig Levein's case, he will have been given the arse.

13 hours ago, farin said:

Out the club completely, should never have a say in any player we sign ever again. New manager must be able to build his own team, not Leveins. 

This is where I am. 

No new manager will be attracted to come and work under this guy. 

23 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

The "fans" were on his back right from the off.

Hope you get a kick out of booing your own team.

Whose back were the fans on from the off?

From my seat in WSD I never witnessed any fans being on anyone’s back from the off yesterday. In fact, our fans were incredibly patient despite the utter dross on show. I don’t doubt there were one or two dotted around that were on the players cases from the beginning, but that’s it, isolated cases.

Still, you bash on exaggerating to get across your point that you hate our own fans.

7 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

Whose back were the fans on from the off?

From my seat in WSD I never witnessed any fans being on anyone’s back from the off yesterday. In fact, our fans were incredibly patient despite the utter dross on show. I don’t doubt there were one or two dotted around that were on the players cases from the beginning, but that’s it, isolated cases.

Still, you bash on exaggerating to get across your point that you hate our own fans.

Voice of reason but wasted on here 

He needed a successful spell as manager to earn the right to be DOF again.

With the appointment of Cathro and himself, he's shown he's as clueless at DOF as he is as manager.

Bye Craig, thanks for the memories (from your playing days).

Gordon Ramsay
14 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Get him out completely.

He was responsible for the Cathro disaster when he was director of football

Correct. 

Failure after failure. 

Sick of the sight of the guy. 

39 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

No they weren’t - the fans vocally supported the team well in the first half.

It was only in the last shambolic 15 minutes or so that the Levein Out chants rang through the stadium!

I was talking about Berra, not Levein.

39 minutes ago, Jambo_Gaz said:

The atmosphere was terrible yesterday. 

Yes, it was very flat. But it wasn’t hostile towards our own players. There were large periods of silence along with brief flutters of support.

That’s what happens when apathy sets in. Fans don’t even get on the team’s back anymore. Levein has sucked the life out of our support, myself included. Totally scunnered with it, and despite shelling out £500 for a ST can see me starting to pick and choose what home games I attend soon. 

95% of people want him gone says everything. The other 5% must be hobos as I cant understand why any Hearts fan would want to take any more of the dross weve endured over the last 3 seasons and now a 4th starting the same way. 

I've not spoken to any Hearts fans who still want him there and that includes guys who were staunch supporters of him a few weeks ago. 

14 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Better poll. 👍🏼

Went for “Back to DoF.”

I am happy for him to be DoF. I don’t think he should ever have stepped out of the role. He still is a key player at Hearts and will be the reason for our success in the future for his role as DoF.

In all honesty, I’d personally give him the Motherwell and Hibs games, win or bust because I think he could still turn it around, but at the next home game v Motherwell the supports not going to get behind the team in a manner which is helpful to the players on the pitch, so what’s the point? 

It’s pretty much past the point of no return for most folk now. It’s done. The board should ask him to relinquish his duties as manager and go back to full time DoF for the good of the club.

This is where I’m at. A real wrench, but it’s the way it’s gone 

23 minutes ago, farin said:

It’s the only way to guarantee the new manager complete autonomy. Or he takes the flak for playing leveins players etc & the circus continues. We need to break that cycle & start again or it’ll be Groundhog Day all over if levein is still bringing in the players after this. 

Correct.

Club cannot afford to make this mistake.

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

Think he will be gone tomorrow. Just a hunch.

Perfect time to look for a replacement with international break coming up.

kingantti1874
Just now, Superunknown said:

Perfect time to look for a replacement with international break coming up.

Yep, just a feeling.. the club must surely realise this cannot be repaired. 

2 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Again I ask, how many managers have worked under their predecessors, especially when that predecessor has been sacked from that role?

I don't think he would be sacked though. The club would simply announce that Craig has "moved upstairs"

Advocatt and Mcleish at Rangers springs to mind. Not sure how long that lasted right enough. 

We need change though, no doubt. If that means he has to go completely then so be it. 

kingantti1874
25 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Voice of reason but wasted on here 

agree, I though the fans got behind the team whenever the team sporadically gave them something to get behind..  when we were shit it was mainly just hushed moans..

tbh - pretty timid given we’ve taken 3 points from 33 🤦‍♂️ It’s only timid imo becuase people don’t want to force levein out the door, he is a legend and has been important in the rebuilding of the club.. he should never have been given the managers job.  

Drewjambobusby

Haven`t said a word as i am sure like some of you i wanted it so badly to work. IT hasn`t !!

Before he tarnishes some very fond memories of him as a person i hope he will do the decent thing and walk away. It is clear he has lost the dressing room if he cannot make that squad of players work. 

Need some fresh ideas and some fresh motivation. Can`t fault Leveins dedication, but it just isn`t working.

Having "voted" for him to leave the coach job and stay as DOF I can sympathise with those that want him gone completely. One question for those that want that would be do they think the board needs someone with knowledge and experience to advise them other than the manager? (not Gary Mackay or Michael Stewart 🙂 )

kingantti1874
8 minutes ago, deejtee said:

Having "voted" for him to leave the coach job and stay as DOF I can sympathise with those that want him gone completely. One question for those that want that would be do they think the board needs someone with knowledge and experience to advise them other than the manager? (not Gary Mackay or Michael Stewart 🙂 )

depends who we could appoint.. not if you could attract a David Moyes type but I’m not that optimistic we could secure someone of that pedigree

1 hour ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

Also, Budge stated a few weeks ago that if she felt that the majority of the crowd wanted her to go, she would. Why is the same not applied to the failed manager she employs? Looks like approximately 95% want Craig out 

I think it’s more than 95%. Cant believe that any Hearts fan has voted for Craig to stay. More than likely those votes are from interlopers on this site.

With regret, genuinely, voted for complete removal. It isn't working and hasn't been for a while. If we want a hungry, ambitious head coach, no way will they accept working under their predecessor. It just wouldn't work. We need a new direction. Craig levein himself said if he failed as head coach, it'd very difficult for him to justify going back upstairs. Putting him in as manager was a gamble and it hasn't worked out. 

I have been desperate for him to prove himself and get it right but it just isn't happening for him. Every manager has their sell by date and his time and come and gone.

Edited by jambogaza

56 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Get him out completely.

He was responsible for the Cathro disaster when he was director of football

I agree. Having listened to Cathro stumbling his way through his first after match interview it was clear he wasn't management material so why Levein thought he was fit to manage Hearts I would love to know.

ToadKiller Dog
23 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Think he will be gone tomorrow. Just a 

You might be right .

Certainly I now think its just a matter of time.

Rare a manager survives long  once he has lost the fans .

Clear from his post match interviews ,he is living on his pride. 

Edited by ToadKiller Dog

It’s the Cathro situation all over again. Extremely worrying that Budge is allowing the same mistake to be made again.

Cathro should have gone at the end of his first season. Our next season was ruined by keeping him on over the summer and LC group games.

Levein should have gone after the Cup Final. Could have went back to being DoF with no resistance from the fans, and a new manager brought in. But again indecision and delusion has taken over the board room. Big difference here is that Levein has signed some very good players and we have a squad capable of achieving on the park. A change needs to me made before it’s too late though.

1 hour ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Mot was horrendous in the last 15 minutes or so - the fans have had enough of Levein!

I know you will never understand our fans and how they feel about the mismanagement of our team by Levein and his coaching staff. 

Gordon Ramsay

He should have gone after the Livi game. 

The embarrassment of leaving the ground at 2 nil to then walk round the stadium and hear their 4 fans celebrate another 2 was shameful. 

To then get back to the car and turn on the radio and hear it was 5 left me speechless.

The man is completely and utterly clueless and so far out of his depth it's unreal. How anyone can think he should just go back upstairs after this disgraceful run of form leaves me genuinely baffled. 

Get rid of him, the coaches and the medical team and get us up this ****ing league. 

18 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

agree, I though the fans got behind the team whenever the team sporadically gave them something to get behind..  when we were shit it was mainly just hushed moans..

tbh - pretty timid given we’ve taken 3 points from 33 🤦‍♂️ It’s only timid imo becuase people don’t want to force levein out the door, he is a legend and has been important in the rebuilding of the club.. he should never have been given the managers job.  

Absolutely spot on. We must be just about the most patient, tolerant support going. You could count on one hand the number of good performances since the collapse at Murrayfield last year. We’re still there in numbers despite the yawning gulf between the opportunity we currently have and the inability of the team management to take advantage of it.

Although the numbers are beginning to look a bit depressing. Spanking new stand, and we’re nowhere near filling the capacity of the ground as it was. A couple of hundred lonely souls in the Roseburn yesterday, and that’s the way it will continue. For all the talk of new revenue streams, the Roseburn represents an existing one which is not bringing in anything like it should. Who’s going to buy walk-up tickets to watch this stuff when it’s obvious that a lot of people who’ve already paid for their season tickets are expressing doubts about attending now?

35 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Think he will be gone tomorrow. Just a hunch.

Certainly feels that way. Not a great time to be looking for a new manager though. All the good ones are either just in new jobs or have a summers transfer business to justify on top of those that are well settled in. 

John mcCartney

with the three very critical games coming up after the national break,Budge would be able to save a
modicum of her integrity by removing him of his duties this week sometime.

The time is now,early this week

Motherwell home,Fester away,Aberdeen home(a few days after fester)

32 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

That’s the basic mistake that was made and it’s  at Mrs Budges door. Easy for me to say that with hindsight of course 

Edited by soonbe110

If Ann Budge does not act this week i fear for the club, as our FOH Funders, Season Ticket holders ask for refunds, walk-up fans decline, hospitality takes a hit, workers in hospitality are laid off, sponsorship is hit, the list goes on and on. The fans have had it with Levein and co. i just don't want to see all the great work our family of Jambos have down of the park to be wasted by a woman who has her finger in a dam that is about to fail. Levein is out of excuses and promises it's time for a new manager who has total control of all matters concerning the first team, reserves and coaching staff.

20 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

I think it’s more than 95%. Cant believe that any Hearts fan has voted for Craig to stay. More than likely those votes are from interlopers on this site.

95% want him out as first team manager. It’s about 50/50 for remaining as DoF. Interesting call for our owner to make. 

5 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

If Ann Budge does not act this week i fear for the club, as our FOH Funders, Season Ticket holders ask for refunds, walk-up fans decline, hospitality takes a hit, workers in hospitality are laid off, sponsorship is hit, the list goes on and on. The fans have had it with Levein and co. i just don't want to see all the great work our family of Jambos have down of the park to be wasted by a woman who has her finger in a dam that is about to fail. Levein is out of excuses and promises it's time for a new manager who has total control of all matters concerning the first team, reserves and coaching staff.

In terms of painting the doom and gloom picture I think you should contact Jeremy Corbyn or Nicola Sturgeon.  Your Hearst  doom and gloom scenario is just what they are looking for re Brexit. 

Edited by soonbe110

9 minutes ago, John mcCartney said:

with the three very critical games coming up after the national break,Budge would be able to save a
modicum of her integrity by removing him of his duties this week sometime.

The time is now,early this week

Motherwell home,Fester away,Aberdeen home(a few days after fester)

If she does not act now,I fear the worst.

6 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Hope Robbie hasn’t signed his contract extension at Utd yet. 

Hopefully we will be going for a higher calibre of manager than robbie neilson. We were boring to watch under him as well.

Allowayjambo1874
39 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

Correct, it is interesting to see how many are actually paid up members within this small group.

2 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

Hopefully we will be going for a higher calibre of manager than robbie neilson. We were boring to watch under him as well.

RN won the championship at first attempt with record goals and points total. A championship that included Sevco and Hubz. We regularly thrashed teams and no other team has achieved what RN did. A strange definition for boring.

Unfortunately after that CL decided to poke his nose in and give RN orders/advice on how to set the team up. It was there for all to see- messages sent via Daly from CL to RN in the dugout. RN is already setting Dundee Utd in the right course. Who knows what RN could achieve with the current squad. It certainly can’t be any worse than CL.