*****New Craig Levein Poll 31/08*****

Whatever

*****New Craig Levein Poll 31/08*****  

1,302 members have voted

1. 1. Should craig Levein....

• Remain in position as head coach and director of football
    • Leave/be removed from his role as head coach but remain at the club as Director of football
    • Leave/be removed from his role as director of football but remain at the club as head coach
    • Leave/be removed from the club completely

kingantti1874
8 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

I totally get the anger tonight but people need to accept Levein isn’t going anywhere. He has said he wants to stay and turn things around. 

He will leave when he decides it is the right time to leave. 

that’s not true at all. - you think if 5k turned up at the next home game he’d still be around, the fans will dictate when he goes one way or another..

in fact he’s already toast, just a matter of tine

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• Pasquale for King

• 1874robbo

• Jambo-Fox

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, OTT said:

He sure is making things difficult. 

I've said to remain DOF because we are seeing results in other areas of the footballing department, we've recruited 3 top, top players for our level in Whelan, Damour & Naisy. Halkett has been a shrewd acquisition and the new lad from Japan is a box office signing. My issue is he doesn't seem to be utilising the players well enough. I don't think he's holding them to account and so it would be better if he focused on other areas of the footballing department like youth development, scouting and player recruitment. 

I would if I was Ann move heaven and earth to try and get Moyes in. He'd be perfect to move the club forwards. 

good post

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

that’s not true at all. - you think if 5k turned up at the next home game he’d still be around, the fans will dictate when he goes one way or another..

in fact he’s already toast, just a matter of tine

First of all it would never happen. A lot of fans including myself will turn up to support the team even if unhappy with the Manager. 

But even if some fans do stay away - yeah I still think he will keep his job. HE HAS ZERO WINS IN 11 LEAGUE GAMES. Despite this will sleep soundly tonight knowing there is no chance of a P45 on Monday. 

A_A wehatethehibs

It’s time to move on. He has implemented some good things, the club is on solid foundations, Levein has worked hard and given every effort. It is a results business and comprehensive Change is needed in our approach to football matches - now. 

1 hour ago, Whatever said:

Yep, 4 weeks on since the last one. All options included here :D 

Not quite all the options. I would have him end his roles as coach and DoF but remain at the club in some other capacity. If you include that option when we have the poll again in 4 weeks time, I would be grateful. ;)

We mobilised and put our hands in our pockets to help save our club.

Now we're slowly bleeding to death through continued incompetence.

Laughable in the extreme.

13 minutes ago, OTT said:

He sure is making things difficult. 

I've said to remain DOF because we are seeing results in other areas of the footballing department, we've recruited 3 top, top players for our level in Whelan, Damour & Naisy. Halkett has been a shrewd acquisition and the new lad from Japan is a box office signing. My issue is he doesn't seem to be utilising the players well enough. I don't think he's holding them to account and so it would be better if he focused on other areas of the footballing department like youth development, scouting and player recruitment. 

I would if I was Ann move heaven and earth to try and get Moyes in. He'd be perfect to move the club forwards. 

Agree with this, although I doubt Moyes would want the job

24 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Can't we have an option to 'put in stocks and throw vegetables at him' ? 

Or combine the two and throw vegetable stock at him?

1 hour ago, been here before said:

If Levein goes what will attention seekers keep starting the same threads about?

😴😴😴

10 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

It’s time to move on. He has implemented some good things, the club is on solid foundations, Levein has worked hard and given every effort. It is a results business and comprehensive Change is needed in our approach to football matches - now. 

What good things has he implemented exactly??? 🤔

brunoatemyhamster

All he needs to do is leave the first team to someone else. 

No interference. 

Let someone else run the first team. 

Stay well clear and concentrate on the bits of the job he is doing well at. 

He's been the problem for years and it's all down to his tactics. 

100% any half decent manager will get a better tune out of that squad. 

It's embarrassing. 

Sever all ties.

He’s not capable of leaving anyone else to do the manager role without interfering. Too much ego at play.

FarmerTweedy
1 hour ago, kimosavi said:

Want him completely removed

He's done well with the academy and if i was positive he'd remain in the background I'd keep him in DOF role, but I dont believe he could do that and i don't believe many top coaches would want to work under him. He has too much power at the club to remain in the wings 

I want the entire coaching staff replaced as well as John Murray and any scouts who have helped in the massive influx off poor players the club has brought in over the past 3 seasons

This is where a lot of fans just don't have a clue. I don't mean that to be insulting, although I can understand how it might come across that way, but what I mean, certainly regarding the coaching staff, is that none of us really have, or can have, any real idea of the coaching abilities that any of them actually have. Of course, it's clear that something is wrong overall with the coaching/tactical/team selection approach to games, and Levein has to leave the manager role as the manager is the driver of all of that, but pretty much none of us are remotely placed to understand the capabilities of the individuals working under him. Taking MacPhee as an example, it's not just Levein that rates him, he's a key part of Michael O'Neill's Northern Ireland setup too. I'm not saying he's definitely someone we should want to keep hold of, but pretty much none of us are capable of making any informed judgement. 

Likewise, with John Murray, I'm not saying he's good at his job or otherwise, but a lot of us, myself included, think we've got an excellent squad now that is woefully underperforming. I'm inclined to wonder how many of our failed signings over the last few years failed because they're shite players and how many failed because the manager couldn't use them properly? Look at how Bjorn Johnsen flourished at Den Haag after he left us!

To summarise, we need a new manager, that much is clear, but we then need that new manager to assess the rest of coaching, and probably also scouting, staff. None of us posting on jkb are capable of doing that.

35 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Would have accepted him remaining as DOF if he stepped down at the end of last season. Now he needs to go completely, as do all the background staff and this promotion within strategy. 

We need to boot the boot room strategy!

He has to leave the club, if he reverts to DOF I can’t see any manager with a decent track record wanting to work with him.

FarmerTweedy
1 hour ago, Longshanks said:

An experienced manager wouldn't work with him, hence why even billy Davies said our 'structure' was untenable. We need a clean break 

If Billy Davies said our structure was untenable, the one thing we can be sure of is that our structure isn't the problem! 

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, Whatever said:

Yep, 4 weeks on since the last one. All options included here :D 

You missed moved to head up the Academy only. :phface:

Pasquale for King
53 minutes ago, leginten said:

That much was absolutely clear. It always has been the case. Give the support a glimmer of something to cheer and they’re right behind the team. Hasn’t stopped some absolute ***** from trying to suggest that lack of support from the stands has in some way impacted on our performances over the last two years. Shameful.

It’s just one of the plethora of excuses that have been used, I’m surprised the wind wasn’t the problem today.

FarmerTweedy
1 hour ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Would have accepted him remaining as DOF if he stepped down at the end of last season. Now he needs to go completely, as do all the background staff and this promotion within strategy. 

Given that the promotion from within strategy hasn't actually been tried at any point yet (other than arguably when Neilson was given the head coach job, which was a highly successful appointment), why should that particular strategy go?

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
50 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

This is where a lot of fans just don't have a clue. I don't mean that to be insulting, although I can understand how it might come across that way, but what I mean, certainly regarding the coaching staff, is that none of us really have, or can have, any real idea of the coaching abilities that any of them actually have. Of course, it's clear that something is wrong overall with the coaching/tactical/team selection approach to games, and Levein has to leave the manager role as the manager is the driver of all of that, but pretty much none of us are remotely placed to understand the capabilities of the individuals working under him. Taking MacPhee as an example, it's not just Levein that rates him, he's a key part of Michael O'Neill's Northern Ireland setup too. I'm not saying he's definitely someone we should want to keep hold of, but pretty much none of us are capable of making any informed judgement. 

Likewise, with John Murray, I'm not saying he's good at his job or otherwise, but a lot of us, myself included, think we've got an excellent squad now that is woefully underperforming. I'm inclined to wonder how many of our failed signings over the last few years failed because they're shite players and how many failed because the manager couldn't use them properly? Look at how Bjorn Johnsen flourished at Den Haag after he left us!

To summarise, we need a new manager, that much is clear, but we then need that new manager to assess the rest of coaching, and probably also scouting, staff. None of us posting on jkb are capable of doing that.

:lol:

you're informed enough to say we need a new manager but you've declared pretty much no ones informed enough for other stuff :rofl:

neither mrs B nor levein himself thinks we need a new manager thanks for keeping us  right farmer on all things important 👍

you must be in Mensa with Gail 

Voted for him to go completely but I would be happy for him to stay on the board in a non executive advisory capacity.

alternatively in the role of Chief Scout and Academy Director. I believe he can spot a player and his work with the academy is good.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 hours ago, Herbert said:

He's done brilliant with the academy and getting guys like Naismith and Washington to sign. so I would keep him as DOF.

Surprise to see the sense early. 

Only thing wrong,  and it is the biggest thing,  his team are not winning matches. 

But its quite a squad and quite an academy.  

2 out of 3 ain't bad?

Sorry Meat Loaf, this one is virtually at the point of no return. 

Can't help thinking,  Craig being such a smart arse,  at times has distanced many people,  but even his closest allies are finding it difficult at the moment to back him.

Could have been very different today. 

But it wasn't,  the second half disintegration is a major issue considering the capabilities of those on the pitch. 

1 hour ago, TheOak88 said:

I totally get the anger tonight but people need to accept Levein isn’t going anywhere. He has said he wants to stay and turn things around. 

Yup nobody will tell Mr Arrogant what to do, and Budge has put him in a position of unassailable power - head coach, D of F and a full Board Director FFS!!

This will not end well 

The club needs a clean break

If he stays as DOF he will end up appointing his replacement, probably Jon Daly and he will insist on keeping all the existing backroom staff. 

Additionally, if he stays as a director no self respecting manager would work under him.  

The crowd today was 15,347 when it could have been £17/18k under different circumstances.    

Unfortunately AB's believes he is doing a wonderful job.

I think an experienced manager would relish the opportunity to work at a club like Hearts with the set up we have and the squad we have. For that reason I don’t think Levein can go back up to the DoF role. If he goes back to DoF we will

have to go down the route of a untried, inexperienced coach. Someone that would need someone like Levein to lean on for support. I think because we have finished 5th, 6th and 6th and with the investment in the squad this season, we can’t afford to experiment again like Cathro. Levein is too stubborn to resign and is too stubborn to admit he’s making mistakes. He’s gotta be removed fully now, sadly. 

An idea: 

Approach Moyes to take over as DoF. Someone with contacts and someone who can build on the foundations Levein has laid down. Then look to appoint someone like Robinson from Motherwell. Someone who has knowledge of the league and who is currently over achieving with a worse squad than what we have. 

What a shame its come to this. Levein is one of us. He’s lived the dream. He is stubborn but that’s because he loves us and wants to be successful with us, he just doesn’t have it anymore. Everyone is angry just now due to results but I don’t think anyone has any proper ill will to Levein. Its just simply a case of his time being up. 

Hampden Demolition

I would have liked to have seen him put into an Academy director role up until today but now I feel it would be best for all parties if he went completely. A fresh start for everyone. Get a manager in with now Hearts connections.

Walter Bishop

Pointless. Within 24 hours this poll will be in favour of levein in some form. Employees, fake members on here etc will be on to vote as they always do.

The real fans made their voices clear at the game today.

3 hours ago, tian447 said:

I've voted for him to be removed completely, but only because I don't see things changing without his influence. We need a new direction, and with him as Director of Football, that might be difficult. 

The tactics need changed, and that is becoming increasingly apparent. We have an amazing pool of players, and we should be easily skooshing 3rd place with the squad we have. However, we're not doing something right, and that has to change! 

And that’s cause of a clueless management team

5 minutes ago, Hampden Demolition said:

I would have liked to have seen him put into an Academy director role up until today but now I feel it would be best for all parties if he went completely. A fresh start for everyone. Get a manager in with now Hearts connections.

Maybe best we go fresh completely 

Hectormasson
2 hours ago, allyby said:

If he stays as DOF he would probably sack a manager with a slightly better record than he has achieved in the role, I also don't trust him in not trying to pick the team so GTF means exactly that and show him the door, remember and close it on the way out!

👏👏👏👏👏👏👍🇶🇦🇱🇻

8 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

I think an experienced manager would relish the opportunity to work at a club like Hearts with the set up we have and the squad we have. For that reason I don’t think Levein can go back up to the DoF role. If he goes back to DoF we will

have to go down the route of a untried, inexperienced coach. Someone that would need someone like Levein to lean on for support. I think because we have finished 5th, 6th and 6th and with the investment in the squad this season, we can’t afford to experiment again like Cathro. Levein is too stubborn to resign and is too stubborn to admit he’s making mistakes. He’s gotta be removed fully now, sadly. 

An idea: 

Approach Moyes to take over as DoF. Someone with contacts and someone who can build on the foundations Levein has laid down. Then look to appoint someone like Robinson from Motherwell. Someone who has knowledge of the league and who is currently over achieving with a worse squad than what we have. 

What a shame its come to this. Levein is one of us. He’s lived the dream. He is stubborn but that’s because he loves us and wants to be successful with us, he just doesn’t have it anymore. Everyone is angry just now due to results but I don’t think anyone has any proper ill will to Levein. Its just simply a case of his time being up. 

Good post but the point you say he doesn’t have it anymore ... when exactly did he have it ... hasn’t won nothing in his entire life 

Just now, NB GIN said:

Good post but the point you say he doesn’t have it anymore ... when exactly did he have it ... hasn’t won nothing in his entire life 

Yeah but in his first spell he ruled with an iron fist. He would smash everyone and anyone who didn’t hit his standards. Look at the mistakes we make week in week out, that wouldn’t have happened first time round. He is a shadow of that now.

Winning trophies shouldn’t be a stick to measure any Hearts player or manager. There is a very small group of people who have won trophies with us. It’s unfair to hold that against him. 

Sadly the current set up isn't working and there is not enough evidence of any improvement. I believe Levein should go or move upstairs and probably those doing the day to day coaching apart from Kirk need to leave as failure is becoming chronic. Budge needs to accept that Levein thinks he can sort this but the evidence is not there to support  his convictions.

John Gentleman
2 hours ago, TheOak88 said:

Maybe he wants to manage us in the Championship? Heading the right way for it..

John Gentleman
12 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Apparently he's offered his resignation

Got a source for that?

He needs to go. 

Away from the club completely.

Just go Craig, the atmosphere around the club is toxic just now and aslong as CL is there it won’t change!   

New man in the dug out for Motherwell game please!!!!!!!

AlphonseCapone
1 hour ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Given that the promotion from within strategy hasn't actually been tried at any point yet (other than arguably when Neilson was given the head coach job, which was a highly successful appointment), why should that particular strategy go?

Because it's a naive strategy with a lot of potential flaws. Heart of Midlothian shouldn't be a training camp for football managers, we should be employing the absolute best we can, and the only way to know that's the case is to have an open application for the top job every single time. We shouldn't operate like some sort of monarchy with automatic succession. 

Has any other football club employed this strategy successfully? 

It should have been ten
3 hours ago, been here before said:

If Levein goes what will attention seekers keep starting the same threads about?

This in spades. Doesn’t matter who’s in charge the usual arseholes will still bump their wallies. 

AlphonseCapone

Would genuinely like to hear more from the stay as both head coach and DOF guys. Lot of names there I wouldn't have expected. Assumed it would all be hibs trolls. 

It should have been ten
49 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Apparently he's offered his resignation

He’s offered it more than once.

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, It should have been ten said:

He’s offered it more than once.

Hopefully Budge accepts this time.

It should have been ten
1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Hopefully Budge accepts this time.

Ann* Budge