*****New Craig Levein Poll 31/08*****

Whatever

*****New Craig Levein Poll 31/08*****  

1,302 members have voted

1. 1. Should craig Levein....

• Remain in position as head coach and director of football
    • Leave/be removed from his role as head coach but remain at the club as Director of football
    • Leave/be removed from his role as director of football but remain at the club as head coach
    • Leave/be removed from the club completely

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• Pasquale for King

• 1874robbo

• Jambo-Fox

I've voted for him to be removed completely, but only because I don't see things changing without his influence. We need a new direction, and with him as Director of Football, that might be difficult. 

The tactics need changed, and that is becoming increasingly apparent. We have an amazing pool of players, and we should be easily skooshing 3rd place with the squad we have. However, we're not doing something right, and that has to change! 

Leave/be removed from his role as head coach and director of football, but maybe stay at the club in some other capacity.

Will an experienced manager work with him upstairs ?

If so why the **** are we still waiting on an experienced manager in charge of Hearts who actually wants to do the job ?

Another option of only staying as director of football if none of his present backroom staff get the gig or he’ll just pull the strings anyway.

Want him completely removed

He's done well with the academy and if i was positive he'd remain in the background I'd keep him in DOF role, but I dont believe he could do that and i don't believe many top coaches would want to work under him. He has too much power at the club to remain in the wings 

I want the entire coaching staff replaced as well as John Murray and any scouts who have helped in the massive influx off poor players the club has brought in over the past 3 seasons

Edited by kimosavi

1 minute ago, 1874robbo said:

Another option of only staying as director of football if none of his present backroom staff get the gig or he’ll just pull the strings anyway.

Gies a break chief 😂

2 minutes ago, glynnlondon said:

Will an experienced manager work with him upstairs ?

If so why the **** are we still waiting on an experienced manager in charge of Hearts who actually wants to do the job ?

An experienced manager wouldn't work with him, hence why even billy Davies said our 'structure' was untenable. We need a clean break 

Has to go completely, if we’re going to move forward it needs a fresh outlook. Sad to see it end this way but the good things he has done will be forgotten if this decline continues. The signs were there clear as day in the league cup group games .

Out completely. 

His contacts/academy work mean nothing if he's head coach, deciding who will be head coach or breathing down a head coaches neck with Ann's approval. 

Get him out. 

For the good of the club he has to go completely. Well past the time he could sneak back upstairs.

Thankfully I'm sure he has saud something along the lines of not going back upstairs.

We need him gone completely, a clean slate.

Craig Levein has been a great servant of the club as player, manager and director of football but it is time for a new manager with a different approach.

This has been clear for months. He should have gone after the Cup final. 

loveofthegame

I like a fair bit of what he’s done out with the first team’s performance but feel a clean break is needed to move on, otherwise it’s just going to be more of the same with a Levein man put in place of him (Macphee/Daly). 

We are a very attractive club with a decent playing squad already in place- there’ll be some great candidates interested.

The Real Maroonblood
9 minutes ago, Gambo said:

For the good of the club he has to go completely. Well past the time he could sneak back upstairs.

Thankfully I'm sure he has saud something along the lines of not going back upstairs.

We need him gone completely, a clean slate.

This.

Better poll. 👍🏼

Went for “Back to DoF.”

I am happy for him to be DoF. I don’t think he should ever have stepped out of the role. He still is a key player at Hearts and will be the reason for our success in the future for his role as DoF.

In all honesty, I’d personally give him the Motherwell and Hibs games, win or bust because I think he could still turn it around, but at the next home game v Motherwell the supports not going to get behind the team in a manner which is helpful to the players on the pitch, so what’s the point? 

It’s pretty much past the point of no return for most folk now. It’s done. The board should ask him to relinquish his duties as manager and go back to full time DoF for the good of the club.

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, been here before said:

If Levein goes what will attention seekers keep starting the same threads about?

You probably will.

Gone completely. His time is up. If he is in the background, the manager would always be accused of having Levein looking over his shoulder and we need a completely fresh start on the playing side.

2 minutes ago, been here before said:

If Levein goes what will attention seekers keep starting the same threads about?

Sean Clare, Ann Budge, Christophe Berra, Austin MacPhee, ticket prices, Craig Levein, Who the more poisonous side of the old firm is

Might even see a return of the corner filling debate! 

Take your pick

5 minutes ago, been here before said:

Someone who can be the future, not the past

I'd go with option 2, but with the caveat that we appoint an experienced head coach / manager and that the DOF role excludes any day to day involvement or influence over the first team. 

Just now, RobNox said:

I'd go with option 2, but with the caveat that we appoint an experienced head coach / manager and that the DOF role excludes any day to day involvement or influence over the first team. 

Derek McInnes would take the job. 👀👀

8 minutes ago, been here before said:

Who knows?

I’d guess you’ll still be there boring the tits off everyone though.

Edited by Whatever

been here before
4 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

You probably will.

Hmmmmm Im not sure that makes an awful lot of sense.

Have another bash.

6 minutes ago, been here before said:

Our free flowing attacking football. Possible opponents for Champions League Group Stages. 

If he stays as DOF he would probably sack a manager with a slightly better record than he has achieved in the role, I also don't trust him in not trying to pick the team so GTF means exactly that and show him the door, remember and close it on the way out!

I answered option 4.

I never wanted CL in charge but I do think he can have a role to play at the club as long as it is well away from the first team. That’s been my position all along.

Option 2 still means some sort of involvement with first team so that’s a resounding no.

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Whatever said:

Who knows?

:laugh:

been here before
2 minutes ago, Whatever said:

Who knows?

Edited to add an extra f to off.

👏

9 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

Craig Levein has been a great servant of the club as player, manager and director of football but it is time for a new manager with a different approach.

This has been clear for months. He should have gone after the Cup final. 

He was extremely fortunate the feel good factor at the ginal won a large portion of the support back round. He had to make it count... He hasnt

His recruitment has been diabolical with maybe the very odd exception, also add in him overseeing the Cathro debacle, it's hard to make case for him to remain at the club. He can't stay as head coach, we all know that. 

kingantti1874

Thing is today, in the sporadic moments when we played good football, the crowd gave the team backing. It’s not like the support wasn’t there.. 

this is terminal

8 minutes ago, Whatever said:

Who knows?

:lol:

6 minutes ago, Alan_R said:

He was extremely fortunate the feel good factor at the ginal won a large portion of the support back round. He had to make it count... He hasnt

He could have gone then with dignity and respect for getting so close to beating Celtic in a final. If we'd won it, it would have been the perfect time to go.

29 minutes ago, been here before said:

We have a winner. Stupid post of the year congrats 

45 minutes ago, farin said:

Out the club completely, should never have a say in any player we sign ever again. New manager must be able to build his own team, not Leveins. 

100% this, LEVEIN completely gone and all the backroom boys too.

Probably best squad in years, but Levein not capable to make it work, he has to walk.

18 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Thing is today, in the sporadic moments when we played good football, the crowd gave the team backing. It’s not like the support wasn’t there.. 

this is terminal

That much was absolutely clear. It always has been the case. Give the support a glimmer of something to cheer and they’re right behind the team. Hasn’t stopped some absolute ***** from trying to suggest that lack of support from the stands has in some way impacted on our performances over the last two years. Shameful.

AlphonseCapone

Would have accepted him remaining as DOF if he stepped down at the end of last season. Now he needs to go completely, as do all the background staff and this promotion within strategy. 

I totally get the anger tonight but people need to accept Levein isn’t going anywhere. He has said he wants to stay and turn things around. 

He will leave when he decides it is the right time to leave. 

He sure is making things difficult. 

I've said to remain DOF because we are seeing results in other areas of the footballing department, we've recruited 3 top, top players for our level in Whelan, Damour & Naisy. Halkett has been a shrewd acquisition and the new lad from Japan is a box office signing. My issue is he doesn't seem to be utilising the players well enough. I don't think he's holding them to account and so it would be better if he focused on other areas of the footballing department like youth development, scouting and player recruitment. 

I would if I was Ann move heaven and earth to try and get Moyes in. He'd be perfect to move the club forwards.