Whelan at the end today

tartofmidlothian

On 31/08/2019 at 20:16, Longshanks said:

Really? He bossed it? Against a HAMILTON team we scraped a draw with? 

He didn't stand out for me at all, has a brilliant sideways pass on him though. 

That’s just pure negativity. We’re shite enough without pish reviews like that. 

The mans job is to protect the back 4, keep the ball and move the ball onto the creative player. 

**** all he could do about they two goals. 

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shanks

• GinRummy

• The Treasurer

• Gards

The Treasurer
7 hours ago, Last Laff said:

How on earth did we manage to get the boy in?  Outstanding business.

I doubt a player of his calibre would sign for a club if he thought their manager was shite, but then he doesn't know as much as the experts on JKB

43 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

I doubt a player of his calibre would sign for a club if he thought their manager was shite, but then he doesn't know as much as the experts on JKB

Craig can talk a good game, as can Austin shree sixteen. 

59 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Not just the experts on JKB though is it? 10 months worth of mostly awful football. Players who look like they either aren’t interested or don’t know what they should be doing. Struggling to put league one and two sides to the sword. Failing to beat Hamilton and Ross County at home with a much improved side. Playing injured and unfit players, hampering their recovery. Two successive 6th place finishes with the 4th highest budget. Hardly takes an expert to work out the manager is shite does it? Or should all that just be ignored because Whelan rates him?

The Treasurer
5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Not just the experts on JKB though is it? 10 months worth of mostly awful football. Players who look like they either aren’t interested or don’t know what they should be doing. Struggling to put league one and two sides to the sword. Failing to beat Hamilton and Ross County at home with a much improved side. Playing injured and unfit players, hampering their recovery. Two successive 6th place finishes with the 4th highest budget. Hardly takes an expert to work out the manager is shite does it? Or should all that just be ignored because Whelan rates him?

It's not just Whelan is it

Several senior players have been quoted that they (the squad) are to blame for the current form, I've not heard one criticising the management or the club in any way

2 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

It's not just Whelan is it

Several senior players have been quoted that they (the squad) are to blame for the current form, I've not heard one criticising the management or the club in any way

I wouldn’t publicly criticise my boss either. There is little doubt a new manager would get more from the current squad of players imo. Over 90% in the most recent poll seem like they agree.

It’s all about opinions but folk who still rate Levein are doing so out of blind loyalty or actually believe the new excuse he comes out with every week. Out of interest how bad would it need to get before you thought he was shite? Bottom 6, relegation threat? Another 5-0 drubbing from livi? Or would it always be someone else’s fault other than Levein if the players continued to publicly support him?

The Treasurer
21 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I wouldn’t publicly criticise my boss either. There is little doubt a new manager would get more from the current squad of players imo. Over 90% in the most recent poll seem like they agree.

It’s all about opinions but folk who still rate Levein are doing so out of blind loyalty or actually believe the new excuse he comes out with every week. Out of interest how bad would it need to get before you thought he was shite? Bottom 6, relegation threat? Another 5-0 drubbing from livi? Or would it always be someone else’s fault other than Levein if the players continued to publicly support him?

You are trying to put words into my mouth.

The players who have backed him (Whelan, Naismith etc) are not doing it out of fear for their jobs, so they must believe what they say.

Personally I do think Levein is a good manager but I believe he's lost a bit of the spark he had since his health scare (which is understandable).

For that reason I think he should step away from the manager's role but I'd be happy for him to remain at the club as DoF because I believe he has done a great job in restructuring the footballing side of things behind the scenes and can continue to do so.

If people like yourself think that is "defending" him then that's up to you

13 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

You are trying to put words into my mouth.

The players who have backed him (Whelan, Naismith etc) are not doing it out of fear for their jobs, so they must believe what they say.

Personally I do think Levein is a good manager but I believe he's lost a bit of the spark he had since his health scare (which is understandable).

For that reason I think he should step away from the manager's role but I'd be happy for him to remain at the club as DoF because I believe he has done a great job in restructuring the footballing side of things behind the scenes and can continue to do so.

If people like yourself think that is "defending" him then that's up to you

You were defending him. I wasn’t trying to put words in your mouth I was asking you questions as to what your breaking point would be as I am already passed mine. 

I think his help in the restructuring of the club shouldn’t be ignored but I’d prefer if he left the club altogether. Wouldn’t be against him getting a role which had nothing to do with the first team though but I think he’d get too involved in 1st team matters as DoF.

The Treasurer
6 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

You were defending him. I wasn’t trying to put words in your mouth I was asking you questions as to what your breaking point would be as I am already passed mine. 

I think his help in the restructuring of the club shouldn’t be ignored but I’d prefer if he left the club altogether. Wouldn’t be against him getting a role which had nothing to do with the first team though but I think he’d get too involved in 1st team matters as DoF.

Where am I defending him ?

I've said I think he is a good manager but his health scare has made him less effective.

I've not once said he is blameless for our current situation

4 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Where am I defending him ?

I've said I think he is a good manager but his health scare has made him less effective.

I've not once said he is blameless for our current situation

So your first post suggested Whelan wouldn’t have signed if he thought Levein was shite.

Why post that if not to defend Levein?

You then said other players supported Craig and blamed themselves. 

Again, looks like a defence of the boss.

The Treasurer
2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

So your first post suggested Whelan wouldn’t have signed if he thought Levein was shite.

Why post that if not to defend Levein?

You then said other players supported Craig and blamed themselves. 

Again, looks like a defence of the boss.

Just quoting what the players have said. How you interpret them is up to you

1 minute ago, The Treasurer said:

Just quoting what the players have said. How you interpret them is up to you

It’s not just a matter of interpretation. If Levein is getting the blame for current form (which he is) and you post that the players said they are to blame then you are posting a defence of the manager. Whether that was your intention or not I’m unsure but otherwise why post it?

The Treasurer
3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

It’s not just a matter of interpretation. If Levein is getting the blame for current form (which he is) and you post that the players said they are to blame then you are posting a defence of the manager. Whether that was your intention or not I’m unsure but otherwise why post it?

Maybe because I'd take the opinion of international professional football players over that of slavering arseholes on a fans forum when it comes to matters regarding this subject.

People say he is a shite manager, these highly respected players say different.

As I've already said it, but I'll repeat it for you.

Levein has to be at least partly to blame (even though the players accept most of the responsibility), no question about that.

I think he should step down as manager, is that clear enough for you to understand ?

6 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Maybe because I'd take the opinion of international professional football players over that of slavering arseholes on a fans forum when it comes to matters regarding this subject.

People say he is a shite manager, these highly respected players say different.

As I've already said it, but I'll repeat it for you.

Levein has to be at least partly to blame (even though the players accept most of the responsibility), no question about that.

I think he should step down as manager, is that clear enough for you to understand ?

Yeah. It’s all been clear. For the avoidance of doubt, the only thing I wasn’t clear on was why you said you weren’t defending levein when you clearly were. Thanks fir taking the time to explain.