Our Footbal club is fundamentally broken

jambo1975

Today after the 2nd equaliser I lost my cool. Shouted and dropped a few expletives. Nothing racist nothing sectarian. Just a frustrated fan watching years of drivel. What was the reaction from my fellow supporters. Sit down and watch your language or I will report you. Why? Because litterley ever one around me doesnt care. We sit, mumer amongst ourselves and sneak out before full time to get home earlier. Many many years ago after a run of poor results a few thousands supporters went to the main stand and chanted for Alex McDonald to go. Alex McDonald a man who took us to the brink of winning  a league title. A few days later he was gone. Today we accept that Craig Levein will continue to lead us towards at best bottom 6 at worst play off. Without some serious fan movement this man will continue to drag us down. A few Levein must go chants are not enough unless our passionate and partiazan fan base start taking drastic action we are in serious trouble.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jambo1975

• shauncl

• jake

• merrymac

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

We are no longer a football club. Budge sorted that out.

She is the reason we are a football club.

Unfortunately it's the man she trust with the onfield department that continues to get things wrong.

Edited by vegas-voss

Oneneilberry

Soft as shite..more interested in creating a friendly zone where fans can sit on their hands for 80 minutes

Tynecastle has went from a bear pit to a bouncy castle

Stuart McNeill
5 minutes ago, jambo1975 said:

Today after the 2nd equaliser I lost my cool. Shouted and dropped a few expletives. Nothing racist nothing sectarian. Just a frustrated fan watching years of drivel. What was the reaction from my fellow supporters. Sit down and watch your language or I will report you. Why? Because litterley ever one around me doesnt care. We sit, mumer amongst ourselves and sneak out before full time to get home earlier. Many many years ago after a run of poor results a few thousands supporters went to the main stand and chanted for Alex McDonald to go. Alex McDonald a man who took us to the brink of winning  a league title. A few days later he was gone. Today we accept that Craig Levein will continue to lead us towards at best bottom 6 at worst play off. Without some serious fan movement this man will continue to drag us down. A few Levein must go chants are not enough unless our passionate and partiazan fan base start taking drastic action we are in serious trouble.

I walked round to the main stand tbh expecting some sort of protest but nothing.. 

Left to deal with it all for another week. 

It should have been ten
3 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

You really are a slaver 

2 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Unfortunately it's the man she trust with the onfield department that continues to get things wrong.

Excellent post. 

1 minute ago, It should have been ten said:

You really are a slaver 

He wouldn’t know where Tynecastle was never mind what goes on within it on match days!

There was plenty shouting from behind the dugouts at full time, nonsense to say there was no protest or serious fuss going on.

Edited by kila

1 minute ago, Oneneilberry said:

Soft as shite..more interested in creating a friendly zone where fans can sit on their hands for 80 minutes

Couldn't agree more mate. Let me say from the outset I'm 43 years old sit in section t and have no interest is any billy boy pish but am the only person in a radius of 100's that seems to show any passion. There was more swearing and stuff in the family enclosure 30 years ago than there is now in any part of the stadium 

7 minutes ago, jambo1975 said:

Wouldn’t be much of a punishment if you’d been asked to leave. 

2 minutes ago, Pants Shaton said:

All this ‘fundamentally broken’ stuff is utter pish. Away and lie down.  

Exactly. Our manager is shite we need a new one aside from that we’ve never been in a better condition as a football club!

There was plenty round me telling Levein what they thought and no one was telling them to sit down!

Edited by Rudy T

Just now, Des Lynam said:

Wouldn’t be much of a punishment if you’d been asked to leave. 

If I could get a full refund for my season ticket I would happily take it!

4 minutes ago, Stuart McNeill said:

I walked round to the main stand tbh expecting some sort of protest but nothing.. 

Left to deal with it all for another week. 

Same

Anyone else hear Naismith screaming? Sums up the atmosphere

Bazzas right boot

Look at me I swore n that, nae one else did so they dinnae care. 

Bollocks. 

There is a serious debate about what we do and how we do it, but the op is just attention seeking pish. 

We are not broken. 

We are having poor results, do we stick with the plan or rip it up?

Clubs do this all the time, doesn’t mean the club is broken Ffs 

13 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

No, she sees us as a community club. Winning secondary to everything else she does. 

7 minutes ago, Pants Shaton said:

All this ‘fundamentally broken’ stuff is utter pish. Away and lie down.  

And right there is the issue. Fundamentally what are we? A football club, fundamentally what is our major issue at the moment, our football performance.  Without some serious change in the football department this club is in the championship next season.

It should have been ten
11 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

He wouldn’t know where Tynecastle was never mind what goes on within it on match days!

Exactly right bud, he’s a clueless troll!

The reason everyone is so annoyed is because we are so far from being broken. The club is in an incredible place on and off the field. The facilities are top notch, the stadium is almost unrecognisable and the squad is top notch. The problem is the manger and his ability to get the best out of everything he has at his disposal. That’s where most of the anger comes from. A club of our size with the players we have shouldn’t be going into the first international break joint bottom of the league. 

Jambo1975 totally agree  soft as shite like sitting in a library wont be back as long as levein is there. Loved him as a player but time to go now ffs.

Nelly Terraces
22 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

As you said a while ago mate - it's a Community Centre she's running,not a football club.

1 minute ago, jambo1975 said:

And right there is the issue. Fundamentally what are we? A football club, fundamentally what is our major issue at the moment, our football performance.  Without some serious change in the football department this club is in the championship next season.

We were nearer 'fundamental broken ' when Vlad fled leaving us with no budget and few players.

What we are just now is a strong squad that's badly prepared and seriously underperforming.

Standing swearing and castigating others for staying calm doesn't mean they don't equally care

4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Bollocks. 

There is a serious debate about what we do and how we do it, but the op is just attention seeking pish. 

We are not broken. 

My friend I can assure I am not attention seeking. I have been on this forum for many many years and probably have at most a double digit post count. I truly believe we are in a serious situation and need drastic action to resolve it. The apathy that continues to surround our performances on the park at home worries me immensely. If we as a group of supporters do not make our feelings crystal clear to the current ownership the only outcome is relegation 

Hectormasson
19 minutes ago, Oneneilberry said:

Exactly " no passion  no fight ,,no nothing" tynecastle is a pale shadow of what it once was a!! Under budge and

Levein it's all the way down!!!!

Jambof3tornado
22 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Failing to act means Ann does not have the clubs best interests at heart.

Ultimately its down to her is levein wont walk.

4 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

The reason everyone is so annoyed is because we are so far from being broken. The club is in an incredible place on and off the field. The facilities are top notch, the stadium is almost unrecognisable and the squad is top notch. The problem is the manger and his ability to get the best out of everything he has at his disposal. That’s where most of the anger comes from. A club of our size with the players we have shouldn’t be going into the first international break joint bottom of the league. 

☑️

Jambof3tornado
12 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Bollocks. 

We are not broken. 

Poor results is an understatement.

1 minute ago, stan said:

We were nearer 'fundamental broken ' when Vlad fled leaving us with no budget and few players.

What we are just now is a strong squad that's badly prepared and seriously underperforming.

Standing swearing and castigating others for staying calm doesn't mean they don't equally care

If it was an isolated performance I would agree with you however today was a continuation of months and months of on field drivel. It doesnt matter how well things are "off the field" our one and only measure of success is on the football pitch. We are honking, and have been for a long time. 

heartandsoul
31 minutes ago, jambo1975 said:

Post of the day. So true 

Pants Shaton
13 minutes ago, jambo1975 said:

I expect this seemed more clever in your head that it actually is.

What you’re describing could be solved by a single personnel change.  ‘Fundamentally broken’? Aye?

Just now, jambo1975 said:

If it was an isolated performance I would agree with you however today was a continuation of months and months of on field drivel. It doesnt matter how well things are "off the field" our one and only measure of success is on the football pitch. We are honking, and have been for a long time. 

I fully agree it's not isolated. The club is not sufficiently focused on fixing the glaring and repeated underperformance. If we had decent coaching and leadership I think we'd be competitive very quickly.

1 minute ago, Pants Shaton said:

I expect this seemed more clever in your head that it actually is.

What you’re describing could be solved by a single personnel change.  ‘Fundamentally broken’? Aye?

Fundamentally we are what? A football club. Fundamentally we are shite at football. Not clever just reality. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn

The club is not fundamentally broken. The football side of it is fundamentally broken.

But quite honestly, if it’s taken you this long to realise that then you haven’t been paying attention. There are plenty of us who were calling Levein our 18 months ago, only to be constantly shot down by those on here who had the foresight to look at the abject shite we were getting and somehow see some promise in it.

As i’ve said before, when the club comes under fan ownership I seriously hope no-one who’s backed Levein has anything to do with running it. Absolutely clueless about football.

Pants Shaton
2 minutes ago, jambo1975 said:

Fundamentally we are what? A football club. Fundamentally we are shite at football. Not clever just reality. 

If we win our next three matches (with or without Levein) - are we fundamentally fixed?

57 minutes ago, jambo1975 said:

What a superb post! As a fellow fan who watched our first relegation in the 70s never ever thought I would see my club win anything especially after Dens only for the magnificent Jeffries to do the business in 98. What followed those barren years was a standard of football, admittedly up and down, but nevertheless a better product than the 70s and 80s. I will never forget what Ann has done for our club but FFS what is happening now in the hands of  Levein is unbelievable. This is no early season hysteria Craig. This is real you are out your depth and have been since the Scotland job and Ann is culpable in supporting your delusions. 

Ann Budge wants us to be a family club.....

walk up prices today were 29 pounds!!!

29 pounds to watch That

Edited by red

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Pilmuir said:

The club as a whole is in great shape

But the first team is hopeless and needs new leadership.

👍

1 hour ago, jambo1975 said:

Are you a betting man?  I don't think we'll be anywhere near the championship next season and would happily wager a bet with you on that, even if there is no change in the management structure.  Serious offer, £50 says that we will not be relegated under Levein's management this season?

1 minute ago, EH11 said:

Are you a betting man?  I don't think we'll be anywhere near the championship next season and would happily wager a bet with you on that, even if there is no change in the management structure.  Serious offer, £50 says that we will not be relegated under Levein's management this season?

If he stays and we avoid the play offs I will donate £50 to your chosen charity.