35th Anniversary

Rudy T

My boy was asking this morning when my first Hearts game was, he’s doing a history of football project at school. Think the cheeky wee shite thinks I was around in the 1800’s

Any way I remember my actual first game was against Dumbarton at Tynie, Donald Park scored in a 1-0 win. I didn’t go regular until the season after. I just checked London  Hearts and that first game was 35 years ago today! 3 Scottish cups, tours of Europe, relegation, promotion, Mercer, pie man, Romanov and Budge, tears, snotters, joy, anger, Robbo, Skacel, 22 in a row... and so much more I’ve seen it all and I still love Hearts!

So cmon Hearts gives a big win on my anniversary!!

3 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

Can’t remember mine but it would have been mid 70s so maybe not a bad thing!

wee Parky was a favourite of mine. Remember he scored in NYD derby, 83 or 84. Willie Irvine equalised about a minute later. It was pishing down. 

Robbo quickly replaced Parky as my favourite as a boy.... little did I know then I was never to see another striker like him in Maroon.... maybe one day!

Think my first game was in 1990, I can’t remember the exact year but I do remember beating Motherwell 2:0 with Robbo and Crabbe scoring 

2 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Robbo quickly replaced Parky as my favourite as a boy.... little did I know then I was never to see another striker like him in Maroon.... maybe one day!

I doubt anyone will get anywhere near Robertson’s scoring records 

First game was a 2-1 win at Tynecastle against Dundee Utd round about 84-85 aged 9 going in the father son gate in old main stand 

23 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

My boy was asking this morning when my first Hearts game was, he’s doing a history of football project at school. Think the cheeky wee shite thinks I was around in the 1800’s

Any way I remember my actual first game was against Dumbarton at Tynie, Donald Park scored in a 1-0 win. I didn’t go regular until the season after. I just checked London  Hearts and that first game was 35 years ago today! 3 Scottish cups, tours of Europe, relegation, promotion, Mercer, pie man, Romanov and Budge, tears, snotters, joy, anger, Robbo, Skacel, 22 in a row... and so much more I’ve seen it all and I still love Hearts!

So cmon Hearts gives a big win on my anniversary!!

Happy anniversary RT . 

5 minutes ago, Boghell51 said:

First game was a 2-1 win at Tynecastle against Dundee Utd round about 84-85 aged 9 going in the father son gate in old main stand 

It was actually 2-0 win that’s what happens when you spent most of game playing on barrier you miss a goal 

First for me.

Hearts v Rangers Scottish Cup Quarter Final replay 1967-68, Wednesday night and the brewery smell wafting around the ground can't remember the date as I was only 9yrs old, A Donald Ford second half goal I to win 1-0.

Edit.

Think it was a header but I might be wrong.

Edited by allyby

August Landmesser

Blazing sunshine, Hearts 4 Dundee Utd 1, August 1987.

Gave me unrealistic expectations of what being a PHM would be like

50 minutes ago, allyby said:

First for me.

Hearts v Rangers Scottish Cup Quarter Final replay 1967-68, Wednesday night and the brewery smell wafting around the ground can't remember the date as I was only 9yrs old, A Donald Ford second half goal I to win 1-0.

Edit.

A shot from inside the box

50 minutes ago, allyby said:

First for me.

Edit.

Think Ford skinned McKinnon and scored with a shot

8 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

My youngests first game was Cowdenbeath at home, ruined the laddie 🤣

7 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Think Ford skinned McKinnon and scored with a shot

8 minutes ago, Sherbet said:

A shot from inside the box

Thanks guy's!

N Lincs Jambo
10 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

That wasn’t a bad first game to go to! Utd still one of the top teams in Europe and we totally ripped them a new one 👍

August Landmesser
18 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

My youngests first game was Cowdenbeath at home, ruined the laddie 🤣

Oooft