Govan warming up tonight

Shanks said no

Full scale riot... two arrests?

They should do what they did with the English riots and track everyone of them down. Jail them. 

1 hour ago, pablo said:

In my experience it's pretty invisible in parts of Scotland too. If I didn't attend Scottish football games I'd never give it a second thought. I'm approaching 50 and have seen or heard a flute band. Can't imagine many Corstorphine or Murrayfield residents turning out to see one marching down the street. To be honest I hardly ever leave Edinburgh, so realise I will have a rather narrow viewpoint 

The whole concept just seems utterly bizarre to me. 

Head 15 miles west and come and see some of this 'kulchur' in West Lothian. We have to suffer it all the time.

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, EH11_2NL said:

Head 15 miles west and come and see some of this 'kulchur' in West Lothian. We have to suffer it all the time.

It must be depressing.

AlphonseCapone
3 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

It was organised by the James Connolly Republican Flute Band, and was due to include another republican band who are presently under investigation for potential breaches of the Terrorism Act. I don't think it was something which had been thought up by ordinary citizens of Glasgow/Lanarkshire who then decided to bring in a known republican flute band.

So Glasgow Council gave permission for a pro IRA march is what you are saying? 

42 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

It must be depressing.

You've no idea. Sickening is the word. Knucklescraping amoebas.

Shanks said no
1 hour ago, Smack said:

You can sense that the cops were buzzing for that charge. 

i'm guessing but I suspect they deployed the Brexit reserve force last night, 300 cops on call for such situations. Good training exercise for them.

Doctor FinnBarr
9 hours ago, EH11_2NL said:

Not sure how Pablo has managed to miss it in Edinburgh. I'm not orange/loyalist but even I know orange marches happen there as do republican parades, well parade I think.

8 hours ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Not sure how Pablo has managed to miss it in Edinburgh. I'm not orange/loyalist but even I know orange marches happen there as do republican parades, well parade I think.

Really? Where about and when? It can't be that often or a season. Again,  I've never even heard anyone talk about them. I can't be the only person from Edinburgh who hasn't seen a sectarian march.

52 minutes ago, pablo said:

Really? Where about and when? It can't be that often or a season. Again,  I've never even heard anyone talk about them. I can't be the only person from Edinburgh who hasn't seen a sectarian march.

I've never seen one.

I heard there was something in the Meadows a couple of years ago.

I assumed it was Glaswegians coming through on some kind of march tour.

William H. Bonney
1 hour ago, pablo said:

There was a march in gorgie whilst I lived there. They came down my street, Westfield road. 

1 hour ago, pablo said:

The James Connelly march used to take place every year in Edinburgh as that's where he was born. Orange marches also. No idea if they still go on now as I've  no interest

2 minutes ago, XB52 said:

The James Connelly march used to take place every year in Edinburgh as that's where he was born. Orange marches also. No idea if they still go on now as I've  no interest

Yeah, I'm not saying that they don't happen and never have. I'm saying that I've spent the best part of 50 years going about my business without encountering one. So like England, pretty invisible. 

1 hour ago, Lovecraft said:

I've never seen one.

Was kinda hijacked by Hibs casuals for a while 

The ones with the green and black jacks

57 minutes ago, Dino Velvet said:

There was a march in gorgie whilst I lived there. They came down my street, Westfield road. 

A couple of bands march every year before being bussed out to join one of the big marches

7 hours ago, Lovecraft said:

I've never seen one.

The Orange Order march in Edinburgh used to be big. That and the annual miners gala march. Up to the 80s. 

Not sure exactly when they became inconsequential. 

2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

The Orange Order march in Edinburgh used to be big. That and the annual miners gala march. Up to the 80s. 

When people realised it was divisory bollocks?

8 hours ago, the general said:

Was kinda hijacked by Hibs casuals for a while 

The ones with the green and black jacks

The ones that defend the bridge of doom.

AlphonseCapone
11 hours ago, pablo said:

Marched up Dalry Road during the summer this year. Seems to happen every year. 

J.T.F.Robertson
3 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

The Orange one would finish up in Holyrood Park, where the fitbaw pitches used to be. (maybe still are)

3 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Does it not happen every so many years as its shared around ?

Doctor FinnBarr
3 hours ago, the general said:

Does it not happen every so many years as its shared around ?

Aye, the big parade was in Whitburn this year for instance but the local lodges will march their own areas before and after it.

Montgomery Brewster
2 minutes ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Oh oh, another march planned for Saturday as the IRA.....sorry republicans plan to retake the city. Best hide them wheelie bins

A March tonight as well. 

Stephen Muddie
On 31/08/2019 at 20:25, The Frenchman Returns said:

i'm guessing but I suspect they deployed the Brexit reserve force last night, 300 cops on call for such situations. Good training exercise for them.

https://i.gifer.com/1uhU.gif

Edited by Stephen Muddie
I don't know how to make gifs appear in posts

On 01/09/2019 at 07:47, pablo said:

Caught one about 10 years ago when I got off the bus with my son one early Saturday morning at the back of St James centre .

It came up Leith Street and turned up the Bridges.  May have been heading for the Meadows?  

Sexton Hardcastle

Why do the prods think it is so acceptable for them to march but not the other side? Quite interested in that argument.

Twitter hertz boys in faux outrage at it. 

6 hours ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Why do the prods think it is so acceptable for them to march but not the other side? Quite interested in that argument.

Twitter hertz boys in faux outrage at it. 

Personally, I think the provos should be jailed. And I hate the OO with a passion.

On 02/09/2019 at 13:34, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Oh oh, another march planned for Saturday as the IRA.....sorry republicans plan to retake the city. Best hide them wheelie bins

IRA, aff oor streets!!! 

Салатные палочки

Ship them off across the water and let them battle it out over there.  A stain on an otherwise great city. 

27 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Ship them off across the water and let them battle it out over there.  A stain on an otherwise great city. 

This.

3 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

Could you wait until after the weekend as I'm in Belfast until Monday and my accommodation is 100 yards from the south end of Sandy Row and I don't want my sleep disturbed.

Sexton Hardcastle

The state of the crowd in George square ‘protesting’ their right to sing about killing kafflicks and spitting at priests.

Some town Glasgow.

AlphonseCapone

I know protest and processions etc are an integral part of democracy but I really wish we could find a way to ban both loyalist and republican marches. Absolute embarrassment in this day and age. 

On 06/09/2019 at 09:07, Salad Fingers said:

Maybe get them jobs at a border.

Maybe that's why boris proposed a bridge between scotland and northern Ireland.

Surely you mean that they are a stain on an otherwise great Country.

These bigots will forever be Scotland's shame and do nothing but hold back and drag down Scotland to their outdated ideology.

The Real Maroonblood
3 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Surely you mean that they are a stain on an otherwise great Country.

These bigots will forever be Scotland's shame and do nothing but hold back and drag down Scotland to their outdated ideology.

This.