Dugs (or Dogs, if you prefer)

Maple Leaf

4 hours ago, CavySlaveJambo said:

You won’t believe this.  I have started showing my older dog at the age of five. 

My boy has qualified for Crufts.  In a pet trim.  

Nice one, congratulations. :thumbsup:

• 2 years later...
  • Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dawnrazor

• JFK-1

• Dagger Is Back

• henrysmithsgloves

If you ever doubt dog intelligence take a look at this. He clearly understands this is bad, my little buddy is in serious trouble and there are no humans to help. What do I do? It took a little time but he figured it out.

mrmarkus1981_1

7 months old, just had his balls lopped off. Happy as Larry 🥰

1000006219.jpg

Just now, mrmarkus1981_1 said:

1000006219.jpg

Looks like he's planning how to lop off yours, since it made him so happy. :)

Unknown user
3 hours ago, mrmarkus1981_1 said:

1000006219.jpg

Braw

Unknown user
On 11/01/2024 at 01:21, JFK-1 said:

If you ever doubt dog intelligence take a look at this. He clearly understands this is bad, my little buddy is in serious trouble and there are no humans to help. What do I do? It took a little time but he figured it out.

Also, no dog has ever voted for Trump

Day@theraces
1 hour ago, ǝǝɥʇᴉɯS said:

Also, no dog has ever voted for Trump

Beautiful video, but is that slavering old diddy Biden any better 

Unknown user
30 minutes ago, Day@theraces said:

Beautiful video, but is that slavering old diddy Biden any better 

Yes

Day@theraces
2 minutes ago, ǝǝɥʇᴉɯS said:

Yes

Embarrassing that the worlds superpower is run by a geriatric most likely with dementia. I understand this forum is left leaning going by the US politics thread but Biden is not the answer.

Sooperstar
39 minutes ago, Day@theraces said:

Embarrassing that the worlds superpower is run by a geriatric most likely with dementia. I understand this forum is left leaning going by the US politics thread but Biden is not the answer.

Completely agree that Biden is a shambles, but he is a better option than any of the divisive candidates the Republicans have to offer up. 

Also, this is a thread about Dogs. 

Edited by Sooperstar

henrysmithsgloves
1 hour ago, Sooperstar said:

Completely agree that Biden is a shambles, but he is a better option than any of the divisive candidates the Republicans have to offer up. 

Also, this is a thread about Dogs. 

Gsd owner,so not all that bad 🧐

th-1812198732.jpg

Sooperstar
4 hours ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

Gsd owner,so not all that bad 🧐

th-1812198732.jpg

Didn't the dog get the boot from the White House because it kept biting staff? 

henrysmithsgloves
12 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Didn't the dog get the boot from the White House because it kept biting staff? 

Yes,it didn't like certain folk.

henrysmithsgloves

Spent a fortune on my GSD this week, trying to find out why suddenly she is walking with a limp on her front right. All tests/ x-rays came back fine🤬🤬🤬 Turns out she is copying me😳 I've just started walking the last couple of weeks,with a limp on the right due to stroke last year. Vet was laughing,I wasn't 🤬🤬

Dawnrazor
4 minutes ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

Spent a fortune on my GSD this week, trying to find out why suddenly she is walking with a limp on her front right. All tests/ x-rays came back fine🤬🤬🤬 Turns out she is copying me😳 I've just started walking the last couple of weeks,with a limp on the right due to stroke last year. Vet was laughing,I wasn't 🤬🤬

I shouldn't laugh but 🤣🤣🤣

henrysmithsgloves
1 minute ago, Dawnrazor said:

I shouldn't laugh but 🤣🤣🤣

Couldn't believe it when my Mrs told me😳 she thinks it's hilarious too🤬🤬

Dawnrazor
Just now, henrysmithsgloves said:

Couldn't believe it when my Mrs told me😳 she thinks it's hilarious too🤬🤬

To be honest, I have heard about that before, do you have insurance?

Jambof3tornado
17 minutes ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

Haha brilliant!!!!

henrysmithsgloves
5 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

To be honest, I have heard about that before, do you have insurance?

Never had it after a cock up years ago ,I had to pay out a couple of grand. Just put money away every month now

Dawnrazor
2 minutes ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

Never had it after a cock up years ago ,I had to pay out a couple of grand. Just put money away every month now

That's the way, I've had dogs for nearly 40 years and I could've paid two mortgages.

I just keep my fingers crossed and accept that even a big bill would still see me in profit.

8 minutes ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

Even with insurance you can never be sure 

I had a policy to cover 7.5k per condition

my boy Rudi was diagnosed with cancer . The 7.5 was used up within a couple of weeks for radiotherapy and 14k later out of my pocket  snd still counting 

However he was given 6 months to live and nearly 2 years later he is still bright as a button ( touch wood )

would sell the family jewels if I had to and if I had any .

he is simply my best pal 

henrysmithsgloves
Just now, Dawnrazor said:

That's the way, I've had dogs for nearly 40 years and I could've paid two mortgages.

I just keep my fingers crossed and accept that even a big bill would still see me in profit.

Sounds terrible, but if the dog is that bad requiring anything major I just bite the bullet and get it put down. Had to do that with my last one, spent about a grand getting her tit removed due to cancer. It came back🥺 vet was wanting her to get chemo etc. broke out hearts getting it done. She was the best GSD I've ever owned. This one I love to bits though ❤️

henrysmithsgloves
2 minutes ago, merrymac said:

my boy Rudi was diagnosed with cancer . The 7.5 was used up within a couple of weeks for radiotherapy and 14k later out of my pocket  snd still counting 

However he was given 6 months to live and nearly 2 years later he is still bright as a button ( touch wood )

he is simply my best pal 

I tip my hat to you sir🤞🤞

Dawnrazor
2 minutes ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

Sounds terrible, but if the dog is that bad requiring anything major I just bite the bullet and get it put down. Had to do that with my last one, spent about a grand getting her tit removed due to cancer. It came back🥺 vet was wanting her to get chemo etc. broke out hearts getting it done. She was the best GSD I've ever owned. This one I love to bits though ❤️

I get that, it's not an easy decision but I've had to do it a couple of times over the years sadly. 

1 minute ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

I tip my hat to you sir🤞🤞

Thanks very much Henry but no need, given the same situation I am sure you would do exactly the same .

it was more a cautionary tale - you think you have decent insurance and bang 

Dawnrazor
7 minutes ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

👏👏

Lone Striker
19 minutes ago, merrymac said:

he is simply my best pal 

Gosh, thats amazing.  Although the £14k must have hit you hard, you deserve the reward of still having  your best friend Rudi at your side.   Well done.     Fingers crossed he has a long life with you.  👍

lthy  

19 minutes ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

Folk who've  never owned a dog simply don't understand the unique bond and companionship a dog brings into your life.  The downside is the total heartbreak at the end.  As you say, the emptiness and remorse is just awful.

Had to have  my lurcher girl Angel put to sleep 5 months ago - I still shed tears at the memory of it,  which in turn brings more tears at the similar memory of my previous lurcher boy Sam being put to sleep in 2015.   

All you can do is focus all your love & attention on whichever dog is still with you.    👍

1 minute ago, Lone Striker said:

Gosh, thats amazing.  Although the £14k must have hit you hard, you deserve the reward of still having  your best friend Rudi at your side.   Well done.     Fingers crossed he has a long life with you.  👍

lthy  

Folk who've  never owned a dog simply don't understand the unique bond and companionship a dog brings into your life.  The downside is the total heartbreak at the end.  As you say, the emptiness and remorse is just awful.

Had to have  my lurcher girl Angel put to sleep 5 months ago - I still shed tears at the memory of it,  which in turn brings more tears at the similar memory of my previous lurcher boy Sam being put to sleep in 2015.   

All you can do is focus all your love & attention on whichever dog is still with you.    👍

Thanks very much LS

Yep it does sting a bit but never had a second thought

Your comments resonate very deeply with me and my deepest sympathy for your loss I know how raw it will still be 

3 hours ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

You're the top dog in the pack - of course she was copying you.  :laugh: 

henrysmithsgloves
2 hours ago, Ulysses said:

You're the top dog in the pack - of course she was copying you.  :laugh: 

At least I am in her mind,I know who the boss is

Spoiler

My Mrs🥺🥺

9 minutes ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

At least I am in her mind,I know who the boss is

Reveal hidden contents

My Mrs🥺🥺

Er, one of the top dogs in the pack....  :runaway: 

henrysmithsgloves
3 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

Er, one of the top dogs in the pack....  :runaway: 

Now, tempting though it was,I wrote "boss" I'm not that daft🤕🤕

Lone Striker
22 hours ago, merrymac said:

Thanks very much LS

Yep it does sting a bit but never had a second thought

Your comments resonate very deeply with me and my deepest sympathy for your loss I know how raw it will still be 

CHeers mate 👍

21 hours ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

Now, tempting though it was,I wrote "boss" I'm not that daft🤕🤕

Many years ago, a pal of mine had a wee mongrel.  As a result of a scuffle with a car (or maybe a motorbike), the dog walked with a noticeable limp.  A few years later, the family got a red setter pup, a gorgeous creature - who promptly got into the habit of following the little mongrel around while walking with the exact same limp.  The pair of them were like a weird comedy cartoon version of Mutt and Jeff.  The setter stopped walking with the limp a few weeks after the older dog died, which was at the same time funny and kinda sad. 🐶

That thing you do

This is mine

He was a rescue from an animal charity in Mexico City. 10 months old now.

IMG-20240116-WA0010.jpg

If animals really do copy behaviour they see that explains why my last cat spent all his time kipping on the settee and farting occasionally. 

22 minutes ago, That thing you do said:

This is mine

He was a rescue from an animal charity in Mexico City. 10 months old now.

IMG-20240116-WA0010.jpg

He's judging you.  :laugh: 

That thing you do
2 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

He's judging you.  :laugh: 

With good reason 🤣

henrysmithsgloves
6 hours ago, Ulysses said:

Many years ago, a pal of mine had a wee mongrel.  As a result of a scuffle with a car (or maybe a motorbike), the dog walked with a noticeable limp.  A few years later, the family got a red setter pup, a gorgeous creature - who promptly got into the habit of following the little mongrel around while walking with the exact same limp.  The pair of them were like a weird comedy cartoon version of Mutt and Jeff.  The setter stopped walking with the limp a few weeks after the older dog died, which was at the same time funny and kinda sad. 🐶

Cannot wait to walk her again,it will be some sight though ,both us limping down the road🤣

CavySlaveJambo

My boys.  The black one is really funny.  The cream one is my Shadow.  I have pictures of him lying on my head.  He is a great assistance dog but he does need "dog time" 

IMG_2807.jpeg

Samuel Dogster, who came to US with us from Edinburgh, on the left and Weller, a rehomer that we adopted here in NC a couple of years ago. Sam is getting frailer by the day I'm afraid but having the young guy around has definitely helped keep him going!!

D2C2A1DB-CECF-4F34-834C-DFDF773AC0F9.jpeg

On 19/01/2024 at 22:11, merrymac said:

he is simply my best pal 

Oh, Mac.  :sad: 

I’m in no way a dog lover, in fact I am scared of them.

Your story, however, is wonderful and I am so pleased for you.

May you, and your best pal, reek yer lums for many years to come.

🤞

1 hour ago, Morgan said:

Oh, Mac.  :sad: 

I’m in no way a dog lover, in fact I am scared of them.

Your story, however, is wonderful and I am so pleased for you.

May you, and your best pal, reek yer lums for many years to come.

🤞

How kind of you Morgan much appreciated👍😀How could I not for someone called Rudi photo.jpeg.3b115f55f7f389f1dd556063c1101e21.jpeg

9 hours ago, merrymac said:

How kind of you Morgan much appreciated👍😀How could I not for someone called Rudi photo.jpeg.3b115f55f7f389f1dd556063c1101e21.jpeg

Twadugs, knew you were a guid ****, sound investment, hope you have many long & happy returns...👏

Edited by OBE

5 minutes ago, OBE said:

Twadugs, knew you were a guid ****, sound investment, hope you have many happy returns...👏

Thanks Frankie boy 👍😁

Dawnrazor

I'm hopefully taking a bitch to a dog to get lied in a fortnight, I only ever breed a litter if I want a pup myself, fingers crossed that there's a nice dark yellow dog pup, if not I'll keep a bitch pup, both parents are fully health tested and great examples of the breed, Labrador, Archie if I keep a dog and Meg if it's a bitch.