Young striker signs....

Section Q

Welcome kid.  Hope he gets his head down and works hard.  That's one thing that seems to be prevalent with Burns and Keena, both seem to have great attitudes.  Quite happy with us using that market, seems sensible.  Think of players who've come through at St Pats and other Irish teams over the years, if we can pick up a couple like Robbie Keane or Stephen Carr, we'll be very happy indeed.

Hagar the Horrible

Welcome to the famous big man, a bit over shadowed by the Jap lad,  but there must be something in you if we paid money to bring you over for our academy, and you will get your chance, but be patient as injuries and suspensions are a rarity here!!!!

Work hard and stay off the Edinburgh sauce 

Tenaciousdandy

Good luck to the young lad, hopefully makes a name for himself by banging in the goals for us when giving the chance 

itsnomarooned
28 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Welcome to the famous big man, a bit over shadowed by the Jap lad,  but there must be something in you if we paid money to bring you over for our academy, and you will get your chance, but be patient as injuries and suspensions are a rarity here!!!!

Pretty much accepted as a derogitory ethnic slur. Not suggesting for a moment that was the intention, as I'm absolutely sure it wasn't .......... just saying though.

And of course welcome to both players. Hope they settle in well.

Auld Reekin'
1 hour ago, Hackney Hearts said:

Not another bloody goalscorer. :angry:

:laugh:

44 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

A.k.a. "Broon Sauce"...

269D68ED00000578-2993059-image-a-19_1426

Footballfirst

BTW - He's been injured for the last few weeks.

The comments about continuing his education are worth noting. It's an international transfer in terms of FIFA regulations which restrict the transfer of "minors" (16-18). The conditions that apply in Cian's case are set out below.

b) The transfer takes place within the EU or EEA and the player is aged 16 to 18, in which case the new club must fulfil the following minimum obligations:
(i) It shall provide the footballer with an adequate football education and/or training in line with the highest national standards.
(ii) It shall guarantee the player an academic/school/vocational education/training in addition to his football education and/or training, which will allow the player to pursue a career other than football should he cease playing professional football.
(iii) It shall make all necessary arrangements to ensure that the player is looked after in the best possible way (optimum living standards with host family or in club accommodation, appointment of a mentor at the club, etc.).
(vi) It shall, on registration of such a player, provide the relevant association with proof that it is complying with the aforementioned obligations.

Edited by Footballfirst

7 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

All for casting the net out and bringing in youth players from other academies.

Particularly where we are weaker that is in forwards 

Interview tells the games he played in 2 trial periods. Game v Australian side a few months ago and more recently 2-1 v St Mirren. Scored 2 goals including penalty. Maybe answers some questions from before?

Edited by Mikey1874

PhoenixHearts
4 hours ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

If he is any good he’ll be off to Celtic 

Surely the same could be said about literally any one of our players?

4 hours ago, Lovecraft said:

Doubt he would be welcome at Celtic then.

Point scoring over the sexual abuse of children...literally pathetic and scummy in equal

measure.

3 hours ago, Locky said:

Excellent. Predict he'll be banging in the goals at Cowdenbeath soon enough.

Bit harsh sending him to that shithole.

3 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

Point scoring over the sexual abuse of children...literally pathetic and scummy in equal

measure.

Thanks

15 minutes ago, Bluesy1874 said:

Bit harsh sending him to that shithole.

Its the usual destination when young players get bored of 4 years in the reserves. 

Footballfirst

Tonight was the first time I've seen him play 90 minutes, when he played in the U18 game against Hamilton. He did ok but I can't recall him having a shot at goal. That said there were few shots at goal by either side as the game finished 0-0, with both defences on top.

Hamilton had the edge for much of the game until they went down to 10 men with 9 minutes left. They probably averaged a year older than a young Hearts side, so it wasn't a surprise.  Despite his size Cian wasn't as big as the boy marking him.  He seemed fairly mobile and tried to bring others into the game with a few lay offs, but didn't manage to get on the end of any crosses or create any shooting opportunities. 

Edited by Footballfirst

Maroon Sailor
22 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Tonight was the first time I've seen him play 90 minutes, when he played in the U18 game against Hamilton. He did ok but I can't recall him having a shot at goal. That said there were few shots at goal by either side as the game finished 0-0, with both defences on top.

Hamilton had the edge for much of the game until they went down to 10 men with 9 minutes left. They probably averaged a year older than a young Hearts side, so it wasn't a surprise.  Despite his size Cian wasn't as big as the boy marking him.  He seemed fairly mobile and tried to bring others into the game with a few lay offs, but didn't manage to get on the end of any crosses or create any shooting opportunities. 

Never had a shot at goal ?

Was Levein there ?

That's that kind of match he likes

4 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Never had a shot at goal ?

Was Levein there ?

That's that kind of match he likes

Tailor made for us then.

Footballfirst
@JamTarts under 18s coach @jranks11 said after tonight’s game, Tonight was one of those games where I was delighted at the chances we restricted Hamilton to and really pleased at our organisation defensively.
However, our attacking play frustrated all of us most of the night as our final ball lacked conviction and our play lacked the quality we usually have in the final areas.

Footballfirst

I also heard tonight that Mackenzie Ramos has left the club, so Cian is a direct replacement rather than supplementing the squad.

21 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I also heard tonight that Mackenzie Ramos has left the club, so Cian is a direct replacement rather than supplementing the squad.

Any reason why he has left?

Didn't he just sign a contract?

Footballfirst
6 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Any reason why he has left?

Didn't he just sign a contract?

I don't know, but others have posted that an earlier indication of a contract offer was withdrawn by the club when the last round of youngsters got their first contracts.

Just now, Footballfirst said:

I don't know, but others have posted that an earlier indication of a contract offer was withdrawn by the club when the last round of youngsters got their first contracts.

Ah so he was not one of the young lads who signed a deal recently. Fair enough. Was he any good?

Maroon Sailor
54 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:
@JamTarts under 18s coach @jranks11 said after tonight’s game, Tonight was one of those games where I was delighted at the chances we restricted Hamilton to and really pleased at our organisation defensively.
However, our attacking play frustrated all of us most of the night as our final ball lacked conviction and our play lacked the quality we usually have in the final areas.

Have to stop them watching the 1st team ! Getting bad habits

Footballfirst
14 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Ah so he was not one of the young lads who signed a deal recently. Fair enough. Was he any good?

He certainly scored his fair share of goals. Decent player but not one that would make you say "wow!", which you get with the top talents at the academy.

8 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

He certainly scored his fair share of goals. Decent player but not one that would make you say "wow!", which you get with the top talents at the academy.

That explains everything then!

2 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

An intelligent, considered, first-hand report of something you have actually seen.

There’s no place for you on this board....

12 hours ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

If he is any good he’ll be off to Celtic 

Why specifically Celtic?

Edited by Paris 84