Skyline Lounge

MMHearts

2 hours ago, Prof said:

Castle view! Give me a break. I repeat what imbecile would expect to see Edinburgh Castle from Gorgie.

Anyone who ever sat in the Wheatfield when the old stand was still there? 

DJe6sUHU8AAkAhw.jpg

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Prof

• Unknown user

• Thomaso

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was at the event on Monday night. I can confirm the castle is clearly visible from the far right hand side of the balcony if that is your wish. More importantly the food, drinks and service was amongst the best I’ve ever had at a corporate event. The lounge looks fantastic. We do all remember what was in its place a mere two years back?

39 minutes ago, sjh1874 said:

I was at the event on Monday night. I can confirm the castle is clearly visible from the far right hand side of the balcony if that is your wish. More importantly the food, drinks and service was amongst the best I’ve ever had at a corporate event. The lounge looks fantastic. We do all remember what was in its place a mere two years back?

A good report but Sadly a few would rather take the opportunity to have a go at the club.

9 hours ago, DarioHMFC said:

Can you see the castle from the Skyline lounge? Yes you can, so the literature and marketing was correct, although the view may not be good enough for some. 

Literally everything the club does has people waiting to pounce to point out flaws or to complain. Do people actually get enjoyment out of bringing down the club we all love?

Ann Budge was raging about the view compared to what was promised in the architect's plans. It is not what was expected. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
31 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Ann Budge was Ray Gin about the view compared to what was promised in the architect's plans. It is not what was expected. 

FTFY

:)

9 hours ago, RobNox said:

That's a hell of a lot of bevvy to get through on arrival.  How much do you get at half time?

I had a couple of gin and tonic before second half of the match, instant service.

Don't get me wrong, I like the new stand - but for the amount of money that was spent it would have made sense to include at least another 1,000 seats and to get the SkyLounge at the right height. I remember going along McLeod Street while the stand was being built, looking at the structure from the ground and thinking you're not going to get the view from there that the image of the view from the skylounge that was released showed. It seems to me quite a basic error by whoever was responsible.

Before anyone mentions the planning height restrictions, it seems to me you could easily have got a few more rows of seats in and raised the height of the skylounge still keeping them well below the height of the truss.  

I do feel that there were two fundamental problems with the new stand project. First, the timetable was far too ambitious and quite frankly unrealistic. It would have been much better to take our time and get the whole thing right - even if that meant playing a few more games at Murrayfield. I also feel there should have been more consultation with the fans. 

Unknown user
9 hours ago, Jamboross said:

DJe6sUHU8AAkAhw.jpg

Interesting that in response to my saying I'd enjoyed the view from the wheatfield before the stand went up he said "If you have gone to Tynie you would realise that a view of the castle is impossible."

Unlike Taffin I believe the guy's been to tynecastle. The away end though - what Hearts fan doesn't know you used to be able to see the castle fron the wheatfield?

11 hours ago, farin said:

From inside the lounge most of the view is like this, but there is a place where the castle is visible. Don’t tell prof though 😉

AC7F9CB1-D27E-4FC4-AE7D-E08A76D0986E.jpeg.cae28d0cacf51d13ecd364b9454dc1e3.jpeg

Not quite the view (or frontage, or any sense of the decor or anything at all really) that was planned...

1.jpg

3 minutes ago, FTH said:

Not quite the view (or frontage, or any sense of the decor or anything at all really) that was planned...

1.jpg

Do you mean the envisaged external view or the pillars made from old stand bricks?  😎

6 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Do you mean the envisaged external view or the pillars made from old stand bricks?  😎

All of the above?! And the fact it looks about 3 times the size of the finished product!

Just now, FTH said:

All of the above?! And the fact it looks about 3 times the size of the finished product!

I’ve never known a marketing/pr department to over promise on something. 😄

To be fair, it’s still a great experience. 👍

No you can’t.  It’s only outside you can view it.  Lot that it matters that much on in the grand scheme of things but a bit of a balls up and nothing to brag about at that level. 

10 hours ago, Jamboross said:

DJe6sUHU8AAkAhw.jpg

That is the view everyone expected.

Unknown user
1 minute ago, Ray Gin said:

Every hearts fan, sure, maybe not Professional trolls though

Unknown user
2 hours ago, sjh1874 said:

I'm sure we're all delighted with it in the end, but that doesn't exempt the project from being viewed critically. Personally, I think that after everything we went through under Romanov we have a duty to keep a watchful eye on the club. 

As much as I'm a fan of Ann Budge, this wasn't a perfect build and we shouldn't pretend it was.

Pants Shaton
51 minutes ago, FTH said:

1.jpg

This is the image I was referring to earlier.

The view!

The brick columns from the old stand!

The ceiling and light fittings!

The chairs!

The carpet!

The extra 3m width!

BUDGE OOT!

6 minutes ago, Pants Shaton said:

This is the image I was referring to earlier.

The view!

The brick columns from the old stand!

The ceiling and light fittings!

The chairs!

The carpet!

The extra 3m width!

BUDGE OOT!

Tbf that image is absolutely brilliant making it look an incredible fit out and vista thus making it very hard to live up to.

Sadly when placed below the actual image it makes me think of those holiday programmes where a family turns up and the pool in the brochure was actually a macro image of the hand basin

Edited by Taffin

Pants Shaton
1 minute ago, Taffin said:

Tbf that image is absolutely brilliant making it look an incredible fit out and vista thus making it very hard to live up to. Sadly when placed below the actual image it makes me think of those holidays programmes where a family turns up and the pool in the brochure was actually a macro image of the hand basin

The Skyline lounge is Mirsad Bešlija

2 minutes ago, Pants Shaton said:

The Skyline lounge is Mirsad Bešlija

😂😂

The fireworks photo in the OP (which looks great btw) is its cross against Dundee United

Edited by Taffin

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

Interesting that in response to my saying I'd enjoyed the view from the wheatfield before the stand went up he said "If you have gone to Tynie you would realise that a view of the castle is impossible."

Unlike Taffin I believe the guy's been to tynecastle. The away end though - what Hearts fan doesn't know you used to be able to see the castle fron the wheatfield?

You clearly don’t understand. Having been a season ticket holder in the Wheatfield since it was built, I am perfectly well aware that you could see the castle over the old stand. That’s not the issue. My point is who would expect to have a great view of the castle from Gorgie. If you want to see the Castle try going to Princess Street. Everybody I know goes to Tynecastle to watch Hearts. Maybe you are an exception. The castle view argument is simply another stick used by those who like bashing Hearts and AB.

47 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Only if they were mentally deficient or we were planning to build a mini stand to ensure Wheatfield ticket holders could still while their time away by viewing the Castle while Hearts were playing.

59 minutes ago, farin said:

Don't think anyone expected the mock up’s to be the final result tbh

Some obviously did.

Edited by Thomaso

1 hour ago, FTH said:

1.jpg

The Club PR Dept really should not have released the early computer images of the Skyline lounge or glass facade. All they did was raise fans expectation of something that was impractical on the grounds of budget and logistics.

So instead of fans comparing the new stand to the old relic, they are comparing the new stand to these computer images.

Unknown user
16 minutes ago, Prof said:

You clearly don’t understand. Having been a season ticket holder in the Wheatfield since it was built, I am perfectly well aware that you could see the castle over the old stand. That’s not the issue. My point is who would expect to have a great view of the castle from Gorgie. If you want to see the Castle try going to Princess Street. Everybody I know goes to Tynecastle to watch Hearts. Maybe you are an exception. The castle view argument is simply another stick used by those who like bashing Hearts and AB.

I clearly don't understand?

I'm not the one utterly missing the point. 

The only reason people had this expectation is because of what we were told. Ann Budge had this expectation too and she owns it ffs.

I'm not saying it's hugely important, like I say, I'll probably never be in the skyline lounge, but it's you that's talking shite. 

49 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

The Club PR Dept really should not have released the early computer images of the Skyline lounge or glass facade. All they did was raise fans expectation of something that was impractical on the grounds of budget and logistics.

So instead of fans comparing the new stand to the old relic, they are comparing the new stand to these computer images.

Why didn't they use images of "Sydney Opera House, The Hanging Gardens of Babylon, Herds of Wildebeest sweeping majestically" ?

2 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

What is the food like normally?  Thinking of going in September

Was excellent on Monday night. 

Jambo 4 Ever
9 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Was excellent on Monday night. 

great thanks

are there smaller tables for small groups of 2 / 3 /4 etc?

or bigger tables and you just sit with others who are there?

Just now, Natural Orders said:

great thanks

are there smaller tables for small groups of 2 / 3 /4 etc?

or bigger tables and you just sit with others who are there?

We had a table for 6. 

1 hour ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Does that mean we should hold you responsible for not telling them the mockup windows were not logistically possible or blame you for not giving a massive discount to make it on budget..😤😤😤😉

4 minutes ago, sadj said:

Does that mean we should hold you responsible for not telling them the mockup windows were not logistically possible or blame you for not giving a massive discount to make it on budget..😤😤😤😉

Wrong on both counts!

Just now, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Wrong on both counts!

Facts don’t count on here , You know that. Therefore your fault. Mad Cruickie out....I’m sure in a few months it’ll come out you are now based on your yacht paid for with that last massive payday 😉

Just now, sadj said:

Facts don’t count on here , You know that. Therefore your fault. Mad Cruickie out....I’m sure in a few months it’ll come out you are now based on your yacht paid for with that last massive payday 😉

Unfortunately not.....I was unable to nail down that £100k window cleaning contract! 😢

1 minute ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Unfortunately not.....I was unable to nail down that £100k window cleaning contract! 😢

So you say 🤔🤔🤔 Were you not on a cruise was it not Alaska or similar...Own yacht it was 😂

7 minutes ago, sadj said:

So you say 🤔🤔🤔 Were you not on a cruise was it not Alaska or similar...Own yacht it was 😂

You been stalking me? 😱

2 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

All joking aside. I still don’t get the schrödinger’s castle chat. Mock ups are just that. Would be nice if it looked as mocked up but from what people say it serves purpose well and the pics the other day were stunning. Once everything is finished and hopefully the rest of the stadium gets a lick of paint hopefully they will look to do small upgrades and tweaks or add a viewing platform for events. Its a stunning looking building all we need now is the distillery to move and gift us their land

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

I clearly don't understand?

I'm not the one utterly missing the point. 

The only reason people had this expectation is because of what we were told. Ann Budge had this expectation too and she owns it ffs.

I'm not saying it's hugely important, like I say, I'll probably never be in the skyline lounge, but it's you that's talking shite. 

The reality is you can see the castle from the lounge. Can’t say I’m sad that you won’t ever get into the lounge and I’ll leave the shite bit to you, as you are clearly an expert in that respect.

2 minutes ago, Prof said:

The reality is you can see the castle from the lounge. Can’t say I’m sad that you won’t ever get into the lounge and I’ll leave the shite bit to you, as you are clearly an expert in that respect.

Actually the reality is you can’t see the castle from inside the lounge - you can only see it from the far right hand side of the balcony area - it’s still a fantastic facility though! 👍

2 hours ago, Smithee said:

You are correct Smithee.

Ann and the Architect went up to the roof level when it was built and saw for the first time that the castle view was not as expected - she was less than pleased!

2 hours ago, Prof said:

Only if they were mentally deficient or we were planning to build a mini stand to ensure Wheatfield ticket holders could still while their time away by viewing the Castle while Hearts were playing.

:cornette: 

So its not just the Seagulls who hang out there...........     Dont you know..................................