• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Maroon Sailor

• Romulus

• wattie exploited

• Cruyff Turn

49 minutes ago, Mort said:

On loan.

Revolving door of Tynecastle continues. Not sure why we let players go without fees so often.

For the same reason it happens at every club in the world probably. Parent club happy to let him go and not pay a part of his wages. New club keen on him but not keen enough or able to pay a fee.  It happens to us both in and out the way. Not sure why people see this as an issue. 

If he goes down there and is exceptional and they want to keep him perhaps we would be in a position to get a fee in a years time. 

46 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Clearly had a disagreement with CL and off he goes. One player who I felt could make something happen in games. 

Good luck olly. 

Feel he was a victim of our hoofball last season. The amount of times he was in space moving forward and screaming for the ball to be passed to his feet but we just punted it up top. 

Not the worst player in the squad by far

Would not surprise me if he caught a dose of Levein flu :D

But from the stands I thought he wasn't committed enough (shy with headers, closing/chasing down etc), him and Clare are quite alike in that regard. Would rather have kept Lee than Clare though.

Should use the freed up wage to get Milinkovic in.

18 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

I thought he was a tad slow bud, anyway, onwards and upwards.

Lets get a win on saturday.

Absolutely

Cut The Crap

Thought he looked an asset when we were on top in games and on the front foot.

Didn't seem able to do anything to drag us up to that level when required though.

Just going by pedigree, Damour and Whelan are light years ahead.

Edited by Cut The Crap

GorgieFifeLife

Lee and his father have made it clear for some time that the teams style of pumping it long did not use Olly to the best of his ability.  He spent all game watching balls fly over his head. I think he has been disenchanted with the poor quality of the football that we play.

7 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Lee and his father have made it clear for some time that the teams style of pumping it long did not use Olly to the best of his ability.  He spent all game watching balls fly over his head. I think he has been disenchanted with the poor quality of the football that we play.

What? Can you provide a quote?

Fozzyonthefence
29 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

Maybe they can't afford a fee? At least he'll be off the wage bill.

I doubt he will be off the wage bill though, he’s only on loan.  Gullingham will likely pay part of his wages, like when we take players on loan from Man Utd, Man City, Norwich, etc.

13 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Another shit transfer

One man's meat is another man's poison.  

I'll remember the goal at Easter road with much fondness.

Always looked like he was towing a caravan but hoofing the ball over his head 90% of the time was never going to work. Looked good when he first joined until October last season but then again, so did everyone else. 

38 minutes ago, Cut The Crap said:

Thought he looked an asset when we were on top in games and on the front foot.

Didn't seem able to do anything to drag us up to that level when required though.

Just going by pedigree, Damour and Whelan are light years ahead.

That's how I saw him - and us - last season.  We didn't have the character to turn games in our favour, which as much as his ability, is why Naismith was such a miss.  He has that in spades.

We're better set up in that department now, but I think still have players to provide a bit of creativity without Lee.

Those asking for the freed up wages to be spent (on Milinkovic).  My guess is we've already spent them!

Good luck to him. Only time he pissed me off was when he showed lack of urgency to take the corner when we were trailing against Dundee, although the lot of them were shite that night. Thought we were better with him in the side.

Good luck to him, I say. Apart from his goal against Hibs, I’ll remember his goal at Dunfermline and his long ball to Naismith for the clincher in the Betfred QF last year.

Very unlucky to be left out during parts of Nov/Dec when we couldn’t buy a goal. During a pub debate I asked my cousin why Levein dropped the only guy willing to shoot from 20+ yards. Was cheesing when Olly proved me right at ER and we’ve still not got anyone willing to gamble and shoot from that distance, especially now Walker is injured. 

I didn't rate Lee at all.

Thank **** that dreadful song will be heard no more.

Mind you the daft kids used to sing it even when he wasn't  playing.

Yesterday folk were agreeing with Mackay about the squad being to big now they are moaning about the revolving  door. 

Yet another thread has turned into a Levein bashing opportunity. 

GorgieFifeLife
41 minutes ago, Mort said:

What? Can you provide a quote?

No I'm not going to look for it but his father was interviewed and asked about Olly and made his thoughts clear on our style of football.

No I'm not going to look for it but his father was interviewed and asked about Olly and made his thoughts clear on our style of football.

Pretty certain if there was an article it would have been posted all over here.

He was slow and ponderous on the ball. Not a miss at all. The fact he's off to Gillingham and not a top half championship team shows he's not exactly rated down south either. 

GorgieFifeLife
2 minutes ago, tokyowalnut said:

Pretty certain if there was an article it would have been posted all over here.

He was slow and ponderous on the ball. Not a miss at all. The fact he's off to Gillingham and not a top half championship team shows he's not exactly rated down south either. 

He will end up at League 1 playing against players far superior to what he will face most of the time in Scotland.  He looked slow and ponderous because our movement is awful and he was attempting to keep the ball rather than lumping it under pressure.

1 minute ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

He will end up at League 1 playing against players far superior to what he will face most of the time in Scotland.  He looked slow and ponderous because our movement is awful and he was attempting to keep the ball rather than lumping it under pressure.

Do you watch a lot of League One football?

GorgieFifeLife
3 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Do you watch a lot of League One football?

Watch the highlights every week dont bother with Sportscene unless Hearts have won.

2 hours ago, Mort said:

On loan.

Revolving door of Tynecastle continues. Not sure why we let players go without fees so often.

If a team was willing to pay a fee then I'm sure we would've accepted it 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Another shit transfer

Nope. 

26 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Rob Lee has at best limited knowledge on Scottish football. 

Our style of football was factually the 3rd less hoofball in The top division according to the only report I've seen published. 

Eh? Do you watch the EFL highlights? Even on current form Hearts would destroy the majority of these teams.

I remember being quite excited about us getting Lee, he regularly featured on the Channel 5 EFL show (before it moved to Quest) doing something positive for Luton. Add to the long list of half-decent players who move on without really fulfilling any potential with us.

Watch the highlights every week dont bother with Sportscene unless Hearts have won.

So you have no idea what standard League One is then.

7 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Nope. 

Rob Lee has at best limited knowledge on Scottish football. 

Our style of football was factually the 3rd less hoofball in The top division according to the only report I've seen published. 

:muggy:

23 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Unfortunately, due to my location, I have watched more League 1 games than SPL games over the last 2 years and can categorically state that, in my humble opinion, the SPL is of a higher standard overall.

Couple of things. Steve Evans is an utter welt and Gillingham still have an away end that looks like something from the Open golf.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 hour ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Well it wasn't was it. 

Bang average in a bang average team and has now ****ed off after 12 months.

top recruitment yet again

GorgieFifeLife
32 minutes ago, CostaJambo said:

Eh? Do you watch the EFL highlights? Even on current form Hearts would destroy the majority of these teams.

I remember being quite excited about us getting Lee, he regularly featured on the Channel 5 EFL show (before it moved to Quest) doing something positive for Luton. Add to the long list of half-decent players who move on without really fulfilling any potential with us.

We cant destroy Ross County never mind these teams.

2 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

Clearly had a disagreement with CL and off he goes. One player who I felt could make something happen in games. 

Good luck olly. 

So nothing to do with his wife and family being homesick and moving back South?

SpruceBringsteen

Mind Luton fans seething because he was signing for us. Did anyone bother to check in with them a few days after? Must have been pishing themselves. Sold an absolute pup.

1 hour ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I doubt he will be off the wage bill though, he’s only on loan.  Gullingham will likely pay part of his wages, like when we take players on loan from Man Utd, Man City, Norwich, etc.

I would imagine they will be picking up his wages. Our wages won't be that different from what Gillingham would pay players, unlike Man Utd and Norwich who pay tens of thousands per week.

6 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

We cant destroy Ross County never mind these teams.

Who are these teams? Teams you watch a 90 seconds highlight package of?

7 minutes ago, Disco Ball said:

So nothing to do with his wife and family being homesick and moving back South?

You'd think Scotland was the other side of the world the way folk go on about the family being homesick. It's less than an hour away on a plane ffs.

The Apprentice
48 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

So watching a 20 minute highlight reel of League 1 every week has you thinking that Olly Lee is going from hoofball to total swashbuckling football under Steve Evans at Gillingham.

Cool. 

Just now, DG_HMFC said:

You'd think Scotland was the other side of the world the way folk go on about the family being homesick. It's less than an hour away on a plane ffs.

Maybe he wants to be an involved parent .... his missus has moved back south ffs

1 hour ago, Dannie Boy said:

For old times sake! 

So, who is now getting this song? Obviously different words but has to be done. Come on song people ....

3 minutes ago, Disco Ball said:

Maybe he wants to be an involved parent .... his missus has moved back south ffs

All these things should be considered before signing a contract then.

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

All these things should be considered before signing a contract then.

He will next time.