Dean Saunders

LeylandJambo

I actually enjoyed listening to Dean Saunders on Talk Sport, He speaks a lot of sense. 

There seems to be a lot of hatred on here towards anybody and everybody on the radio or tv. 

Edited by Sagan

2 minutes ago, Sagan said:

I actually enjoyed listening to Dean Saunders on Talk Sport, He speaks a lot of sense. 

There seems to be a lot of hatred on here towards anybody and everybody on the radio or tv. 

The issue is not his public appearances which as you say are fine but you cannot act as he did and not expect consequences

You'd have to have stats to prove one way or another whether he has been harshly treated but he should be thanking his lucky stars he did not injure or kill someone

Humility needs to be shown in circumstances such as this

23 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

The issue is not his public appearances which as you say are fine but you cannot act as he did and not expect consequences

You'd have to have stats to prove one way or another whether he has been harshly treated but he should be thanking his lucky stars he did not injure or kill someone

Humility needs to be shown in circumstances such as this

I'm talking about the opinions of people on here that just hate everyone and everyone that has ever spoke a word in the media. 

There has been a lot of people hating on him without any opinion on his drink driving. 

It's the same with referees. Any ref involved in a hearts game, he's shite! he's against us! 

Get your excuses in early. 

People like to hate before they think. 

Edited by Sagan

On 28/08/2019 at 22:40, Smith's right boot said:

Getting caught is the problem. 

Can’t believe that after god knows how many years of there being a very low limit that people still see the need to get behind the wheel whilst under the influence!! It’s against the law ffs

22 hours ago, Sagan said:

Fair point

23 hours ago, Sagan said:

This is JKB.

It's the done thing to hate your own team, get with the program or ship out Sags.

50 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Interesting these things being released. Fine upstanding example.

Oaaft. He is absolutely hammered. 

Absolutely no excuses for him. 

How could he no just get a taxi? His bank account if full. 

Edited by Sagan

44 minutes ago, Sagan said:

Oaaft. He is absolutely hammered. 

Absolutely no excuses for him. 

How could he no just get a taxi? His bank account if full. 

Hard to understand what grounds he is appealing on. 

Just now, The Spy Who Loved Me said:

Perhaps a potential medical issue?

We’ll see.

One that prevents you giving a sample?

i wish jj was my dad
23 hours ago, Sagan said:

I'm talking about the opinions of people on here that just hate everyone and everyone that has ever spoke a word in the media. 

There has been a lot of people hating on him without any opinion on his drink driving. 

It's the same with referees. Any ref involved in a hearts game, he's shite! he's against us! 

Like people popping one out with their bile directed at Ann and Craig. No need.

6 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Like people popping one out with their bile directed at Ann and Craig. No need.

Yer not talking about me there cos i think Ann has done a great job. 

Levein has also done well behind the scenes but the first team is a joke. 

i wish jj was my dad
3 minutes ago, Sagan said:

Yer not talking about me there cos i think Ann has done a great job. 

Levein has also done well behind the scenes but the first team is a joke. 

It wasn't aimed at you in particular other than your point about Hearts fans circling the wagons which is perfectly natural.

Criticism is fine but some of the shite chucked at those two on here is far more toxic and invalid than stuff said about folk who make a living out of attacking the club or in the case of the GFA and Weegia ruining Scottish football.

I don't know much about Dean Saunders since he stopped playing but DUI can't be defended.

12 minutes ago, felix said:

Dean Saunders ; incredible player, talking about one of the best mangers (Clough) ever.

Comedy gold.

Yeah I remember Saunders getting stick for making fun of Cloughs alcohol problems.- which is why I hope they throw him in prison for nice long term now. 

2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Yeah I remember Saunders getting stick for making fun of Cloughs alcohol problems.- which is why I hope they throw him in prison for nice long term now. 

Wanting him thrown in prison for  slagging off Clough's a bit harsh, no ?

2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

One that prevents you giving a sample?

His appeal is against the sentence, not the conviction. He pleaded guilty. 

27 minutes ago, felix said:

Dean Saunders ; incredible player, talking about one of the best mangers (Clough) ever.

Comedy gold.

All footballers from that era seem to have a Brian Clough story. Some of them might even be true.

3 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

His appeal is against the sentence, not the conviction. He pleaded guilty. 

Bit daft really. Sentence might be harsher than average but he'd likely be out by next weekend. Beats hours of community service. 

On 29/08/2019 at 20:17, Sagan said:

I have a long car commute. For my sins i tend tonhave talksport on. Its easy.

If Saunders is on, i switch off. Hes that terrible mix of thick and opinionated.  The station is full of idiots, but Saunders is the only one I automatically switch off.

Dont didagree with your sentiment re the general bile on here though!!