Gary MacKay slavering again

Texia

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Yes, but do you honestly think they would also say the same thing about CL if none of them believed it? Surely not? 

Others we have spoken to but failed to sign also said the same thing about him eg Charlie Adam, James Morrison. 

Anyway , you believe what you want to and I’ll believe what I want to. 

I think we do anyway. :thumbs_up:

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mitch41

• wavydavy

• soonbe110

• sadj

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, wavydavy said:

Maybe that tells you a bit about the charatcter of Craig Levein then if he has so many people apparently holding grudges against him.

Lets face it also it's not just those three who are happy to have a pop at him so why is that? It's hardly because he has been so great as a Manager and won so much is it?

TBF  Michael Stewart would start a rammy in an empty hoose. 

He was at the centre of the player revolt at Hibs which led to the end of John Collins time at ER.

His second spell at Hearts he spent his time falling out with team mates and arguing with fans.

Troublemaker is his middle name and if folk think Levein is arrogant then the same can be said about Stewart.

Gary Mackay has had his moments as well . I'm sure Kevin Harper wasn't his greatest admirer either.

As for Preston or biscuits or whatever he's called he was one of the worst bits of business  I've ever seen from Hearts when you consider who we swopped for him.

14 minutes ago, luckydug said:

TBF  Michael Stewart would start a rammy in an empty hoose. 

He was at the centre of the player revolt at Hibs which led to the end of John Collins time at ER.

His second spell at Hearts he spent his time falling out with team mates and arguing with fans.

Troublemaker is his middle name and if folk think Levein is arrogant then the same can be said about Stewart.

Gary Mackay has had his moments as well . I'm sure Kevin Harper wasn't his greatest admirer either.

As for Preston or biscuits or whatever he's called he was one of the worst bits of business  I've ever seen from Hearts when you consider who we swopped for him.

If that's what you think fine I have a different take on it but if I said it you would only disagree so waste of time.

SpruceBringsteen

If you could somehow meld Gary and Preston's minds together you'd just about have a guy clever enough to beat a shoe at Connect 4. Michael Stewart is, frankly, an absolute ****ing rasper.

Now bear in mind I'm no wanting Levein as manager, but why are the opinions of those three ex-players sacrosanct yet you can just about wish his heart attack was more severe with casual abandon?

4 hours ago, wavydavy said:

Maybe that tells you a bit about the charatcter of Craig Levein then if he has so many people apparently holding grudges against him.

Lets face it also it's not just those three who are happy to have a pop at him so why is that? It's hardly because he has been so great as a Manager and won so much is it?

Certainly John Colquhoun and Sandy Clark rate him so it’s not universal. Sounds like he’s as marmite to ex player colleagues as he as he is to fans. 

I assume Gary MacKay is well known for his financial planning and accountancy? 

I’ll probably just stick to trusting the club when it comes to these things though anyway. I mean, doubling our turnover since she took over, you have to imagine Budge and the lads must know what they are doing.

4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Certainly John Colquhoun and Sandy Clark rate him so it’s not universal. Sounds like he’s as marmite to ex player colleagues as he as he is to fans. 

If he had the team playing well and getting results the majority wouldn't have a bad word to say about him. 

I personally like the man, but what's gone on over the last 3 years is there for all to see. 

Maybe he's taken on too much, maybe the coaches helping him aren't up to scratch? 

At the end of the day, it is what it is and it's down to him. 

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

So what size is our first team squad now?

Just signed #77 the day. ☹️

7 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

I assume Gary MacKay is well known for his financial planning and accountancy? 

I’ll probably just stick to trusting the club when it comes to these things though anyway. I mean, doubling our turnover since she took over, you have to imagine Budge and the lads must know what they are doing.

Clueless.

Heid up wuns bum.

Wur doomed.

29 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

JC was his agent but you may have to revise your view on SC. Just because he played nice at the Shareholders doesn't mean he's got much time for him. 

7 minutes ago, iainmac said:

JC was his agent but you may have to revise your view on SC. Just because he played nice at the Shareholders doesn't mean he's got much time for him. 

Interested to know how many players we've signed that had JC as their agent?

gorgie rd eh11
6 minutes ago, Sagan said:

If you're that interested do a bit of research and find out.

1 minute ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

If you're that interested do a bit of research and find out.

Nah. I'm past caring. 

I just thought i'd bring up the question. 

Craig Cathro oot. 

25 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Fair enough. I don’t have the same inside info as you. 😀

Guest ToqueJambo
5 hours ago, wavydavy said:

It's very easy to work out why Levein (and often Hearts as a club) is a target. He's simply an easy target.

The pundits can't or won't have ago at the OF managers. The backlash is too severe and if they do they have to equally have a go at each of them. There are no consequences to having a go at someone like Levein.

Hibs and Aberdeen have a lot of supporters in the press who don't hide their leanings. The likes of Petrie and McInnes got a ridiculously easy ride. Can't remember much criticism of either of them.

Journalists who are Hearts fans are out there but, like many of our fans, they're not slow to have a go at Hearts unlike, for example Richard Gordon or Aiden Smith with Aberdeen and Hibs. Even Hearts TV commentary is very fair and balanced compared to other teams TV commentaries I've heard. 

gorgie rd eh11
4 hours ago, Sagan said:

4 hours ago, Sagan said:

Nah. I'm past caring. 

I just thought i'd bring up the question. 

Craig Cathro oot. 

So not interested then. just want to throw out some innuendo, stir a bit ****. At least we know where coming from.

SpruceBringsteen

So nobody willing to help me out with why only dribble-lips or absolute welts who used to play for Hearts are having a dig?

4 hours ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

So nobody willing to help me out with why only dribble-lips or absolute welts who used to play for Hearts are having a dig?

No, but I would like to point out that you’re a coward and a hypocrite, anonymously firing off personal insults at guys who issue opinions openly, under their own names

Edited by dc-jambo

i wish jj was my dad
15 hours ago, wavydavy said:

Naismith gets himself a 4 year deal at nearly 33 no bad going. Berra came back here because it suited him for family reasons. Cowie and Hughes were just seeing out the end of their careers as could Whelan.

Washington is probably here more down to McPhee than anyone else.

I am not denying those are or were good signings more why they came to us.

That was my point about JC was that not silly also then?

Naismith was probably the best player in the country before he got injured and was certainly Scotland's first choice striker. Berra was the best centre half in the country pre injury although the jury is unfortunately out since he came back. Despite being finished, Cowie was our best player under Cathro, was a big part if RC promotion squad and still in their plans almost 5 years after we signed him so he was hardly seeing out his career. Hughes put in some sterling performances, notably v Hibs and Celtic before father time caught up with him and from what I've seen of Whelan and Washington they really are a step above what we have in those areas. 

Plenty to slate CL about. Signing those players (i know Robbie signed Cowie) can't be criticised really.

2 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Naismith was probably the best player in the country before he got injured and was certainly Scotland's first choice striker. Berra was the best centre half in the country pre injury although the jury is unfortunately out since he came back. Despite being finished, Cowie was our best player under Cathro, was a big part if RC promotion squad and still in their plans almost 5 years after we signed him so he was hardly seeing out his career. Hughes put in some sterling performances, notably v Hibs and Celtic before father time caught up with him and from what I've seen of Whelan and Washington they really are a step above what we have in those areas. 

Plenty to slate CL about. Signing those players (i know Robbie signed Cowie) can't be criticised really.

Totally agree. Many other Scottish prem teams are scraping around league 2 in England - see hibs, Motherwell etc...

We have made a strategic decision to get in some 30+ model pros who have been at the top and are still playing to a great level for their ability and to expose the youngsters to model pros.

I'd rather our strategy than the hit and (more likely) miss from the lower English leagues.

SpruceBringsteen
8 hours ago, dc-jambo said:

No, but I would like to point out that you’re a coward and a hypocrite, anonymously firing off personal insults at guys who issue opinions openly, under their own names

As I've said before, I'm *rather* well known. 😎