Gary MacKay slavering again

Texia

1 hour ago, mitch41 said:

As for my point of view Levein is employed by Hearts as DOF & Manager and he has been criticised on his ability to do the job.

Gary Mackay is a respected ex player who has played for Hearts more than any other player, and helped Hearts many times during the  many bad times this club has had. Gary’s views should be listened to as a matter of respect for a true Hearts hero.

I'll happily listen to his views but when he makes statements that are factually incorrect and misleading then I'll call him out.

That's 2 articles now where he has incorrectly stated that FOH money is funding the club, and has implied that the FOH money is being wasted.

If he is such a big Hearts man then he should check his facts before writing his pish, especially as he is being paid for his opinions.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mitch41

• wavydavy

• soonbe110

• sadj

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, The Treasurer said:

If we don't win this week then there is a bit of cause for concern, but I think the time to take stock is at the next international break in October.

Concern, take stock, October the usual time wasting if you don’t know Levein is out of his depth then you will never never know him like football people do. Just stick to being a fan cheering on the Hearts and stay happy.

1 hour ago, Texia said:

It's not a matter of opinion :lol: The Heart of Midlothian website, aka the employer of the players, notes 28 in the first team squad and the FOH money at the moment is used to pay back Ann Budge after being diverted to pay for the main stand.

Hearts website is out of date.

If that's what he meant why didn't he just say so.

He's never been shy about saying what he thinks.

Maybe he did and it was left out by the reporter who knows. I’d bet Gary said lots of things that never got into the article.

38 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

The Victor was my favourite.

You're the Gerald Cadman of JKB.

😀😀

SpruceBringsteen

Levein just needs to buy Mackay his tea. Always worked for Mr Romanov when he wanted an immediate u-turn from the halfwit.

The Mercer Takeover

There seems to be some basis in fact to what he states, yet it never amazes to see how even the slightest criticism of this Club, is met with derision from a certain section on here. Some may not like what he says but Gary Mackay is someone who has earned the right to comment on our club through his exceptional long service. 

Not everything Budge or Levein does, needs defended.

Our squad is starting to look like it finally has the making of one which can actually win the occasional game, but it does seem bloated. 

Levein's rotational management technique, where you go round in a circle and keep replacing players until you find something that works, has more to do with luck, rather than ability. Surly the law of averages is finally coming to our rescue. This loser has the best employer in football and have allowed him to keep bringing in new players to cover up his own mistakes.

Just go Levein.

The Internet
13 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Oh dear the Levein Defence League (LOL) won’t like this. They’ll be bashing their keyboards coming out with massive slavers drooling all over their bibs.

This LDL chat is incomprehensibly bad fwiw. 

doctor jambo
12 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Oh dear the Levein Defence League (LOL) won’t like this. They’ll be bashing their keyboards coming out with massive slavers drooling all over their bibs.

I looked at the list and could find little deadwood in there!

Silva, Wighton , Bozanic and Garuccio being the few. Possibly MacLean 

its only 5.

even then the Ozzie’s are useful and Silva is a kid

The Treasurer
48 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Concern, take stock, October the usual time wasting if you don’t know Levein is out of his depth then you will never never know him like football people do. Just stick to being a fan cheering on the Hearts and stay happy.

Sorry, my mistake, I hadn't realise you were such an expert "football person"

And yes, I will never give up cheering on Hearts, it's what fans are supposed to do

Edited by The Treasurer

5 hours ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Do you think we competed against Celtic or just looked to contain them ?

Do you disagree with the part that we have a really good squad ?

Do you disagree with the fact that we should be doing better ?

5 hours ago, graygo said:

Were any of those points made by Mr Mackay in that article?

3 hours ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Read it.

Good advice mate, have you read it? 

Just in case you haven't the answer is no, not mentioned anywhere in the article as I thought.

THE number of players in what is a bloated Hearts first-team squad concerns me greatly, as I have alluded to before on these pages.

You are talking about a squad of about 35 players now, with one more signing still to come in Ryotaro Meshino. Even allowing for some of the younger ones being loaned out between now and the end of the transfer window, it is still a phenomenal amount.

Indeed, if this was the Vladimir Romanov era, people would rightly be up in arms at the number of players on the payroll.

I’m against it for several reasons but one of the main ones is finance. Fans rescued Hearts and stopped them being shut down only a few years ago and their money is helping to fund the club every day of every season through Foundation of Hearts. As Ann Budge has said, we also have benefactors contributing significant sums and we should be grateful for that.

However, what happens if, at some point down the line, we don’t have wealthy people able to hand over millions of pounds to the club? How do we pay such a vast squad if that happens?

Supporters have been around Hearts and backed the club for years, like in the 1970s when we were in trouble and needed saved by Wallace Mercer.

Then we had to fight to stay at Tynecastle through the Save Our Hearts campaign. After that it was the Romanov era and all the turmoil and chaos that brought – ending in administration.

The last thing we need coming out of this era is a situation which can’t be sustained because spending has got out of control. I’m not saying we are at that point but there is simply no need to be recruiting the numbers we have. Quality over quantity should surely be the way forward and FoH need to ask some questions about this at board level.

Ann Budge has done a great job of rebuilding Hearts and no-one should forget that but she can’t have her financial judgment clouded by the football department constantly wanting players. That business model failed us before.

GorgieRules22
13 minutes ago, graygo said:

Good advice mate, have you read it? 

Just in case you haven't the answer is no, not mentioned anywhere in the article as I thought.

THE number of players in what is a bloated Hearts first-team squad concerns me greatly, as I have alluded to before on these pages.

You are talking about a squad of about 35 players now, with one more signing still to come in Ryotaro Meshino. Even allowing for some of the younger ones being loaned out between now and the end of the transfer window, it is still a phenomenal amount.

Indeed, if this was the Vladimir Romanov era, people would rightly be up in arms at the number of players on the payroll.

I’m against it for several reasons but one of the main ones is finance. Fans rescued Hearts and stopped them being shut down only a few years ago and their money is helping to fund the club every day of every season through Foundation of Hearts. As Ann Budge has said, we also have benefactors contributing significant sums and we should be grateful for that.

However, what happens if, at some point down the line, we don’t have wealthy people able to hand over millions of pounds to the club? How do we pay such a vast squad if that happens?

Supporters have been around Hearts and backed the club for years, like in the 1970s when we were in trouble and needed saved by Wallace Mercer.

Then we had to fight to stay at Tynecastle through the Save Our Hearts campaign. After that it was the Romanov era and all the turmoil and chaos that brought – ending in administration.

The last thing we need coming out of this era is a situation which can’t be sustained because spending has got out of control. I’m not saying we are at that point but there is simply no need to be recruiting the numbers we have. Quality over quantity should surely be the way forward and FoH need to ask some questions about this at board level.

Ann Budge has done a great job of rebuilding Hearts and no-one should forget that but she can’t have her financial judgment clouded by the football department constantly wanting players. That business model failed us before.

That’s not what I’m reading online in today’s Evening News, I suggest you go online and have a read of his blog he does weekly on Hearts and his thoughts are bang on the money.

Edited by GorgieRules22

4 hours ago, busby1985 said:

Funny that the people so upset that Levein gets called bad names are so happy to slag the clubs record appearance holder and a man that played a huge part in making sure the club still has a home. Weird that eh? 

On what he said, hard to argue. 

Even if it's not true ?

Who are these 35 players ?

I assume Mackay has listed them in his article. 

Is it the first

team squad he is talking about ?

It's worth remembering we need to be able to field a reserve team as well.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/hearts-craig-levein-s-34-man-squad-analysed-who-are-the-important-first-team-players-the-back-ups-and-the-ones-who-could-move-on-1-4992800

Of course some will say it depends upon how the player is viewed whether first team or not but we have too many players and need to loan out or sell

It's about creating room for the young and incoming.

Some on here are acting like those who want Levein out when discussing Gary and he has been pretty accurate overall.

FOH money has been used to fund the club..that is a fact

1 hour ago, Noah Claypole said:

You're the Gerald Cadman of JKB.

😀😀

Hey that’s not nice calling me a greedy coward.

1 hour ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

This LDL chat is incomprehensibly bad fwiw. 

The LDL is just a runt of the total support. A few keyboard apologists for Levein.

1 hour ago, doctor jambo said:

I looked at the list and could find little deadwood in there!

Silva, Wighton , Bozanic and Garuccio being the few. Possibly MacLean 

its only 5.

even then the Ozzie’s are useful and Silva is a kid

Clare is a standout how could you miss him out followed by White, Doyle and Bobby.

shaun.lawson

If Mr Romanov was still in charge, the official club statement calling Mackay a paedophile and deploring the "wicked circumstances" surrounding his column would be hot off the presses roundabout now. :sad: 

3 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

The LDL is just a runt of the total support. A few keyboard apologists for Levein.

Go to the pub i like drunk Mitch better 😂

24 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/hearts-craig-levein-s-34-man-squad-analysed-who-are-the-important-first-team-players-the-back-ups-and-the-ones-who-could-move-on-1-4992800

Of course some will say it depends upon how the player is viewed whether first team or not but we have too many players and need to loan out or sell

It's about creating room for the young and incoming.

Some on here are acting like those who want Levein out when discussing Gary and he has been pretty accurate overall.

FOH money has been used to fund the club..that is a fact

Agree. 

Sorry, my mistake, I hadn't realise you were such an expert "football person"

And yes, I will never give up cheering on Hearts, it's what fans are supposed to do

Yes we all cheer Hearts on and support them ever more.

4 minutes ago, sadj said:

Go to the pub i like drunk Mitch better 😂

June’s just came in with a bottle of white wine for tonight. Lovely jubely.

Just now, mitch41 said:

Haha enjoy mate , have a glass for me , my evening is train for 3hours then eat 🥴

Bazzas right boot
15 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Clare is a standout how could you miss him out followed by White, Doyle and Bobby.

You are absolutely clueless. 

Reading you posts is sore on the eyes. 

You talk absolute shite. 

Even hinting we should have only one senior keeper shows this to be true. 

Clueless. 

Classing our two sub keepers as deadwood just sums up your thinking or lack off. 

Enjoy your wine. 

Unknown user
2 hours ago, mitch41 said:

the nick!

Edited by Smithee

Seymour M Hersh
24 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Finally we can reveal.....

th-1.jpeg

14 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

You are absolutely clueless. 

Reading you posts is sore on the eyes. 

You talk absolute shite. 

Even hinting we should have only one senior keeper shows this to be true. 

Clueless. 

Classing our two sub keepers as deadwood just sums up your thinking or lack off. 

Enjoy your wine. 

Cheers

27 minutes ago, sadj said:

Haha enjoy mate , have a glass for me , my evening is train for 3hours then eat 🥴

Cheers

4 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Finally we can reveal.....

th-1.jpeg

How did you get this picture. Mind you we changed the wallpaper last year.

2 hours ago, mitch41 said:

The LDL. 😂😂😂😂

Great Bantz!!! 👍

3 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

The LDL. 😂😂😂😂

Great Bantz!!! 👍

Dinna you start we’ve just got Mitch settled wi his bottle 🤬

4 minutes ago, sadj said:

Dinna you start we’ve just got Mitch settled wi his bottle 🤬

😂👍

Just wish people would accept that some people who are diehard fans could express their opinions without some oaf slagging them. Gary is spot in with his article. Only an idiot would say we are doing well with 34 players.

7 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Gary has the record of most appearances for Hearts being 640 games, think hes allowed an opinion, right

or wrong.

Not according to the LDL.....

3 hours ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

Levein just needs to buy Mackay his tea. Always worked for Mr Romanov when he wanted an immediate u-turn from the halfwit.

:rofl:

Despite the chronic injury toll,  Levein just has to get good performances out of his team over the next few weeks.

That will end stalwarts like Mackay expressing grave concerns.

1 hour ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

I am utterly shocked to see some of the names on here trying to justify that article. Shocked.

You must have led a hell of a sheltered life if this shocks you.:lol:

12 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

You must have led a hell of a sheltered life if this shocks you.:lol:

Or just joined jkb 😂

4 hours ago, GorgieRules22 said:

That’s not what I’m reading online in today’s Evening News, I suggest you go online and have a read of his blog he does weekly on Hearts and his thoughts are bang on the money.

I suggest you read the article that this thread is all about. 

I think a lot of folk and I’d include myself in that have a soft spot for Gary having witnessed his entire career. A very good player who gave everything he had every time he pulled on the jersey. Probably stayed at Hearts too long in all honesty but a true club legend. 

3 minutes ago, The Duke said:

I think a lot of folk and I’d include myself in that have a soft spot for Gary having witnessed his entire career. A very good player who gave everything he had every time he pulled on the jersey. Probably stayed at Hearts too long in all honesty but a true club legend. 

Yes and talks a lot of sense that upsets the CL happy clappers.

Geoff Kilpatrick
20 minutes ago, Prof said:

Yes and talks a lot of sense that upsets the CL happy clappers.

How is making up a figure of 35 players "talking sense"?

2 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

Gary has the record of most appearances for Hearts being 640 games, think hes allowed an opinion, right

or wrong.

640 appearances v 1280 Hearts games watched. Who has best view of what’s gone on?