Gary MacKay slavering again

Texia

Ibrahim Tall

Mackay is a slavering arse always happy to cause problems for ‘his’ club at any opportunity for a few quid from the gutter press. Nothing changes in that respect.

Complaining about ‘quality’ over quantity, poor scouting and poor management are valid arguments, incorrectly moaning about exaggerated squad sizes à la Keith Jackson and his “faceless cast of thousands” crap and making baseless claims of financial mismanagement aren’t. 

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mitch41

• wavydavy

• soonbe110

• sadj

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Texia said:

I read this and Gary’s numbers might be right or wrong depending on who is in Hearts first team squad but what he is really on about is the cost of having players who just aren’t good enough and costing the club wages. I’m sure we’d all want to have quality over quantity and there’s no doubt about it we have some players who are just not good enough to be playing for Hearts.

2 hours ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Gary’s a good lad, but **** me he can slaver.  Moaning about having a large squad, yet probably moaning about the number of injuries as well.

Think he has made a good point we have a really good squad now let’s see what happens if we don’t finish up the top with this squad compared to the likes of killie Motherwell etc then changes must happen 

Think we will do well though 

Funny that the people so upset that Levein gets called bad names are so happy to slag the clubs record appearance holder and a man that played a huge part in making sure the club still has a home. Weird that eh? 

On what he said, hard to argue. 

2 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Funny that the people so upset that Levein gets called bad names are so happy to slag the clubs record appearance holder and a man that played a huge part in making sure the club still has a home. Weird that eh? 

Who is upset? 

Slavering?

Dallas Green
1 minute ago, busby1985 said:

Other than we don't have 35 players in the first team squad.

Also the fact that Budge would never let us slip into the state we were in before.

Pretty easy to argue against these nuggets of information. 

Add into that from previous articles, he doesn't even know how FOH works.

2 hours ago, It should have been ten said:

Looking awfy like Tam Mullen in Still Game 

DAC5FDD3-2733-4467-9F36-4ABAC331E19D.thumb.jpeg.60e3f9f239dbec73d8a4e0c9ebea767e.jpeg

I seriously had a LOL moment with that pic.

Gary Mackay is a genuine GOOD GUY, he has helped my lad find a club, but boy can he slaver at times when it comes to Hearts.  If slavering was an Olympic event he'd be representing GB (gold medal contender).      

It's a bit of a blessing that we do have a big squad given the amount of injuries we get. We would have been even worse last season without cover and probably wouldn't have got to the Semi/Final or finished top six would have cost us a fair bit financially

The club website gives the first team squad as:

Goalkeepers (3) - Zlamal, Doyle, Pereira.

Defenders (9) - Smith, White, Souttar, Berra, Garuccio, Brandon, Halkett, Dikamona, Burns.

Midfielders (10) - Haring, Bozanic, Clare, Walker, Mulraney, Lee, Cochrane, McDonald, Damour, Morrison

Forwards (5) - Washington, Naismith, Wighton, MacLean, Ikpeazu.

A total of 27 there, plus a reserve squad of 12, so I've no idea where the 35 figure is coming from.

You want to have a minimum of two per position plus three goalkeepers and there will always be a few extra youngsters around the fringes.

Once we've got rid of a few players - Zlamal, Lee and some youngsters on loan, the squad will be almost the ideal size.

So, in summary, a load of shite from Mackay.

57 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Tbf it would've been 34 we have just loaned out Smith and Hamilton to Cowdenbeath and Makovora to Spartans and i notice aidan kenna names isn't there when meshino joins that will be 35 players on the books although there is 3 of them loaned out so far there could be players missing also as sean ward has been training regularly with the first team squad and a few others etc. 

2 hours ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Sorry if I offend, but....Are you really that simple?

You think Anne Budge, an award winning business woman, is allowing our manager to have 2 salaries? 2???

The comments section of the evening news articles is like seeing the folk down at Cowgate at 3 am in the morning

If you read it properly you'll see I used a question mark, do you know what that is or is it you that's the simpleton?

I didn't think for one minute he was on two salaries but the running of the club as your award winning business woman is doing at the moment I'm afraid nothing would surprise me.

Now go and put your toys away ass***e!

Edited by allyby

Absolute Scenes
4 minutes ago, allyby said:

If you read it properly you'll see I used a question mark, do you know what that is or is it you that's the simpleton?

I didn't think for one minute he was on two salaries but the running of the club as your award winning business woman is doing at the moment I'm afraid nothing would surprise me.

the whole questioning around it screams of someone either passively trying to get away with a wee sly dig at how the club is run, or someone who would believe anything they had read = simpleton

Do adult toys count?

Absolute Scenes
1 hour ago, The Treasurer said:

Was about to post similar.

The RC game we can all agree was a shocker, but had we scraped a 1-0 win then things would have looked much different.

The losses to the sheep and sellik were been down to individual errors or lack of concentration, not because we were totally outplayed.

Motherwell was as well as we've played in a long time.

Aye exactly - I'm not concerned

The next few games are absolutely winnable and I'm going in with a mindset that we'll get points out of most of those games and will put us in a better position

No danger, as a sane and level grounded individual, would I be losing the plot and mentioning relegation after 3 games

22 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

I read this and Gary’s numbers might be right or wrong depending on who is in Hearts first team squad but what he is really on about is the cost of having players who just aren’t good enough and costing the club wages. I’m sure we’d all want to have quality over quantity and there’s no doubt about it we have some players who are just not good enough to be playing for Hearts.

Yet, no matter he is a former Hearts player, on kickback he is to be abused and ridiculed for being critical of the club. 

Just what so wrong that the Levein Defence League, LDL,  are on here having a go at Gary Mackay at Hearts hero, legend and staunch Hearts supporter.  Gary is entitled to his views and calling him names is a classic case of disrespect.

13 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Who is upset? 

Slavering?

You haven’t seen the numerous threads and posters saying how much of a disgrace it is that people say bad things about the club legend that is Levein? The same people that think it’s disgusting to slag Levein don’t seem to care when slagging McKay, another Hearts legend. That was my point. 

The Internet
Just now, mitch41 said:

Just what so wrong that the Levein Defence League, LDL,  are on here having a go at Gary Mackay at Hearts hero, legend and staunch Hearts supporter.  Gary is entitled to his views and calling him names is a classic case of disrespect.

I'm not a supporter of levein but I think Gary mackay seems quite out of his depth and his opinions are best kept to a dark corner of luckies rather than a national newspaper. 

3 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

You haven’t seen the numerous threads and posters saying how much of a disgrace it is that people say bad things about the club legend that is Levein? The same people that think it’s disgusting to slag Levein don’t seem to care when slagging McKay, another Hearts legend. That was my point. 

As for my point of view Levein is employed by Hearts as DOF & Manager and he has been criticised on his ability to do the job.

Gary Mackay is a respected ex player who has played for Hearts more than any other player, and helped Hearts many times during the  many bad times this club has had. Gary’s views should be listened to as a matter of respect for a true Hearts hero.

1 minute ago, Dallas Green said:

Other than we don't have 35 players in the first team squad.

Also the fact that Budge would never let us slip into the state we were in before.

Pretty easy to argue against these nuggets of information. 

Add into that from previous articles, he doesn't even know how FOH works.

The problem here is that someone is basing their counting on players registered with the club and not taking into account those that are U20 (at Academy), those out on loan and the walking wounded.

From my quick ready reckoning  the 1st team senior squad (> 20) numbers 26 or 27 if Cochrane is included (due to games played).  Hearts have 12 U20 players listed as part of its squad (I have included Hickey, Cochrane, Irving & McDonald here) plus 7 players currently out on loan.   Then there are the likes of Lee, Garuccio, Walker, Souttar, etc. who will likely not see first team action in 2019.

Slavering is as slavering does.  

I forgot to add that Gary Mackay makes decent money from slavering, it is newsworthy, especially for the EEN.

5 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

As for my point of view Levein is employed by Hearts as DOF & Manager and he has been criticised on his ability to do the job.

Gary Mackay is a respected ex player who has played for Hearts more than any other player, and helped Hearts many times during the  many bad times this club has had. Gary’s views should be listened to as a matter of respect for a true Hearts hero.

No arguments from me. 

32 minutes ago, Cwapsy said:

It's a bit of a blessing that we do have a big squad given the amount of injuries we get. We would have been even worse last season without cover and probably wouldn't have got to the Semi/Final or finished top six would have cost us a fair bit financially

It is certainly possible that Craig Levein is keeping a bigger squad because of last season's injuries. Understandable. 

11 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

I'm not a supporter of levein but I think Gary mackay seems quite out of his depth and his opinions are best kept to a dark corner of luckies rather than a national newspaper. 

So every other ex player who loves their ex team should keep their mouth shut except Gary Mackay.

The papers would be toiling to fill space if this was to happen or is it just the likes of John Colquhoun,

Levein’s mate to give his views in the papers.

Dallas Green
7 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Even when what he says isn't true?

He is wrong about the squad size and was wrong about FOH.

11 minutes ago, allyby said:

Can't say for definite, but Levein is the only director taking remuneration so the the accounts will confirm any significant increase in salary.

DOF @ £140K (previously if I recollect)

So experienced Manager paid in line with top players, I'd say £150k.

I wouldn't be surprised if incremental (relative to someone on that salary), but not 2 full salaries.

Again the text in the News didn't really suggest what the person was getting at.

3 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

People still read Hootsmon publications?

Apparently so, Geoff.  I do not even glance at there online version these days.

Move along, nothing to see there.

Dallas Green
11 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

The problem here is that someone is basing their counting on players registered with the club and not taking into account those that are U20 (at Academy), those out on loan and the walking wounded.

From my quick ready reckoning  the 1st team senior squad (> 20) numbers 26 or 27 if Cochrane is included (due to games played).  Hearts have 12 U20 players listed as part of its squad (I have included Hickey, Cochrane, Irving & McDonald here) plus 7 players currently out on loan.   Then there are the likes of Lee, Garuccio, Walker, Souttar, etc. who will likely not see first team action in 2019.

Slavering is as slavering does.  

Very true.

I'm sure if the same was done across other clubs we wouldn't have much higher amounts than others.

oh ah grantona

I counted 30 on transfer market with a few from reserves not listed and didn't see the few boys we had out on loan. 

So the 35 is prob about right I'd expect 2 at least to be transferred out and another few young lads on loan 

Budge has always said we operate within a budget and I truly believe that I can criticise her all day long for having CL in first team affairs but she has always backed managers and my basic accounting knowledge says we aren't overspending even with stadium redevelopment

Directors remuneration increased from 135k to 221k between 2017 and 2018.

Edit Checked again. 

There are appears to be 2 elements.

1 from 135k to 141k and the other as above to 221k but still at 1 director.

Perhaps not a significant salary increase but a pension contribution?

Edited by DETTY29

29 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Well said.

It should have been ten
53 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

I seriously had a LOL moment with that pic.

Gary Mackay is a genuine GOOD GUY, he has helped my lad find a club, but boy can he slaver at times when it comes to Hearts.  If slavering was an Olympic event he'd be representing GB (gold medal contender).      

A ringer for auld Tam in that pic :lol: 

Totally agree mate. Gary’s a good guy but a likes a wee slaver to himself lol.

Edited by It should have been ten

The Treasurer
39 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Aye exactly - I'm not concerned

The next few games are absolutely winnable and I'm going in with a mindset that we'll get points out of most of those games and will put us in a better position

No danger, as a sane and level grounded individual, would I be losing the plot and mentioning relegation after 3 games

If we don't win this week then there is a bit of cause for concern, but I think the time to take stock is at the next international break in October.

18 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Directors remuneration increased from 135k to 221k between 2017 and 2018.

Edit Checked again. 

There are appears to be 2 elements.

1 from 135k to 141k and the other as above to 221k but still at 1 director.

Perhaps not a significant salary increase but a pension contribution?

Thanks for the info.

That’s all I was asking earlier.

Geoff Kilpatrick
16 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

If we don't win this week then there is a bit of cause for concern, but I think the time to take stock is at the next international break in October.

If we can't beat Hamilton at home then that should be the final straw.

26 minutes ago, Dallas Green said:

Even when what he says isn't true?

He is wrong about the squad size and was wrong about FOH.

It’s an opinion he has and he’s more often spot on in my opinion. Does anyone know the real truth about the size of the 1st team squad or all the in’s and out’s of our FOH. Truth is maybe not the right word to use when opinion’s are viewed.

Now if anyone understands what i’ve posted the drinks are on me.      :wonga:

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
24 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

No point waiting until October. If he doesn't have the balls to resign, we should sack him now. 

Absolute Scenes
51 minutes ago, allyby said:

Isn't about time Kickback introduced an over 18s policy to keep idiots like this little boy away.

:sweeet: big words pal

Edited by Absolute Scenes

9 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

It’s an opinion he has and he’s more often spot on in my opinion. Does anyone know the real truth about the size of the 1st team squad or all the in’s and out’s of our FOH. Truth is maybe not the right word to use when opinion’s are viewed.

We are hiding first team players somewhere? 😳

8 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

It's not a matter of opinion :lol: The Heart of Midlothian website, aka the employer of the players, notes 28 in the first team squad and the FOH money at the moment is used to pay back Ann Budge after being diverted to pay for the main stand.

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, mitch41 said:

If that's what he meant why didn't he just say so.

He's never been shy about saying what he thinks.

4 minutes ago, Texia said:

It's not a matter of opinion :lol: The Heart of Midlothian website, aka the employer of the players, notes 28 in the first team squad and the FOH money at the moment is used to pay back Ann Budge after being diverted to pay for the main stand.

Ssssh just tell Mitch we alll understand and get down the Merchie , drinks are on him 😈

4 hours ago, wavydavy said:

He's right about quality over quantity though. It's not that long ago that CL was saying he was going to bring in one or two signings and here he is about to make number eight for this window.

And gullible people take this phrase literally.

1 hour ago, mitch41 said:

So every other ex player who loves their ex team should keep their mouth shut except Gary Mackay.

The papers would be toiling to fill space if this was to happen or is it just the likes of John Colquhoun,

Levein’s mate to give his views in the papers.

You should contact the Beano mate.

You'd make thoosands. 

Selkirkhmfc1874

We've never been run better as a business and that's why aslong as Mrs Budge is in charge we'll never run into financial difficulties 

21 minutes ago, Noah Claypole said:

You should contact the Beano mate.

You'd make thoosands. 

The Victor was my favourite.