Gary MacKay slavering again

Texia

5 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

What teams had Celtic and Aberdeen in the first 3 games? 

Hearts

Did you see enough improvement from those 3 games? 

The Ross County game put the fear of god in me. We shouldn't of got anything from that match. 

Aberdeen game we had the naismith effect for 20 minutes. 

Celtic was the same old same old. 

Edited by Sagan

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mitch41

• wavydavy

• soonbe110

• sadj

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Eight is an entirely normal amount of signings to make in a summer window. It's less than any of last seasons top 6 other than kilmarnock. Which of our signings this summer would you say aren't good enough? 

I am not bothered about what other clubs do, I want the club I support to be the best they can be and to be able to believe what comes our of the Manager's mouth.

I never said they weren't good enough. The point is you can't believe a word that comes out of his mouth. He clearly said that he was looking to sign one or maybe two players to replace Olly Lee and the injured Haring possibly.

Uche, Clare and Wighton are three that I think have been a waste of time (I know they are not in his current batch of signings). Not impressed with our Goalkeepers either.

He also said two years ago that it might take a him a couple of transfer windows to get in the players he wanted. Here we are into his fourth transfer window and his squad is still a work in progress.

3 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Agree with quality over quantity, but would prefer it if Gary would at least wait until after the window has closed as I suspect we’ll let between 5-10 leave permanently or on loan.  

He did mention the fact that a number of players may go out on loan. Presumably his article was written before it was known about Zanatta going to Partick also.

The Internet
3 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I am not bothered about what other clubs do, I want the club I support to be the best they can be and to be able to believe what comes our of the Manager's mouth.

I never said they weren't good enough. The point is you can't believe a word that comes out of his mouth. He clearly said that he was looking to sign one or maybe two players to replace Olly Lee and the injured Haring possibly.

Uche, Clare and Wighton are three that I think have been a waste of time (I know they are not in his current batch of signings). Not impressed with our Goalkeepers either.

He also said two years ago that it might take a him a couple of transfer windows to get in the players he wanted. Here we are into his fourth transfer window and his squad is still a work in progress.

Things change. I can't find any quotes to back up him saying we only need 1 or 2, closest I can find is right after the cup final when he said we'd need 4, but does it really matter what he says to the press? Doesn't to me. 

56 minutes ago, glynnlondon said:

The large squad is a symptom of our piss poor player procurement really.

EXACTLY!

17 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Do you think we competed against Celtic or just looked to contain them ?

Do you disagree with the part that we have a really good squad ?

Do you disagree with the fact that we should be doing better ?

Were any of those points made by Mr Mackay in that article?

Tom Hardy’s Dug

He seems to be factually wrong 

He ignores the fact that the club has confirmed there will be a number of departures before the end of the window.

The club are quite properly using the start of the season to assess who is loaned, who isn’t and who leaves permanently.

23 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Sorry if I offend, but....Are you really that simple?

You think Anne Budge, an award winning business woman, is allowing our manager to have 2 salaries? 2???

The comments section of the evening news articles is like seeing the folk down at Cowgate at 3 am in the morning

Aye we do n its 2wages around half a mill cause then hes paid just a touch more than McInnes instead of one wage and approx 4 or 5times less than McInnes. Keep up ffs 😝

Edited by sadj

14 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

EXACTLY!

Is that not cause we spent money on a glass façade before properly investing in a scouting network🤔

Edited by sadj

4 minutes ago, sadj said:

Is that not cause we spent money on a glass facade before properly investing in a scouting network🤔

Players are temporary - the lovely glass facade is forever! 😊

27 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Sorry if I offend, but....Are you really that simple?

You think Anne Budge, an award winning business woman, is allowing our manager to have 2 salaries? 2???

The comments section of the evening news articles is like seeing the folk down at Cowgate at 3 am in the morning

He’s doing two jobs, both he and AB have confirmed  this publicly.

What that means in terms of contract(s), has never been made public, as far as I can tell. 

Edited by Boab

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Noah Claypole said:

Another belter of a thread.

Keep em coming guys.

Folk clearly don't read the article. 

Just come on screaming CL out. 

When some posters debate the article others debate something different. 

These threads aren't worth debating now. 

Our squad is an average size. 

We will not go into admin or financial difficulties. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

58 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Just read Mackay's comments. Hard to disagree but not saying anything that hasn't been said before. Seems though that if you even dare question or have an opinion on what's going on there are folk that can't wait to pick you up on it. How dare someone show concern about the club they love. Mackay must be a hibby then!

Folk are picking up on it because it's not true. Simple really.

The Treasurer

As a few posters have indicated a fair number of our "first team" squad will not be on massive wages.

As for the "quality over quantity"  argument, I think it's fair to say that the quality is definitely improving. This is due to the fact the club is being well run, allowing more funds to be made available to the playing squad.

I think in the last accounts the highest paid director was receiving in the region of £140-150k.  Of course the situation may have changed with the new contract as manager offered to Levein.

As for the issues about the squad - it is right to question described as disorganised and requiring review according to Budge. 

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Correct.

As an aside, do these papers just make shit up? (rhetorical question)

Headline in today's Evening News. 

Gary Mackay: Finances concern me when Hearts have a 35-man squad

Headline in today's Scotsman.

Gary Mackay: Hearts squad as strong as any in 25 years at Tynecastle

The Treasurer
4 minutes ago, Super_Hans said:

On one hand he criticises the size of the squad, on the other he's excited about another addition to the squad.

3 minutes ago, Super_Hans said:

He’s contradicting himself in the second piece. 

Our massive bloated squad to go with our massive bloated coaching staff.

Gary obviously thinks its the 1980’s where you are meant to have a squad of 16, a manager, an assistant and a ***** with a magic sponge.

He never does his homework, about 10 of the 30 odd players are reserves and under 21. 

6 minutes ago, Super_Hans said:

:rofl:what an eejit. 

We should give Levein 3 salaries for the fantastic job he's doing, maybe 4 if he can manage to get us to the championship at the end of the season. Then who knows, maybe a bronze statue outside the front of the stadium. 

9 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Yep..

The article isn't all that bad and pretty much about right, i disagree with his comments about the Celtic game because unlike him and most on here I can watch a game appreciating there are 2 teams on the pitch and not just the one.

I agree with the rest, we now have a very good chance to put a run together and get the places in the team nailed down. 

Really looking forward to this wee run of fixtures.

7 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

We should give Levein 3 salaries for the fantastic job he's doing, maybe 4 if he can manage to get us to the championship at the end of the season. Then who knows, maybe a bronze statue outside the front of the stadium. 

Hiya Gary x 

The Internet
11 minutes ago, Super_Hans said:

wtf :lol: that article is actually fair enough, just about, doesn't offer much but at least he hasn't got anything factually wrong for a change. 

5 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

wtf :lol: that article is actually fair enough, just about, doesn't offer much but at least he hasn't got anything factually wrong for a change. 

Apart from the first sentence where the article immediately loses any credibility.

14 minutes ago, dc-jambo said:

Well at least he’s offering an opinion openly, under his own name - unlike his detractors on this thread

The only problem being that his 'opinion' is factually inaccurate.  

Excluding academy graduates we have:

3 GKs - Pereira, Doyle and Zlamal (1 of which is currently injured)

7 DFs - Smith, Souttar, Berra, Halkett, Dikamona, White and Garuccio (3 of which are currenly injured)

6 CMs - Haring, Damour, Whelan, Bozanic, Clare, Lee (1 currently injured, 1 surplus to requirements)

3 AMs - Walker, Mulraney, Meshino and Wighton (2 of which are currently injured)

4 STs - Naismith, Washington, Ikpeazu and Maclean

Apologies if I have missed anyone. As I count it we have a squad of 23 senior players, 7 are currently injured (Naismith just back) and 1 has been told he can leave.

Massive squad though :lol:

1 hour ago, bobskeldon said:

We DO have what appears to be a lot of players and nobody could surely argue that a huge amount of money

has been wasted over the past 3 years on a significant number of players who were 'duds'. 

Who has been a waste of money and who should we have signed instead?

It's OK moaning in hindsight but.....

Edited by JamboAl

This was his article last week:

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/gary-mackay-hearts-squad-as-strong-as-any-in-25-years-at-tynecastle-we-need-to-see-improvement-1-4992041

This week the squad is 'bloated'...

2 players in every position = 22 + a good batch of youngsters coming through. Add to that cover for injuries and 28 doesn't seem particularly bloated. Maybe he should wait until the end of the transfer window to see how many we have.

Absolute Scenes
1 hour ago, Sagan said:

Hearts

The Ross County game put the fear of god in me. We shouldn't of got anything from that match. 

Aberdeen game individual errors cost us the goals - had Berra or Dikamona not been on the pitch that game would have been won (if yer auntie had baws, I know, but genuinely we lost that because of our own errors)

Celtic, same old, gulf in finances, getting beat shouldn't result in a meltdown on here, but still does, despite the fact they pumped the other teams 7 - 0 and 5-2, they could only manage 3-1 (again individual errors)

Ross County, I agree, there was no plan and we couldn't break them down, however, teams that come up always seem to be running on the high from the previous season so tend to start the season well (Livi last season) - from there we did improve in our next game

However, you've missed out the motherwell game where we won it with ease despite close score line. I've seen improvement from league cup to the Motherwell game. Had we not had to play celtic on sunday and instead had a winnable game (like St Johnstone, and we actually won,  there would be a totally different atmosphere on here, but the same thing happens, that after a defeat, meltdown mode is activated.

Absolute Scenes
52 minutes ago, Boab said:

He’s doing two jobs, both he and AB have confirmed  this publicly.

What that means in terms of contract(s), has never been made public, as far as I can tell. 

I don't believe for a second he's getting 2 wages

that would be extremely stupid by Anne Budge, who again is an award winning business woman so would conduct her business in a way that is dignified and morally correct. Levein is not getting paid 2 separate salaries and to believe that makes one look like a complete simpleton

1 hour ago, Ray Gin said:

37 players in Celtic's squad. 

31 players in Rangers' squad.

30 players in Hearts' squad.

Source: transfermarkt

Tbf it would've been 34 we have just loaned out Smith and Hamilton to Cowdenbeath and Makovora to Spartans and i notice aidan kenna names isn't there when meshino joins that will be 35 players on the books although there is 3 of them loaned out so far there could be players missing also as sean ward has been training regularly with the first team squad and a few others etc. 

Maroon Sailor
5 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

We are paying too many people who will contribute little or nothing. 

Bit like the Evening Hibs then

4 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

I don't believe for a second he's getting 2 wages

that would be extremely stupid by Anne Budge, who again is an award winning business woman so would conduct her business in a way that is dignified and morally correct. Levein is not getting paid 2 separate salaries and to believe that makes one look like a complete simpleton

I never said he was.

You seem to know more about it than me.

I know he’s doing two jobs. 

How is that done re. his contract...or contracts ?

The Treasurer
7 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Aberdeen game individual errors cost us the goals - had Berra or Dikamona not been on the pitch that game would have been won (if yer auntie had baws, I know, but genuinely we lost that because of our own errors)

Celtic, same old, gulf in finances, getting beat shouldn't result in a meltdown on here, but still does, despite the fact they pumped the other teams 7 - 0 and 5-2, they could only manage 3-1 (again individual errors)

Ross County, I agree, there was no plan and we couldn't break them down, however, teams that come up always seem to be running on the high from the previous season so tend to start the season well (Livi last season) - from there we did improve in our next game

However, you've missed out the motherwell game where we won it with ease despite close score line. I've seen improvement from league cup to the Motherwell game. Had we not had to play celtic on sunday and instead had a winnable game (like St Johnstone, and we actually won,  there would be a totally different atmosphere on here, but the same thing happens, that after a defeat, meltdown mode is activated.

Was about to post similar.

The RC game we can all agree was a shocker, but had we scraped a 1-0 win then things would have looked much different.

The losses to the sheep and sellik were been down to individual errors or lack of concentration, not because we were totally outplayed.

Motherwell was as well as we've played in a long time.

Bazzas right boot
53 minutes ago, graygo said:

Correct.

As an aside, do these papers just make shit up? (rhetorical question)

Headline in today's Evening News. 

Gary Mackay: Finances concern me when Hearts have a 35-man squad

Headline in today's Scotsman.

Gary Mackay: Hearts squad as strong as any in 25 years at Tynecastle

sums up the power of the media.

The university study on the Sun that was just revealed being an dit being  banned in Liverpool/ Merseyside is an eye opener and shows how much power  propaganda, sorry the media can hold.

Frightening.

2 hours ago, allyby said:

Quote further down the page.

John Spence
I believe levien is taking 2 salaries not bad for the worst manager in Scotland sooner him and nudge are gone the better.

Is this true about 2 salaries?

3 I heard.

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

meltdown mode is the default setting on here.

1 hour ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Things change. I can't find any quotes to back up him saying we only need 1 or 2, closest I can find is right after the cup final when he said we'd need 4, but does it really matter what he says to the press? Doesn't to me. 

Why say a number? Why doesn't he just say I have signing plans wait and see what transpires.

Fans read and would surely like to feel they can believe what the Manager says to the media.

Things change you are correct here we are five years into his Footballing Dynasty and we are still building.

1 hour ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Quote froman article I read.

“Quality over quantity? Absolutely. Last time I was Hearts manager, it took my two full seasons to get into a position where we had our most settled team.

The use of the word ‘again’ in the thread title is misleading, it implies that there was a point where Gary Mackay had stopped slavering. 

1 hour ago, The Treasurer said:

As a few posters have indicated a fair number of our "first team" squad will not be on massive wages.

As for the "quality over quantity"  argument, I think it's fair to say that the quality is definitely improving. This is due to the fact the club is being well run, allowing more funds to be made available to the playing squad.

My reaction to the first piece was that as someone closely involved with saving the club, he doesn't understand that our finances are improving especially with main stand moving towards completion.

It hasn't been confirmed the playing budget has increased but the signings might suggest that. 

Squad here, below. I know there are now players like Zlamal, Lee, Bozanic and Dikamona that won't play again or much but that is due to signing better players. And still a few days of transfer window to go.

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/squads/first-team/playing-squad

https://www.transfermarkt.com/heart-of-midlothian-fc/kader/verein/43

He continues to labour under the misapprehension that FOH is currently funding the running of the club. If he can't get that right then what credence can you put on anything else he claims?

Does he list the 35 players that he claims are currently in our first team squad? Or is he just plucking a number from his head?

Does he know how the benefactors funding has been spent or is he just assuming it is helping towards the playing budget, like he mistakenly claims FOH funds are?

10 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

My reaction to the first piece was that as someone closely involved with saving the club, he doesn't understand that our finances are improving especially with main stand moving towards completion.

It hasn't been confirmed the playing budget has increased but the signings might suggest that. 

Squad here, below. I know there are now players like Zlamal, Lee, Bozanic and Dikamona that won't play again or much but that is due to signing better players. And still a few days of transfer window to go.

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/squads/first-team/playing-squad

https://www.transfermarkt.com/heart-of-midlothian-fc/kader/verein/43

I make that 28 players, with one still to arrive, so don't know where McKay gets 35 from. Also Lee likely to leave and possibly one or two others out on loan, so he is slavering as usual.

Hectormasson
1 hour ago, Sagan said:

Hearts

As long as 4-6-0 is here itl be the same with any trip to the ugly sisters,and prob same at home !!!