• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mitch41

• wavydavy

• soonbe110

• sadj

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Gary’s a good lad, but **** me he can slaver.  Moaning about having a large squad, yet probably moaning about the number of injuries as well.

Pants Shaton

I’m looking forward to us picking up maximum points with a couple of good performances.  Firstly, because I’m a Hearts fan and second, to see gobshites like Mackay pop back in their box.  

At  least he’s spreading his ire beyond his personal beef with Levein. Diversifying.

We DO have what appears to be a lot of players and nobody could surely argue that a huge amount of money

has been wasted over the past 3 years on a significant number of players who were 'duds'. 

Another pish opinion piece offering no context.

Anyone could write the crap he comes out with these days. No need to throw in facts about what other clubs a similar size are like, or how many are youth players who are progressed to the first team (so won't be on big money) etc.

The Evening News is full of clickbait shite, and Gary's column is nothing other than just that.

Quote further down the page.

John Spence
I believe levien is taking 2 salaries not bad for the worst manager in Scotland sooner him and nudge are gone the better.

Is this true about 2 salaries?
Edited by allyby

The Internet
Just now, allyby said:

John Spence
I believe levien is taking 2 salaries not bad for the worst manager in Scotland sooner him and nudge are gone the better.

Is this true?

aye why not

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Didn't think it was his worst. 

Teams take time to gel, fans want it yesterday managers want years.

Expect things to improve week on week now

10 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Again it’s fairly hard to disagree with the majority of what he says. 

I agree.

Nothing startling, just a concern about the size of squad.

I enjoyed his Romanov comment. Aye we would be losing our shit at 35 players considering the likes of Obua were on 15k a week, something that'll never happen under the current ownership 

Just read Mackay's comments. Hard to disagree but not saying anything that hasn't been said before. Seems though that if you even dare question or have an opinion on what's going on there are folk that can't wait to pick you up on it. How dare someone show concern about the club they love. Mackay must be a hibby then!

14 minutes ago, allyby said:

John Spence

Urban myth. 

Jambo 4 Ever
19 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

This

some people on here just don’t like it when someone says anything negative about hearts - they are in cuckoo land

Just now, Natural Orders said:

This

some people on here just don’t like it when someone says anything negative about hearts - they are in cuckoo land

It’s possible to have a debate about the manager, style of football, results etc. but Mackay is talking complete and utter nonsense in that article. 

The Internet

Tbh I was scrolling down expecting to read more and then the article suddenly stopped and I started to wonder if he actually gets paid for this. 

Just now, eyesandears said:

Thankfully he's no where near the club.

This. Every article is the same - some thought he’s had but then not bothered to

research the facts or consider plausible explanations. 

7 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

This

Have no issue with someone saying something negative just so long as it's accurate.

We don't have 35 players on first team wages so his his point is null and void! At most we have 20* players on 1st team wages supplemented by 8 youth players and a loan keeper.

*21 if Olly Lee stays

Edited by Ribble

6 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

37 players in Celtic's squad. 

31 players in Rangers' squad.

30 players in Hearts' squad.

Source: transfermarkt

Difference being, they're sitting joint top of the league with 9 points from 3 games and we're joint bottom and very lucky to have 1 point from 3 games. 

Edited by Sagan

2 minutes ago, Sagan said:

Difference being, they're sitting joint top of the league with 9 points from 3 games and we're joint bottom and very lucky to have 1 point from 3 games. 

So you think we should cut our squad further to catch up with them? With our injury record? 

10 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

37 players in Celtic's squad. 

31 players in Rangers' squad.

30 players in Hearts' squad.

Source: transfermarkt

30 in Hamiltons squad

If we are ever to have any chance of challenging for anything in this league, we need a big squad. I would have thought was obvious by now, especially after last season when we had a run of injuries that blew the wheels clean off our wagon. The issue is teh quality of the players, which I optimistically think has been addressed this summer.

32 minutes ago, Pants Shaton said:

I’m looking forward to us picking up maximum points with a couple of good performances.  Firstly, because I’m a Hearts fan and second, to see gobshites like Mackay pop back in their box.  

At  least he’s spreading his ire beyond his personal beef with Levein. Diversifying.

This this this.

35 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

I would have said that it's fairly hard to agree with the majority of what he says.

GorgieRules22
2 minutes ago, graygo said:

I would have said that it's fairly hard to agree with the majority of what he says.

Do you think we competed against Celtic or just looked to contain them ?

Do you disagree with the part that we have a really good squad ?

Do you disagree with the fact that we should be doing better ?

38 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Gary’s a good lad, but **** me he can slaver.  Moaning about having a large squad, yet probably moaning about the number of injuries as well.

He's right about quality over quantity though. It's not that long ago that CL was saying he was going to bring in one or two signings and here he is about to make number eight for this window.

3 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

So you think we should cut our squad further to catch up with them? With our injury record? 

No, i dont. 

I don't have a problem with that many players if they're good enough. 

Question is, are they good enough?

If so, why are we underperforming? 

The Internet
2 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

He's right about quality over quantity though. It's not that long ago that CL was saying he was going to bring in one or two signings and here he is about to make number eight for this window.

Eight is an entirely normal amount of signings to make in a summer window. It's less than any of last seasons top 6 other than kilmarnock. Which of our signings this summer would you say aren't good enough? 

17 minutes ago, Sagan said:

You think that the reason for that, is the fact we have 30 players? 🙃

The way we are run there is no danger of us paying out what we cant afford, biggest problem is keeping all the players happy.

7 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Agree with quality over quantity, but would prefer it if Gary would at least wait until after the window has closed as I suspect we’ll let between 5-10 leave permanently or on loan.  

Absolute Scenes
42 minutes ago, allyby said:

John Spence

Sorry if I offend, but....Are you really that simple?

You think Anne Budge, an award winning business woman, is allowing our manager to have 2 salaries? 2???

The comments section of the evening news articles is like seeing the folk down at Cowgate at 3 am in the morning

1 minute ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

You think that the reason for that, is the fact we have 30 players? 🙃

They have better players, better coaches and a better managers. 

That's why they're at the top of the league. It's that Simple. 

Levein oot! 

15 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

If we are ever to have any chance of challenging for anything in this league, we need a big squad. I would have thought was obvious by now, especially after last season when we had a run of injuries that blew the wheels clean off our wagon. The issue is teh quality of the players, which I optimistically think has been addressed this summer.

This maybe obvious to you but how do you come to this illogical reasoning?

Absolute Scenes
23 minutes ago, Sagan said:

What teams had Celtic and Aberdeen in the first 3 games?