Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Pasquale for King

• AJAMBO

• Spellczech

Fozzyonthefence
4 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

“Former hoops star”. Rag. 

He left them at what age?  Who writes pish like that?!

1 minute ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Can someone post the article, I’m not clicking on that shite.

Doesn’t say anything not said in the hickey thread. Man City interest in jan, offering £1.5 million, he’d be loaned back to us. City and hearts have a bond now. Also says hickey is a former hoops star. 

Edited by busby1985

Just now, busby1985 said:

Doesn’t say anything not said in the hickey thread. Man City interest in jan, offering £1.5 million, he’d be loaned back to us. City and hearts have a bond now. Also says hickey is a former hoops star. 

Doesn't sound like much of a bond if they are offering £1.5m. I’m guessing that figure is plucked from some weegie ’s arsehole anyway.

Sexton Hardcastle

Utter garbage. Surprised they didn’t plug that story this time last week. Usually the way when we go into an old firm game.

2 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Doesn't sound like much of a bond if they are offering £1.5m. I’m guessing that figure is plucked from some weegie ’s arsehole anyway.

Yip, the same arsehole that thinks he’s more of a former hoops star than a current hearts star. 

5 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Yip, the same arsehole that thinks he’s more of a former hoops star than a current hearts star. 

Just had a wee google of him. Fat Celticky moron, by all accounts. Quoted figure probably what Celtic would try and pick him up for.

I'm sorry but Hearts should not be cosying up to a team owned by a wholly corrupt state in the first place. They have also had no hesitation in trying to dodge financial fair play rules on several occasions. How does this fit with the supposedly principled approach of the club? 

Seemingly depending who you read here Hickey isn't ready etc. I read a member post that small talk happened during a recent youth event at the Orium with man city interested in hickey. No bid was made was interest from Celtic too again not an approach but an interest. Interested if they want to do a loan deal with us for Ryotaro. No interest in selling Hickey till he can walk into the starting line up of one of the Top clubs who i believe will be watching him . £20M

38 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Utter garbage. Surprised they didn’t plug that story this time last week. Usually the way when we go into an old firm game.

JKB exclusive 

Should be giving due credit 

Probably lifted the story straight off here. Wouldn’t surprise me if wankers like McGregor have accounts on all the message boards and forums of clubs in scotland. Saves them having to do any real work.

When is he contracted to?  I understand we can't currently offer him an extended contract because of his age.

It seems like our options are...

Wait until he is 18 and hope he signs a contract extension.  If not, he can see his current contract out and walk for a development fee.

Strike a deal now that gives us a chunk of money while allowing us to hold onto the player.

If the Man City offer includes a sell on clause, then maybe it's not a bad deal.  It's all very well thinking that he might fetch us £5m or more one day, but just as likely we end up getting a few hundred thousand as a development fee.

It might not actually be the worst model to follow, if we can develop relationships with top sides in England and establish a reputation for bringing through young talent. 

At the moment it seems like our approach is to try and hold onto the players for 150 games or so then sell them for big bucks, while risking them letting their contracts run down and leaving for a pittance.

If we can sell for a decent fee while they are still at a young age, retain them on loan and include a sell on fee, then we get the benefit of an immediate return on our investment, which far exceeds any development fee, while also being able to retain the player for another season or two, and benefit from a share of any future transfer fee.

Notts 1874. Your name is familiar i remember a post here regarding Man city and the Orium Hickey conversation 

Edited by AJAMBO

2 minutes ago, RobNox said:

When is he contracted to?  I understand we can't currently offer him an extended contract because of his age.

It seems like our options are...

Wait until he is 18 and hope he signs a contract extension.  If not, he can see his current contract out and walk for a development fee.

Strike a deal now that gives us a chunk of money while allowing us to hold onto the player.

If the Man City offer includes a sell on clause, then maybe it's not a bad deal.  It's all very well thinking that he might fetch us £5m or more one day, but just as likely we end up getting a few hundred thousand as a development fee.

It might not actually be the worst model to follow, if we can develop relationships with top sides in England and establish a reputation for bringing through young talent. 

At the moment it seems like our approach is to try and hold onto the players for 150 games or so then sell them for big bucks, while risking them letting their contracts run down and leaving for a pittance.

If we can sell for a decent fee while they are still at a young age, retain them on loan and include a sell on fee, then we get the benefit of an immediate return on our investment, which far exceeds any development fee, while also being able to retain the player for another season or two, and benefit from a share of any future transfer fee.

I think Hickey signed a 3 year deal in june-july I may be wrong though

5 minutes ago, AJAMBO said:

Notts 1874. Your name is familiar i remember a post here regarding Man city and the Orium Hickey conversation 

I have a name you find difficult to forget

Tynecastlesmychurch
1 hour ago, busby1985 said:

“Former hoops star”. Rag. 

This. 

He's a Hearts academy product. He spent about a year with celtic. He left celtic and came back to us because he felt he'd have a better chance at developing here. Anyway before his year with them he was in our academy. He made the right choice to return as he's already developing and improving as a player with us rapidly. And he's starting to atract the attention of other clubs. He got his brake with us. And he's probably going to make us a fortune. 

On the Intrest. I'm not worried at all. As with Souttar. We don't need to sell. And we won't until we're happy too. Hopefully we get a good 10 million for him. But we'll have to wait and see!

4 minutes ago, Tynecastlesmychurch said:

This. 

He's a Hearts academy product. He spent about a year with celtic. He left celtic and came back to us because he felt he'd have a better chance at developing here. Anyway before his year with them he was in our academy. He made the right choice to return as he's already developing and improving as a player with us rapidly. And he's starting to atract the attention of other clubs. He got his brake with us. And he's probably going to make us a fortune. 

On the Intrest. I'm not worried at all. As with Souttar. We don't need to sell. And we won't until we're happy too. Hopefully we get a good 10 million for him. But we'll have to wait and see!

He has no intention of going to Celtic.

50 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

I have a

19 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

name you find difficult to forget

I see

3 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Can someone post the article, I’m not clicking on that shite.

Nothing you didn’t already know pal

Tynecastlesmychurch
1 hour ago, Notts1874 said:

I didn't think he did? Apologies if what I said gave the impression that's what I was implying. My point was about the media making him out to be an ex celtic player. When that's not the case.

Seymour M Hersh
7 hours ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Only worth wiping your hoop with.

I doubt it's any use for that either. The sooner that rag goes out of business the better. 

shaun.lawson

1. Hearts invest in women's football and recruit technical director from Man City women

2. Sun hack highlights the "close links" which don't actually exist between Hearts and Man City

3. Sun hack makes up a story about City wanting 17-year-old Hearts player, and invents price tag

The Sun hack's gotta pay the bills, after all. :rolleyes: 

3 hours ago, sadj said:

Nothing you didn’t already know pal

Yep, all except the quoted £1.5m. That had better be McGregor’s creative license. 

I would rather he was sold to smaller club like Everton and had a big sell on clause because the fee we get for him could be sweetie money compared to his next move. 

jack D and coke
2 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Looks a better prospect than Tierney...

Bit premature that mate no? He’s played about 7 games for us. 

I agree he looks good at this early stage but Tierney has had a few good seasons, Hickey has a way to go yet. 

If true , then we need to look at a bigger picture. We retain him on loan for a good few years and get a fee. Sell on clause ? Not many will choose to leave City so who knows about that.

Other up side is possibility of getting some City boys on loan ourselves.

Its a funny old world now. We risk losing players for nothing with contracts running down. The days of the likes of Craig Gordon and McGinn over the city getting us a lot of money are few and very far between.

Hickey looks a very very good prospect. For me the best youngster I’ve seen in quite a long time here at Tynecastle. The Glasgow uglies may well sniff about at some point - well , try

Edited by 1971fozzy

Would rather he go there then Celtic, which was rumored. 

Its would be a good result for the youth academy if we start selling players for over 6 figures to the EPL. 

Even if we did sell him for an appropriate fee to the likes of City, chances are he would be loaned right back to us. 

Wont happen any time soon in my opinion though (unless absolutely crazy money is offered). 

He’ll know himself that he’s at a great club to play regularly and develop. 

Given the source of this ‘story’, I wouldn’t pay too much attention to it.