• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hueyview

• Morgan

• Bazzas right boot

• E6 Inc

3 minutes ago, alicante jambo said:

Yeah i know but got to stay positive. Must be the scottish air making me feel like this. 

fair play then - I suppose stranger things have happened!

2 hours ago, Gavman81 said:

Two draws and a win in the cup will see Levein entrusted with even more time to fire us up the league.

:)

1 hour ago, Kiwidoug said:

If we were to lose 4-0 on Saturday, would AB maintain her wall of silence?

No she would just reiterate that he's doing a good job

10 hours ago, Sagan said:

Should make this thread a sticky. 

Next 4 league games...

and repeat.

Absolutely, but why stop there, let’s give him 5 years so he can see out another 5 yr plan

58 minutes ago, E6 Inc said:

I'm revising my original prediction.

Zero. We will take zero points from these four games.

We already took 1 from the originally mentioned 4 games. We'll get **** all else though

9 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Christ this day goes from bad to worse :phface:

Just wait until Craig Levein leads us to a severe thrashing of the Vermin at Fester next week.

You’ll be feeling better then.  :thumbsup:

16 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Just wait until Craig Levein leads us to a severe thrashing of the Vermin at Fester next week.

You’ll be feeling better then.  :thumbsup:

Promise??

Just now, Morgan said:

Scouts honour.

Admirable but I feel you may be on your own with that sentiment.

The happy clapper wall seems to have collapsed at last.

On 14/09/2019 at 17:54, hueyview said:

My target of 6 points from ,12 seems a distant memory.....

Got this as a draw against Hibs...  But both teams are dire just now...

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/08/2019 at 14:49, TheOak88 said:

Just can’t see us putting a run together unless the new players Perreira, Whelan and Damour really hit the ground running. 

Can genuinely see us is only taking 5 points from those 4 games.

Hamilton (W)

Motherwell (D)

Hibs (D)

St Mirren (L)

Excuses will be made, and we will move onto the next set of “winnable” fixtures. 

Called it a month ago. 5 points from these four “winnable” fixtures. 

Crazy how many people on this thread through we would be getting 8+ points from these fixtures given our form over the past 10 months. 

7 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Crazy how many people on this thread through we would be getting 8+ points from these fixtures given our form over the past 10 months. 

Can't we just blacklist the past and move on to another 4 game "winnable" fixture list?  

2 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Can't we just blacklist the past and move on to another 4 game "winnable" fixture list?  

No doubt the jammy wearing #wegoagain crowd will blank this thread and pretend it never happened. 

7 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

We will have Tosh telling us the now if we win next week and then do this and then do that we will be back up to only 6 points from 4th. 

7 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

No doubt the jammy wearing #wegoagain crowd will blank this thread and pretend it never happened. 

Yes, as one infamous troll pointed out earlier, we didn't lose any ground on Celtic, still only about 15 points or so behind now. Onwards and upwards..

1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Yes, as one infamous troll pointed out earlier, we didn't lose any ground on Celtic, still only about 15 points or so behind now. Onwards and upwards..

Loved that line. 

Stuff like that really exposes folk like him for the wind-up merchants they really are. Lowlife. 

4 minutes ago, rick witter said:

We will have Tosh telling us the now if we win next week and then do this and then do that we will be back up to only 6 points from 4th. 

All sounds a bit Levein-esque tbh Rick.  All the goals we concede are "mistakes " which, logically followed through, mean that every goal we score result from opposition "mistakes"

On 26/08/2019 at 15:49, TheOak88 said:

Just can’t see us putting a run together unless the new players Perreira, Whelan and Damour really hit the ground running. 

Can genuinely see us is only taking 5 points from those 4 games.

Hamilton (W)

Motherwell (D)

Hibs (D)

St Mirren (L)

Excuses will be made, and we will move onto the next set of “winnable” fixtures. 

1 hour ago, TheOak88 said:

Brilliant, I'm really pleased for you.

You were spot on with how we'd get the points as well so no wonder you're so chuffed.

1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

Loved that line. 

Stuff like that really exposes folk like him for the wind-up merchants they really are. Lowlife. 

This

40 minutes ago, Coolio said:

Brilliant, I'm really pleased for you.

You were spot on with how we'd get the points as well so no wonder you're so chuffed.

Think you have misread. Didn’t get the sequence of results correct. Just the number of points. 

On 25/08/2019 at 17:08, allystrachan said:

Aim =12 points

settle for = 10 points

minimum required = 9 points

not good enough = any less than 9

I still agree with my previous thoughts. 

Its not been good enough. It’s not even been close. 

On 12/09/2019 at 18:21, Gavman81 said:

Two draws and a win in the cup will see Levein entrusted with even more time to fire us up the league.

Need the win against killie, and a performance, try get the fans all  behind the team,🤞🇶🇦🇱🇻🇶🇦🇱🇻🇶🇦🇱🇻

6 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

The next 4 games are killie, Rangers, Livingston and st. Johnstone.

I see a similar points haul to the last 4. 

Killie did us twice at Tynie last year, Rangers looks a bit above us, Livingston we couldn’t beat last year and away to st. Johnstone and, who knows, probably not won there for 10 years!

We really have the feel of a bottom 6 side and it appears we’re becoming quite accepting of that

I think 9 has to be the target, with rangers being the 0 points. 

10 would be excellent

7 ok-ish, depending on circumstances. 

39 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Thank **** for the cup semis so the Celtic league game is postponed otherwise we'd be completely goosed 😐🤣

2 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

Killie did us twice at Tynie last year, Rangers looks a bit above us, Livingston we couldn’t beat last year and away to st. Johnstone and, who knows, probably not won there for 10 years!

We really have the feel of a bottom 6 side and it appears we’re becoming quite accepting of that

Realistic - 4pts

Optimistic - 7pts

Fantastic 9-12pts

The last 4 games have shown zero improvement really. No coincidence that the hungriest players on the park yesterday were those who played every minute of last week. Smith, Hickey, Whelan, Mulraney and especially Big Uche were still showing at the end yesterday while a fair chunk of the others were happy to hide behind the premeditated excuse of being tired after 3 games in 6 days, even although it was 7 days. 

Edited by Shaggy2

3 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

Can see this as....

Killie... Draw

Rangers...  Draw

Livingston... Win

St Johnstone... Draw

So predicting 6 points again......  one better than previous 4 games...

37 minutes ago, hueyview said:

Can see this as....

Killie... Draw

Rangers...  Draw

Livingston... Win

St Johnstone... Draw

‘Why do you think we will draw with rangers ?

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

The teams displays are so up and down now, I can see the players raising their game. as in the recent derby....

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

He is an optimist and is a member of the Levein Defence League.

6 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

Thats not a nice run of games is it. Hope I am wrong but could see us struggling in those games. Reckon it could be as few as 3 points over those 4 games. 

Killi (D)

Rangers (L)

Livi (D)

St J (D)

8 minutes ago, troy said:

People seem to be settling for a bottom 6 finish at best ,one win in 14 

I think people are starting to accept Levein will be here until the end of the season when his contract won’t be renewed. 

Expectations I would say are now that we are on course for another 6th placed finish. 

Maybe just maybe the injuries stop and we get a run from November on with a proper squad. Levein figures out a formation and we stick to it with minimal tinkering. 

Doubt it but just maybe. 

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, hueyview said:

Can see this as....

Killie... Draw

Rangers...  Draw

Livingston... Win

St Johnstone... Draw

1 win, 2 draws and 1 defeat wouldn't Suprise either. 

I'd be looking at a home win v Killie, a win v saints. 

Rangers are on form, but If we have a few players back and we turn up we can get something, hibs just drew with Celtic for example. 

Livi away is a tough one, they've been decent. 

50/50 that one, but we should be looking for a win. 

I think as results have generally shown a you  can beat anyone from one week to the next. 

Drawing away with odd win and a 2/3 or there abouts win ratio at home is what I'd like just now. 

The league is very tight and our Injuries are not helping us at all to gain consistency, confidence and ultimately results. It's pissing me off tbh. 

Be good if we could break that trend and put a run together. 

In short tho, I think it's a bit more simple - We need to start winning at home. 

Actually a real possibility of sitting on one victory out of eleven games in a few weeks. At best, possibly three victories if we beat Killie and maybe one of the away games v St J/Livi. Absolutely pathetic whatever way you slice it. With the continued tinkering with team selection and policy of playing players out of position we will never see a sustained run of decent form and football again until Levein is away. 

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

I think people are starting to accept Levein will be here until the end of the season when his contract won’t be renewed. 

Expectations I would say are now that we are on course for another 6th placed finish. 

Maybe just maybe the injuries stop and we get a run from November on with a proper squad. Levein figures out a formation and we stick to it with minimal tinkering. 

Doubt it but just maybe. 

Who is finishing above us? 

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Who is finishing above us? 

Who knows. But we’ve won one league game this season.  And won one in 6 league games at Tynecastle. That was against Stenhousemuir which was a struggle. 

Sixth would be a good outcome at this rate. 

I agree though the standard outside the OF is truly awful this year.  Finishing 6th amongst this lot would be an utter disgrace.  

Bazzas right boot
21 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

Who knows. But we’ve won one league game this season.  And won one in 6 league games at Tynecastle. That was against Stenhousemuir which was a struggle. 

Sixth would be a good outcome at this rate. 

I agree though the standard outside the OF is truly awful this year.  Finishing 6th amongst this lot would be an utter disgrace.  

Unsure if the standard is awful, I think it is quite competitive, which is a good thing. 

The standard is Not more awful or better in general from what I've witnessed in my lifetime. 

I can't see Ross county, livi or Motherwell maintaining any season long form imo, but they may Suprise. 

Aberdeen will no doubt be more conistant and I think we will too.

Hopefully the last week is a start and a platform to build on.