Next Four League Games

E6 Inc

Sierra Delta

Critical time for Levein really. Don't perform in the next 4 games and the atmosphere around Tynecastle will be pretty unpleasant (it arguably already is). 

As an absolute minimum we should be winning the 2 home league games. The other 2 are a bit trickier, but we've generally been quite good against Aberdeen at Tynecastle and anything could happen in the derby really. 

I'll go WWDD, with Hearts winning AET in the cup. 

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hueyview

• Morgan

• Bazzas right boot

• E6 Inc

34 minutes ago, martoon said:

H. Hamilton

H. Motherwell 

A. Hibernian 

H. Aberdeen (LC) 

Predictions please and the consequences if yours come to pass. 

W 2-1

D 2-2

D 0-0

W 2-1

A sequence I'd readily accept and that would buy CL a bit of breathing space.

Edit: oops, just noticed the other similar thread. 

3-1

1-1

1-1

2-1 

42 minutes ago, leginten said:

Really?

At least two more games against Celtic to come. Three or four against Rangers. Two trips to Easter Road. Another trip to Pittodrie.

And that’s obviously not counting any cup games we might play against these teams.

Home advantage isn’t really something you can factor in at the moment given how poorly we are currently playing at Tynecastle.

The games against the bigger teams are as much our bread and butter as any other fixtures. They will be coming thick and fast throughout the season. We need to start performing in them.

This is how far we’ve fallen. You accept games v Hibs, Celtic and Rangers are the toughies but we’d be licking our lips approaching these matches years ago, esp at  Tynie. Now they are used as an excuse. 

Most times we’d have the cushion of winning a set of bog standard matches before these games but we are as stuttery in those matches as we are in “Cat A” games. 

Not a great concoction for longer term form. 

6 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

This is how far we’ve fallen. You accept games v Hibs, Celtic and Rangers are the toughies but we’d be licking our lips approaching these matches years ago, esp at  Tynie. Now they are used as an excuse. 

Most times we’d have the cushion of winning a set of bog standard matches before these games but we are as stuttery in those matches as we are in “Cat A” games. 

Not a great concoction for longer term form. 

Really!

What alternate universe are you from?

Hibs - yes. Celtic and Rangers - take a reality check!

3 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Really!

What alternate universe are you from?

Hibs - yes. Celtic and Rangers - take a reality check!

Point I’m making, is we didn’t make excuses before these matches. 

We've always taken plenty defeats from the old firm but the universe we used to live in meant we weren’t submitting before playing them. 

Now, these games are written off as if they don’t matter.  

I'm hoping for no excuses football Hearts to win all 4.  12 for 1 against. And us all to forgive forget and put the passion into match day support. Don't sing naughty songs. We are alive debating and I love it get to know the smoke from the fire

4 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Point I’m making, is we didn’t make excuses before these matches. 

We've always taken plenty defeats from the old firm but the universe we used to live in meant we weren’t submitting before playing them. 

Now, these games are written off as if they don’t matter.  

I don't think we are submitting before the games. With a bit more luck we might have taken something on Sunday. 

The reality is though that even Rangers (rightly or wrongly) can now far outspend us on both fees and wages. Not to mention bent referees.

That's just where we are. And I don't see it ever changing.

allystrachan
1 hour ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

What happens if we tie the first two games 0-0 but miss 5 penalties in each with the opposition having no shots on goal.

Then the next two games we win both 8-0.

Only 8 points. What a conundrum we'd be in.

You think missing 10 penalties is acceptable?

I will worry about that conundrum when we are 8 up in the second game & get back you you once it’s happened. Lol

23 hours ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

Anything less than 9 is unacceptable.

Would agree with that. We have to win the 2 home games and a draw and win in the 2 aways, so 10 points then

TyphoonJambo

12 points and at least 10 goals, the majority of them at the methadome. 

Edited by TypoonJambo

alwaysthereinspirit
8 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

12 points and at least 10 goals, the majority of them at the methadome. 

Three 1 - 0's and a 7 - 0 it is then. They say 5 - 1 didnt kill them. 7 - 0 would close them down for ever.

Never mind next 4 fixtures.   If they do not defeat Hamilton confidently then I doubt they will beat anyone.  For confidence they must come away from ER with a result.  This game will be make or break for me.  

Who is the shittier Levein or Heckinbottom? Tough choice, but it has to be the latter for full bodied shiteness.

I'm not looking as far ahead as the St Mirren league game yet, but next three league games and the Cup could see things swing either way for Levein. Lose them or draw them then he should really be out the door. Win them and the Cup game we could realistically be sitting in 3rd (with the way teams are beating each other just now) and in Semi-final and it will look like he is doing a decent job. For the record, I think we may do ok from those games, but I'm always foolishly optimistic 🤞

Edited by robbo010

Two home games against what we should see as fodder. 

Any game against the vermin should be a three point banker for us, home or away.

St Midden away, we shouldn't be contemplating losing. 

Home to Aberdeen in the cup should equal home win. 

Anything less than 10 points and a cup semi final isn't going to be acceptable or defendable. I like Levein alot, but he's used all of his get out of jail free cards. 

On 25/08/2019 at 16:36, E6 Inc said:

Hamilton (H)

Motherwell (H)

Wee Team (A)

St Midden (A)

After 3 games we are bottom. We've had tough games in Celtic and Aberdeen away but next 4 are all very winnable. 

We need to be taking a min of 9. With our current form I reckon we'll take less than 6.

4 games is a tough call considering we've only won 4 games in 2019 

On 26/08/2019 at 16:51, Tasavallan said:

Never mind next 4 fixtures.   If they do not defeat Hamilton confidently then I doubt they will beat anyone.  For confidence they must come away from ER with a result.  This game will be make or break for me.  

Who is the shittier Levein or Heckinbottom? Tough choice, but it has to be the latter for full bodied shiteness.

It shows how far we’ve sunk that we’re arguing who’s worse, Levein or Heckingbottom 

5 minutes ago, TurboT said:

It shows how far we’ve sunk that we’re arguing who’s worse, Levein or Heckingbottom 

The hibs manager will be gone soon while we do nothing because hes doing a great job.

On 26/08/2019 at 15:10, Longshanks said:

Doesn't really matter anymore, could lose all 4 and nothing will change.  The usual injury excuses will be rolled out and we will just plod along.  

I would take 6 points from those games right now (including derby victory) 

I would now happily take 4 points please 

On 25/08/2019 at 17:08, allystrachan said:

Aim =12 points

settle for = 10 points

minimum required = 9 points

not good enough = any less than 9

Acceptable by Budge = 0

On 26/08/2019 at 15:20, hueyview said:

A win and three draws..... 6 points in whichever order.

Sticking with this total... 

We last won 30th March in the league. A record only slightly glossed by cup wins during the same spell.

We simply don't look like winning league games under the current set-up albeit the first half cup tie at Motherwell shows what can be achieved.

We will struggle badly against Motherwell at home (Predict draw), Hobbits away (Hard fought draw) and narrow win at Home to Aberdeen in the cup.

7 minutes ago, sjh1874 said:

We last won 30th March in the league. A record only slightly glossed by cup wins during the same spell.

We simply don't look like winning league games under the current set-up albeit the first half cup tie at Motherwell shows what can be achieved.

We will struggle badly against Motherwell at home (Predict draw), Hobbits away (Hard fought draw) and narrow win at Home to Aberdeen in the cup.

These were the results i had envisaged............

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

I said 9 the absolute minimum. If we achieve that there will be no praise for Craig Levein. His time is up and Ann allowing him to continue shows her as weak.

12 minutes ago, sjh1874 said:

😂😂

I’d take your hand off for that right now !

1 hour ago, sjh1874 said:

Would be happy if we get those results as if would take us to another semi final.

Given we were played off the park by Ross county and should have probably lost to Hamilton, I'm not so sure. 

letsalldothebeattie

On current form I can see this being 4 defeats. If we somehow manage to change managers during this run then maybe that could change but not holding my breath 

2 hours ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

I said 9 the absolute minimum. If we achieve that there will be no praise for Craig Levein. His time is up and Ann allowing him to continue shows her as weak.

He says something at half time, we come out and are dreadful, he's not motivating these, who in the main, are good players.

Ann Budge has done well for us as a company, first and foremost, we are football club/team. None of us support a company ?

Bazzas right boot
On 26/08/2019 at 16:16, bobskeldon said:

Draw

Draw

Draw

Loss

I'm most confident of the Aberdeen game tbh. 

2 hours ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

On current form I can see this being 4 defeats. If we somehow manage to change managers during this run then maybe that could change but not holding my breath 

We drew the first one of the four, so that might be a tad difficult.

On 03/09/2019 at 14:33, hueyview said:

These were the results i had envisaged............

Had this down as a draw, but get the feel now a win may be on the cards...  No odds as yet. 

On 10/09/2019 at 12:41, hueyview said:

Had this down as a draw, but get the feel now a win may be on the cards...  No odds as yet. 

Hearts 10/11 with Hills...  tempting, to re-ignite season.

H. Motherwell  1 - 2 L

A. Hibernian    0 - 0 D 

H. Aberdeen (LC)  0 - 2 L

Not even Bob Holness could give us a "W" under Levein

alicante jambo
Just now, Morgan said:

:thumbsup: That would do nicely too.

Would be great. They are all winnable games and could turn our whole season around. Its about time we gave hibs a proper scelping mate.

Just now, alicante jambo said:

Would be great. They are all winnable games and could turn our whole season around. Its about time we gave hibs a proper scelping mate.

Yep, especially on their own patch.