Next Four League Games

E6 Inc

Sexton Hardcastle

Seven points. Home wins and not to lose away.

Our away record and performances will be as they always have been for the past 5/6 years. Hibs are shite but it’s a derby so will be scrappy. St mirren seem fairly organised at home demonstrated by the dons and rangers scores.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hueyview

• Morgan

• Bazzas right boot

• E6 Inc

I genuinely can’t see us beating Hamilton and Motherwell at home.

Our home form for the past two seasons has been chronic and based on our form this season at home with only one win against Stenhousemuir, I can’t see it changing.

4 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

6 minimum. 

9/10 good

12 not impossible, we need to win the two home games, do that and we'll hit the other two with confidence. 

Whilst 12 isn’t impossible that would equal the total number of league wins in 2019 and I just can’t see it. 

Happy to be proved wrong but I reckon 5 points, a win, two draws and a defeat. 

1 minute ago, To Be Frank said:

Bare minimum with this squad should be eight points.

We’ve just been beaten by a “weak Celtic team” apparently. These next four fixtures might even be harder than that. ☹️

2 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

We’ve just been beaten by a “weak Celtic team” apparently. These next four fixtures might even be harder than that. ☹️

The Celtic team isn’t great. They still have an 8m striker on their books and are paying 2 & 3m for these players, it’s not as good a team as it was 12 months ago under Brenda but I think up you know that. 

Its a being managed by a truly woeful manager who is pretty shit tactically with apparent squad unrest and a team that Sevco will be looking at and thinking is beatable to the league. 

4 hours ago, merseyjambo said:

The Celtic team isn’t great. They still have an 8m striker on their books and are paying 2 & 3m for these players, it’s not as good a team as it was 12 months ago under Brenda but I think up you know that. 

Its a being managed by a truly woeful manager who is pretty shit tactically with apparent squad unrest and a team that Sevco will be looking at and thinking is beatable to the league. 

I just don’t see the value in pretending a rival team is shite, when they aren’t. Celtic are a very good team at this level. They have a strike force consisting of Scotland International Leigh Griffiths, the guy who scored against us who’s been injured most of last season, and £12m man; Eduoard. 

Sevco? They have improved massively. Money talks I’m afraid. They’ve got Jermaine DeFoe playing for them, and a squad of players who take home many multiples of what we can afford to pay ours.

At our level, Celtic and Rangers are lightyears ahead now. It’s not brilliant having to admit that, but just pretending they are weak doesn’t do anything.

14 hours ago, OTT said:

Thats 4 wins. 

Anything short of that isn't good enough. 

Its not up for debate. Anything short of 12 points needs answers. About time there was a bit of accountability and ambition on the footballing side. We have serious experience in this squad, Its about ****ing time they started acting like it. 

This.

A_A wehatethehibs

The next 4 games are not huge, they make no difference. Who cares. 

Realistically it’ll be 1 win 1 draw and 2 defeats, 4 points from 12 

We will probably narrowly win 2-1 against Hamilton, then the happy clappers will be out in force saying “a wins a win, onwards and upwards” then we will draw, then we’ll lose at ER then we’ll maybe get another draw but probably lose. 

Edited by A_A wehatethehibs

Finlay James
20 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

The next 4 games are not huge, they make no difference. Who cares. 

Realistically it’ll be 1 win 1 draw and 2 defeats, 4 points from 12 

We will probably narrowly win 2-1 against Hamilton, then the happy clappers will be out in force saying “a wins a win, onwards and upwards” then we will draw, then we’ll lose at ER then we’ll maybe get another draw but probably lose. 

As much as it pains me, I agree with this.  We just have no spark in the team when Naismith is missing and we seem to sleepwalk most of the time so these next 4 will be tough if he's not back.

I hope that you're wrong though.

A_A wehatethehibs
1 minute ago, Finlay James said:

As much as it pains me, I agree with this.  We just have no spark in the team when Naismith is missing and we seem to sleepwalk most of the time so these next 4 will be tough if he's not back.

I hope that you're wrong though.

Just feeling total apathy toward the club at the moment. Think it’s caused by the hopelessness of knowing that the manager will be going nowhere 

We were the better team against Aberdeen and would have won but for a moment of madness. Losing 3-1 to Celtic away from home is hardly a disgrace.

The Ross County game was shocking fair enough.

The children are calling for 12 points from the next 4 games. It's not going to happen so they may as well throw their toys out of the pram now. 

Meanwhile real supporters will get behind this new team, give them time to settle and reflect on things halfway through the season.

2 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

We were the better team against Aberdeen and would have won but for a moment of madness. Losing 3-1 to Celtic away from home is hardly a disgrace.

The children are calling for 12 points from the next 4 games. It's not going to happen so they may as well throw their toys out of the pram now. 

Meanwhile real supporters will get behind this new team, give them time to settle and reflect on things halfway through the season.

Got as far as your first sentence before I :rofl:

I will try and read the rest later. 

8 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Good post. 

15 hours ago, OTT said:

Thats 4 wins. 

Anything short of that isn't good enough. 

Its not up for debate. Anything short of 12 points needs answers. About time there was a bit of accountability and ambition on the footballing side. We have serious experience in this squad, Its about ****ing time they started acting like it. 

I agree.

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Spoleto said:

He needs results now. 

12/12 is a bit tough, I agree. 

But  after that we have another 2 home games and the lc. 

That's 7 games, 5 at home. 

I think we need 5 wins from the 7.

If it's 2/3 wins only, not even progress in the lc can save him.

I think we'll do it, but we need results now. 

I agree, how a 3-1 defeat to celtic changes anything at all is beyond me. 

3 hours ago, Spoleto said:

Yes. This. 

Levein has until Christmas. We need to be top 5 minimum by then. There are some signs that this team could be good. If it doesn't perform then he has to go. The clock is ticking. 

August Landmesser

At absolute worst we've three points fewer than expected at this stage - I think we'd have been targeting a point from Aberdeen and a home win. Celtic away is a free hit these days. Realistically, with our recent record at Pittodrie, we're only two points worse off, which is a pain but not remotely fatal at this stage. Those are two points that can be regained with unexpected results - a win over either of the OF at Tynie, or a win up at Pittodrie, or draws in Glasgow etc. Also, our direct competitors for 3-6 place (Hibs, Aberdeen, Killie, Motherwell) are also dropping unexpected and silly points all over the shop.

Next four games you'd hope we've targeted 12 points, and will probably get 8-10.  

If we don’t achieve at least half a dozen points out of that lot, there will be a thread on the Monday after the St Mirren game saying the Killie game will be the tipping point.

Whole lot of tipping going on !

The 3 games out with the Hibs games simply must be 9/9.

A derby is always on a knife edge but we should be taking a point at least.

Alex Kintner

Upcoming fixtures:

Home against Hamilton

Home against Motherwell

Away against Hibs

Home against Aberdeen (cup)

Away against St Mirren

Home against Kilmarnock

Great chance to put together a winning run and build up confidence 

loveofthegame
20 hours ago, E6 Inc said:

Hamilton (H)

Motherwell (H)

Wee Team (A)

St Midden (A)

After 3 games we are bottom. We've had tough games in Celtic and Aberdeen away but next 4 are all very winnable. 

We need to be taking a min of 9. With our current form I reckon we'll take less than 6.

In isolation I'd be expecting us to win all of those games... but the thought of us winning 4 games on the spin just feels totally ridiculous right now.

Anything less than 10 points and I'll be pissed off though.

Should be set up to go out and win all these games. The derby will no doubt be a horrible scrappy affair and I wouldn’t be surprised if it finished 0-0 tbh so I’d usually be looking to get at least 10 points from these games. Anything less than 9 points plus progress in the cup is totally unacceptable.

alwaysthereinspirit
21 hours ago, allystrachan said:

Aim =12 points

settle for = 10 points

minimum required = 9 points

not good enough = any less than 9

What happens if we tie the first two games 0-0 but miss 5 penalties in each with the opposition having no shots on goal.

Then the next two games we win both 8-0.

Only 8 points. What a conundrum we'd be in.

Just can’t see us putting a run together unless the new players Perreira, Whelan and Damour really hit the ground running. 

Can genuinely see us is only taking 5 points from those 4 games.

Hamilton (W)

Motherwell (D)

Hibs (D)

St Mirren (L)

Excuses will be made, and we will move onto the next set of “winnable” fixtures. 

Rocky jamboa

Hamilton and Motherwell at home are must wins. Hibs is a must not lose game. We should really be beating st mirren away. 8 points absolute minimum. 

These are make or break games for levein. He's got his own players in so no excuses. 

21 hours ago, Bauld said:

We've played 2 of the 4-5 hardest games we will play all season.

I think we will start picking up wins against these teams.

I certainly fancy Washington to give that hibs defence a shite time of it.

Really?

At least two more games against Celtic to come. Three or four against Rangers. Two trips to Easter Road. Another trip to Pittodrie.

And that’s obviously not counting any cup games we might play against these teams.

Home advantage isn’t really something you can factor in at the moment given how poorly we are currently playing at Tynecastle.

The games against the bigger teams are as much our bread and butter as any other fixtures. They will be coming thick and fast throughout the season. We need to start performing in them.

alwaysthereinspirit
7 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

Hamilton and Motherwell at home are must wins. Hibs is a must not lose game. We should really be beating st mirren away. 8 points absolute minimum. 

These are make or break games for levein. He's got his own players in so no excuses. 

Your wording reads as 10 points minimum.

Doesn't really matter anymore, could lose all 4 and nothing will change.  The usual injury excuses will be rolled out and we will just plod along.  

I would take 6 points from those games right now (including derby victory) 

H. Hamilton

H. Motherwell 

A. Hibernian 

H. Aberdeen (LC) 

Predictions please and the consequences if yours come to pass. 

W 2-1

D 2-2

D 0-0

W 2-1

A sequence I'd readily accept and that would buy CL a bit of breathing space.

Edit: oops, just noticed the other similar thread. 

Edited by martoon

Sometimes it’s hard to believe that we are talking about Heart of Midlothian. As a minimum we should be expecting to win virtually every game at home. Now apparently we cannot beat Dundee Utd, East Fife and Ross County at home. And CL thinks we are on the cusp of being a great team. Nurse!!

No idea. 

I would expect it to be 

W

W

W

L

But i wouldn't be surprised if it was

D

D

W

L

I wouldn't want to be Levein if we lose to hibs. 

Rocky jamboa
18 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Your wording reads as 10 points minimum.

We should but st mirren away isnt a guaranteed 3 points, especially with our crappy away form

8 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

We should but st mirren away isnt a guaranteed 3 points, especially with our crappy away form

Far from it.

The 2-0 defeat there last season was as awful a performance as you could imagine.

Two home victories is a must. That and something from the Derby and we can maybe go into the St Mirren game with a bit more confidence.

alwaysthereinspirit
7 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

We have to hope 10 points minimum. As others have said, Derby's are never guaranteed. No matter form or league position at time of game. 

Motherwell away we looked decent until they scored. One game at a time and it starts with Hamilton. A comfortable win would go a long way as a confidence builder for players and fans alike.