Next Four League Games

E6 Inc

Hamilton (H)

Motherwell (H)

Wee Team (A)

St Midden (A)

After 3 games we are bottom. We've had tough games in Celtic and Aberdeen away but next 4 are all very winnable. 

We need to be taking a min of 9. With our current form I reckon we'll take less than 6.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hueyview

• Morgan

• Bazzas right boot

• E6 Inc

Just now, Gambo said:

Huge for a new manager hopefully.

Wishful thinking. Not going to happen now.

However, I do think if our form continues beyond those four games plus the league cup then that will be the tipping point. 

Mid Calder Jambo

The two away games are going to be tough ones.  St Cheatin Bassas are playing well just now.  Realistically we need no less than nine points.  I reckon 7.

Edited by Mid Calder Jambo

Mid Calder Jambo
4 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Wishful thinking but i wouldn't disagree with the sentiments.

13 minutes ago, E6 Inc said:

Hamilton (H)

Motherwell (H)

Wee Team (A)

St Midden (A)

After 3 games we are bottom. We've had tough games in Celtic and Aberdeen away but next 4 are all very winnable. 

We need to be taking a min of 9. With our current form I reckon we'll take less than 6.

Thats 4 wins. 

Anything short of that isn't good enough. 

Its not up for debate. Anything short of 12 points needs answers. About time there was a bit of accountability and ambition on the footballing side. We have serious experience in this squad, Its about ****ing time they started acting like it. 

7 minutes ago, OTT said:

Thats 4 wins. 

Its not up for debate. Anything short of 12 points needs answers. About time there was a bit of accountability and ambition on the footballing side. We have serious experience in this squad, Its about ****ing time they started acting like it. 

Hearts should be looking to take 12 points, totally agree. 

We won't.

Jambof3tornado

12 points is the target, settle for 10.

Are we bottom of the league coz the table I just saw had killie and us level but us in front coz of the alphabet??

Jackpot

Just now, Jambof3tornado said:

12 points is the target, settle for 10.

Are we bottom of the league coz the table I just saw had killie and us level but us in front coz of the alphabet??

Jackpot

Think we are now second bottom, I created the thread at 3-0.

Next year we should chance our name to AaHearts, just incase the alphabet tries to screw us! 

3 minutes ago, E6 Inc said:

We won't.

Oh yeah, we'll stumble through and maybe manage a win, draw, loss, win and that will be just enough to justify keeping Levein. 

I love the guy, I think having him at the club has been mostly good, but he's not fit to manage us. He'll never win anything with us and I can't see him ever splitting the old firm. Move him back upstairs and see who we can get to come in that will continue the focus on youth, but actually be able to produce a style which gets the ball on the deck which the youngsters can play to. 

We're lacking any style or cohesiveness to our play, and considering he's had absolutely zero obstacles to put this team together (no demands to cut wage bill etc) he has no excuses. 

1 minute ago, OTT said:

Oh yeah, we'll stumble through and maybe manage a win, draw, loss, win and that will be just enough to justify keeping Levein. 

I love the guy, I think having him at the club has been mostly good, but he's not fit to manage us. He'll never win anything with us and I can't see him ever splitting the old firm. Move him back upstairs and see who we can get to come in that will continue the focus on youth, but actually be able to produce a style which gets the ball on the deck which the youngsters can play to. 

We're lacking any style or cohesiveness to our play, and considering he's had absolutely zero obstacles to put this team together (no demands to cut wage bill etc) he has no excuses. 

Completely agree. He's a PHM but cant keep going like this.

I'm convinced we've got a good squad too, whoever comes in doesnt have to rebuild.

9 minutes ago, OTT said:

Cant see him splitting old firm? Hahaha Think your ambition bit high under any management tbf haha

I can barely see us getting top 6 with levein.

8 minutes ago, OTT said:

**** off with move him upstairs, let him pick another cathro aye? 

We've played 2 of the 4-5 hardest games we will play all season.

I think we will start picking up wins against these teams.

I certainly fancy Washington to give that hibs defence a shite time of it.

10 points from these 4 games minimum.

no excuses this is crunch time.

i expected defeats at Pittodrie and Parkhead as they are the hardest grounds to go to along with Ibrox.

if we get poor results in the next 2 home games and cup home game it’s game over.

I fully expect us to get at least 10 points if Naismith and Souttar play in all of them

18 minutes ago, E6 Inc said:

Completely agree. He's a PHM but cant keep going like this.

I'm convinced we've got a good squad too, whoever comes in doesnt have to rebuild.

Never got this PHM patter, thought it was pretty well known he is a Raith rovers fan.

14 minutes ago, J80MBO said:

Cant see him splitting old firm? Hahaha Think your ambition bit high under any management tbf haha

I can barely see us getting top 6 with levein.

:D 

Very fair, cart before the horse and all that. 

Our ultimate goal should be to win the league. otherwise whats the point? Just fold now and be done with it. I don't see Levein ever even getting us close. We can't win in glasgow, hell, we can't even win away (barely at home either).

Need to start interviewing for a new manager. RE another cathro, I don't think Budge would allow another rookie appointment. We can't afford any more **** ups. Job would basically be Moyes's if he wanted it IMO (if the thread at the start of the season had any substance to it in the slightest).

Tynecastlesmychurch
59 minutes ago, Gambo said:

You joking! I'm surprised I don't hear he is unsackable sung regularly from sections of our fans. 

Craigs not going anywhere. The only way he's getting replaced is if we finish 6th (or lower) again. 

And even then I honestly wouldn't be sure. 

Edited by Tynecastlesmychurch

25 minutes ago, HMFC-chris said:

**** off with move him upstairs, let him pick another cathro aye? 

My view is pretty simple man, Levein and the other directors interview for a replacement, if Levein is proving to be an issue during the recruitment process he steps down. At the end of the day, we're a great club most managers would love to manage. We have an engaged an passionate fan base, decent financial resources and a youth academy which will allow less money to be spent on journeymen types. Any manager from down South that has just been canned knows coming in and doing something with us - a cup win, back to back 3rds, actually hitting the group stages in europa league will have good options in returning back to england.

2019, Hearts League results:

Played 20 - Won 4 Lost 12.

The last league win was 30th March.

Current form we'll be doing well if we win one!

We’ve just had 3 important league games and gained one point. 

We cant just pick and choose which games are important after we’ve failed. 

Just now, OTT said:

Thats 4 wins. 

Am all for this never mind this 9 or 7 points shite

2 minutes ago, Scott980612 said:

Anything less than 6 points from Hamilton & Motherwell , he should not be in charge for the derby. 

We will and he will.

Bazzas right boot

6 minimum. 

9/10 good

12 not impossible, we need to win the two home games, do that and we'll hit the other two with confidence. 

48 minutes ago, OTT said:

My view is pretty simple man, Levein and the other directors interview for a replacement, if Levein is proving to be an issue during the recruitment process he steps down. At the end of the day, we're a great club most managers would love to manage. We have an engaged an passionate fan base, decent financial resources and a youth academy which will allow less money to be spent on journeymen types. Any manager from down South that has just been canned knows coming in and doing something with us - a cup win, back to back 3rds, actually hitting the group stages in europa league will have good options in returning back to england.

Fair enough, Aye we are an attractive club but not for managers working under Levein, he should be nowhere near our board imo

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 hour ago, allystrachan said:

Aim =12 points

settle for = 10 points

minimum required = 9 points

not good enough = any less than 9

Would agree with this 

2 hours ago, E6 Inc said:

Hamilton (H)

Motherwell (H)

Wee Team (A)

St Midden (A)

Without predicting which games will tally with which results, I'd predict a win, 2 draws and a loss from those 4. Fans should be in open revolt by then if we're sitting on 6 points after 7 games, if not then we deserve what happens to us.

Edited by Danny Wilde

2 hours ago, Bauld said:

We've played 2 of the 4-5 hardest games we will play all season.

I think we will start picking up wins against these teams.

I certainly fancy Washington to give that hibs defence a shite time of it.

Aberdeen are pretty rotten right now and we got them after European exertions. Taking nothing from that game was poor IMO. 

But you might be right with the rest of your post, I hope so anyway

If we do manage a half decent set of results I don’t think anyone will be expecting it to be convincing. 

I’m thinking a win and 3 draws, maybe 2 and 2, which still wouldn’t be startling given 3 from the 4 opponents should be very beatable. 

Thing is, with every passing week and the continuing inconsistency, there’s not the leeway given by the support which may be there usually. If we’d entered these 4 fixtures on the back of two wins in the league and a previous run of decent-ish form towards the end of last season, the attitude would be different.  

I think the defensive side will sort its self out, it still remains that without Naismith I struggle to see where goals will come from regularly, Washington offers more movement than Uche but its obvious he is similar in terms of finishing ability. 

Take it nobody on here watched St Mirren v Rangers today? That will be a very hard game. Rangers needed a wonder goal and a terrible miss to take 3 points. St Mirren also beat Aberdeen. 8 points probably a realistic target and one which would put us in a decent position. 10+ would be very good.

Hectormasson
4 hours ago, E6 Inc said:

We won't.

How longs it taken us to get 4 league wins ???

4 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

How longs it taken us to get 4 league wins ???

Next 4 games should sort that out!

Getting a wee bit luckier with injuries would be nice and hopefully a good wee Japanese guy to help us along the way

MaroonTorres
2 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

Anything other than a win next weekend and the heat will get turned up on both CL and AB

Lukewarm at most.

1 minute ago, MaroonTorres said:

Lukewarm at most.

Doubt it. If it was a game against Killie or Hibs, there wouldn’t be much change but failure to beat Hamilton and I would imagine that the heat will get turned up

MaroonTorres
Just now, merseyjambo said:

Doubt it. If it was a game against Killie or Hibs, there wouldn’t be much change but failure to beat Hamilton and I would imagine that the heat will get turned up

From some of the fans, yes.

IMO though, CL with be neither up nor down & isn't going to feel massively under pressure. That's the impression I get after every match.

Jurys still out for me on whether or not the statements from Budge are reflective of behind closed doors conversations & expectations. Or if she's just trying to show a united front.

Paisley Jambo
5 hours ago, E6 Inc said:

Hamilton (H)

Motherwell (H)

Wee Team (A)

St Midden (A)

However few it takes to bring about a change of manager will suit me.

He has long, long outstayed any use he ever had.

He will have to be embarrassed out of his role however painful it will be for paying fans to experience.