Morton's 3rd goal, should it have been disallowed

special agent oso

special agent oso

No sorry, a Morton player flicked it on and it went in off a partick defender, but his foot is clearly over the line when he releases the ball.

Edited by special agent oso

Walter Bishop
5 minutes ago, special agent oso said:

No sorry, a Morton player flicked it on and it went in off a partick defender, but his foot is clearly over the line when he releases the ball.

Is part of his foot on the line?

2 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Blurry image but as far as I can tell the prick linesman isn't even looking at the player taking the shy.

I'm happy you use the word shy

John Findlay
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

When did shy get replaced by throw in? 🤷🏼‍♂️

Probably when bye kick got replaced by goal kick 

5 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Blurry image but as far as I can tell the prick linesman isn't even looking at the player taking the shy.

But ref Bobby Madden was. 

2 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

This is why the EPL have VAR, every decision taken is micro examined and criticised. Maybe the prick linesman is busy watching for infringements in the box or watching for tossers diving or whatever else he might have to do.

I am enjoying watching the pundits bitching about VAR ruining the game but they are the very people who scrutinised 6 different camera angles on every query after the game which led to VAR. Be careful what you wish for.

chuck berrys hairline

Boy had been doing it all game my understanding is feet have to be behind the line when taking a throw in. Instance in the first half practically took a step onto pitch then threw the ball 🤨🤣

CloustonHMFC

No it shouldn’t have been. Both feet must be touching or behind the line, it’s a weird way to take a throw in but it’s legal. 

4 hours ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

Boy had been doing it all game my understanding is feet have to be behind the line when taking a throw in. Instance in the first half practically took a step onto pitch then threw the ball 🤨🤣

Like many things to do with football your understanding is incorrect.

Noticed that at the time. VAR would have sorted that ^_^

Only saw the last 30 minutes of that game, but the comeback was ridiculous.