Rangers Ordered to Close Part of Ibrox v Legia

Homme

John Findlay
4 hours ago, busby1985 said:

The real thing people should be querying is why UEFA act but the SFA don’t. The sectarian singing was no worse than it is most weeks yet the SFA do nothing. 

SFA/SPFL. Not got a pair of balls between them. Celtic shit scared of the Green brigade and Rangers just shit scared. Bigotry/sectarianism for both ugly sisters means kerching.

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lovecraft

• RobNox

• Jambof3tornado

• Spellczech

brunoatemyhamster
28 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

image.png.6ab24583c9b8a4d1c9bdc4d99843fb89.png

Someone really should edit them putting 2012 into the cash machines instead of 1690.

Jambof3tornado
19 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Is it sold out. General sale only began yesterday

image.thumb.png.0b5e46883cc5061e012eb69debefec00.png

Sorry, just accepted someones Twitter post as factual ..rookie error.

Still an inconvenience all the same. Plus the banner of shame to be displayed.

Wonder if any fans will do their own display?!?

Jambof3tornado

So during the game in question 3 arrests were made....

None for sectarian chanting.

Police Scotland complicit in all of this too.

What will it take to make football/society change their ways??

3 hours ago, Notts1874 said:

If your first thought is why haven't they done anything about Celtic you are part of the problem.

Hopefully they get the same treatment, ones as bad as the other. When you look at all the incidents and warnings Celtic have had they do seem to have been very lucky with punishments from UEFA. 

Seymour M Hersh

Racist and sectarian abuse come from all areas of that dump so how would they know what section to close? Just heard Gerrard slavering a load of shite on SSN. Three times he said the orcs were the best supporters in the world. Of course he didn't say which world this was. 

3 hours ago, Notts1874 said:

Stop singing those songs please.........please buy our orange strip.

"Or the one with the sash that we release every 3 seasons or so". 

4 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

The most damning comment in the BBC article is the last sentence.

The Scottish FA and Scottish Professional Football League have declined to comment.

Shame on you. 

Yes that's because if they do a large can of worms will be opened that can't be closed. 

Jambof3tornado
9 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Racist and sectarian abuse come from all areas of that dump so how would they know what section to close? Just heard Gerrard slavering a load of shite on SSN. Three times he said the orcs were the best supporters in the world. Of course he didn't say which world this was. 

I assume they will not target the area where the problem exists in greatest numbers. Yes it happens all around the ground but the area where the union bears( think that's what they call themselves, so green brigade wearing red white and blue/orange), is probably the biggest concern.

Lets hope they get themselves in more trouble.

Seymour M Hersh
Just now, Jambof3tornado said:

I assume they will not target the area where the problem exists in greatest numbers. Yes it happens all around the ground but the area where the union bears( think that's what they call themselves, so green brigade wearing red white and blue/orange), is probably the biggest concern.

As night follows day they will. I wonder how the other cheek has managed to escape partial closures? How many fines have they had?

1 hour ago, Phil D. Corners said:

Meh.... it’s less the then 6% of their gate. 

Slap on the wrist IMO. 

At least it’s a start. 

It pretty much a light slap, this kind of thing is going on fairly regular elsewhere in European competition and quite often on a larger scale. 

5 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

I imagine they will do exactly the same on Thursday.

Jambof3tornado
3 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

As night follows day they will. I wonder how the other cheek has managed to escape partial closures? How many fines have they had?

Fingers crossed this is a pivotal moment in the behaviour of the old firm...in Europe at least.

Wish UEFAs response was to send a delegate to the domestic games to review fan behaviour. 

Shut the shithole bastion of biggotry down. 

The SFA are complicit in allowing this to go on so long. They are terrified of taking action. If they had made them play behind closed doors years ago, we won’t have to live with this shite at football matches.

Doctor FinnBarr
17 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

They only sing folk songs!

7 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

The SFA are complicit in allowing this to go on so long. They are terrified of taking action. If they had made them play behind closed doors years ago, we won’t have to live with this shite at football matches.

Sadly they are all too scared of getting their windows smashed, kids abused at school, or random OF ****nuggets hassling them in the street.

Lots of people in Glasgow are defined by which team they support, or another way - which "team" they can show more hatred for.

Tribalism is the most basic example of divide and rule.  England have been doing it for literally centuries.  Look at the mess it has made in Ireland and they are up against a wall trying to resolve the border.

Edited by Lovecraft

FF"s  post stated that a member association can be penalised for these offenses.  Surely turning a blind eye is tantamount to accepting the sectarian bile we are subjected to every week.

No comment is an outrage.

Jambof3tornado
3 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

FF"s  post stated that a member association can be penalised for these offenses.  Surely turning a blind eye is tantamount to accepting the sectarian bile we are subjected to every week.

No comment is an outrage.

I think clubs, our included should be standing up to this but we wont as we need the old firm.

Maybe Ann will push to clean the game up when we have our own house in order.

annushorribilis III
2 hours ago, Phil D. Corners said:

Meh.... it’s less the then 6% of their gate. 

Slap on the wrist IMO. 

At least it’s a start. 

The next punishment - if no behavioural change - is tantamount to a £1 million fine. That's why Rangers spoke out

Independence
6 hours ago, Homme said:

The all-inclusive club have are being punished for racist and sectarian behaviour. They've been ordered to close of around 3000 seats for their home tie v Legia.

Ive waited 63 years or this. Hopefully it's the start of showing that bigotry will be dealt with. Celtic next and we will have to watch out. It is 2019 right?

40 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

I think clubs, our included should be standing up to this but we wont as we need the old firm.

Maybe Ann will push to clean the game up when we have our own house in order.

Problem is that when the idiots in our support see the idiots in the OF support getting away with it, they think "We should also be able to get away with pushing the envelope...". It is self-propagating. This is why the first response of one OF is always "Whataboutery"... The SFA have to take their heads out of the sand and realise that closing section, then whole stadium is the ONLY way to deal with sectarianism...Worst thing is that the way the SFA operate, they would be likely to make Hearts the example rather than either of the OF. This, as much as her own sense of decency and cajones, is why Ann is pro-active  about dealing with Hearts own idiots, and why we should all be supportive of her efforts.

3 minutes ago, YouLetYourClubDie said:

Gerrard has just been quoted as saying that Rangers have the best fans in the world 😂😂

Sure he didn't mean to say they are "out of this World"?

Bazzas right boot

I think it shows up the bias that the SFA have.

Uefa have shown what to do with these idiots.

Back at home the arse heeks  get away with murder while on TV I noticed  teams like hibs and Aberdeen get parts of their stadium shut down on match days  for minor incidents.

Sickening really.

Great thread on twitter, basically discussing what songs they cant sing anymore, quickly realising they can't sing anything anymore 😂

2 minutes ago, farin said:

Maybe 3k empty seats with this banner over them might just sting them enough to think about things. Past history tells us differently though, more likely they’ll circle the wagons over this.  

9891182D-0889-4F2E-9B98-2BE20FDFCD39.jpeg.197ef6b557ccb30f982395a288a2d044.jpeg

This latest censure for a club, while supported, does nothing to change my view of UEFA. 

A banner, which clubs have to display after an infraction, with equal game on it.

Don’t make me ****ing laugh !

Their tournaments reek of inequality and are are designed to favour big clubs at the behest of large corporations.

**** them !

Just now, His name is said:

Great thread on twitter, basically discussing what songs they cant sing anymore, quickly realising they can't sing anything anymore 😂

Do they not do Simply the Best these days? Why would they...?

1 minute ago, Boab said:

This latest censure for a club, while supported, does nothing to change my view of UEFA. 

A banner, which clubs have to display after an infraction, with equal game on it.

Don’t make me ****ing laugh !

Their tournaments reek of inequality and are are designed to favour big clubs at the behest of large corporations.

**** them !

If this was the case then I'm sure Heineken would've wanted Ajax to get a better deal than they do from UEFA... UEFA is controlled by the big leagues delegates not the sponsors. 

stranraer-jambo
49 minutes ago, YouLetYourClubDie said:

Gerrard has just been quoted as saying that Rangers have the best fans in the world 😂😂

Funny that. I am sure I heard him say many times that Liverpool had the best fans in the world. 🤔

SpruceBringsteen

Easy way out for the SFA would be to enshrine a new - league wide - rule that means docked points any time a club is sanctioned by UEFA under the guise of "bringing the Scottish game into disrepute" or suchlike wording. Allows them to say "sorry Pete/Dave, it's out of our hands" whilst doing something postive to eradicate both clubs shite.

They'll do absolutely hee haw, mind.

7 hours ago, busby1985 said:

The real thing people should be querying is why UEFA act but the SFA don’t. The sectarian singing was no worse than it is most weeks yet the SFA do nothing. 

Hope UEFA tuning in a week on Sunday. 

6 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

The most damning comment in the BBC article is the last sentence.

The Scottish FA and Scottish Professional Football League have declined to comment.

Shame on you. 

Dont want to be part of the 3000 that lose their tickets!

been here before

Bears Den is great reading tonight.

Conspicuous of course by their silence are both the SFA and the League.

Both those bodies are as culpable as those belting out the 'traditional' songs. If either of them had had the balls to have tackled (both teams) this 50 years ago this would never have gotten to this stage.

I wonder how big a broom theyll need to brush it all away this weekend when the mutants are belting out their ditties this weekend.

6 hours ago, Notts1874 said:

If your first thought is why haven't they done anything about Celtic you are part of the problem.

100% wrong.

This is actually a fairly legitimate question, you’re just making a crap assumption that folk think this is unfair on Rangers.

The punishment is far too lenient and will make little or no difference to the backwards motherf*ckers that follow them. A stand or ground closure would be a proper wake-up call.

Thinking of the countless fines that Celtic have had in recent times though, why have they not had an order to shut part of their stadium ? That should have happened ages ago and given the frequency of offence could/should arguably be more severe.

Its good to see UEFA coming down hard on this pair but it does raise questions about the SFA’s remit, are they able to enforce ground closures for instance ? Genuine question, I don’t know the answer.

The lack of response from the SFA in this case doesn’t really bother me, it’s a UEFA punishment for a UEFA competition. I just wish they’d be more forthcoming when dealing with domestic competitions.

Edited by meister

21 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

If this was the case then I'm sure Heineken would've wanted Ajax to get a better deal than they do from UEFA... UEFA is controlled by the big leagues delegates not the sponsors. 

No sponsor, no party !

John Findlay
3 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I'm sure the scousers, red half will be happy at that comment

Doctor FinnBarr
41 minutes ago, Rave MacPherson said:

Good enough reason to ban or fine anyone. Folk music is dire

Whiskey in the Jar is ok but Thin Lizzy done it far better as a rock version. The Dhims favourites (Boys of the Old Brigade and Sean South) are.....lets just say I'd certainly never describe them as folk songs. The story of Sean South is well worth looking up to see what a feck up the IRA made up of an attack on a RUC station with one man inside

1 hour ago, YouLetYourClubDie said:

That's sure to go down well on the Kop!

1 hour ago, Spellczech said:

Problem is that when the idiots in our support see the idiots in the OF support getting away with it, they think "We should also be able to get away with pushing the envelope...". It is self-propagating. This is why the first response of one OF is always "Whataboutery"... The SFA have to take their heads out of the sand and realise that closing section, then whole stadium is the ONLY way to deal with sectarianism...Worst thing is that the way the SFA operate, they would be likely to make Hearts the example rather than either of the OF. This, as much as her own sense of decency and cajones, is why Ann is pro-active  about dealing with Hearts own idiots, and why we should all be supportive of her efforts.

:spoton:

Seymour M Hersh
15 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I'm sure the scousers, red half will be happy at that comment

They'll laugh it off as will anyone with a scintilla of knowledge about Rankers MKI & MKII.

P.S. Good result for the bitters tonight keeping it to only 2! :laugh:

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

1 hour ago, Spellczech said:

If the only way to deal with sectarianism is closing sections, why do we continue to give the old firm full allocations at Tynecastle ?

I’ll stick my neck out and say i’m supportive of any initiative that tackles a problem across the board. 

Finance dictates that we don’t seem to be.

I’ll fully support AB in this particular issue when it looks like everyone is treated equally.

15 minutes ago, Boab said:

If the only way to deal with sectarianism is closing sections, why do we continue to give the old firm full allocations at Tynecastle ?

I’ll stick my neck out and say i’m supportive of any initiative that tackles a problem across the board. 

Finance dictates that we don’t seem to be.

I’ll fully support AB in this particular issue when it looks like everyone is treated equally.

Who is responsible for the away fans? I'm not actually sure of the rules - certainly historically , some clubs took their own stewards so this indicates that the away team may be responsible? or is it the police? or the SFA? Or SPL? Probably the home team comes behind all these other organisations, except when it suits Rangers to blame Kilmarnock for their fans misbehaving...

There is a divide and vacillate rule of responsibility in Scottish football, and it allows everyone to blame each other whilst nothing happens and nothing changes... You see if in action whenever something happens in a ground - whether it be violence, sectarian chants and singing, racism, flares and smokebombs...

What Budge does is try to keep her own house in order. Should that mean banning OF and Hibs away fans from Tynecastle? I don't think so. This would leave her open to far more criticism and rightly so. She is Hearts and thus she tries to influence Hearts fans to behave like human beings rather than animals. Like it or not we have some bad apples in our support, and as I say, they are tempted to try to cause outrage for "bantz" or to one-up the OF fans (who they copy and compete with) but they are our problem. Others should be dealing with the OF fans, and if it is not to be the OF themselves which only do lip service, then it has to be the police or governing bodies...

Edited by Spellczech

7 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Who is responsible for the away fans? I'm not actually sure of the rules - certainly historically , some clubs took their own stewards so this indicates that the away team may be responsible? or is it the police? or the SFA? Or SPL? Probably the home team comes behind all these other organisations, except when it suits Rangers to blame Kilmarnock for their fans misbehaving...

There is a divide and vacillate rule of responsibility in Scottish football, and it allows everyone to blame each other whilst nothing happens and nothing changes... You see if in action whenever something happens in a ground - whether it be violence, sectarian chants and singing, racism, flares and smokebombs...

What Budge does is try to keep her own house in order. Should that mean banning OF and Hibs away fans from Tynecastle? I don't think so. This would leave her open to far more criticism and rightly so. She is Hearts and thus she tries to influence Hearts fans to behave like human beings rather than animals. Like it or not we have some bad apples in our support, and as I say, they are tempted to try to cause outrage for "bantz" or to one-up the OF fans (who they copy and compete with) but they are our problem. Others should be dealing with the OF fans, and if it is not to be the OF themselves which only do lip service, then it has to be the police or governing bodies...

Indeed.

The only thing you can do is stop your own kids from being dicks.

If it's other peoples kids, it's usually because their parents are.

Monkey see.....

Edited by Lovecraft

Just now, Spellczech said:

What Budge does is try to keep her own house in order. Should that mean banning OF and Hibs away fans from Tynecastle? I don't think so. This would leave her open to far more criticism and rightly so. She is Hearts and thus she tries to influence Hearts fans to behave like human beings rather than animals. Like it or not we have some bad apples in our support, and as I say, they are tempted to try to cause outrage for "bantz" or to one-up the OF fans (who they copy and compete with) but they are our problem. Others should be dealing with the OF fans, and if it is not to be the OF themselves then who only do lip service then it has to be the police or governing bodies...

Sorry, but i’m not having any of that, mate. There have been threads before about this and the own house in order card is always played. 

It is in our power....it’s our stadium....to dictate how large an away support can be.

If the problem of sectarianism is to be tackled seriously, it needs people like AB to say...no, we’re not having this, we’re closing a section to you because of chants.

Now, why has this not happened ?

I have a, cynical, opinion why !

Put it this way, it’s not because she might get criticised !