Morelos

wanderer

Hard to remember a player as cretinous as this in recent years. Just watched him fall holding his face after getting a hand on his shoulder.

rudi must stay

Legia look poor. World at his feet Aribo missed a good chance there though, I do wonder what difference Gerrard has made, I don't think he has made that much

Салатные палочки
53 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Legia look poor. World at his feet Aribo missed a good chance there though, I do wonder what difference Gerrard has made, I don't think he has made that much

They're harder to beat and seem to be doing well in Europe, that much has changed. It's yet to be seen if he can deliver a trophy. 

The_razors_edge
1 hour ago, rudi must stay said:

Gerrard’s just the front man and the big name to get the fans on board. Michael Beale is the brains behind the operation. 

Seymour M Hersh
56 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Gerrard has managed to tempt a few big names.

He has brought in two semi-decent coaches.

Who? 

Quality of Europa league very questionable. Linfield have decent chance of making group stages. Last season Arsenal and Chelsea played reserve/youth teams until semis. Year before Man U played same until later stages and won it. If we finish third or fourth this season think we will have a decent shot at getting to group stage. 

rudi must stay
53 minutes ago, The_razors_edge said:

Gerrard’s just the front man and the big name to get the fans on board. Michael Beale is the brains behind the operation. 

I have a few mates that support Rangers. I'll let them know

19 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Quality of Europa league very questionable. Linfield have decent chance of making group stages. Last season Arsenal and Chelsea played reserve/youth teams until semis. Year before Man U played same until later stages and won it. If we finish third or fourth this season think we will have a decent shot at getting to group stage. 

Haha!

seriously!?!

we lost to a team of plumbers and painters from Malta not that long ago. And have hardly won a league game in 8 months. 

Absolutely no reasoning to suggest we would reach the group stages. 

Seymour M Hersh
1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Defoe stands out

Of course, I'd forgotten about him.  65k a week though. :laugh:

Bazzas right boot
19 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Depends on draw.

Some poor- average teams, then you have Torino v Wolves, not world beaters but good by our standard.

Rangers have had very decent draws, still played well but this year and last year avoided any "big names".

Aberdeen seem to get shit draws, Burnley and Sevilla stand out but even some of their other ties like this year are a bit shit.

With a bit luck it's not impossible.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, hearts00 said:

Haha!

seriously!?!

we lost to a team of plumbers and painters from Malta not that long ago. And have hardly won a league game in 8 months. 

ffs

Our team will have zero starters from the team under RN, maybe 1.

If we ended up 3rd or 4th then we'd have won a few more games, so your second point is ridiculous.

No reason just now to think that just now ofc, we aren't even in it.

Given a decent draw it would be possible and probably our goal in the next few years, ofc we might not make it.

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Of course, I'd forgotten about him.  65k a week though. :laugh:

Jesus, that's a fair wack., mental.

15 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

Haha!

seriously!?!

I know.:lol:

We are light years away from ever making the Europa League group stages under the current regime.  Still get nightmares about losing to those butchers from Malta.  Absolutely embarrassing. 

Watched Braga tonight beat Spartak Moscow, two good sides, they have improved a lot since Hearts knocked them out whereas we have deteriorated and will be fortunate to reach that level again, Scottish football is rank though Rangers look decent this season. 

I doubt very much a non arse cheek side will see Europa League Group stages anytime in the near future. Although the second tier system talked about may offer the chance if it comes around. 

Hectormasson
1 hour ago, Randy Marsh said:

I know.:lol:

We are light years away from ever making the Europa League group stages under the current regime.  Still get nightmares about losing to those butchers from Malta.  Absolutely embarrassing. 

Prob worst result ever for hearts ,,,and theres been too many too mention !!!hopefully not happen again" but this is hearts " anything could happen in our craziest of worlds ???

This topic. :rofl:

Full of absolute nonsense, some people on here thinking we would get into the group stages are beyond deluded. 

The overall quality of teams in this stage far exceeds us.

5 hours ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

This topic. :rofl:

Full of absolute nonsense, some people on here thinking we would get into the group stages are beyond deluded. 

The overall quality of teams in this stage far exceeds us.

This. And the constant Morelos threads are absolute cringe. We would love it if he was a Hearts player.

6 hours ago, Hectormasson said:

Prob worst result ever for hearts ,,,and theres been too many too mention !!!hopefully not happen again" but this is hearts " anything could happen in our craziest of worlds ???

Didn't make the BBC's top 10 list of European disgraces though...

11 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Are Linfield better than us? 

No.  But UEFA have tweeked the qualifying stages this season to make it much easier for champions of countries to progress.  Teams losing in the CL qualifiers only have to face each other after dropping in to the Europa.  So unless Hearts win the league we still have no chance.

6 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Didn't make the BBC's top 10 list of European disgraces though...

Thankfully it must have slipped under the radar.  It was early July so folk were probably still on holiday.

9 hours ago, hearts00 said:

Haha!

seriously!?!

Aberdeen, playing badly, were only a couple of rounds away. Do you think we would beat Linfield? I did  say if we finish third this season then maybe next season. Not sure what recent form has to do with it? 

Edited by soonbe110

Back on topic, Morelos seems to be an outstanding player at our level but with serious issues.  Let's see how it all unfolds.

One thing is certain, another season without a trophy will drive then crazy in Govan.

AlphonseCapone

I think it's unfair to say Gerrard hasn't made a difference. Rangers today are light years ahead of Rangers 3 years ago imo. 

Morelos is talented, but he's absolute scum. Many top clubs will opt for someone with slight less talent but the correct attitude over taking the risk with him. You need to be at Suarez level of skill for it not to matter and he's obviously not even close. 

The Future's Maroon

He is a very very good football player, if he wasn’t so much of an idiot he would be worth a fortune imo.

Thankfully he is that complete tool, very rare I would say this but I wouldn’t feel sorry for him if he got a dull injury.

brunoatemyhamster

Don't see this outstanding talent in Morelos myself. 

Stands out in the SPL, and has potential, but actual goals that matter don't seem to come his way. 

Euro record is poor, his Old Firm record is worse, and that's where it matters when valuing a player from Scotland. 

Take into account penaltys and goals he wouldn't have got for any other team in Scotland and he's meh at best in the grand scheme of things. 

But papers say he's worth more than Dembele so he must be brilliant. 

Edited by brunoatemyhamster

jack D and coke
11 hours ago, hearts00 said:

Haha!

seriously!?!

This is the kind of thing I got pulled up for last night. One decent win and our fans have got us beating all and sundry. 

I’m all for positivity but one step at a time and all that eh. 

Edited by jack D and coke

13 hours ago, The_razors_edge said:

Gerrard has a massive effect on the squad to be honest. Players love him. Mark Allen has also played his part, he signed all the players. Rangers will win the League this year in my opinion. Got better options across the board than Celtic, plus they don’t have Lennon. 

Morelos is a plumb. 

2 hours ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

Morelos is a horrible diving, cheating ****. But that's ok because he plays for one of the old firm.

Start a social media false news campaign, saying that he is actually Lithuanian and his full name is Miko Morelos.

alwaysthereinspirit
5 hours ago, Biguche said:

This. And the constant Morelos threads are absolute cringe. We would love it if he was a Hearts player.

He'd never play as he'd be suspended more than available.