Junior Agogo RIP

the general

Sad news .. dead at 40

Way too young

Junior Agogo has died at the age of 40.

Agogo, who began his career at Sheffield Wednesday, played 27 times for his country and scored 12 goals.

He finished his career at Hibernian in 2012 having also had spells in the United States, Cyprus and Egypt.

Agogo suffered a stroke in 2015 and struggled with his speech afterwards, telling a BBC Four documentary in 2017 he felt anxious about his language.

Edited by the general

Sad news always seemed like a nice happy fella and one of those names that just became ingrained in you through Soccer Saturday and the likes.

He had had a stroke in 2015 apparently that impacted on his speech according to Wiki. Possibly related to that.

26 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Sad news always seemed like a nice happy fella and one of those names that just became ingrained in you through Soccer Saturday and the likes.

I knew Junior through a mutual friend.  Lovely bloke, not a typical footballer, not flash, just a decent family man happy to talk to anyone.

RIP

26 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

I knew Junior through a mutual friend.  Lovely bloke, not a typical footballer, not flash, just a decent family man happy to talk to anyone.

RIP

Certainly came across that way from what I seen of him.Just sad news no age at all.

been here before
1 hour ago, gjcc said:

Far far too young. My thoughts are with his family. RIP. 

1 hour ago, sadj said:

RIP , thoughts to his family and friends

1 hour ago, novoman said:

RIP  junior , 40 is nothing, life is just beginning at 40 for some. 

Thoughts with his family. 

what-iimagine-when-peoplesay-they-re-sending-thoughts-and-prayers-5123707.png.867accad034efc7dad7df665e96ef935.png

I met him at a party in 1999. We were both chatting up the hostess when he mentioned he was a professional footballer and blew me out the water. Later on a guy turned up mentioning he’d just won one and a half million on the lottery, blowing junior out of the water.

We consoled ourselves sitting on the stairs with a couple of beers. Lovely lad. Rest in peace Junior.

The only Ghanaian to play for ten different British clubs:

Hibernian

Sheffield United

Oldham Athletic  

Chester City

Chesterfield 

Bristol Rovers

Nottingham Forest

QPR

Lincoln City

Barnet

Edited by The Spy Who Loved Me

20 hours ago, the general said:

Sad news .. dead at 40

Way too young

Agogo, who began his career at Sheffield Wednesday, played 27 times for his country and scored 12 goals.

He finished his career at Hibernian in 2012 having also had spells in the United States, Cyprus and Egypt.

Agogo suffered a stroke in 2015 and struggled with his speech afterwards, telling a BBC Four documentary in 2017 he felt anxious about his language.

I have had the misfortune to have had 2 strokes, one 3 years ago and a few weeks ago had a TIA, I had speech issues the first time but got over them, after the TIA I am having some speech issues and I know where Junior Agogo was coming from feeling frustrated about his language, RIP Junior, far to young at 40 to have passed away.

On 22/08/2019 at 13:58, the general said:

Sad news .. dead at 40

Way too young

First time I have seen this. 40 is way too young, it certainly puts things into perspective when I'm posting at the youthful age of 47.

• 2 weeks later...