*** Celtic v Heart Of Midlothian official match day thread***

Bazzas right boot

13 hours ago, Away up in Gorgie said:

Which is completely irrelevant to our stat.  You attempted to justify the fact we’ve won 3pts (scoring just 7 goals) out of the 63 available points in our last 21 matches at Parkhead by using the woefully inadequate excuse that other teams have equally shite records though I’d hazard a guess few regular SPL teams are as bad!!! It’s thinking like this, sadly from within the club too, that sees Hearts as nothing but also rans year after year. 

No he didn't

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Away up in Gorgie

• Sagan

• Bazzas right boot

• Cruyff Turn

15 hours ago, fila said:

Plan will be a Defensive set up not to lose an early goal , keep it tight , sneak a late winner ................it will turn out , down a goal in the first 10 mins , a red card about 42 mins , lose game 5 nil .

You do realise that you have just tempted fate.

Whelan to land one on Brown and get sent off.

Edited by Marvin

The Treasurer
9 minutes ago, Marvin said:

You do realise that you have just tempted fate.

Whelan to slightly bump into Brown and get sent off.

FTFY

Despite all (most) prophesying doom I (and probably most) still want to watch the game . Tried paying them for game but think my VPN (tunnel bear) is next to useless .

Never had much success with streams and think watching on Celtic TV is best option (painful as it may be) .

Any suggestions ? 

No doubt Craig Levein's friends on social media will be expecting us to dominate the game and win in swashbuckling style... like we've always done... for years like.     

annushorribilis III
16 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Despite all (most) prophesying doom I (and probably most) still want to watch the game . Tried paying them for game but think my VPN (tunnel bear) is next to useless .

Never had much success with streams and think watching on Celtic TV is best option (painful as it may be) .

Any suggestions ? 

Try the hesgoals site.It was suggested by a poster on here recently (Aberdeen game) and the streaming quality is very good. I've used it a few times since  although I don't know if the Celtic game will be on for sure. 

2 minutes ago, annushorribilis III said:

Try the hesgoals site.It was suggested by a poster on here recently (Aberdeen game) and the streaming quality is very good. I've used it a few times since  although I don't know if the Celtic game will be on for sure. 

Thanks for that . Still think paying them is best option (I know) . Wondered if anybody has been successful with another VPN ?

I need to change mine anyway

Jambosteve1902
5 minutes ago, annushorribilis III said:

Celtic games are usually very easy to find as celtic tv show the games all time. id imagine your hesgoals site will be a good shout also vipbox

Jambosteve1902
1 minute ago, johnthomas said:

Thanks for that . Still think paying them is best option (I know) . Wondered if anybody has been successful with another VPN ?

I need to change mine anyway

i use Shizz TV on Kodi its 30 for the year and its fantastic pal

Its going to be a scrap on Sunday. Hopeful to win battles in deep midfield and run the legs off them. Maybe force them to step of the gas due to cramps pulls etc. Who knows its a nothing to lose and lots to gain fixture. 

Edited by AJAMBO

The Internet
27 minutes ago, Victorian said:

No doubt Craig Levein's friends on social media will be expecting us to dominate the game and win in swashbuckling style... like we've always done... for years like.     

Just need to have a go mate. All it takes. 

letsalldothebeattie

Team of:

Big Joel

Smith Halkett Berra Hickey

Clare Whelan Damour Irving Mulraney

Washington

Solid enough don't see why we cant go and get a point but if we come away with nothing then its no real surprise I tend to write these games off because our record is terrible at Parkhead. I will take a 1-1

2 hours ago, amadjambo said:

The last time I can remember is having a go at Celtic Park was a 3-1 defeat a year or two ago. We just didn’t play very well first half and we’re sloppy in possession. 2nd half was much better though. 

Levein knows how to beat Celtic, but to do so requires high energy and most of our team to play well. Certainly doable.

Out the two visits per season we seem to take a pasting in at least one of them.

There’s been a couple of 4-1s and 5-0s in recent years.  We just toil to be consistent through there and make games close run even in defeat.  

Yes, there’s actually been a couple of games where we’ve played reasonably well but have a habit of conceding goals when Celtic decide to up the pressure in response.

We can be soft in that respect. 

You need many things in the melting pot to win any game of football but it’s about workrate v Celtic. We have the talent to cause them concern but it’ll more than likely come down to how much we want to cover ground and take advantage when we get breaks in midfield.  

And concentration. It can’t be for just an hour or 75 minutes. 

46 minutes ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Team of:

Big Joel

Smith Halkett Berra Hickey

Clare Whelan Damour Irving Mulraney

Washington

Solid enough don't see why we cant go and get a point but if we come away with nothing then its no real surprise I tend to write these games off because our record is terrible at Parkhead. I will take a 1-1

Look's OK. I sense a battle Halkett Berra Damour Whelan are the key elements. Get that hole covered and press them wide. Brown is the one that has the head in Celtic making sure he doesnt get the run of things is a big part in this game. How our men up top work depends on winning the battle in midfield. We look more solid in defence. Up against a red hot strike rate its a must we run them all over the park. Its a huge game always is this time we get to know a little more on ourselves and the opposition who are extremely dangerous. If we get the battle won I'm suggesting a squeeky bum 0-1 to Us. Washington penalty. 

Auld Reekin'
2 minutes ago, AJAMBO said:

Look's OK. I sense a battle Halkett Berra Damour Whelan are the key elements. Get that hole covered and press them wide. Brown is the one that has the head in Celtic making sure he doesnt get the run of things is a big part in this game. How our men up top work depends on winning the battle in midfield. We look more solid in defence. Up against a red hot strike rate its a must we run them all over the park. Its a huge game always is this time we get to know a little more on ourselves and the opposition who are extremely dangerous. If we get the battle won I'm suggesting a squeeky bum 0-1 to Us. Washington penalty. 

Yep, that's the team I'd select.

Agree with what you say, up until the last sentence: it's Collum, remember...

Away up in Gorgie
4 hours ago, Rudy T said:

Do you read back what you post?

So far you’ve conceded that Celtic dominate every team, they win almost all their home games and have a far better team than us! But end every mind numbing rant with the club are losers. I’ll remind you we ended their unbeaten run, the losers at tynecastle didn’t shit the bed that time or the time after that... I’ll await another response where you repeat the same pish for a 4th time. You can’t even tell us how you think we should approach the game to win... we’re just losers blah blah blah!

What I would suggest is you go back and read the original post which gave the factual statistics of Hearts utterly embarrassing record in the East End of Glasgow. And then perhaps ask yourself why you tried to defend it with your piss poor excuses. It was you that tried to defend the indefensible when I merely gave factual information. I'll await you trying to justify it once again with your lame, weak excuses! 

Away up in Gorgie
4 hours ago, Dallas Green said:

Or maybe it's because Celtic being the only club who can year on year spend millions on football players.  Other clubs winning there is a rare occurrence.

If you took from the inception of the SPL years to now for the rest of the teams that have played them no one (other than probably Rangers) would have a record much better than ours. 

3pts out of a possible 63 and a goal difference of -49 in that time. Aye, thats a record to simply excuse. 

Guest ToqueJambo
5 minutes ago, Away up in Gorgie said:

3pts out of a possible 63 and a goal difference of -49 in that time. Aye, thats a record to simply excuse. 

Well we’re due a win then aren’t we! I’m sure you’ll be cheering the team on...

Away up in Gorgie
4 hours ago, Dallas Green said:

Or maybe it's because Celtic being the only club who can year on year spend millions on football players.  Other clubs winning there is a rare occurrence.

If you took from the inception of the SPL years to now for the rest of the teams that have played them no one (other than probably Rangers) would have a record much better than ours. 

The following have won league games at Celtic Park since we did. Hearts record is shameful at Parkhead however you and others try to excuse it. We go throgh there and routinely lie down. 

Aberdeen

St Johnstone x2

Hamilton

Motherwell x2

Kilmarnock

Inverness CT

Rangers x2

Hibernian

Dallas Green
Just now, Away up in Gorgie said:

The following have won league games at Celtic Park since we did. Hearts record is shameful at Parkhead however you and others try to excuse it. We go throgh there and routinely lie down. 

Aberdeen

St Johnstone x2

Hamilton

Motherwell x2

Kilmarnock

Inverness CT

Rangers x2

So in 12 years Celtic have lost 10 games at Parkhead in the league?

Seems a pretty difficult place to go.

Away up in Gorgie
3 minutes ago, Dallas Green said:

So in 12 years Celtic have lost 10 games at Parkhead in the league?

Seems a pretty difficult place to go.

Which has never been disputed. Hearts, as one of the biggest clubs in the country, possess one of the most pathetic records at going there and trying to make a game of it. I simply posted OUR statistics. Its only being debated further due to the embarrassing excuse that because others got hammered there its ok that we do!

Edited by Away up in Gorgie

Hackney Hearts

There's likely to be 8 changes from the team that lost 5-0 (as league leaders) last November.

Zlamal             Joel

Smith

Dikamona       Halkett 

Dunne              Berra

Mitchell           Hickey

Haring              Whelan

Clare

Djoum              Damour

Cochrane         Irving

Mulraney

MacLean         Washington

I'd say nearly all the changes make us stronger. Perhaps too soon to say how Whelan and Damour compare to Haring and Djoum, but we definitely look better at the back (early days for Joel), while Washington is a definite improvement on MacLean up top and the recent form of Irving puts him comfortably ahead of last season's version of Cochrane. Of the 3 who retain their places, Mulraney is much improved since then, as is Clare to an extent (whatever your take on him in general) - and Smith is Smith. Which is a good thing.

Subs used were: Garuccio, Morrison, Wighton  - so if the bench were to have the likes of Naismith, Uche or McDonald, we'd obviously appear much stronger there too.

So - only 0-4 this time.

::troll::

Edited by Hackney Hearts

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, Away up in Gorgie said:

Which has never been disputed. Hearts, as one of the biggest clubs in the country, possess one of the most pathetic records at going there and trying to make a game of it.

Theres no argument our record going to Glasgow is very poor and it was Levein’s weakness last time around as well. However, we did put them out the cup in Glasgow during your 12 year period though, plus we got the best result of any team at home vs them, and that period includes 2-3 years at least when we were seriously weakened or not even in the same league as Celtic. Our home record vs them the last couple years is the best equal with Rangers and Hibs. Ours is arguably better as in our wins we scored more goals and conceded none.

Away up in Gorgie
4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Theres no argument our record going to Glasgow is very poor and it was Levein’s weakness last time around as well. However, we did put them out the cup in Glasgow during your 12 year period though, plus we got the best result of any team at home vs them, and that period includes 2-3 years at least when we were seriously weakened or not even in the same league as Celtic. Our home record vs them the last couple years is the best equal with Rangers and Hibs. Ours is arguably better as in our wins we scored more goals and conceded none.

If you read the original post on the 14/1 thread you would see that the cup wins in 2007 and 2009 were both mentioned. As much as it probably grates a few sensitive souls on here Michael Stewart was the last Hearts player to score a winner at Parkhead! Play the ball not the poster. 

Our record in Glasgow is nothing less than pathetic. Hibs by the way have won more games at Ibrox in the last 2 years than Levein has managed at Parkhead and Ibrox combined in his entire Hearts managerial career!  Lets hope he shows a more brave approach tomorrow than we've become accustomed to witnessing!

12 hours ago, lsimp77 said:

Joel

Smith Halkett Berra Hickey

Whelan Damour Irving 

Naismith Washington Mulraney

Decent team on paper, but Levein’s Old Firm away tactics will see us lose comfortably. 

Why doesn't he change his tactics and have a go then.

Their weak spot is the defence so that is what we should be targeting.

His ten men behind the ball doesn't work because we always get humped anyway.

So nothing to lose by attacking them and if we get beat then at least we will have had a go, instead of the usual brown shorts we turn up in Glasgow with.

alwaysthereinspirit
14 minutes ago, Away up in Gorgie said:

If you read the original post on the 14/1 thread you would see that the cup wins in 2007 and 2009 were both mentioned. As much as it probably grates a few sensitive souls on here Michael Stewart was the last Hearts player to score a winner at Parkhead! Play the ball not the poster. 

Our record in Glasgow is nothing less than pathetic. Hibs by the way have won more games at Ibrox in the last 2 years than Levein has managed at Parkhead and Ibrox combined in his entire Hearts managerial career!  Lets hope he shows a more brave approach tomorrow than we've become accustomed to witnessing!

Who gives a flying duck what #ibs have done? In fairness I dont keep track of #ibs stats. Did you look it up or already know it?

Dallas Green
34 minutes ago, Away up in Gorgie said:

Which has never been disputed. Hearts, as one of the biggest clubs in the country, possess one of the most pathetic records at going there and trying to make a game of it. I simply posted OUR statistics. Its only being debated further due to the embarrassing excuse that because others got hammered there its ok that we do!

I wonder what causes it? We have been to Celtic park under different owners and many different managers with hugely different tactics in all that time.

Could it be that Celtic have had the strongest and richest teams in this league for over a decade? Possibly.

Away up in Gorgie
3 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Who gives a flying duck what #ibs have done? In fairness I dont keep track of #ibs stats. Did you look it up or already know it?

Merely responding to this notion that Hearst record in Glasgow can be excused as other teams records are shite too. The reality is that Hearts record in Glasgow is appalling even against teams of a similar or smaller stature. I was aware that Hibs had won at Ibrox twice in the last 2 years, yes.

Away up in Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Dallas Green said:

I wonder what causes it? We have been to Celtic park under different owners and many different managers with hugely different tactics in all that time.

Could it be that Celtic have had the strongest and richest teams in this league for over a decade? Possibly.

As I have already stated numerous times Celtic are always likely to have a dominant home record. I would suggest there is far more to such an abysmal record than simply riches however especially when you consider some of the teams who have done better there than us. Hearts entire mentality has been largely shite in the way we have approached matches through there and unfortunately the current manager is the poster boy for that throughout his two spells in charge. Its honestly amazing to me that such a stat can be dismissed and excused but I guess its not at all surprising given the leeway afforded to the footballing side of the club by some. 

Most Hearts teams playing the Bigot Brothers in Glasgow are beaten by the time they get on the bus to the match.  You need players like Naismith, Whelan and in this case big Uche to get stuck in and rumble them up.

4 hours ago, amadjambo said:

The last time I can remember is having a go at Celtic Park was a 3-1 defeat a year or two ago. We just didn’t play very well first half and we’re sloppy in possession. 2nd half was much better though. 

Levein knows how to beat Celtic, but to do so requires high energy and most of our team to play well. Certainly doable.

I think CL's comments after last season's defeat to them were telling.  He basically said he decided to sit in as he didn't think the players had the energy to play any other way (cos of injuries and fixture list).

He admitted he got it wrong.  Makes me think he'd prefer to get in their face, and no reason not to this time.

Has to be remembered that that's a lovely plan, but putting it in to practice is a different thing!!!  They'll want to get their front players on the ball and pin us back.  If they manage that, we need to be strong.  Doesn't mean we've decided to set up camp.  Washington's role will be massive - when it goes to him, it needs to stick.  He needs to be able to bring others in.

22 minutes ago, Prof said:

Most Hearts teams playing the Bigot Brothers in Glasgow are beaten by the time they get on the bus to the match.  You need players like Naismith, Whelan and in this case big Uche to get stuck in and rumble them up.

If Uche starts and with that wee prick the referee it's a certain red for the big guy. 😕

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, Away up in Gorgie said:

So this is about Levein not Hearts? Gotcha. Thought we were talking about celtic anyhow?

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Why doesn't he change his tactics and have a go then.

Their weak spot is the defence so that is what we should be targeting.

His ten men behind the ball doesn't work because we always get humped anyway.

So nothing to lose by attacking them and if we get beat then at least we will have had a go, instead of the usual brown shorts we turn up in Glasgow with.

If you lose the midfield vs Celtic you lose the game. Our central midfield should be better equipped to give them a game on their own patch this season.

If you think we can go all out attack when they have forrest, johnston and Edouard waiting to break you’re off your heid. Without Naismith and Walker they have far more attacking power than us. We’ll try to press them and use Mulraney and Washington to run at them but probably we’ll aim not to concede early as a priority while trying to get at them and take it from there.

Away up in Gorgie
30 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

So this is about Levein not Hearts? Gotcha. Thought we were talking about celtic anyhow?

Given he’s very much a part of the horrendous record there and is the current head coach he is very relevant to the conversation, in fact moreso than anyone else! You can attempt to whitewash, as appears to be your MO anything to do with Levein but I’ll stick to the facts and the reality until he changes the narrative. He’s been all billy big baws again in the press this week which is hilarious given his track record especially in recent times. It would be great to have belief that his abysmal record in Glasgow of managing one win against the Old Firm in his two tenures might improve this weekend but it seems a distinctly far fetched notion.

Edited by Away up in Gorgie

2 hours ago, Hackney Hearts said:

There's likely to be 8 changes from the team that lost 5-0 (as league leaders) last November.

Zlamal             Joel

Smith

Dikamona       Halkett 

Dunne              Berra

Mitchell           Hickey

Haring              Whelan

Clare

Djoum              Damour

Cochrane         Irving

Mulraney

MacLean         Washington

I'd say nearly all the changes make us stronger. Perhaps too soon to say how Whelan and Damour compare to Haring and Djoum, but we definitely look better at the back (early days for Joel), while Washington is a definite improvement on MacLean up top and the recent form of Irving puts him comfortably ahead of last season's version of Cochrane. Of the 3 who retain their places, Mulraney is much improved since then, as is Clare to an extent (whatever your take on him in general) - and Smith is Smith. Which is a good thing.

Subs used were: Garuccio, Morrison, Wighton  - so if the bench were to have the likes of Naismith, Uche or McDonald, we'd obviously appear much stronger there too.

So - only 0-4 this time.

::troll::

Good post.  The obsession last season with playing 4 central midfielders at a time to make up for Naisy and Uche being injured was crazy.

Don’t know why, but I’ve got a horrible feeling Joel’s going to throw one in tomorrow 😔.

Guest ToqueJambo
12 minutes ago, Away up in Gorgie said:

Given he’s very much a part of the horrendous record there and is the current head coach he is very relevant to the conversation, in fact moreso than anyone else! You can attempt to whitewash, as appears to be your MO anything to do with Levein but I’ll stick to the facts and the reality until he changes the narrative. He’s been all billy big baws again in the press this week which is hilarious given his track record especially in recent times. It would be great to have belief that his abysmal record in Glasgow of managing one win against the Old Firm in his two tenures might improve this weekend but it seems a distinctly far fetched notion.

The Levein Ooters don’t like a taste of their own medicine.

Away up in Gorgie
6 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

The Levein Ooters don’t like a taste of their own medicine.

What medicine might that be?!! He wins one game and thinks people are suddenly going to forget hahaha 😂😂😂

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

If you lose the midfield vs Celtic you lose the game. Our central midfield should be better equipped to give them a game on their own patch this season.

If you think we can go all out attack when they have forrest, johnston and Edouard waiting to break you’re off your heid. Without Naismith and Walker they have far more attacking power than us. We’ll try to press them and use Mulraney and Washington to run at them but probably we’ll aim not to concede early as a priority while trying to get at them and take it from there.

Didn't say all out attack did I? 

We shouldnt be sitting on the edge of our own box defending like we normally do though because we will still get battered. 

Have more of a go than usual and go for their weakest link which is their defence and if we lose at least we tried something different through there for a change. 

We go out fearing them and showing them too much respect at Parkhead every time. 

Prefer if we get beat by going toe to toe with them rather than defending far too deep and still get a doing, which is what normally happens. 

Edited by Robbo-Jambo

Based on recent form I'm not going to be in shock if it's another unzipping from Celtic, but in the event of them suffering another European hangover, it could be a tight game as Dunfermline showed last week. 

5 hours ago, AJAMBO said:

I agree with Craig Levein there's a lot of frothers out there 

I personally think Levein should shut his gob until his team can put a couple of results together 🙂

If we go there to give them a game, we will maybe come home with a point. 

Parking the bus bus is the wrong option.

It’s a huge big park, go there and play football. Midfield of Damour, Whelan and Irving please.

Guest ToqueJambo
59 minutes ago, Away up in Gorgie said:

What medicine might that be?!! He wins one game and thinks people are suddenly going to forget hahaha 😂😂😂

The slagging folk off medicine.

Like it or not they have better players and have done so for some time

Posters talking about being 'beaten before they get off the bus' seemingly fail to realise this

Last 9 league games against Celtic in Glasgow have resulted in 8 losses and one draw with over 3 goals against on average and under 0.5 goals for

There is no logic to picking a Hearts win and not much more in predicting a draw

However it is a new season, a reshaped squad and who knows they may perform but we are missing at least 3 of our first choice side.

I'm going to look at the performance and hope to see a measure of solidity or signs we can create some chances

The players will look upon this as a real test and lets hope they pass

Discipline in performance and in manner will be required with our players playing as well as they can and maybe a sub standard Celtic performance allied to a bit of luck for us giving us a chance.

Play as we did in the final and who knows.

GorgieRules22
22 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I personally think Levein should shut his gob until his team can put a couple of results together 🙂

Exactly, it’s not as if our frothing has been knee jerk stuff...we’ve been shite for months.

Lets hope Fir Park was a springboard.