*** Celtic v Heart Of Midlothian official match day thread***

Bazzas right boot

Its my fone m8 when I sign into the forum it goes mental when I type for some reason. Ha do you forgive me.

Joey jj do one ya duffer

Edited by AJAMBO

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Away up in Gorgie

• Sagan

• Bazzas right boot

• Cruyff Turn

Finlay James
34 minutes ago, AJAMBO said:

Most of my life as a jambo I've witnessed a few victories over Celtic would be great to see more. I'm not bothered about form its a waste of time as we are always capable of a surprise. Its not anyone's fault its just how it is. Hearts Celtic games are the bigger rivalry in scottish football in my opinion than V Hibs 

Definitely, Hibs haven't been our rivals for years.  The way the club is progressing, we will be much closer to the old firm in the coming years so the intensity of the Hearts v Celtic games will just increase.

19 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Every effing thread, it seems, has a lot to do with Levein.

15 minutes ago, gjcc said:

Not sure what I said (on another thread) is deserving of that tbh. :lol: 

I sang you this song as a way to make it up to you..

Oh when the hearts ( oh when the hearts) go marching in ( go marching in ) Oh when the hearts go marching in. I wanna be in that number oh when the hearts go marching in.

10 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

Definitely, Hibs haven't been our rivals for years.  The way the club is progressing, we will be much closer to the old firm in the coming years so the intensity of the Hearts v Celtic games will just increase.

Hearts v Celtic has been that way for decades its massive . I'd imagine Celtic fans would have a say on it through the years I've known or spoke with a lot that have respect for us. Maybe that's more tynecastle related to be fair as our home is highly rated by football fans for atmosphear and full throttle football

Edited by AJAMBO

7 hours ago, Away up in Gorgie said:

No nerve hit, he’s a complete irrelevance, a footballing nonentity, it’s just a pity he’s our irrelevance, at least for another few weeks. 

Christ almighty.

Mr Important has spoken.

Hearts supporters like you make me cringe sometimes.

1 hour ago, Morgan said:

Harry?

Your sons book looked familiar to one I have, so I dug it out. It’s not the same, but here’s a photo of it anyhow.

AE7EC8B0-F8E3-490B-B08A-7ADF8EBF80BC.jpeg

4 minutes ago, graygo said:

Christ almighty.

Mr Important has spoken.

I'm the same jambo I was when a wee boy I've not changed saw the club slowly fade to near death 3 times. I would never do a Hibs and be a loser in supporting Hearts makes me feel rotten just thinking about it. 

Bazzas right boot
27 minutes ago, AJAMBO said:

Hearts v Celtic has been that way for decades its massive . I'd imagine Celtic fans would have a say on it through the years I've known or spoke with a lot that have respect for us. Maybe that's more tynecastle related to be fair as our home is highly rated by football fans for atmosphear and full throttle football

I get that, to an extent. 

Hibs is a city rivalry, but in terms of football we have Competeded at the high end head to head for very little with them, it's usually celtic who have ****ed us over. 

League titles, sc finals and semi finals  has tended to be celtic. 

We've been 2nd to them a number of times. 

Also, going forward it's not hibs that will generally thwart any chances of success it will be the arse cheeks. 

Hibs will alway be our local rivals but for success, not so much. Never have been. 

portobellojambo1

I hope we go with a similar attitude and approach to the game versus Motherwell. We kept the ball on the deck and looked to try and play football. If we sit off Celtic and let them dictate how the game is played we will lose. Even if we do approach them as we did Motherwell we may well still lose, but you just never know. Defence isn't their strong point so if you play the game through the midfield and force them to do what they don't like doing, i.e. defending, you increase the chances of coming away with a result. I'm not a big believer that you need to change your approach depending on who you are playing, if you get an approach that works then stick with it and try and refine it.

Edited by portobellojambo1

19 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I get that, to an extent. 

Hibs is a city rivalry, but in terms of football we have Competeded at the high end head to head for very little with them, it's usually celtic who have ****ed us over. 

League titles, sc finals and semi finals  has tended to be celtic. 

We've been 2nd to them a number of times. 

Also, going forward it's not hibs that will generally thwart any chances of success it will be the arse cheeks. 

Hibs will alway be our local rivals but for success, not so much. Never have been. 

You are spot on. My hatred of Hibs was when I was younger. I don't know how I feel about them in football terms these days as their pretty boring vile just plain stupid. I don't live to get it up them as I used to do. They seem irrelevant in a strange way more to be pitied than scolded as the saying goes.  Sad really as I spent a lot of money on cheap wine and fines due to them suckers. Its a good laugh at easter road so I'd miss that if they severely injure themselves playing with fire.

Edited by AJAMBO

portobellojambo1
4 hours ago, peebles jambo said:

Defo to get beaten today, Mr Celtic's refereeing,what odds on them getting a penalty.

Who are we playing today :)

Away up in Gorgie
5 hours ago, graygo said:

Christ almighty.

Mr Important has spoken.

😢

5 hours ago, AJAMBO said:

I'm the same jambo I was when a wee boy I've not changed saw the club slowly fade to near death 3 times. I would never do a Hibs and be a loser in supporting Hearts makes me feel rotten just thinking about it. 

Got the same book ... Autographed by team of 84

14 minutes ago, hmfc_steve said:

Got the same book ... Autographed by team of 84

Go read back a page I don't have one my brother does I didn't upload the image m8

8 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

I've got a horrible feeling celtic will be poor, poor enough for the ref to give them a wee leg up.

Its in our hands how we play. The 2005-06 side didn't win through luck or having the wrong ref. All the ref talk is your mind replacing the fear of defeat and clutching out for reasons. Better sides than Hearts have and will be beaten there we can change things by showing our fans we are up for it

Jambof3tornado
12 minutes ago, AJAMBO said:

Its in our hands how we play. The 2005-06 side didn't win through luck or having the wrong ref. All the ref talk is your mind replacing the fear of defeat and clutching out for reasons. Better sides than Hearts have and will be beaten there we can change things by showing our fans we are up for it

Trust me I dont hunt for reasons for defeat, usually players manage that with individual errors. I just think we will do better than we usually do but still get nowt due to poor refereeing, not because Collum is head of RE at a catholic school but because our officials are dross!!

It's going to be 1-1! I know that for a fact. I had a dream last night where I was playing right back, oddly with Michael Smith playing in front of me. (Think we might have had 12 men on the park at one point) They went ahead early, but we equalised just before half time with a penalty taken by Henry Smith. At half time there was a riot, involving a load of Hearts elderly ladies battering the green brigade. The second half was played in front of the old Tynie stand relocated to darkheid and I watched it from the dugout. Dunno if I was subbed or sent off, but anyway my point is we got a 1-1 draw, so I'm going with that. Dreams are braw !

7 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Trust me I dont hunt for reasons for defeat, usually players manage that with individual errors. I just think we will do better than we usually do but still get nowt due to poor refereeing, not because Collum is head of RE at a catholic school but because our officials are dross!!

Can we further the conversation after the game tomorrow please. I agree regarding your point

Jambo 4 Ever
8 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

That's how football works. 

But they beat Motherwell 5-2, we won 2-1.

Means they'll beat us 3-1.

Taking it further, I'd hate to play Partick, they beat County, we only drew and Morton beat Partick last night. 

Based on that, Morton would beat us easily. 

CL oot. 

They probably will beat us 3-1

6 minutes ago, whodanny said:

It's going to be 1-1! I know that for a fact. I had a dream last night where I was playing right back, oddly with Michael

Spoiler

Smith playing in front of me. (Think we might have had 12 men on the park at one point) They went ahead early, but we equalised just before half time with a penalty taken by Henry Smith. At half time there was a riot, involving a load of Hearts elderly ladies battering the green brigade. The second half was played in front of the old Tynie stand relocated to darkheid and I watched it from the dugout. Dunno if I was subbed or sent off, but anyway my point is we got a 1-1 draw, so I'm going with that. Dreams are braw !

That's a dream to analyze. You are confronted by someone from your past that you reconnect with from court proceedings. It may involve some type of scandal or law suit. Going back to miners fish and chips. Your home from home returning to the unknown .

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

They probably will beat us 3-1

They might do. 

Livi beat rc 4-1 away. 

Rc drew with us at Tynecastle. 

Livi would probably beat us by at least 6 at Tynecastle 

No need to even play, just play 1 round of fixtures then do the maths. 

Boom, all scores and final league positions. 

3 minutes ago, AJAMBO said:

That's a dream to analyze. You are confronted by someone from your past that you reconnect with from court proceedings. It may involve some type of scandal or law suit. Going back to miners fish and chips. Your home from home returning to the unknown .

Feck's sake, and I thought my heid was fecked up.:berra:

Wait ! Are you saying that the someone from my past is big Henry Smith ? He was always a big favourite of mine, but we were never in court together, er... I think.

Edited by whodanny

3 minutes ago, whodanny said:

Feck's sake, and I thought my heid was fecked up.:berra:

Mate's then

Edited by AJAMBO

NaturalOrder74

Likely get beat but wouldn’t pay too much attention to league standings this early, that’ll be Aberdeen away and Celtic away in first 3 games can build some form after that if we can take anything from the game tomorrow would be superb 

Alex Kintner
22 hours ago, Away up in Gorgie said:

Aye, definitely bothered about Levein trying to be a funny *****. He’s almost as adept at that as he is football management 😂

14 hours ago, Away up in Gorgie said:

No nerve hit, he’s a complete irrelevance, a footballing nonentity, it’s just a pity he’s our irrelevance, at least for another few weeks. 

61ee138fb70612f7476b902a04443cd8_w200.gi

7 hours ago, Finlay James said:

Edit: :rofl:

Edited by Nookie Bear

Clerry Jambo
21 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Given we could be bottom tomorrow, should we lose, a performance is required

Good point if we roll over and get tickled like we normally do, the reaction will not be nice and just increases the pressure going into a must win game next week

I've wakened felling good.  Hecky under pressure.  Scotland win.  England restore some credibility.

Have to change my 1-1 prediction to 1-2.

Still wish I was more confident about who will score the goals.

Does anyone know if I'll be able to get a ticket tomorrow?

I've got an unexpected free Sunday afternoon and a strange feeling of optimism.

Have a go, decent tempo and a balanced side. That’s all I hope for. Sluggish and stand off them and it’ll be 4/5/6 nil. 

Captain Canada

We should be able to give them a good game like we did in the cup final. 

Whelan won't be bossed by Brown and if we press them with Mulraney, Clare, Zanatta/McDonald and Washington then we should get some joy. 

I'm going for an optimistic 1-1 draw. 

Last 3 results vs Lennons Celtic

0-1 last minute goal and played most of the game with 10 men.

2-1 matched them the whole game and succumbed to late goal.

2-1 Eduard dive the only difference 

shouldn't have any fear tomorrow 

Edited by DS98

Lord Beni of Gorgie

28 Celsius. Perhaps an opportunity to frustrate, drain them and attack late in the game 

11 minutes ago, Barack said:

What about if we do all that, and it's still the same result?

Are we...not happy, obviously. But...encouraged?

🤷‍♂️

Oaft. Ask me at 4:45 haha. 

Apologies if already mentioned, not read whole thread.

If the team need any motivation for the game, show them a video of Scott Brown's reaction following the final whistle at the scottish cup final!

Total be11end of a human being.

'Mon the Hearts.

Hectormasson
42 minutes ago, Barack said:

What about if we do all that, and it's still the same result?

Are we...not happy, obviously. But...encouraged?

🤷‍♂️

Just give them a battle and do your best hearts,  infact get right f....g into them ,,,,

Edited by Hectormasson
None

54 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

28 Celsius. Perhaps an opportunity to frustrate, drain them and attack late in the game 

There’s nothing more draining than sitting back and chasing shadows.

1 minute ago, Barack said:

Cliff Richard was always getting blanked by Hank Marvin.

😂👍

We can only ask the lads to do their best, we can’t expect a result at Parkhead. Should be close though.

I’ve not touched the beer in the fridge yet, keeping them for tomorrow, pished by halftime, probably, ecstatic at full time, hopefully.

It’ll be really encouraging if we play well going into our double home fixtures. A chance to gather momentum and confidence before the Hibs game.