• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Away up in Gorgie

• Sagan

• Bazzas right boot

• Cruyff Turn

Guest ToqueJambo
11 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

Logic says we go there and take our usual humping... lets hope something happens to change this.

Recently it's been more like a frustrating narrow defeat. If we can take the cup final and last league game attitude and some of the better parts of those performances to Parkhead we should have a chance of coming back with something. We have better players than in both those games.

5 hours ago, Away up in Gorgie said:

What I would suggest is you go back and read the original post which gave the factual statistics of Hearts utterly embarrassing record in the East End of Glasgow. And then perhaps ask yourself why you tried to defend it with your piss poor excuses. It was you that tried to defend the indefensible when I merely gave factual information. I'll await you trying to justify it once again with your lame, weak excuses! 

Show me where.... this should be good!

The optimistic side of me fancies us to get a long over due win through there. But my realistic side also reminds me that history suggests we shit the bed all too often in Glasgow.

Heart says 1-2

Head says we'll concede an early goal and go on to lose 3 or 4-0

1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

I personally think Levein should shut his gob until his team can put a couple of results together 🙂

Tell him that 

Away up in Gorgie
1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

The slagging folk off medicine.

Aye, definitely bothered about Levein trying to be a funny *****. He’s almost as adept at that as he is football management 😂

Away up in Gorgie
7 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Show me where.... this should be good!

My original FACTUAL post below which certainly ruffled your sensitive little feathers 😂😂 Your delusional justification was laughable in itself and indeed as subsequently shown not even accurate! 8 SPL teams have won at least one game (the mighty Motherwell and St Johnstone actually have two wins)  at Parkhead since we last did! 

The last SPL win we had at Parkhead was 12 1/2 years ago!!  Since then we have gone there 21 times on league duty and the record is:

Played  21

Won  0

Drawn  3

Lost  18

For  7

Against  56

Can’t see anything changing Sunday. 

25 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Recently it's been more like a frustrating narrow defeat. If we can take the cup final and last league game attitude and some of the better parts of those performances to Parkhead we should have a chance of coming back with something. We have better players than in both those games.

That’s exactly it though. We have to set up to have a real go at them.  Levein said he wasn’t going to risk Naisy and Soapy as he needs runners and hopefully reading into that it means we will be looking to press them over the park. We have the quality in place now to hit on the counter 

if we just sit in and contain it won’t work. We have to set up to have go. Result not so important, tactics and performance more important 

2 minutes ago, Away up in Gorgie said:

My original FACTUAL post below which certainly ruffled your sensitive little feathers 😂😂 Your delusional justification was laughable in itself and indeed as subsequently shown not even accurate! 8 SPL teams have won at least one game (the mighty Motherwell and St Johnstone actually have two wins)  at Parkhead since we last did! 

The last SPL win we had at Parkhead was 12 1/2 years ago!!  Since then we have gone there 21 times on league duty and the record is:

Played  21

Won  0

Drawn  3

Lost  18

For  7

Against  56

Ruffled my feathers? you need to wipe your chin it’s covered in slavers... still waiting for you to show me where I made all these excuses?? C’mon there’s a good lad shouldn’t take you long...

Guest ToqueJambo
31 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

That’s exactly it though. We have to set up to have a real go at them.  Levein said he wasn’t going to risk Naisy and Soapy as he needs runners and hopefully reading into that it means we will be looking to press them over the park. We have the quality in place now to hit on the counter 

if we just sit in and contain it won’t work. We have to set up to have go. Result not so important, tactics and performance more important 

We didn't sit in and try to contain the last couple of games.

Guest ToqueJambo
38 minutes ago, Away up in Gorgie said:

Aye, definitely bothered about Levein trying to be a funny *****. He’s almost as adept at that as he is football management 😂

He seems to have hit a nerve.

49 minutes ago, Away up in Gorgie said:

Played  21

Won  0

Drawn  3

Lost  18

For  7

Against  56

My god thats shit!

What I'd like to see us do is play a similar shape to how we set up at Motherwell with Whelan coming in for Walker to make us harder to break down. Keep playing that shape every single week. Setting up to play in a different formation, particularly in Glasgow, never works so don't waste your time doing that. Keep working on the shape and hopefully we can take away some positives from the game. The chances of us taking anything are slim but if we can compete then that would be enough not to dent confidence. The last thing we need is a caning and the other thing to avoid is having a player sent off. 

Edited by Jodami

32 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

We didn't sit in and try to contain the last couple of games.

I wasn’t inferring you were suggesting we do sit in or that we have sat in against them the last few games

I was agreeing with what you were saying in that we have to replicate these performances where we have ran them close 

we have went to darkheid on numerous occasions and sat in and been punished for it. I would like to see us have a real go, result doesn’t matter but if we play well, confidence is everything, and we then take that forward 

4-2-3-1 is ho

1 hour ago, Hearts1975 said:

I wasn’t inferring you were suggesting we do sit in or that we have sat in against them the last few games

I was agreeing with what you were saying in that we have to replicate these performances where we have ran them close 

we have went to darkheid on numerous occasions and sat in and been punished for it. I would like to see us have a real go, result doesn’t matter but if we play well, confidence is everything, and we then take that forward 

4-2-3-1 is how to play  teams like Celtic 

Away up in Gorgie
3 hours ago, Rudy T said:

Ruffled my feathers? you need to wipe your chin it’s covered in slavers... still waiting for you to show me where I made all these excuses?? C’mon there’s a good lad shouldn’t take you long...

You got made to look stupid. Probably better to walk away and embarass yourself no further. There’s a good lad. 

3 hours ago, Away up in Gorgie said:

Played  21

Won  0

Drawn  3

Lost  18

For  7

Against  56

Specsavers?

Guest ToqueJambo
47 minutes ago, AJAMBO said:

4-2-3-1 is ho

With Whelan and Damour behind Walker, Naismith, Mulraney and Washington, I think that's our best line-up. Without Walker and Naismith, and maybe Whelan, who knows how we'll line-up on Sunday. Levein often springs a surprise with his selection in these games.

Just now, Natural Orders said:

Surely if Dunfermline can get a draw there we can too 

We're better than Dunfermline, no way I'm settling for a draw.  We should pump them by 2 or 3, or Levein can GTF.

Jambo 4 Ever
Just now, RobNox said:

We're better than Dunfermline, no way I'm settling for a draw.  We should pump them by 2 or 3, or Levein can GTF.

Maybe Dunfermline are better than us at the moment 

4 hours ago, Haringshairband said:

I've got my optimistic head on (6 beers) 0-1 Clare to score the winner in 87 minutes.

Aye. but we have Collum as referee so they may get an even later penalty. 

8 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Maybe Dunfermline are better than us at the moment 

They aren't. 

El Gato

Stroller.   Berra

Smith.                      Aaron Maldini

Whelan 

Damour   Gorgie Pirlo

Clare.                              Mulraney 

Denzel

2-1 Hearts 

10 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

El Gato

Stroller.   Berra

Smith.                      Aaron Maldini

Whelan 

Damour   Gorgie Pirlo

Clare.                              Mulraney 

Denzel

2-1 Hearts 

I've a feeling the line up won't be far away from this, unless CL decides not to start with Whelan.

Personally, if there are doubts over him lasting 90 minutes I'd prefer to start with him and take him off if necessary.  The one thing we can't afford to do, but manage to do too often, is concede an early goal at Darkheid.

4 hours ago, Away up in Gorgie said:

Played  21

Won  0

Drawn  3

Lost  18

For  7

Against  56

Maybe were due a hard won point then. I'd take that. 

Also, I think both rangers and celtic raise their game against us..

It's true I tell you. Think back, how often have you heard the following from OF managers post match, having beaten us...

"That was our best performance of the season so far" 😂

2 hours ago, AJAMBO said:

4-2-3-1 is ho

Don’t disagree with that 

As long as we don’t go with a wing back system otherwise we would be as well as forfeiting the game. I just don’t see this working in any shape or form in all honesty

We need to use the width on that pitch to counter otherwise we will end up hemmed in all game 

that said, I do think (hope) we will set out positively. The line up and formation will tell it’s own story 

Cmon the JT’s ♥️

Away up in Gorgie
7 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

He seems to have hit a nerve.

No nerve hit, he’s a complete irrelevance, a footballing nonentity, it’s just a pity he’s our irrelevance, at least for another few weeks. 

A_A wehatethehibs

A lot of talk about the Hearts results at parkhead over the last ten years.

Would be interesting to know how many away wins in total there’s been there by any teams in the last ten years as they’ve won 8 titles. Cant be much more than 4 or 5. 

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
17 hours ago, AJAMBO said:

I agree with Craig Levein there's a lot of frothers out there 

Levein should concentrate on turning around our p1ss poor league form. Or leave. 

Bazzas right boot
9 hours ago, Natural Orders said:

Surely if Dunfermline can get a draw there we can too 

That's how football works. 

But they beat Motherwell 5-2, we won 2-1.

Means they'll beat us 3-1.

Taking it further, I'd hate to play Partick, they beat County, we only drew and Morton beat Partick last night. 

Based on that, Morton would beat us easily. 

CL oot. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, peebles jambo said:

Defo to get beaten today, Mr Celtic's refereeing,what odds on them getting a penalty.

Even the SFA won't be daft enough to give them a penalty today. 

That would surely be called out. 

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, Hunky Dory said:

We could go there and win, certainly got the team for it.  Levein's tactics are ******* awful though, what's his record again the old firm in recent years?

V Rangers, pish. 

V celtic, better than rangers and  Gerrards👍

Edited by Smith's right boot

i wish jj was my dad
5 hours ago, Away up in Gorgie said:

No nerve hit, he’s a complete irrelevance, a footballing nonentity, it’s just a pity he’s our irrelevance, at least for another few weeks. 

Levein is a nonentity? 

28 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Even the SFA won't be daft enough to give them a penalty today. 

That would surely be called out. 

Not convinced it would be

14 hours ago, BelgeJambo said:

Cup Final revenge 

penalty winner

Connor Washington 

With Collum in charge ☹️

Celtic could have a very bad week. 

Sunday - Hearts at home - Hopefully it will be closer than everyone thinks but we've ran them close recently and it's been individual errors that's cost us. 

Thursday - AIK Away -  2-0 up but with that defence and away from home.....🤔

Sunday -Rangers Away - I know who i fancy to win and it's not popcorn teeth.

Edited by Djnoisy

10 hours ago, scratchy said:

Maybe were due a hard won point then. I'd take that. 

Also, I think both rangers and celtic raise their game against us..

It's true I tell you. Think back, how often have you heard the following from OF managers post match, having beaten us...

"That was our best performance of the season so far" 😂

Most of my life as a jambo I've witnessed a few victories over Celtic would be great to see more. I'm not bothered about form its a waste of time as we are always capable of a surprise. Its not anyone's fault its just how it is. Hearts Celtic games are the bigger rivalry in scottish football in my opinion than V Hibs 

Edited by AJAMBO

41 minutes ago, AJAMBO said:

Is that right. Why don't you take your piss poor support and leave

Not sure what I said (on another thread) is deserving of that tbh. :lol: