*** Celtic v Heart Of Midlothian official match day thread***

Bazzas right boot

Bazzas right boot

Lots of threads touching on it, so thought I'd help keep it in one thread. 

Heart

Celtic off a euro game, binned out Ucl, yellow teeth gnashing away, we can do something. 

Head

5-0 pasting, 3 nil after 25 minutes. 

What gives me hope is that we do have, imo big game players who shouldn't shit the bed. 

Washingston, Naismith, Whelan even Damour all played in big games and don't have the OF inferiority complex. 

There is hope. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Away up in Gorgie

• Sagan

• Bazzas right boot

• Cruyff Turn

3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Heart

Celtic off a euro game, binned out Ucl, yellow teeth gnashing away, we can do something. 

Head

What gives me hope is that we do have, imo big game players who shouldn't shit the bed. 

Washingston, Naismith, Whelan even Damour all played in big games and don't have the OF inferiority complex. 

There is hope. 

We're not scoring many goals. Our defending hasn't been great. Hoping Whelan can make a difference. As you say hearts says nick something, head expects the usual. Referee will be of no help thats for sure

Edited by Jamhammer

Get to half time still level and we have a chance. Sick of going through there and the game being done and dusted in the first half hour and the players not turning up. Hopefully we go with a decent game plan that doesn't mean just sitting in waiting for them to score. Might as well have a go, been there set up to try and nick a draw and end up howked 4 or 5-0.

Got to be honest can't see anything other than a defeat but that's just because we are used to that being the norm. Hopefully we give them a game and can sneak something. 

Hampden Demolition

Joel

Smith    Halkett   Berra   Hickey 

Damour  Whelan

Clare                                 Mulraney

Naismith 

Washington

We’ve quite rightly enjoyed the win over Motherwell but some of the lavishing has been OTT. 

Was last week just a reaction or a sign of things to come? It’s about the performance for me. You rarely get lucky wins through there or play not so well and win. 

Its important our leaders step up, including the manager, and set a positive tone.  Even if we get beaten I hope we’ve witnessed an encouraging show by the team. 

Too many meek capitulations at that dump in recent years.  

Celtic don't look great this season but the worrying thing is they have scored 12 goals in their two SPL games 😕

4 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

We’ve quite rightly enjoyed the win over Motherwell but some of the lavishing has been OTT. 

Was last week just a reaction or a sign of things to come? It’s about the performance for me. You rarely get lucky wins through there or play not so well and win. 

Its important our leaders step up, including the manager, and set a positive tone.  Even if we get beaten I hope we’ve witnessed an encouraging show by the team. 

It is important that our performances start to show some consistency and i hope we are braver than usual when going through there.

i don't expect to win, but i do expect us to compete.

Jambof3tornado

Lose an early goal and we are gubbed.

Score too early and we are gubbed.

Score an 89th minute winner...jackpot.

Think we will get beat though. Celtic will up their game. Be nice to add pressure onto popcorn teeth though.

11 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

It is important that our performances start to show some consistency and i hope we are braver than usual when going through there.

100% this. Would rather lose by a few goals having a REAL go than sit back and lose regardless. Time to show our mettle when we go through there. Pressure is all on them as we are expecting to get beat. Just Believe! 

A_A wehatethehibs
21 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Lose an early goal and we are gubbed.

Score too early and we are gubbed.

Score an 89th minute winner...jackpot.

Think we will get beat though. Celtic will up their game. Be nice to add pressure onto popcorn teeth though.

I think we can afford to go 1-0 down in this one. I can see Lennons Celtic scoring 1 goal then thinking job done, foot off the gas. As long as we keep our concentration and keep it 1-0 

The last half hour will be the important part, if we can throw Naismith on from the bench it could be the game changer which causes the upset.

Edited by A_A wehatethehibs

28 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

What have previous performances got to do with this one?

Same coaches but not the same team. 

You make a good argument for the reactions to games. Generally people over react most to poor performances. But celebrating good games is a positive thing.

Positive people achieve more in life. So you are also right that a positive approach to the game is what is needed.  Especially when their defence is their weak area. And that also suits the players. 

Sexton Hardcastle

We'll get beat and the brief couple of days of things being rosey, Levein being in the clear and the players be decent will be over.

Levein gtf, sack them all, full meltdown mode.

celtic win to nil. Awful record in Glasgow which won’t change.

I think Celtic will score,  can we score more than them?

The lack of a proven and reliable scorer other than Naismith still worries me.

I'll go 1 -1.

1 hour ago, Hampden Demolition said:

Joel

Smith    Halkett   Berra   Hickey 

Damour  Whelan

Clare                                 Mulraney

Naismith 

Washington

I would really like to see Irving involved, was impressive against Motherwell. Possibly if Naismith doesn’t make it?

The last time I watched Hearts play Celtic in Glasgow with Fraser Forster* in goals things turned out surprisingly well! Hope for more of the same on Sunday.

*I know he might not sign in time to play.

doctor jambo

The Celtic players that always worried me more than the others- the ones who always seemed to cause the most damage- Sinclair and Rogic appear to be out the picture.

So I am bright, full of beans and plugging for a Hearts win here!

Naismith, Whelan and Washington to start

Uche to come on about 65 mins to partner Washington and Naismith to come off.

Could be utter carnage for the Celtic defence!

The Treasurer

After what happened in our two previous league games, I'd be surprised if Naismith starts. More likely to be on the bench.

Would expect Whelan to start, probably in place of Irving, purely due to experience and defensive quality.

CloustonHMFC

Joel

Smith

Halkett

Berra

Hickey

Whelan

Irving

Damour

Clare

Washington

Mulraney

Subs: Doyle, Souttar, White, Bozanic, McDonald, Uche, Naismith

Hearts says 2-1 us but my head says 3-1 Celtic.

I don’t expect a result but I expect a performance. If we go and fold completely then I’ll, quite rightly, be annoyed but if we go and compete but get beat then I’ll not be as pissed. 

Clerry Jambo
5 minutes ago, Dallas Green said:

Irving should be starting. He ran the show against Motherwell imo.

Correct put the lad in with Whelan and Damour

I’m a realist and no, I can’t see us taking anything from the game. It’s coming from hope as opposed to anything else. LBH Septic will raise their game against us every single time, or at least try too. There is no love on both sides 

I just want to see us have a real go at them and get in their faces and put on a performance. 

This is isn’t a game where you analyse the result, but the performance. More important to play without fear and take that confidence into the next game 

Dallas Green
3 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Correct put the lad in with Whelan and Damour

100%

He will flourish beside them in midfield. 

1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

In a nutshell 👍

I'd love to see Mulraney in a more advanced role. I think his speed might pose celtic problems if he can get in behind on the counter attack.

Can't see us doing anything through there just because we seldom do but then again I thought we would get a doing at Hampden so what do I know. Head still can't see a win for us but heart says just maybe they will have an off day and we will click so 2-1 and 3 points to us. Get in!

The game against Motherwell was a well fought effort but still not great in the way of football. 

If Celtic play well, it could get embarrassing. 

Hopefully Whelan is a wonder signing. 

2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Heart

Head

There is hope. 

We'll need to protect Hickey from Broon.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
50 minutes ago, Sagan said:

The game against Motherwell was a well fought effort but still not great in the way of football. 

If Celtic play well, it could get embarrassing. 

Hopefully Whelan is a wonder signing. 

Remind me what the weather was like.

We played some decent football at Motherwell and in that weather did bloody well to do so.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
12 minutes ago, The Spy Who Loved Me said:

Souttar and Naismith ruled out.

Whelan is set to play some part.

If Whelan can’t do the full 90 it is much better that he starts and leads from midfield for at least 70 mins.

8 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Under the current regime we shit the bed constantly in Glasgow so I’m just hoping we go toe to toe with them.

Don't remember is having a great record in Glasgow under any regime.  

I jsut hope to go we go and have a go.  Sick of us sitting in at both Ibrox and parkhead on the bigger pitches lambs to the slaughter. 

The best way to get at celtic is to attack as they cant handle it. 

I will of course expect our usual drubbing. 

We were okay in the final - but still lost. Another performance like that with a bit of added steel from Whelan and Damour and extra up front with Washington. Live in hope.

Bazzas right boot
54 minutes ago, Marvin said:

We'll need to protect Hickey from Broon.

Whelan will burst Broon. 

Naismith and Whelan will have that covered. 

5 minutes ago, Barack said:

We might have to make a commemorative shirt for it.

As long as it's black it will sell

Ted Hastings

Like others I am taking the optimism from the cup performance and feeling like we could sneak something on Sunday.

I'd go

Joel

Smith Halkett Berra Hickey

Whelan

Damour      Irving

McDonald  Washington  Mulraney

Uche, Clare and Maclean as options from the bench if we need to change it.

Edited by Ted Hastings

Bazzas right boot
19 minutes ago, Barack said:

We might have to make a commemorative shirt for it.

:kirklol:

Bazzas right boot

If we don't get ploughed in the first 20 minutes we'll have a chance. 

All too often we're all over the shot from the first whistle and chuck goals in right, left and centre. 

When we start well we match them for long periods and 8 think have players that can hurt them.