14/1

NB GIN

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

You havin' a go??? 

🙄

You have your options, i have mine. If you think we apply ourselves correctly when we play at Celtic Park then great!  Bash on! 

Personally, keeping it tight for the first half hour and trying to get to half time without losing a goal, has been tried and tried and tried........without any success. 

We played a different system at the cup final, and apart from individual errors,  it worked.  We've not done that in a league game in Glasgow for years. Hopefully our management team will see this and play accordingly, instead of bottling it. 

As for havin' a go.......not behind a keyboard mate! 😎 

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

we get beat 6-0 fans will be wanting leveins head on a stick

And people aren't doing this now?? 🤣

2 hours ago, Djnoisy said:

The same amount of times we've gone and had a go.

I'd rather we'd lose 8-4 than this sitting back and try and contain them shit! Celtic will score goals at home no matter what. Just please, for once, let the team attack. 

I'd rather we didn't concede 8 - that's an embarrassing number of goals to concede whether we've had a go or not. 

Away up in Gorgie
7 hours ago, King prawn said:

I suspect you could count on one hand the amount of times we’ve won there in the last 10-15 years

It will be TEN years next month since we last won at Parkhead in any competition. Whisper it but Mikey Stewart scored the winner :rofl:in a 1-0 League Cup win. Before that the previous time we won, also in the League Cup, was in October 2007 when Velicka scored both goals in a 2-0 win.

The last SPL win also came in 2007 when we won 3-1 so it is 12 1/2 years since we returned from Parkhead with 3pts. Since then we have gone there 21 times and the record is:

Played  21

Won  0

Drawn  3

Lost  18

For  7

Against  56

All things considered 14/1 isn't even value!!!! 

By the way you would have to go back to 1992, 27 years ago and the famous Crabbe/Miller 2-1 game to get to 5 SPL wins at Parkhead. 

Bazzas right boot
47 minutes ago, Djnoisy said:

You have your options, i have mine. If you think we apply ourselves correctly when we play at Celtic Park then great!  Bash on! 

Personally, keeping it tight for the first half hour and trying to get to half time without losing a goal, has been tried and tried and tried........without any success. 

We played a different system at the cup final, and apart from individual errors,  it worked.  We've not done that in a league game in Glasgow for years. Hopefully our management team will see this and play accordingly, instead of bottling it. 

As for havin' a go.......not behind a keyboard mate! 😎 

All in jest. 

I get what you are saying but it's a tag line spouted in here a lot and it pisses me aff. 

We need to be better, but I think a performance like the final is needed to beat them tbh. 

Can't see any Scottish team apart from maybe  rangers going toe to toe with them at thier, even then they wouldn't want to concede early either. 

Defend, not to deep and when we get the ball use it properly. 

Key to any result is obviously not getting blown away in the first 20 minutes, too may times that has happened. Really annoying and too easy. 

Bazzas right boot
25 minutes ago, Away up in Gorgie said:

It will be TEN years next month since we last won at Parkhead in any competition. Whisper it but Mikey Stewart scored the winner :rofl:in a 1-0 League Cup win. Before that the previous time we won, also in the League Cup, was in October 2007 when Velicka scored both goals in a 2-0 win.

The last SPL win also came in 2007 when we won 3-1 so it is 12 1/2 years since we returned from Parkhead with 3pts. Since then we have gone there 21 times and the record is:

Played  21

Won  0

Drawn  3

Lost  18

For  7

Against  56

All things considered 14/1 isn't even value!!!! 

By the way you would have to go back to 1992, 27 years ago and the famous Crabbe/Miller 2-1 game to get to 5 SPL wins at Parkhead. 

That has to be in line with most teams tho? 

Aberdeen went 25 years without an Ibrox win. 

Even thier last win at Parkhead just happen to mean they finished 2nd ahead of rangers. Shock. 

Most teams have a terrible record thier, I remember Aberdeen went through a stage of pick a number. 

5,6,7,8,9 - nil every time home or away. 

It's a Scottish football thing in general. 

Away up in Gorgie
13 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

That has to be in line with most teams tho? 

Aberdeen went 25 years without an Ibrox win. 

Even thier last win at Parkhead just happen to mean they finished 2nd ahead of rangers. Shock. 

Most teams have a terrible record thier, I remember Aberdeen went through a stage of pick a number. 

5,6,7,8,9 - nil every time home or away. 

It's a Scottish football thing in general. 

Well thats OK then!!!!!!   :rofl:

You really do make it very difficult to take anything you say seriously when you literally attempt to find an excuse to anything and everything. It is a disgraceful, shameful, pathetic record for the 3rd biggest club in the country to have against any team domestically. Unfortunately it is also entirely in keeping with a club lacking any ambition and totally accepting of our 'place' that you would simply shrug off such stats as ok because other clubs have equally shite records.

Edited by Away up in Gorgie

I think a Levein Hearts team has only won 1 match away to the Old Firm in Glasgow (1-0 at Rangers May 2004).  And that match was a dead rubber as the league was already over.  I wouldn't even touch us at 100/1 this weekend.

8 hours ago, Chong said:

Hearts + 0.5 goals is the bet.

Good luck 

Might be right depending on the odds, do you know the best offering?

If it was at tynie we'd have a good chance, but...

Heres how Saturday will go:
We'll spend all week saying we don't care about the result because it's the hardest fixture in the league

Hopeful optimism will start on Friday night/Saturday morning
We'll release the teamsheets and see Naismith & Whelan's names in the xi, optimism starts to build more.
They'll no doubt be missing a couple of players after a Europa game 3 days earlier which will make us really believe we can do it.
Game starts and within the 1st 10 minutes they go 1-0 up.

2-0 before HT
Red card soon after restart, probably a penalty too.

The heads go down and they batter us for the rest of the game.

It's been that way when we go there for the last 10 years. It'll be up there with the 4-0 if we get a win

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Away up in Gorgie said:

Well thats OK then!!!!!!   :rofl:

You really do make it very difficult to take anything you say seriously when you literally attempt to find an excuse to anything and everything. It is a disgraceful, shameful, pathetic record for the 3rd biggest club in the country to have against any team domestically. Unfortunately it is also entirely in keeping with a club lacking any ambition and totally accepting of our 'place' that you would simply shrug off such stats as ok because other clubs have equally shite records.

It's not an excuse it's context.

I clearly said we need to do better and can do better but if you were new to football and read posts on here from some, you'd think we were the only team with an issue at these places.

3rd biggest club means **** all when the biggest has ten times the resources, again context. It's almost like saying Betamax was the 2nd biggest in video tapes....  

Not want to argue about this shite tbh, so you can wind yer neck in. All I done was give context and I used Aberdeen as an example, you then go on about lack of ambition and all sorts of nonsense. No one said it was ok.

I think we can improve our record and I have more hope than normal this weekend , but if we do get beat well, I am sure some will make it a Hearts or CL thing,  when given the context, it is not.

I'm gonna annoy a few folk on here but we're never winning this game.........

(It worked against the Well....)

12 hours ago, Jambosteve1902 said:

ignore fact they drew with dunfermline 1-1 and conceded 3 in europe at home to an average side?  the Motherwell game was not a 5-2 by any stretch either they were quite fortunate.  they're conceding goals.  again though nae ones allowed a different opinion to you.

They conceded 4 at home to Cluj 

7 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

These posts are imo the most silly on here. 

We've had a go in many defeats there. 

We've also been smashed and celtic had a go and it clicked for them. 

Just have a go and attack and somehow it will work is imo the worst patter trotted out on here. 

8-4? 

When was the last time we had a go at Parkhead???  I’ve been through there on numerous occasions - I must have missed these “many” games. 🤔

7 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

When was the last time we had a go at Parkhead???  I’ve been through there on numerous occasions - I must have missed these “many” games. 🤔

Struggling to think of this as well. Last 6 times I’ve been through there it’s been akin to Custer’s last stand with the same outcome. Please CL let’s have a go and don’t bottle it. 

On a positive note, I’ve taken us to win 2-1 @ 33/1. We must be due a win sometime. Also with Foster signing for the mhanks does that mean we’ll see gordon back next year? 🤔

Bazzas right boot
9 hours ago, Bainy said:

Levein will bottle it as per. 4/5 nil Celtic 

He's not playing. 

Won't be on the pitch. 

Nb, getting beat of a team at home who's lost a handful of games in 5 years isn't bottling it. 

Bazzas right boot

Have a go! 

Don't botlle it! 

Tatcical geniuses on here. 

Tommy Wright wouldn't have thought of that a few weeks ago, Mcinnes and Levein would never have uncovered such a brilliant plan either had it not been hatched on here. 

Hopefully Lennon doesn't catch on. 

What happens if celtic do the same - have a go and don't bottle it? 

Wtf does have a go in football even mean? 

All out attack? 

Just ignore them? 

Counter well? 

23 hours ago, Saughton Jambo said:

I’ll be having some of this. £50 on us to win. Will be in attendance in my maroon finery and hopefully feeling rather smug when we come away with a 1 goal victory. 

We are due to give them a doing at home sometime and Sunday is the day. Popcorns team are nothing like Brenda’s. In all honesty though, I hope we actually have a go and don’t try and park the bus for 90 mins. Every time we do that we end up losing by 4/5 goals. Surely CL has had enough experience of being pumped trying to defend that he’ll try the reverse psychology this week? HHGH 🇱🇻

I would like to think so but in today’s paper he mentioned how many goals they have scored which means one thing

But you have to defend well for sure just hope we try and play like last week because it worked well 

2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

He's not playing. 

Won't be on the pitch. 

Nb, getting beat of a team at home who's lost a handful of games in 5 years isn't bottling it. 

“He’s not playing” 🙈

Maybe not but he sets the tactics and team.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

“He’s not playing” 🙈

Maybe not but he sets the tactics and team.

Not the same as bottling it tho. 

As per you miss the point completely. 

🤷‍♂️

3 hours ago, NB GIN said:

I would like to think so but in today’s paper he mentioned how many goals they have scored which means one thing

But you have to defend well for sure just hope we try and play like last week because it worked well 

My head says the mhanks and my heart says it’s us. Either way I feel it’ll be close. I don’t think they’ll get it all their own way though. If we can go into half time level and with a few shots at goal then I’d hope our tails are up for the next 45. Been through there many a time to realise that it’s usually over as a tie in the first 15 mins. Looking forward to seeing Whelan and Damour in the middle together with Clare being our flair player. We need another colossal performance from Halkett and Berra. It’s like having two captains on the park. Keep it tight at the back and you just never know. Hopefully we come away with something for our endeavours and our season can kick on from now.  HHGH

Battle scrap run the legs off them

4 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

My head says the mhanks and my heart says it’s us. Either way I feel it’ll be close. I don’t think they’ll get it all their own way though. If we can go into half time level and with a few shots at goal then I’d hope our tails are up for the next 45. Been through there many a time to realise that it’s usually over as a tie in the first 15 mins. Looking forward to seeing Whelan and Damour in the middle together with Clare being our flair player. We need another colossal performance from Halkett and Berra. It’s like having two captains on the park. Keep it tight at the back and you just never know. Hopefully we come away with something for our endeavours and our season can kick on from now.  HHGH

Voiceofreasonfortheseason
On ‎22‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 10:36, Captain Sausage said:

We are getting horses on Sunday. History and current form both show this to be likely. 

Disagree, agree about the history part aye but I saw the start of something better from us last Friday night.  I think we will give them a game.  

Captain Sausage
1 hour ago, Voiceofreasonfortheseason said:

Disagree, agree about the history part aye but I saw the start of something better from us last Friday night.  I think we will give them a game.  

I hope you’re right. I’d like to think Motherwell sets the standard for how we play going forward this season, but I can’t see anything other than a convincing Celtic win. 

3 hours ago, Voiceofreasonfortheseason said:

Yeah I think it will be close agree 👍

8 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Not the same as bottling it tho. 

As per you miss the point completely. 

🤷‍♂️

No YOU miss the point with your usual inane excuses.

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

No YOU miss the point with your usual inane excuses.

Nope you did and still do. 

I replied to a poster saying CL would bottle it. 

You've came in all hands waving, slavers and with the usual  verbal skitters. 

It's a good laugh tho, innit'. 

29 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Nope you did and still do. 

I replied to a poster saying CL would bottle it. 

You've came in all hands waving, slavers and with the usual  verbal skitters. 

It's a good laugh tho, innit'. 

Now that IS a perfect example of “verbal skitters”!   😂