Massive Derby Clash

Kiwidoug

Hibs ladies have crept into the quarter finals of the SSE Scottish Cup where they will have to face their fabulous Hearts rivals on Sunday at the Oriam.

Taking into account sportswomaniship, my advice to the Hearts ladies is get tore right in, take nae prisoners and smash them to pieces.

A glorious double on Sunday is looming.

8 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Hibs ladies have crept into the quarter finals of the SSE Scottish Cup where they will have to face their fabulous Hearts rivals on Sunday at the Oriam.

Taking into account sportswomaniship, my advice to the Hearts ladies is get tore right in, take nae prisoners and smash them to pieces.

A glorious double on Sunday is looming.

Natural Order

The Future's Maroon

Good luck to the lassies 👍

(how long will it take for a negative comment)?!

48 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Great test for the new setup. Be huge for them if they won this. Would show real intent.

Highly Unlikely I’m afraid, still a fair gulf between the women’s teams at this level.

If Hibs are at full strength it would be the equivalent of Edinburgh City beating Rangers at the men’s game 

The girls section don’t officially come under the Hearts banner till next year, things will start changing then I’m certain.

Yeah the Hibs ladies team are a step up at the minute as they have had their setup longer but still a good test for them to give it a go.

1 hour ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Good luck to the lassies 👍

(how long will it take for a negative comment)?!

Because you're desperate for it:

Ladies football is pish and Hearts will probably get gubbed.

Apparently they only beat us 1-0 in the same fixture last year and I'm sure we will be a lot better now.  They might be too of course but I'm sure our ladies will give it everything.

All you can ever ask.

1 hour ago, Jambo647 said:

Highly Unlikely I’m afraid, still a fair gulf between the women’s teams at this level.

If Hibs are at full strength it would be the equivalent of Edinburgh City beating Rangers at the men’s game 

The girls section don’t officially come under the Hearts banner till next year, things will start changing then I’m certain.

Didn't know that.

Hibs ladies are doing well in the Champions league according to BBC Scotland Sportsound last week so it would be a great result for us to get a win.

Was 1-0 last time we played i believe which was an excellent result for us. Hopefully it turns on its head as time passes and we establish our women's team to be the best of the two. 

3 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

The Hibs ladies team could probably best their male first team equivalent due to the fact that they are pure pish. 

That I'd like to see :laugh:

3 hours ago, AlphonseCapone said:

**** hibs, in both their male and female forms. 

No difference, oh and they are all related.

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, poultry said:

No difference, oh and they are all related.

Dunno, done the bad thing with a few ladies of the hibs persuasion,  never with a male one tho. 

I'll take your word for it that there is no difference, tho. 😉

Just read in the EEN that we've signed an absolute superstar from Trumpland who hates the Hibs and can't wait to get going on Sunday.

Forgotten her name I'm afraid but part of it is Brill.

What a prospect.

Voice of reason

As someone with a fairly detailed knowledge of the teams in the women’s game, I have to say that anything less than a 4 goal margin of victory for Hibs would be a good result for Hearts at this point. Stirling Uni, who Hibs beat 5-0 this week, are currently a better team than us. This game is a bit of a distraction for Hearts who have a really tough job on their hands to get promoted from SPL2 this year.

However, looking forward, the gap is closing. Hibs are losing players down South quite regularly and lots of their better players have agents now and are actively looking to leave. If you think the mens game is stale with Celtic dominating then consider what the women’s game is like with Glasgow City about to win the league for the 13th year in a row! I don’t think Hibs winning cups is really cutting it for the more ambitious Hibs players. 

Hearts will bring the Ladies team in house for the first time in November which will hopefully give them a lift in terms of player recruitment. I definitely see the gap closing very quickly over the next few years. I won’t be reading too much into this weekend’s derby scoreline in terms of direction of travel.

31 minutes ago, Voice of reason said:

As someone with a fairly detailed knowledge of the teams in the women’s game, I have to say that anything less than a 4 goal margin of victory for Hibs would be a good result for Hearts at this point. Stirling Uni, who Hibs beat 5-0 this week, are currently a better team than us. This game is a bit of a distraction for Hearts who have a really tough job on their hands to get promoted from SPL2 this year.

However, looking forward, the gap is closing. Hibs are losing players down South quite regularly and lots of their better players have agents now and are actively looking to leave. If you think the mens game is stale with Celtic dominating then consider what the women’s game is like with Glasgow City about to win the league for the 13th year in a row! I don’t think Hibs winning cups is really cutting it for the more ambitious Hibs players. 

Hearts will bring the Ladies team in house for the first time in November which will hopefully give them a lift in terms of player recruitment. I definitely see the gap closing very quickly over the next few years. I won’t be reading too much into this weekend’s derby scoreline in terms of direction of travel.

Don't think you've been paying attention.  This is no forum for factual knowledge and reason.

I have no knowledge whatsoever but I'm certain we're going to thrash them.

4 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Just read in the EEN that we've signed an absolute superstar from Trumpland who hates the Hibs and can't wait to get going on Sunday.

What a prospect.

You’re brutal pal. 

36 minutes ago, Hercules said:

You’re brutal pal. 

Welcome to JKB pal.  Sorry if I've upset you. 😂😂😂😂😂😂❤❤❤

22 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Dunno, done the bad thing with a few ladies of the hibs persuasion,  never with a male one tho. 

I'll take your word for it that there is no difference, tho. 😉

Got me haha

13 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

What a prospect.

Was trying to work out what kind of visa she’d be on? We aren’t professional so she can’t get a work permit for us. If we are still amateur and they sign amateur papers maybe she’s just here on a tourist visa? 

3fingersreid
23 minutes ago, Old Castle Rock said:

Any going to this 

Yep , it’ll be updated on Twitter but I’ll post the score as the game progresses for those interested

10 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

1-1

:sob: Mad who ever is in charge of the team oooootttt!!1!!11!!

Footballfirst

To put things in perspective, in another Scottish Cup tie earlier today .....

Obviously eased off in the second half as it was 13-0 at half time.

Edited by Footballfirst