Ticket prices

muldoon74

17 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Possibly. Will anyone get a bette deal. 🤷🏼‍♂️

He's a bumbling mess. I wouldn't trust him to renew my phone deal let alone negotiate the TV deal. 

We need someone authoritative and who is actually a leader with some charisma. 

Neil Doncaster has all the authority and charisma of a pish stained jakey asking for change.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• JamboAl

• muldoon74

• Robbo-Jambo

2 hours ago, mitch41 said:

The football under Levein is so good the prices to get into Tynie should be doubled. How lucky we are to pay so little to watch a team play a brand of football that has the fans sitting on the edge of their seats, singing and cheering on the best team since 2012 when we won the Scottish Cup. They way we played against Ross County was an education and good value. Long may we have such a fabulously talented management who are loved by the fans.

Just the idiotic reply one would expect.

The quality of the football has little bearing on the price as there is no promise on the ticket.  You pay your money and take what you are given.  You could pay £1 for a schoolboy match and see a great game or you could pay £100 to watch Real Madrid and the game could be rubbish.

What you are trying to do, as always, is to use the thread to bash the club, not to make constructive comment on the topic itself.

Rocky jamboa
7 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Well don't pay it.

As I said, when you buy a ticket it does not promise you good football. 

Don't buy the programme either then if it's not good vfm but FFS stop moaning.

You're right. Don't pay it if you don't feel the price is value for money. But that's the whole point of this thread. We are hardly bursting at the seams attendance wise and should be encouraging people to go to the games. But charging up to £34 for a ticket for a hamilton game is ridiculous and taking the piss out of the fans. 

I logged on to e-tickets at the start of the season to buy tickets for a few games and ended up buying none because of the pricing. 

6 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

You're right. Don't pay it if you don't feel the price is value for money. But that's the whole point of this thread. We are hardly bursting at the seams attendance wise and should be encouraging people to go to the games. But charging up to £34 for a ticket for a hamilton game is ridiculous and taking the piss out of the fans. 

I logged on to e-tickets at the start of the season to buy tickets for a few games and ended up buying none because of the pricing. 

That's the spirit.  Don't buy if you feel you are not getting value for money or what you can't afford.  You are a model for others to follow.

6 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

That's the spirit.  Don't buy if you feel you are not getting value for money or what you can't afford.  You are a model for others to follow.

So if he can’t afford it he should just go ahead and buy ?

Cool.

1 minute ago, Boab said:

So if he can’t afford it he should just go ahead and buy ?

Cool.

Don't know how you managed to come to that conclusion from my post.  Are you pissed?

1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

Don't know how you managed to come to that conclusion from my post.  Are you pissed?

Or what you can’t afford.

What am I missing ?

15 hours ago, Boab said:

Doesn’t work like that.

You’ve got over 12K season ticket holders out of that 16k, paying less than that figure.

The theory would be the same. If tickets were 15/20 quid then season tickets would be cheaper and the overall revenue would be less.

It is a lot but think price is about right.

1 minute ago, Cal_ said:

The theory would be the same. If tickets were 15/20 quid then season tickets would be cheaper and the overall revenue would be less.

It is a lot but think price is about right.

Not necessarily.

If prices were lower, they could still be above ST prices as they are. Just a bit lower !

9 minutes ago, Boab said:

Not necessarily.

If prices were lower, they could still be above ST prices as they are. Just a bit lower !

Didn't realise a ST made it about 20 quid. Yeah could bring it it down a bit.

Just now, JamboAl said:

A brain maybe

Oh, you’re a clever **** eh.

35 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

There’s the post.

1 minute ago, Boab said:

Oh, you’re a clever **** eh.

There’s the post.

Look mate, if you can't afford it you can't have it.

The club can't afford to reduce prices to the point where everyone can afford it and that is no different to any other commercial enterprise.  Players must be hired and paid and the better the team you want, the more it is likely to cost.  You either can afford to pay for what is on offer or you can't, which is one reason I don't drive about in an Aston Martin

3 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

The club can't afford to reduce prices to the point where everyone can afford it and that is no different to any other commercial enterprise.  Players must be hired and paid and the better the team you want, the more it is likely to cost.  You either can afford to pay for what is on offer or you can't, which is one reason I don't drive about in an Aston Martin

That post was condescending bullshit. 

Your above post typifies modern football.

I dislike both. 

Still, that’s social media !

Good night.

31 minutes ago, Boab said:

That post was condescending bullshit. 

Your above post typifies modern football.

I dislike both. 

Still, that’s social media !

Good night.

Consructive debate is obviously your forte.

16 hours ago, mitch41 said:

The football under Levein is so good the prices to get into Tynie should be doubled. How lucky we are to pay so little to watch a team play a brand of football that has the fans sitting on the edge of their seats, singing and cheering on the best team since 2012 when we won the Scottish Cup. They way we played against Ross County was an education and good value. Long may we have such a fabulously talented management who are loved by the fans.

Bore off.

9 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Constructive debate ?

10 hours ago, JamboAl said:

A brain maybe

10 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Are you pissed?

I bow to your superior debating skills.

Rocky jamboa
12 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Precisely. People won't buy if they don't feel they are getting value for money. I can afford it but I'm not paying £34 to watch hearts v ross county and hamilton. It's overpriced. That's why the Ross county attendance was 2k down on a similar game at the start of last season. 

The club have got walk up prices wrong this season and it will have an impact on attendances, at a time when we should be trying to encourage fans to come along and fill our increased capacity stadium. 

14 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

Precisely. People won't buy if they don't feel they are getting value for money. I can afford it but I'm not paying £34 to watch hearts v ross county and hamilton. It's overpriced. That's why the Ross county attendance was 2k down on a similar game at the start of last season. 

The club have got walk up prices wrong this season and it will have an impact on attendances, at a time when we should be trying to encourage fans to come along and fill our increased capacity stadium. 

How much did it cost last season?

Rocky jamboa
11 hours ago, JamboAl said:

The club CAN afford to reduce prices. They have chosen to increase walk up prices, either to encourage more season ticket sales, or to make more money from walk ups, neither of which has happened so far this season. 

You are better to have more fans at the game at a cheaper price, commercially and atmosphere wise, plus the long term benefits of having fans hooked for life.

Based on us having 13k season ticket holders, so 2,500 walk ups for the ross co game, based on 15,500 attendance, at even the highest cost of £34 a ticket, that brings in £85k. If we had 4000 walk ups, so a 17k attendance, which was what we got in these games last season,  at a more reasonable price of £28, that is £112k, plus the extra money those additional fans would spend in the club shop, pie stand, hearts bar etc. So more fans at a cheaper price is better for everyone. 

So it is about "commercial enterprises" getting the balance right, as opposed to just putting prices up to generate more income. 

11 hours ago, JamboAl said:

It’s really not yours either by the look of it. 

46 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

The club CAN afford to reduce prices. They have chosen to increase walk up prices, either to encourage more season ticket sales, or to make more money from walk ups, neither of which has happened so far this season. 

You are better to have more fans at the game at a cheaper price, commercially and atmosphere wise, plus the long term benefits of having fans hooked for life.

Based on us having 13k season ticket holders, so 2,500 walk ups for the ross co game, based on 15,500 attendance, at even the highest cost of £34 a ticket, that brings in £85k. If we had 4000 walk ups, so a 17k attendance, which was what we got in these games last season,  at a more reasonable price of £28, that is £112k, plus the extra money those additional fans would spend in the club shop, pie stand, hearts bar etc. So more fans at a cheaper price is better for everyone. 

So it is about "commercial enterprises" getting the balance right, as opposed to just putting prices up to generate more income. 

Correct. 

59 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

Attendances are more performance than price elastic imo. Dropping it to £28 wouldn’t have conjured up another 2k attendees imo. 

Much as I may think there are some issue with pricing the reality is a winning side and one that is playing well will bring in the crowds

If that is not the case then we will have threads like this questioning the pricing structure

A winning side means fans turn a blind eye to many of the issues surrounding a club....those issues become magnified when the side is struggling or not meeting expectations 

2 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Much as I may think there are some issue with pricing the reality is a winning side and one that is playing well will bring in the crowds

If that is not the case then we will have threads like this questioning the pricing structure

A winning side means fans turn a blind eye to many of the issues surrounding a club....those issues become magnified when the side is struggling or not meeting expectations 

Spot on. 

1 hour ago, Paulp74 said:

I didn't sat the club can't afford to reduce prices.  I said they can't afford to reduce pricesTO THE POINT WHERE EVERYONE CAN AFFORD IT!

Looking at your penultimate paragraph you make some wonderful arithmetical calculations  If these fans can afford £28 but not £34 I reckon they would have less than £6 to spend on optionals.  Deduct the cost price and associated costs to HMFC of these optionals and they would have to sell an awful lot of pies etc.

And you are right it is about commercial enterprise and we have people on the staff who  are professional enough to make these calculations.

Rocky jamboa
44 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I didn't sat the club can't afford to reduce prices.  I said they can't afford to reduce pricesTO THE POINT WHERE EVERYONE CAN AFFORD IT!

Looking at your penultimate paragraph you make some wonderful arithmetical calculations  If these fans can afford £28 but not £34 I reckon they would have less than £6 to spend on optionals.  Deduct the cost price and associated costs to HMFC of these optionals and they would have to sell an awful lot of pies etc.

And you are right it is about commercial enterprise and we have people on the staff who  are professional enough to make these calculations.

Obviously not with attendances being 2k down on last year, plus the numerous people commenting on this thread!

16 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

Obviously not with attendances being 2k down on last year, plus the numerous people commenting on this thread!

As I said earlier, reducing prices by a fiver won’t bring in an extra 2000 supporters. 

Clerry Jambo
11 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

As I said earlier, reducing prices by a fiver won’t bring in an extra 2000 supporters. 

Probably not Dave but more importantly for me is the pricing with drive numerous amounts of Hearts fans away that would have been considering going along until they seen the ridiculous price structure

7 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Probably not Dave but more importantly for me is the pricing with drive numerous amounts of Hearts fans away that would have been considering going along until they seen the ridiculous price structure

Interestingly my platinum ST costs £500 which works out about £28 a game. That seems reasonable for nine months ‘entertainment’ to me. 

4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Interestingly my platinum ST costs £500 which works out about £28 a game. That seems reasonable for nine months ‘entertainment’ to me. 

It is, Dave.

Conversely, I don’t think you’d be miffed if a walk up was paying £30 sitting next to you, would you ? For a Cat B that is.

I don’t think anyone is saying...slash the prices to levels below what a ST would be....that’s no incentive to buy upfront, just lower them a bit.

I don’t think that is a bad thing.

Edited by Boab

4 minutes ago, Boab said:

It is, Dave.

Conversely, I don’t think you’d be miffed if a walk up was paying £30 sitting next to you, would you ? For a Cat B that is.

I don’t think anyone is saying...slash the prices to levels below what a ST would be....that’s no incentive to buy upfront, just lower them a bit.

I don’t think that is a bad thing.

Personally I wouldn't be. 

Clerry Jambo
37 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Personally I wouldn't be. 

I presume you’re not one of the many that want to cut the old firm allocation, because it won’t be full of Maroon and white that’s for sure

5 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

I presume you’re not one of the many that want to cut the old firm allocation, because it won’t be full of Maroon and white that’s for sure

I think it would seriously impact our bottom line to do that. 

5 hours ago, Paulp74 said:

We've only played 1 league game and RC are not the best followed team in the league.

What are the the respective figures for last season's RC game(s)?

PS - When you talk so authoritatively on attendances, do you mean the number of people who attended or the number of tickets sold?

Clerry Jambo
15 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

We've only played 1 league game and RC are not the best followed team in the league.

PS - When you talk so authoritatively on attendances, do you mean the number of people who attended or the number of tickets sold?

You can’t deny the opening attendance v Ross county was down and disappointing. You seem the kind of person that would be happy to have 12500 season ticket holders spread around 3.5. stands and that’s it. Walk up fans are as much important to boost finances especially when the team is doing well, these prices don’t encourage families who come along a few times a season

1 hour ago, Clerry Jambo said:

You can’t deny the opening attendance v Ross county was down and disappointing. You seem the kind of person that would be happy to have 12500 season ticket holders spread around 3.5. stands and that’s it. Walk up fans are as much important to boost finances especially when the team is doing well, these prices don’t encourage families who come along a few times a season

Was down on what?

a derby attendance?

an OF game?

last season's average attendance?

If you tell me what figure you're comparing the recent RC attendance with, we might reach agreement.

My recollection is that RC brought about 2 bus loads and the school end was fairly empty.  That tells me that they are the lowest (or one of the 2 lowest) travelling supports in the league.

You seem to be the kind of person who jumps to conclusions and doesn't provide anything to back them up.

Clerry Jambo

Was down on what?

a derby attendance?

an OF game?

last season's average attendance?

If you tell me what figure you're comparing the recent RC attendance with, we might reach agreement.

My recollection is that RC brought about 2 bus loads and the school end was fairly empty.  That tells me that they are the lowest (or one of the 2 lowest) travelling supports in the league.

You seem to be the kind of person who jumps to conclusions and doesn't provide anything to back them up.

OK confirmed happy clapper that's fine.

So the away fans were the reason for a poor turnout, thank god we will have the Hibs and Old Firm to fill our ground!!

1 minute ago, Clerry Jambo said:

OK confirmed happy clapper that's fine.

So the away fans were the reason for a poor turnout, thank god we will have the Hibs and Old Firm to fill our ground!!

OK pantwetter.

You don't have figures.  Empty barrel.

Clerry Jambo

OK pantwetter.

You don't have figures.  Empty barrel.

they are wringing!!

Edited by Clerry Jambo

Hectormasson
11 hours ago, Paulp74 said:

Well put 👏👏👏

Rocky jamboa
5 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Mate, bury your head in the sand all you want. The attendance v similar teams I.e. st mirren, st j, who take "two bus loads of fans" as you put it, are already 2 thousand down on last season. I want Hearts to be selling out every week. These prices wont do that. We've come a long way in the last 3/4/5 years. Dont blow it by taking the fans for granted, which is what the club is currently doing 

It's quite simple. If we have a good team on the park you can get away with a more 'premium' price point. Whilst you are performing like we are (despite our supposed health and wealth), the last thing you should do is put the prices up.

Would I pay £34 as a walk up to see a game I anticipated to be tediously boring? No.

Would I pay £34 to see a game where I was confident we'd play well and win? Begrudgingly, yes.

And £34 to watch Burley's team? In an instant.

9 hours ago, Paulp74 said:

Mate, bury your head in the sand all you want. The attendance v similar teams I.e. st mirren, st j, who take "two bus loads of fans" as you put it, are already 2 thousand down on last season. I want Hearts to be selling out every week. These prices wont do that. We've come a long way in the last 3/4/5 years. Dont blow it by taking the fans for granted, which is what the club is currently doing 

Mate you stop burying your head up your **** and stop your moaning.

I'll ask you again

WHAT FIGURES ARE YOU COMPARING THE 2000 DROP IN ATTENDANCE WITH?

We have only played 1 league game against a team with probably the poorest travelling support in the league and nor can I see a bucket load of our non ST holders thinking "I must race along to Tynie to get a ticket to see the mighty RC before they are all sold out!"  Add to that people will be away on holiday who might otherwise  have attended.  And you're saying all of this is because the walk-up price is £34 instead of £28!!

Now do us all a favour and answer the question in bold

Nelly Terraces

A mate of mine wanted to take his 6 year old son to the Ross County match.

5quid for the nipper. Good stuff.

But then... 29 for my mate, plus icing on cake 3 quid 'admin' fee to print ticket at home.  Total cost would've been a ridiculous 37 nicker.

Needless to say, he didn't bother & won't be taking his son to any games this season. Another future fan lost.

Rocky jamboa
5 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Mate you stop burying your head up your **** and stop your moaning.

I'll ask you again

WHAT FIGURES ARE YOU COMPARING THE 2000 DROP IN ATTENDANCE WITH?

We have only played 1 league game against a team with probably the poorest travelling support in the league and nor can I see a bucket load of our non ST holders thinking "I must race along to Tynie to get a ticket to see the mighty RC before they are all sold out!"  Add to that people will be away on holiday who might otherwise  have attended.  And you're saying all of this is because the walk-up price is £34 instead of £28!!

Now do us all a favour and answer the question in bold

Can you not read? I've already said st mirren and st johnstone. 

This link shows you our attendances for last season and you'll see our attendances v st mirren and livi at home last season were 17,700. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018–19_Heart_of_Midlothian_F.C._season

8 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

Can you not read? I've already said st mirren and st johnstone. 

This link shows you our attendances for last season and you'll see our attendances v st mirren and livi at home last season were 17,700. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018–19_Heart_of_Midlothian_F.C._season

Paisley and Perth are much nearer than Dingwall so I would expect more travelling fans for a start but exactly how many attended these games?

What were our respective prices for last season?  Did they go up by £6?

Rocky jamboa
38 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Paisley and Perth are much nearer than Dingwall so I would expect more travelling fans for a start but exactly how many attended these games?

What were our respective prices for last season?  Did they go up by £6?

Neither will bring 2,000 more!