Ticket prices

muldoon74

2 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

I'm working and unlikely to make the game, I have an adult and child season ticket you can have for a donation to big hearts. 

Nice gesture. :icon14:

Generous lot us folk from The Ferry. :greggy:

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• JamboAl

• muldoon74

• Robbo-Jambo

AlphonseCapone
33 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

That's the point though, only the best seats are that price.

Thanks to having a great stadium, there are plenty good seats available at a much cheaper price and kids tickets are cheaper still.

You could sitting on the British throne and it still wouldn't be worth more than £25 to watch Scottish football. 

fabienleclerq
50 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Nice gesture. :icon14:

Generous lot us folk from The Ferry. :greggy:

We are, unfortunately it's too expensive for me now and I've moved to the dark side! 

maroonlegions
18 hours ago, Notts1874 said:

All football is overpriced.

Bundesliga aint. Some tickets provide transport to the game.  

1 hour ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

That's true, but even the upper Roseburn and Gorgie are 29 quid each and are the second cheapest seats available.

That's 60 quid for two folk in seats that are not exactly great tbh.

I'm sorry, but what is this pricing the cost for two adult tickets nonsense?  If you go yourself or you go with a mate the price is the same. Your mate will have to pay as well of course but quoting the price for two is hardly relevant to as discussion of whether the tickets are overpriced. Seems like you just want to be able to quote a higher price. Might as well quote the price for you'd have to pay if you took 10 mates if you are just looking to post a figure that looks high.

I'm still yet to see anyone take up the challenge to post that they want to pay less and are happy to see Hearts results worsen as a result. Or at the very least they could argue for a cap across the league and accept this means that we will see the overall quality worsen as more and more players head to English lower leagues or overseas.

1 hour ago, mitch41 said:

Hearts are massively overpriced for the quality that’s dished up.

Quite a lot of posts like this. Really this is nothing about price is it. It is just that you are unhappy with results. In terms of decision to attend, fans are (unsurprisingly) far more sensitive to results than they are to price. If we were top of the league we wouldn't have a weekly thread on the price of tickets being too high.

29 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

I'm sorry, but what is this pricing the cost for two adult tickets nonsense?  If you go yourself or you go with a mate the price is the same. Your mate will have to pay as well of course but quoting the price for two is hardly relevant to as discussion of whether the tickets are overpriced. Seems like you just want to be able to quote a higher price. Might as well quote the price for you'd have to pay if you took 10 mates if you are just looking to post a figure that looks high.

I'm still yet to see anyone take up the challenge to post that they want to pay less and are happy to see Hearts results worsen as a result. Or at the very least they could argue for a cap across the league and accept this means that we will see the overall quality worsen as more and more players head to English lower leagues or overseas.

Quite a lot of posts like this. Really this is nothing about price is it. It is just that you are unhappy with results. In terms of decision to attend, fans are (unsurprisingly) far more sensitive to results than they are to price. If we were top of the league we wouldn't have a weekly thread on the price of tickets being too high.

Your last part is spot on.

Football is only expensive when we were shite. Can't recall any complaints at the beginning of last season.

1 hour ago, Saint Jambo said:

Think you are being a tad harsh to the other poster. Quoting two ticket price for a companion isn't that unfair...

For those of us who can't make everygame it means alot of our hearts supporting friends will have ST etc.

It can sometimes mean encouraging a lukewarm or neutral fan along with the offer of a ticket. Or in my case if I go with the old man he probably can afford it off his pension so I pay for his etc.

If you are used to having a ST along with your chums I can see your logic but I don't think the other poster was being unreasonable

in the 80s when they brought in the all seater stadium it was a coordinated attack on the casuals by increasing the prices of tickets they cant use that excuse anymore

prices for the spfl should be frozen @ £20 for adults £10 for concessions £5 OAP & kids under 12

You know if we played as a team that wasn’t such a shambles, even if the results were dodgy, there 

wouldn’t be so many wanting the management out. Watching Hearts over the last 9 months have 

been depressing. Now that we manage to beat a poor Motherwell team there’s Levein having a go 

at fans who are fed up with his inability to do the job.

15 minutes ago, Masonic said:

in the 80s when they brought in the all seater stadium it was a coordinated attack on the casuals by increasing the prices of tickets they cant use that excuse anymore

prices for the spfl should be frozen @ £20 for adults £10 for concessions £5 OAP & kids under 12

That would severely impact revenue. 

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

That would severely impact revenue. 

which is a disgrace match ticket sale should be a tiny fraction of the clubs turnover if u look at the money other leagues pull in for commercial stuff % wise we are nowhere near it. If there was a competent leader at the head of the spfl that could get a fair tv deal the clubs wouldnt have any problems at all reducing prices to these levels

1 minute ago, Masonic said:

which is a disgrace match ticket sale should be a tiny fraction of the clubs turnover if u look at the money other leagues pull in for commercial stuff % wise we are nowhere near it. If there was a competent leader at the head of the spfl that could get a fair tv deal the clubs wouldnt have any problems at all reducing prices to these levels

So you think a ‘competent’ leader could make up the shortfall?

So you think a ‘competent’ leader could make up the shortfall?

someone who can negotiate a fair tv deal

1 minute ago, Masonic said:

someone who can negotiate a fair tv deal

What you, or I, think is fair doesn't really come into commercial negotiations with the TV companies. 

OK calm down. 

Let's just do it for one person then. 

34 quid for one adult in the best seats. 

29 quid for one adult in the upper Gorgie or Roseburn, the second cheapest seats. 

These prices to watch the likes of Hamilton and Ross County are too high as most people on this thread seem to think as well. 

I have got a season ticket so it doesn't affect me, but for fans who have not got one, possibly because they can't afford one, how the hell are they meant to afford these walk up prices on a regular basis? 

Edited by Robbo-Jambo

What you, or I, think is fair doesn't really come into commercial negotiations with the TV companies. 

sound like my old bird mate just looking for an arguement.

tv deal is a scam and needs renegotiated simple as that you dont need a degree in business to know that.

38 minutes ago, Alan_R said:

Think you are being a tad harsh to the other poster. Quoting two ticket price for a companion isn't that unfair...

For those of us who can't make everygame it means alot of our hearts supporting friends will have ST etc.

It can sometimes mean encouraging a lukewarm or neutral fan along with the offer of a ticket. Or in my case if I go with the old man he probably can afford it off his pension so I pay for his etc.

If you are used to having a ST along with your chums I can see your logic but I don't think the other poster was being unreasonable

Cheers. 

Have now quoted it on a one person basis, which he seems to want, to try to explain my point. 

2 hours ago, fabienleclerq said:

We are, unfortunately it's too expensive for me now and I've moved to the dark side! 

Dunfermline or Leith? 😉 😄

1 hour ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Your last part is spot on.

Football is only expensive when we were shite. Can't recall any complaints at the beginning of last season.

If we beat Hamilton 7 nil I would still think 34 quid for a decent seat is over the top for a game like that and I am a season ticket holder. 

At the end of the day its a forum and we are all entitled to our own opinion on topics and that just happens to be mine. 

Some folk will agree, some won't. It would be boring if we all thought the same and that's not going to happen on JKB anytime soon 😏

Edited by Robbo-Jambo

20 minutes ago, Masonic said:

sound like my old bird mate just looking for an arguement.

tv deal is a scam and needs renegotiated simple as that you dont need a degree in business to know that.

We could get Boris to bluff it. Negotiations between unequals seldom go well. 

Johnny Sandiego
12 hours ago, Shaggy2 said:

Does anyone genuinely believe that a football club’s first course of action when receiving cash, say from an improved TV deal, will be to reduce ticket prices?

Reducing ticket prices won’t even be on a board meeting agenda.

As for requesting that walk up prices are £15 (lower than your ST per game)? Wow, just wow!

I’d like to see a cap on away pricing like there is in England. I believe it’s £30 down there, so £20 up here should just about do it. A similar maximum charge for ST holders of both clubs involved (maybe up that to £30 as some games are huge and could be sold out several times over) to gain entry to cup ties.

For walk-ups who attend as often as possible there could be a loyalty card. You could pay £30 for your first game of the season, £29 for your next, £28 for your third and so on, down to a minimum price of £20. If you found you were able to attend all 19 home games that would total £435 if my calculations are correct. Not much more than a Gold ST, but essentially it is more as it just has to be. 

That loyalty card is a great idea and something that would likely be popular for walk up fans. 

From memory we have done a 3 or 4 game ticket at an overall reduced price in the past too.

Not sure what the solution is, i know a few guys who dont have season tickets but wont pay the walk up prices as they dont think its value for money. It might be a different story if we were winning every week.

Stephen Muddie
55 minutes ago, Cal_ said:

Got a Rangers ticket from 2004. £24. So gone up at the same rate as everything else.

Everything apart from wages, that is. And big TVs, Big Mac meals, rented cars, flights to Spain and drugs are cheaper than ever, relatively, so nobody really notices.

Edited by Stephen Muddie

3 hours ago, Alan_R said:

Asking Hearts to design their ticket pricing to make it affordable to someone on a low income who wants as an individual to buy two full priced adult tickets for the best seats in the stadium is to my mind absolutely unfair.

When I wasn't a season ticket holder and my mates had season tickets, I regularly attended as a walk-up fan and sat on my own. Generally I sat in the Roseburn upper and had a perfectly good view. I'd be with mates before or after the game. If there were free seats we could choose to move to sit together in one of the unpopular areas of the stand. The idea that to ensure my enjoyment their should have been tickets priced so that not only could I go, but I could afford to pay for a mate is, frankly, for the birds.

2 hours ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

OK calm down. 

Let's just do it for one person then. 

34 quid for one adult in the best seats. 

29 quid for one adult in the upper Gorgie or Roseburn, the second cheapest seats. 

These prices to watch the likes of Hamilton and Ross County are too high as most people on this thread seem to think as well. 

I have got a season ticket so it doesn't affect me, but for fans who have not got one, possibly because they can't afford one, how the hell are they meant to afford these walk up prices on a regular basis? 

I don't know why you are acting like I've been trying to shut down your point of view. I've been putting a counter point like you might expect on a discussion board. 

So now I understand your point, let me ask a simple and direct question, as a season ticket holder are you happy for Hearts to generate less income and therefore be less competitive on the park and ultimately lose more games, so that they can offer cheaper tickets to walk-up supporters?

Would they generate less income though? 

A drop in prices, not drastically, might actually get more people through the turnstiles, so the income would be the same or possibly more and get a larger number of people catching the bug to keep coming back. 

If you drop the prices you might get hundreds of people in that would surpass the income the club might get from over priced tickets that could possibly put folk off attending. 

In effect it is all about striking the right balance and you are right it's all about opinions that are bound to differ.

Sorry about being a bit arsey in my last post, not had the best of days. 😏

From a personal point of view I know a few non season ticket holders that would attend more walk up games if the prices were not so steep. 

I certainly wouldn't want the club to cut prices to the extent of weakening the squad but its all about finding a balance to suit all parties. 

I'd like to clarify that I don't expect the best seats in the house for **** all.. I just think the pricing structure is a bit OTT..

We supposedly have good business brains t the club.. why cant they come up with an all round please everybody policy?

I've not got a business brain, hence I'm not in business...

For the record I've bought my ticket tonight.. £29 in the Gorgie stand. But oh wait, it's £31.50 by the time they add in admin fees, which I thought were illegal now. Actuall over £32 because I have to pay postage.

My seat isn't too far away from the seat I watched us tank the Hubz in the orginal 5-1... Mark de Vries home debut... :) 

3 hours ago, davemclaren said:

I think one thing everyone can agree on, is that Neil Doncaster cannot stay on any longer. Man has failed time after time to secure a deal which actually leaves us not feeling insulted, degraded and humiliated. 

Budge has done more for Hearts than most other chairmen have for their respective clubs. I think Budge could do a better job of negotiating a TV deal tbh. 

kettering jam tart

The prices have increased by £2 in the platinum and gold areas and £1 in the silver and bronze from last season, yet I did not see one thread opposing the prices last season, the main stand against Hamilton last season was £32, agreed possibly too expensive but clubs rely on ticket income more than ever, this must be the way budge sees best fit to maximise that.

Hectormasson
3 hours ago, mitch41 said:

You know if we played as a team that wasn’t such a shambles, even if the results were dodgy, there 

wouldn’t be so many wanting the management out. Watching Hearts over the last 9 months have 

been depressing. Now that we manage to beat a poor Motherwell team there’s Levein having a go 

"One swallow dont make a summer"  levein should realise this !!!

38 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Would they generate less income though? 

A drop in prices, not drastically, might actually get more people through the turnstiles, so the income would be the same or possibly more and get a larger number of people catching the bug to keep coming back. 

If you drop the prices you might get hundreds of people in that would surpass the income the club might get from over priced tickets that could possibly put folk off attending. 

In effect it is all about striking the right balance and you are right it's all about opinions that are bound to differ.

Sorry about being a bit arsey in my last post, not had the best of days. 😏

From a personal point of view I know a few non season ticket holders that would attend more walk up games if the prices were not so steep. 

I certainly wouldn't want the club to cut prices to the extent of weakening the squad but its all about finding a balance to suit all parties. 

But what price? Ross county had just under 16,000 at I assume £30.

20,000 seats sold at 15/20 quid would both generate less cash.

2 minutes ago, Cal_ said:

Said in my last post not drastically cut prices. 

Your figures go from 30 quid down 15/20 quid which is actually a huge drop in prices. 

It's getting the balance right and I wouldn't advocate cuts as drastic that but the 30 quid a head is IMO too expensive. 

It's the jump from £21 to £29 that is a major issue

Bronze pricing to Gold with nothing in between (or in the new stand Silver to Gold)

£21 to £29 is a 38% price rise and that is too much..in some cases you may only be 2/3 yards away

Making the Roseburn for example Gold in the upper areas is just too much

5 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

It's the jump from £21 to £29 that is a major issue

Bronze pricing to Gold with nothing in between (or in the new stand Silver to Gold)

£21 to £29 is a 38% price rise and that is too much..in some cases you may only be 2/3 yards away

Making the Roseburn for example Gold in the upper areas is just too much

Correct. 

You could sit in the Roseburn or Gorgie in the top row of the lower section, row 8 it might be? for 21 quid. 

If you are in the upper section of these stands and sit in the bottom row of them it's 29 quid, the only thing separating them is the concourse so your view would be very  similar with a gap of 8 quid. 

Just had a glance at Liverpools premier league home prices and you can get a seat in the Kop for 37 quid if I am reading it right. 

4 hours ago, mitch41 said:

You keep trotting out his trash on a regular basis.  The last 9 months were not good but despite agitators trying to get a ST boycott, I doubt if  the income from this source has been affected.   In fact it has probably helped us acquire better quality players this season than previously.

The thread, however, is about walk up prices so do everyone a favour and save your vitriol for another thread.

2 hours ago, OTT said:

I think one thing everyone can agree on, is that Neil Doncaster cannot stay on any longer. Man has failed time after time to secure a deal which actually leaves us not feeling insulted, degraded and humiliated. 

Budge has done more for Hearts than most other chairmen have for their respective clubs. I think Budge could do a better job of negotiating a TV deal tbh. 

Possibly. Will anyone get a bette deal. 🤷🏼‍♂️

8 hours ago, Cal_ said:

Doesn’t work like that.

You’ve got over 12K season ticket holders out of that 16k, paying less than that figure.

10 hours ago, JamboAl said:

You keep trotting out his trash on a regular basis.  The last 9 months were not good but despite agitators trying to get a ST boycott, I doubt if  the income from this source has been affected.   In fact it has probably helped us acquire better quality players this season than previously.

The thread, however, is about walk up prices so do everyone a favour and save your vitriol for another thread.

Agitators, ST boycott, trotting out trash & vitriol my god man you have lost the plot. This is a forum for opinions

why accuse people of these words for voicing their views.

In Scotland match day income is very important due to our miniscule TV income therefore prices are generally high.  Highish walk up prices make buying a season ticket more attractive to regular fans. 

Including away fans Hearts have 6,000 tickets available. 2,500 when we play the vermin or old firm. If we had 15,000 season ticket holders you would struggle for a ticket for category A games. The increase in capacity combined with 3 years of mediocre ,at best, performances have combined to highlight the pricing issue.

Hopefully if we have a good season demand for season tickets will increase next season and walk ups this season.

I still feel that we have too many categories  5 in all from bronze to premium, some of the cheaper hospitality options are now comparable with premium tickets. I would probably have 2 gold for centre stands in Wheatfield and main and silver for behind both goals and sides of main and Wheatfield. There is an argument for an additional  category for upper versus lower stand seats.

17 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Agitators, ST boycott, trotting out trash & vitriol my god man you have lost the plot. This is a forum for opinions

why accuse people of these words for voicing their views.

I think it's a long time since you lost the plot voicing the same drivel on every topic.

This is about walk-up prices and there is nothing on the ticket (or season ticket) which says you're going to get good, bad or indifferent football so why rattle on about it?

I’ve never condoned or asked for a Season Ticket boycott. I’m very happy with my ST price and prices in general 

but the product on the pitch is no way good enough for what the fans pay.  Now we all know the pies are 

overpriced but they are good just like the £3.50 programme which is a great read. 

I've had season tickets for decades but didn't re-new this season. I decided the day before to go to the Ross County game and it was £29 for this category B game. Was a bit shocked, especially as the last row of the lower section is priced at £21 but bought two anyway, £48! There's usually a few empty seats further up so next time i'll be getting £21 tickets, sit further up anyway, and save £16 for beer money.

45 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

I’m very happy with my ST price and prices in general 

but the product on the pitch is no way good enough for what the fans pay.  

That doesn't sound like you're very happy with the prices.

1 hour ago, mitch41 said:

I’ve never condoned or asked for a Season Ticket boycott. I’m very happy with my ST price and prices in general 

but the product on the pitch is no way good enough for what the fans pay.  Now we all know the pies are 

overpriced but they are good just like the £3.50 programme which is a great read. 

Well don't pay it.

As I said, when you buy a ticket it does not promise you good football. 

Don't buy the programme either then if it's not good vfm but FFS stop moaning.

15 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Well don't pay it.

1 hour ago, jambonian said:

I've had season tickets for decades but didn't re-new this season. I decided the day before to go to the Ross County game and it was £29 for this category B game. Was a bit shocked, especially as the last row of the lower section is priced at £21 but bought two anyway, £48! There's usually a few empty seats further up so next time i'll be getting £21 tickets, sit further up anyway, and save £16 for beer money.

If it was for 2 adults it would be 58 quid.

Sorry Al quoted your post by mistake!! 

Edited by Robbo-Jambo

1 minute ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

If it was for 2 adults it would be 58 quid.

yes, £58. Pressed 4 instead of 5! That makes it seem even worse!

1 minute ago, jambonian said:

yes, £58. Pressed 4 instead of 5! That makes it seem even worse!

Sure does ☹️

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

Well don't pay it.

The football under Levein is so good the prices to get into Tynie should be doubled. How lucky we are to pay so little to watch a team play a brand of football that has the fans sitting on the edge of their seats, singing and cheering on the best team since 2012 when we won the Scottish Cup. They way we played against Ross County was an education and good value. Long may we have such a fabulously talented management who are loved by the fans.

Edited by mitch41