Amazon

JamboSpur

A friend of mine uses it, I use apple music myself. Not a lot of differences that I've noticed, just the layout. I just find apple music more user friendly. Sorry, not much help.

Never Let Them Forget

Have tried Apple Music a few times (free trials) but just can’t get into it, for me Spotify is far supreme to both.

Cairneyhill Jambo

I pay £9 a month for Amazon Prime. You get free next day delivery on most items bought off Amazon, as well as tv series, films etc which you can download to watch offline.

I can also download most albums on Amazon music. Me being a bit older means most older albums can be downloaded to my phone for free. 

Edited by Cairneyhill Jambo

Unknown user

I'm on YouTube premium, I get YouTube Music which has all the usual stuff like spotify, as well as the soundtrack from videos on YouTube marked as music. 

And of course, YouTube without ads and their original stuff. 

I pay 18 quid a month for 6 accounts, all 6 think it's great. 

10 minutes ago, Cairneyhill Jambo said:

I pay £9 a month for Amazon Prime. You get free next day delivery on most items bought off Amazon, as well as tv series, films etc which you can download to watch offline.

I can also download most albums on Amazon music. Me being a bit older means most older albums can be downloaded to my phone for free. 

Go ahead ya old fart, in my senior years Spotify is my choice, tried Amazon Prime any decent movies you had to pay for.

So for me, Spotify and Netflix by the length of Princes Street, Edinburgh, Capital of Scotland.

Edited by Jamdub

dobmisterdobster

I use YouTube Premium because I watch a lot of YouTube and having no ads and background playback on mobile is very useful.

The YouTube Music app is a bonus.

AlphonseCapone

I use it, and I like it. I can find some very obscure music that I like plus the stuff you'd expect. The suggestions based on what you listen to are pretty good for finding new tunes and bands. 

I should say I don't pay as I'm included on someone in my family's account but I'd probably consider paying myself tbh. 

I use Deezer, I fear I may be one of the very few. I find it better than Spotify in terms of a lot of the more obscure stuff I listen to. 

1 hour ago, Cairneyhill Jambo said:

I've got this and didn't know it included the music until now.  :facepalm: 

Thanks  :thumbsup: 

1 hour ago, Cairneyhill Jambo said:

Didn’t know this.  We sometimes pay for Amazon Prime anyhow but, if we’d known about the music too, we would probably have gone for this option.

Thanks. :thumbsup:

Unknown user
49 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

I use YouTube Premium because I watch a lot of YouTube and having no ads and background playback on mobile is very useful.

The YouTube Music app is a bonus.

I love YouTube music, gigs, rarities, anything that's on YouTube, but in a music app. I've got Nirvana's 1991 Calton Studio gig on at the moment - I'd be very surprised if that's on Amazon or spotify!

Amazon Prime Music and Amazon Music are two separate serviced. The number of songs available through Prime Music is a lot less than through the full music service.

been here before
8 hours ago, Cairneyhill Jambo said:

No you dont. You pay £9 a month for it, amongst other things.

8 hours ago, Tazio said:

I use Deezer, I fear I may be one of the very few. I find it better than Spotify in terms of a lot of the more obscure stuff I listen to. 

Snap. I like it better than spotify and it's great for podcasts too. Also really like their mix and flow options. Tenner a month I think.

I ditched Amazon music as soon as the Sonos one got Google compatibility. I'm not sure there's much difference in the service but I dislike Alexa, she's a bit thick. £14.99pm I'm sure it is for a family plan (6 users). 

luckyBatistuta

Use the music most days, definitely worth the money.

On a wee side note...

Ask Alexa...what is 100 in Welsh😂  (make sure the kids aren’t in earshot)

Unknown user
11 minutes ago, IronJambo said:

I ditched Amazon music as soon as the Sonos one got Google compatibility. I'm not sure there's much difference in the service but I dislike Alexa, she's a bit thick. £14.99pm I'm sure it is for a family plan (6 users). 

I like Google home a lot more than Alexa, for understanding plain speak of nothing else, but I'll admit that a part of my decision to go with YouTube premium was that we're already in the Google ecosystem with android phones, Google Homes and Chromecasts throughout the house. Also, I watch a lot of YouTube documentaries, so if I'm going to pay for a music service, might as well get one that takes the ads off normal YouTube and allows playback to continue with the screen off, not to mention music you won't find on any of if the other services. 

3 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Use the music most days, definitely worth the money.

On a wee side note...

Ask Alexa...what is 100 in Welsh😂  (make sure the kids aren’t in earshot)

Then ask her who the best football team is in Edinburgh 

:verysmug:

16 hours ago, Smithee said:

I love YouTube music, gigs, rarities, anything that's on YouTube, but in a music app. I've got Nirvana's 1991 Calton Studio gig on at the moment - I'd be very surprised if that's on Amazon or spotify!

I've been tempted to buy YouTube premium. But ever since those stupid congratulations things appeared here, I don't trust my phone anymore.

Edited by ri Alban

8 hours ago, Smithee said:

I like Google home a lot more than Alexa, for understanding plain speak of nothing else, but I'll admit that a part of my decision to go with YouTube premium was that we're already in the Google ecosystem with android phones, Google Homes and Chromecasts throughout the house. 

All of this. It just makes sense to keep in that one system.

• 1 year later...
Салатные палочки

I wonder if someone could answer this for me. 

I bought a Kindle the other day. Included in it is a three month free trial of Kindle Unlimited. It arrived yesterday and I downloaded two books, which both came to £6.98. I checked my bank after it and nothing had came out but in my Amazon account it says in my orders the total for the books. 

Now, and this may be a silly question, are the books actually free because of the Kindle Unlimited subscription? 

Not sure I can add to this properly but I think you are correct. I took out Audible (primarily for my wee one and to assist with homework) and got a free trial with two free books. Bonus is I got the full Partridge Oasthouse podcasts which counted as a book, 21 episodes. So think you are fine, Amazon tend to be generous on their trials. 

On 20/08/2019 at 22:31, Tazio said:

Deezer for me as well. I put it down to that's the first one I used so there's  no changing now.

Tried others, don't like the user friendliness of them.

Enjoy my Amazon Music.

I do have an Alexa device in all bedrooms, living room and kitchen so chose their music for convenience. Sometimes have it playing housewide. Bluetooths in the car fine. Streams pretty seamlessly wherever I've been.

Only annoying thing is some songs removing themselves from playlists over time.

6 hours ago, Der Kaiser said:

Enjoy my Amazon Music.

I do have an Alexa device in all bedrooms, living room and kitchen so chose their music for convenience. Sometimes have it playing housewide. Bluetooths in the car fine. Streams pretty seamlessly wherever I've been.

Alexa are spy machines. 

8 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Alexa are spy machines. 

People have mobile phones, devices that can record video, sound, location, speed, internet activity, phone calls, messages, media, emails, bank balance, subscriptions, send it all back to HQ without you even knowing, and they never let them leave their sides.

But Alexa is spying on you

:facepalm:

9 minutes ago, Smithee said:

People have mobile phones, devices that can record video, sound, location, speed, internet activity, phone calls, messages, media, emails, bank balance, subscriptions, send it all back to HQ without you even knowing, and they never let them leave their sides.

But Alexa is spying on you

:facepalm:

Phones are too. Alexa adverts will probably pop up on jkb, now. 

2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Phones are too. Alexa adverts will probably pop up on jkb, now. 

Of course, the fact that you're repeatedly using the word on jkb will have nothing to do with that.

Just now, Smithee said:

Of course, the fact that you're repeatedly using the word on jkb will have nothing to do with that

Are you her Maw? 

::troll::

luckyBatistuta
7 hours ago, Der Kaiser said:

Enjoy my Amazon Music.

We’ve got the Show in all the rooms, great piece of kit. The removing of songs from your playlist annoys me too.

3 hours ago, Der Kaiser said:

Hmmm....I did wonder why I kept getting recommendations for hand lotion.....

:rofl:At least someone isn't so serious, bud. 👍