Team Vs Celtic

julienbrellier

12 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Get that with Mulraney, but I think he'd protect Hickey against Forrest more than Naismith would - he'd play inside.  Don't want Mulraney pushed back, but he'd be better doubling up when needed and could even push Celtic back on that side of the pitch as they'd need to worry about his pace, so maybe Forrest wouldn't get so much backing.

If we’re going to do that, play White left wing. 

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cruyff Turn

• NB GIN

• smiler

• julienbrellier

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

Common sense to prevail, Whelan in for Jamie. Naismith, Doyle, White, Uche & Soutar on the bench. Team should be:

Pereiro

Smith        Berra        Halkett        Hickey

Whelan        Damour

Clare         Irving        Mulraney

Washington

Think this will be it. Could be important to have a bench to change it. Naismith off the bench to secure all three points 👌🏻

Sierra Delta
1 hour ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Doesn't matter what team we put out, we'll lose. It's Hearts at Celtic Park!

That's the spirit! 

Any team without Andy Irving is wrong. Hopefully we see Whelan get his first start and Naismith fit enough for at least the bench.

2 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

I hope we don't start with Naismith. The last thing we need is another injury in a game which we're unlikely to get anything from anyway. Might be worth having him on the bench though just in case we're in with a shout with 20 minutes to go. Souttar we have cover for so give him another week.  

Agree totally.

Same team as the 'Well game for me with Naismith in for Walker and maybe Whelan in for Irving, consistency will breed results  and we haven't had enough of a settle team the last few year.

Got a decent feeling about this game, who's going to start the 'We're going to pump Celtic thread' ?:clyay:

There's never a good time to go to Celtic park. 

Even when you think they are struggling they have the players who can win a game with a moment of individual skill.

That said I think we have a chance and it's a free shot at them. So if we get the tactics right who knows.

I would line up as close to the Motherwell game as is possible. It suited the players and the more they do it the more effective it should be.

3 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Pereira

Halkett.    Berra

Smith                                   Hickey

Whelan.          Irving

Damour 

Mulraney                 Naismith 

Washington 

This team for me!

It’s about work, work , work. 

You need that mindset embedded if you want a chance to win v them. 

Its not about being overly cautious or going 5 at the back. We’ve got ability to hurt Celtic but as a unit we need to match or give more than them.  

If we start taking out one or two attack minded players to go more defensive, you can forget it. 

Edited by Debut 4

4 hours ago, smiler said:

He's hardly impartial though is he... 

He is the best we have and I think he is much better than a few years ago 

Whelan for Walker , Irving sitting infront of Damour and Whelan , Jake and Clare swapping wings, Connor leading the line . 

Uche and Naisy to come on in the last 20 to seal the win . 

13 minutes ago, jamborich said:

Clare for Irving

Clare at parkhead, just don’t think it’s his type of game, he’d get lost in the midfield imo. I not bashing him there’s game that suit him I just don’t think away to Celtic is one of them.

39 minutes ago, Firefox said:

One of my most favourite games and goals ever. Still haven’t forgiven Eoin Jess for ruining our league ambitions that year. 

NaturalOrder74

They’ve got their big champions league qualifier tonight so they should be exhausted on Sunday anyway loads of money up for grabs if they can reach the group stage 

4 hours ago, maroonshrew said:

Zanatta at the expense of Clare im guessing? Understand the desire to replace him but not sure Zanatta is the guy to be thrown in there. 

Also not a prayer we will or should start an out and out two up front away at Celtic. 

It’s not only to replace Clare I’m actually a fan, I’m also just a fan of Zanatta and he’s been in good form recently! Yeah you’re right, but i would definitely rather Hearts go there and try and win rather than try not to lose.

4 hours ago, wallace_mercer said:

I’d actually start uche up front with Washington and mulraney on the wings and Naismith in behind 

uche is due a good performance 

I’d keep Irving and damour as the middle two and bring on whelan later 

I’d be very surprised to see Uche start too many games from now on, we are just far too one dimensional when he plays

At this point in time McLean would be our back up striker, he is a far more intelligent footballer than Ikpeazu.

Obviously McLean is not the long term answer, but if we are looking to play another striker beside Washington (with Naismith playing a little deeper behind the front two) then McLean would be my and I suspect at this time, Craig Leveins preference too

4 hours ago, wallace_mercer said:

I’d actually start uche up front with Washington and mulraney on the wings and Naismith in behind 

uche is due a good performance 

I’d keep Irving and damour as the middle two and bring on whelan later 

Uche is due a good game lol. I fear you have more chance of seeing s**t* falling from a rocking horse!

1 hour ago, Rudy T said:

Clare at parkhead, just don’t think it’s his type of game, he’d get lost in the midfield imo. I not bashing him there’s game that suit him I just don’t think away to Celtic is one of them.

Get your point just feel he is  improving imo would be a better option than Irving 

1 hour ago, ramrod said:

Whelan for Walker , Irving sitting infront of Damour and Whelan , Jake and Clare swapping wings, Connor leading the line . 

Uche and Naisy to come on in the last 20 to seal the win . 

This is where I’m at.  

2 hours ago, NaturalOrder74 said:

They’ve got their big champions league qualifier tonight so they should be exhausted on Sunday anyway loads of money up for grabs if they can reach the group stage 

?

2 hours ago, NaturalOrder74 said:

Double ?? 

NaturalOrder74
8 minutes ago, smiler said:

Double ?? 

25 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

?

Its a wind up obviously doesn’t come across well on a forum 

7 hours ago, HMFC86 said:

Think this will be it. Could be important to have a bench to change it. Naismith off the bench to secure all three points 👌🏻

Think your right but wouldn’t be surprised to see uche up top for this 

7 hours ago, julienbrellier said:

I´m revising my team, Clare is pish. It´s harsh but true, adds nothing for me.  I quite like the idea of Irving alongside Whelen and Damour in midfield. Can´t wait to see Whelen get stuck into that **** Scott Brown

You better watch. I got criticised for slating Clare on Saturdays match thread. To some the guy can do no wrong.

9 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

Good, he's our best 

8 hours ago, Dandyman79 said:

wouldn't start Naismith,  bring him on with 20/30 mins left if the game is still in the balance 

Pereira

Smith        Berra        Halkett        Hickey

Whelan        Damour

Clare         Irving        Mulraney

Washington

4 hours ago, Firefox said:

Absolute quality , remember it well, that’s when we used to travel in great numbers to the slum 2 goals in quick succession and mental both times when we scored ahh the memories 

1 hour ago, Boghell51 said:

Absolute quality , remember it well, that’s when we used to travel in great numbers to the slum 2 goals in quick succession and mental both times when we scored ahh the memories 

Was there too - Hearts fans all squeezed into that wee wedge in the corner.  Couldn't believe the bend on that Scott Crabbe shot!  Pandemonium when it went in and even more pandemonium when Millers goal went in. 

8 hours ago, Bauld said:

There's never a good time to go to Celtic park. 

Even when you think they are struggling they have the players who can win a game with a moment of individual skill.

That said I think we have a chance and it's a free shot at them. So if we get the tactics right who knows.

I would line up as close to the Motherwell game as is possible. It suited the players and the more they do it the more effective it should be.

Will he do that away to Celtic I think not 

12 hours ago, julienbrellier said:

Not writing this one off. We can take something from this match if everybody performs. Looks like Naisy is back, but Souttar maybe not so on that basis I would go:

El Gato

Smith                           Berra                       Halkett                       Hickey

Whelen/Irving                   Damour

Clare                                     Naismith                              Mulraney

Washington

The laddie Irving defo deserves a start thought he's been great when played this season 

Whoever CL thinks is good enough for me. Give it a go for the first 20 minutes, if it doesn't work play counter attack.

29 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Whoever CL thinks is good enough for me. Give it a go for the first 20 minutes, if it doesn't work play counter attack.

That's the plan imo, don't let them settle. A bit of Euro fatigue might help us a bit  particularly if we can get the crowd on their backs.

I'm very hopeful but not confident.

11 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

That's the plan imo, don't let them settle. A bit of Euro fatigue might help us a bit  particularly if we can get the crowd on their backs.

I'm very hopeful but not confident.

👍 Intae thim!

CloustonHMFC

Joel

Smith

Halkett

Berra

Hickey

Whelan

Irving

Damour

McDonald

Washington

Mulraney

Subs:  Doyle, Souttar, White, Bozanic, Clare, Uche, Naismith

Thats how I’d like us to line up but we’ll more than likely see Clare playing, either in place of McDonald or Irving. 

9 hours ago, Herbert said:

Would be better off the bench when legs are getting heavy. 

No danger Washington will be on the bench 

Do we play big uche up top with Washington the defence of Celtic is very weak 

Do we sit back 

As much as last weeks performance was great and we should stick with it I would be tempted to play the big man since walkers injured he is more effective than Clare or Maclean 

Absolute Scenes
10 hours ago, Herbert said:

Would be better off the bench when legs are getting heavy. 

Madness to start Keena ahead of him. Keena has played about 3 first team games.

Washington will run those defenders ragged

Ron Burgundy
18 hours ago, jamborich said:

Clare for Irving

Irving is a much braver player than Clare.

Clare will give you nothing at places like Parkhead or Ibrox unfortunately IMO.

Bazzas right boot
23 hours ago, jambo-fletch said:

Joel

Smith    Halkett   Berra  Hickey

Whelan Damour

Clare          Naismith      Mulraney

Washington

Think it’s gotta be this team! Harsh dropping Irving I guess and I’m still not sold on Clare. Just hope we have a right go at them

Pretty much what I'd do, although 'Id maybe put Uche on instead if Clare in this one. 

Let Uche loose on the wing, see what he can do. 

Him and Washington will Press all day and they will have most of the ball, Clare I think can be infectual in these types of game. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

1 hour ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Madness to start Keena ahead of him. Keena has played about 3 first team games.

Washington will run those defenders ragged

I would just rather save him from getting booted about. I dont expect anything from going to Glasgow so guys that missed preseason or guys on the fringes should get a game.

Absolute Scenes
10 minutes ago, Herbert said:

I would just rather save him from getting booted about. I dont expect anything from going to Glasgow so guys that missed preseason or guys on the fringes should get a game.

Fair enough mate, I'd feel nervous for Keena not getting booted about given he's still young and quite slight, Washington is at least built a bit