Tom Boyd. Oh dear.

Biguche

I still feel sorry for Rangers after Celtic got that penalty against us in the cup final.

Mind you, Rangers got all those penalties against St Mirren so I guess it's fair.

4 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Bet Michael Stewart had feck all to say on that one....

Apart from some meaningless piss and wind about a Pandora’s box... never quite says enough to upset the ugly twins but just enough to make it sound like he’s got a point!

Hectormasson
4 hours ago, Biguche said:

And Celtic's response.. oh dear, oh dear!

The Scottish FA compliance officer is to review comments made by ex-Celtic captain Tom Boyd about referee John Beaton during Saturday's League Cup win against Dunfermline.

Commentating for CelticTV, the club ambassador criticised the referee for not awarding the hosts a penalty.

"If he doesn't know that's a penalty he should not be in the middle of the park refereeing a football game," Boyd said.

"He'll probably be welcomed down his pub tonight again."

Celtic said in a statement: "We have had absolutely no contact from the SFA in relation to this matter and, given the context and circumstances in which the comments were made, would be astonished if the matter were to be progressed. If it is, then we will respond robustly."

Holders Celtic beat Dunfermline 2-1 in extra time and during half-time of the additional 30-minute period, Boyd commented further on Beaton's decision not to give the hosts a spot-kick for handball.

"Old law, new law, no matter what kind of law, that is a penalty," he said. "How John Beaton hasn't given that... we've seen it before from referees like this. John Beaton not giving us penalty, absolutely stunning decision… standing alone there, I wonder what his thoughts are.

"I'm mystified… I'm not mystified. John Beaton as though it was a pre-meditated decision not to give that penalty because it was so late in the game, I'm not sure.

"It's come off his arm. Regardless of players down or whatever, he's not given a drop ball. So he's seen it hit the hand of the Dunfermline player and it should be a penalty. Outrageous decision from John Beaton.

"We've not played well, but once again a decision from a referee may cost us in this game, hopefully we'll go on and beat not the 10 men, not the 11 men of Dunfermline, but the 12 men."

The compliance officer is to investigate the nature of the comments.

Boyd played for Celtic between 1992 and 2003, winning eight trophies, and was capped 72 times by Scotland.

Piece of s...e boyd is ! Hates hearts and tynecastle ! Epitomising what that lot are,everyone's against us shite !!! Despicable wee  c...t ...

SectionDJambo

This would be coming under the rule that the SFA invented, to hit Hearts with, when Romanov was pointing out, in his own inimitable way, how corrupt the SFA and Scottish referees were. He wasn’t, officially, connected to Hearts so they made this rule up.

I, and many others of my age, have spent over half a century watching both sides of the poisonous duo in Glasgow, getting decisions in their favour which defied belief. The Scottish press, mostly, have kept a satisfied silence on these matters, showing their true colours as either too scared to speak out, or part of the problem.

This country is diseased with sectarianism which has supported a duopoly of those 2 clubs over many years. The only time there was a respite, in my time going to see Hearts, was when Ferguson and McLean consistently called the referees out for their corrupt bias towards them. Two strong characters who wouldn’t be silenced and, to a large extent, prevailed to the benefit of Aberdeen and Dundee United.

Cairneyhill Jambo
8 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

This would be coming under the rule that the SFA invented, to hit Hearts with, when Romanov was pointing out, in his own inimitable way, how corrupt the SFA and Scottish referees were. He wasn’t, officially, connected to Hearts so they made this rule up.

I, and many others of my age, have spent over half a century watching both sides of the poisonous duo in Glasgow, getting decisions in their favour which defied belief. The Scottish press, mostly, have kept a satisfied silence on these matters, showing their true colours as either too scared to speak out, or part of the problem.

This country is diseased with sectarianism which has supported a duopoly of those 2 clubs over many years. The only time there was a respite, in my time going to see Hearts, was when Ferguson and McLean consistently called the referees out for their corrupt bias towards them. Two strong characters who wouldn’t be silenced and, to a large extent, prevailed to the benefit of Aberdeen and Dundee United.

Rule 38 - Article 29.2 of the SFA Judicial Panel Protocol.

A club or recognised football body which publishes, distributes, issues, sells or authorises a third party to publish, distribute, issue or sell a match programme or any other publication or audio/visual material of any description in any media now existing or hereinafter invented, including but not limited to the Internet, social networking or micro-blogging sites, shall ensure that any such publications or audio/visual material does not contain any criticism of any match official calculated to indicate bias or incompetence on the part of such match official or to impinge upon his character. There shall be a presumption that any material issued, published, distributed and/or sold in such manner was issued, published, distributed and/ or sold in the name of and/or with the authority of the body bearing to have issued, published, distributed and/or sold the material.

132goals1958
9 hours ago, Rudy T said:

Apart from some meaningless piss and wind about a Pandora’s box... never quite says enough to upset the ugly twins but just enough to make it sound like he’s got a point!

I wish someone had slammed the lid of Pandora,s box before he had the chance to jump out 

Celtic issue these laughable,  pompous,  warcry type statements in every instance of criticism or possible sanction.      They do so because they feel completely obliged to.     Their lunatic support demands nothing less than Defcon 1.     It's in their collective psyche to deny,  deflect and justify.    Anything and everything.

6 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

How completely delusional do you have to be to think Celtic get robbed by referees? :laugh:

The man is a gaping, cavernous arsehole.

It's not unusual by any means.    Most of them do subscribe to the whole theory of having been disadvantaged by biased referees.    Completely and utterly brainwashed and conditioned within their bubble.     

jack D and coke

Mind boggling. Wonder what he thought about Edouard’s dive in the cup final the knobend. 

Edited by jack D and coke

TyphoonJambo
3 hours ago, cheetah said:

Thom Bhoyd is a cretinous arsehole.

You read his school report then 

Mr Boyd should look at the highlights of Celtic v Motherwell. Just after Motherwell had taken lead they had one of the clearest fouls in Celtic’s box, totally ignored by ref. If they had gone 2-0 might not have got gubbed 6-2.

Can someone enlighten me? If i remember correctly, they were threatening legal action against referees after a few "bad" decisions against them, about 9/10 years ago? Pathetic club.

jack D and coke
8 minutes ago, Mort said:

Can someone enlighten me? If i remember correctly, they were threatening legal action against referees after a few "bad" decisions against them, about 9/10 years ago? Pathetic club.

Refs went on strike didn’t they?

A foul and vile institution from boardroom to terrace. Poisonous to the entire country. 

Tom Boyd is a welt.  As Celtic as Celtic get.  A parody of their paranoia and "only the OF matter" type psyche these boils on the arse of our game have.

That said, this whole wee scenario points out exactly what's wrong with our game.  Cos he's right.  In a way.

John Beaton is a current bun, locals will know this and he does go to the pub after reffing big games and act the big man.  He has given some astonishing decisions in favour of Rangers.  He is an awful ref.  A tit of a man, to boot.

It just isn't a massive leap for anyone at all Celticky to assume bias and agenda with a guy like this.  And guys like this are rife - on both sides of that ugly divide - throughout our referees.

It's all the problems with our reffing and OF-centric game and country wrapped up quite nicely really.  95% of our refs coming from Lanark and Glasgow.  Only 3 Edinburgh refs in history have reffed a Scottish Cup Final, and more and more facts to back up the actual bias in our country - not towards Rangers or Celtic, but towards Rangers AND Celtic.

Celtic of course get far, far more decisions in their favour than against them, and Boyd has more than a cheek to even go there.  Try walking a mile in our shoes, son.  But, as horribly as he has stated it, he has a point.  Just not really the one he thinks he has.

Pasquale for King

Beaton is a currant bun, any Eric from them on Collum though?

Boyd is as thick as they come, not many can say they scored for Brazil in a World Cup though.

65133BDD-A57A-417E-85D4-DE4DA4E3A1A0.png

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Refs went on strike didn’t they?

A foul and vile institution from boardroom to terrace. Poisonous to the entire country. 

People who go on strike usually have a good reason and do a good job, the hypocrisy of these useless ***** is staggering.

Tom English was spot on last night; Celtic football club are the real problem here not just Tom Boyd. To issue a statement before they’d even heard from the SFA was bad enough but to effectively endorse Boyds opinion that the referee is a biased bigot takes things to a new level. The ref and his family have been targeted in the not so distant past by arsehole Celtic fans. When it happens again which it will Celtic will issue another statement full of sanctimonious sounds bites about their wonderful fans. 

Not for Boyds comments but for the statement Celtic should be docked points give them something to really write a statement about.

upgotheheads
11 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Tom English was spot on last night; Celtic football club are the real problem here not just Tom Boyd. To issue a statement before they’d even heard from the SFA was bad enough but to effectively endorse Boyds opinion that the referee is a biased bigot takes things to a new level. The ref and his family have been targeted in the not so distant past by arsehole Celtic fans. When it happens again which it will Celtic will issue another statement full of sanctimonious sounds bites about their wonderful fans. 

Not for Boyds comments but for the statement Celtic should be docked points give them something to really write a statement about.

This whole stooshie has its start with Beaton being photographed in a Rangers pub after an old-firm match if I'm not mistaken.

That was such a stupid thing to do that he should have been severely disciplined if not sacked.

5 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

This whole stooshie has its start with Beaton being photographed in a Rangers pub after an old-firm match if I'm not mistaken.

That was such a stupid thing to do that he should have been severely disciplined if not sacked.

Was it him though? I sort of remember this and I’m not sure it was him. I might be wrong.

It still doesn’t give Celtic free reign to start it up again.

I think we can all rely on The Tache, late CEO of the Edinburgh Celtic Tribute Act and now chief windbag, seat warmer and air miles collector extraordinaire  at the SFA to bring his usual impartial views on this.

They'll get away with it of course. The same as Gerrard got away with his "history of bad decisions" speech in his first game in charge of The Rangers. Both are disgusting entities who play victim when things happen to not be following their agenda and status quo.

Hated Tom Boyd since his OG v Brazil at France 98.

Beaton is a cheating Hun but Celtic have got their own refs as well. They really do live in their own ridiculous wee Glasgow bubble. 

part_time_jambo
23 hours ago, Zlatanable said:

It annoys me that Rangers have banned the BBC. 

It's a ridiculous situation, and it is years old. 

It annoys me more that the BBC still report Rangers news. "Steven Gerard said..." etc although unable to have the actual audio. Deny them the oxygen.

Coburg Hearts

Tom English has them sussed.

No end of Celtic people on here crying conspiracy. Funny how all the poor refereeing decisions that go in their favour are air-brushed from history. In three recent Cup finals, against Hearts, Aberdeen and Motherwell, they got three dodgy penalties. Give it a rest lads

Hectormasson
22 minutes ago, Coburg Hearts said:

Tom English has them sussed.

No end of Celtic people on here crying conspiracy. Funny how all the poor refereeing decisions that go in their favour are air-brushed from history. In three recent Cup finals, against Hearts, Aberdeen and Motherwell, they got three dodgy penalties. Give it a rest lads

Exactly b.........s !!@🖕

6 hours ago, Rudy T said:

Both arse cheeks are terrible for this.  As soon as there is any hint that trouble might be coming their way, they issue a statement that's entirely aimed at putting the SFA or SPFL on the back foot.  It's nothing short of intimidation.

jack D and coke
9 hours ago, RobNox said:

Both arse cheeks are terrible for this.  As soon as there is any hint that trouble might be coming their way, they issue a statement that's entirely aimed at putting the SFA or SPFL on the back foot.  It's nothing short of intimidation.

And absolutely works. It’s an intolerable situation. The biggest problem is the fact our association IS as bent as a nine bob note. 

First and foremost it’s a cheating ******* organisation but also utterly gutless in dealing with either side of those scum *****. 

I read on twitter yesterday that Boyd had said somewhere before, on a documentary apparently, that there used to be a female member of the SFA who let refs choose their matches if they pumped her? :lol: 

Anybody else ever heard that one?

Edited by jack D and coke

24 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

And absolutely works. It’s an intolerable situation. The biggest problem is the fact our association IS as bent as a nine bob note. 

First and foremost it’s a cheating ******* organisation but also utterly gutless in dealing with either side of those scum *****. 

I read on twitter yesterday that Boyd had said somewhere before, on a documentary apparently, that there used to be a female member of the SFA who let refs choose their matches if they pumped her? :lol: 

Anybody else ever heard that one?

Hope that is true !

There's some arsepiece in the Daily Record hotline thing saying that Celtic only get a fair crack of the whip when they play European games.

🤪

1 hour ago, Victorian said:

There's some arsepiece in the Daily Record hotline thing saying that Celtic only get a fair crack of the whip when they play European games.

🤪

The opposite is true only time they get a proper ref is in Europe imagine a Scottish ref giving a penalty at Parkhead when they're 2-1 up with 20 minutes to go? Like the guy v Cludj last week.

14 hours ago, part_time_jambo said:

It annoys me more that the BBC still report Rangers news. "Steven Gerard said..." etc although unable to have the actual audio. Deny them the oxygen.

Spot on. I actually turn Radio Scotland off whenever they start talking about Rangers. It’s a ridiculous situation that Rangers will be getting their share of the money from the BBC’s deal with the league/cups, that the BBC give them so much air time, and yet they are banned from Ibrox.

If our governing bodies weren’t so spineless they would be punishing Rangers for this.

Horatio Caine
4 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

Spot on. I actually turn Radio Scotland off whenever they start talking about Rangers. It’s a ridiculous situation that Rangers will be getting their share of the money from the BBC’s deal with the league/cups, that the BBC give them so much air time, and yet they are banned from Ibrox.

If our governing bodies weren’t so spineless they would be punishing Rangers for this.

I bet if Hearts had banned the BBC from Tynie we would hardly be getting a mention.

The Treasurer
2 hours ago, Victorian said:

🤪

That is actually true.

They get refereed fairly in Europe, that's why they have had so many red cards and very few (if any) dodgy penalties.

2 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

That is actually true.

They get refereed fairly in Europe, that's why they have had so many red cards and very few (if any) dodgy penalties.

Id really love it if someone did a Yellow and red analysis and a crime count (particularly a Scott Brown one!) between their domestic and European games.

Even given the fact that European opposition will generally be of higher quality and they'll have less of the ball, do more chasing, tackling etc I still think it would show a massive imbalance in their treatment. Bunch of ***** that they are.

The Treasurer
8 minutes ago, Boof said:

Id really love it if someone did a Yellow and red analysis and a crime count (particularly a Scott Brown one!) between their domestic and European games.

Even given the fact that European opposition will generally be of higher quality and they'll have less of the ball, do more chasing, tackling etc I still think it would show a massive imbalance in their treatment. Bunch of ***** that they are.

That's always the excuse the media trot out when stats show how few cards they have compared with other clubs domestically