Conor Mcgregor

Better call Saul

Better call Saul

Cretin of a man.... 

Punches an old lad in the face because he doesn't want to drink his brand of whisky 

The old lad may have said something  I don't know!! but the camera doesn't lie. 

This was back in April. Was pouring folk a glass of his 'proper 12' whiskey and the guy declined from what i've read. Guy is a mess since he got money

AlphonseCapone

I used to be a big fan of Conor McGregor. He came into the UFC and brought a certain charisma rarely seen, and seemed to be able to back it up. He also appeared to be an ordinary guy from a working class background who worked hard and got to the top of his field, I'm a sucker for that sort of story. 

But in reality, it does seem he was much more talk than walk. And he's actually nothing more than a jumped up ned with a lot of money now. Between this and a few of the other stories that have went about it seems he's actually a proper scumbag, and not just someone who's a bit of dick because of money. 

So aye, I fell for the hype unfortunately. Lesson learned. 

Some Irish bars in the states now refusing to stock his whiskey.Couldnt handle the fact that the old man didn't want his shite overpriced Bushmills rebrand.

Has seemingly got into a phone fight now over it and challenged an Irish boxer to settle it in the ring after phoning him up in the middle of the night ranting and raving at the guy.

Luke Keeler will never be anything more than a domestic level middleweight however he will absolutely smash McGregor and his Karate stance to bits. 

AlphonseCapone
15 minutes ago, Ferris Bueller said:

Sorry didn't realise it was so long ago 

It's only hit the news over the last few days. 

1 hour ago, allyby said:

He tells it the way it is.

McGregor is not a hard man and never has been. He's a crap MMA fighter with the heart of a fly. All bravado and pish. I've met harder men in Niddrie. 

AlphonseCapone
3 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

McGregor is not a hard man and never has been. He's a crap MMA fighter with the heart of a fly. All bravado and pish. I've met harder men in Niddrie. 

And that's just the women... 

chuck berrys hairline

Nate Diaz exposed him for the world to see an odious coward. Noone in the martial arts world respects him just your pissed up lads type

AlphonseCapone
2 minutes ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

Nate Diaz exposed him for the world to see an odious coward. Noone in the martial arts world respects him just your pissed up lads type

I'd say Khabib exposed him more than Nate did considering the size difference between him and Nate and that Nate took the second fight and lost. 

3 hours ago, AlphonseCapone said:

I used to be a big fan of Conor McGregor. He came into the UFC and brought a certain charisma rarely seen, and seemed to be able to back it up. He also appeared to be an ordinary guy from a working class background who worked hard and got to the top of his field, I'm a sucker for that sort of story. 

But in reality, it does seem he was much more talk than walk. And he's actually nothing more than a jumped up ned with a lot of money now. Between this and a few of the other stories that have went about it seems he's actually a proper scumbag, and not just someone who's a bit of dick because of money. 

So aye, I fell for the hype unfortunately. Lesson learned. 

I'm in the same boat. Really liked him at first but he has now shown the true connor. Will be in jail soon probably

4 hours ago, Ferris Bueller said:

Sorry didn't realise it was so long ago 

Only seems to have been brought to light recently. He's been a naughty boy and slowly it's all catching up with him lol

3 hours ago, Roxy Hearts said:

He's a crap MMA fighter

He's a lot of things but this is incorrect. Anyone who fights at that level (with a few rare exceptions) is very talented at what they do.

1 minute ago, RS86 said:

He's a lot of things but this is incorrect. Anyone who fights at that level (with a few rare exceptions) is very talented at what they do.

I watch very little of it but what I've seen of him has been crap. Khabib showed him though. McGregor reminds of the prancing about the laddie did in the Karate Kid. 

8 hours ago, Roxy Hearts said:

I watch very little of it but what I've seen of him has been crap. Khabib showed him though. McGregor reminds of the prancing about the laddie did in the Karate Kid. 

2 weight UFC champion, 2 weight strike force champion.  Multi millionaire. I bet you wish you were that crap.

12 hours ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Khabib! Great wrestler, can't really fight. 

29 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

2 weight UFC champion, 2 weight strike force champion.  Multi millionaire. I bet you wish you were that crap.

Khabib! Great wrestler, can't really fight. 

And yet Khabib put Conor on his arse with a punch.

Conor was a great counter striker he was great at using that left to catch guys rushing in.There have been far more better fighters than Conor but he could sell a fight with his mouth that's how he made so much cash.The casual MMA fans loved him.

47 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Conor was a great counter striker he was great at using that left to catch guys rushing in.There have been far more better fighters than Conor but he could sell a fight with his mouth that's how he made so much cash.The casual MMA fans loved him.

11 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

59 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

An out of focus CM you mean. 

Btw, who buys Khabib fights? And forgive me if I don't but the KM good guy thing, with his ' Traditional' wife and his best mate and manager Ali. Hopefully Peaheid will do him, but if not maybe the wifebeater Ferguson(Seems to be a theme with these guys, how's John Jones these days) will.

One thing is for sure, Wrestlers are on notice, after what Jorge did to my favourite UFC athlete Funky Ben.

Anyway, I hope Conor sorts himself out before it's too late. Most folk have fecked up, I think I might have a drink or 50 if I was that rich and famous.

28 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

An out of focus CM you mean. 

Btw, who buys Khabib fights? And forgive me if I don't but the KM good guy thing, with his ' Traditional' wife and his best mate and manager Ali. Hopefully Peaheid will do him, but if not maybe the wifebeater Ferguson(Seems to be a theme with these guys, how's John Jones these days) will.

One thing is for sure, Wrestlers are on notice, after what Jorge did to my favourite UFC athlete Funky Ben.

Anyway, I hope Conor sorts himself out before it's too late. Most folk have fecked up, I think I might have a drink or 50 if I was that rich and famous.

Everybody loves strikers but you got to remember it's MMA all the very best can do everything well.Askren could only wrestle,Conor has a bit of take down defence but against the better guys he is just taken down at will.I actually think Conor and Petis are very similar great to watch when the match ups are kind of equal but they look like frustrated souls when they are not.

Conor just like Max is now was better at fighting smaller guys than him.

Edited by vegas-voss

50 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Everybody loves strikers but you got to remember it's MMA all the very best can do everything well.Askren could only wrestle,Conor has a bit of take down defence but against the better guys he is just taken down at will.I actually think Conor and Petis are very similar great to watch when the match ups are kind of equal but they look like frustrated souls when they are not.

Conor just like Max is now was better at fighting smaller guys than him.

Conor, Max and Khabib. If Khabib went to his true wait(how many times has he missed weight or hospitalised himself) he'd soon be overpowered. Askren, Woodley, Usman etc... Would soon take him to the cleaners. 

But as you say I prefer fighting on their feet. This rolling about the carpet with your Da for 15/25 minutes soon has me turning the fight add.

AlphonseCapone
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Conor, Max and Khabib. If Khabib went to his true wait(how many times has he missed weight or hospitalised himself) he'd soon be overpowered. Askren, Woodley, Usman etc... Would soon take him to the cleaners. 

But as you say I prefer fighting on their feet. This rolling about the carpet with your Da for 15/25 minutes soon has me turning the fight add.

I enjoy two guys standing up leathering each other but I've grown to appreciate the skills and intelligence around ground game. The more you understand it the more you appreciate it I think. I used to think it was awful when they "rolled" about. Won't ever compete with a kick to the face though. 

AlphonseCapone
3 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

This is fair comment. I was definitely in that category but since I've gotten into it more I have understood why a lot of MMA people don't rate him that highly. He is very limited. 

On the other hand, on a positive, he got more people interested in the sport and folk like me have stuck around longer than he has/will. 

28 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

This is fair comment. I was definitely in that category but since I've gotten into it more I have understood why a lot of MMA people don't rate him that highly. He is very limited. 

On the other hand, on a positive, he got more people interested in the sport and folk like me have stuck around longer than he has/will. 

No doubt he was definitely good for the sport.Fighters got paid more for a start but with the new owners it looks like that it is declining again ( probably another factor why Conor ain't for fighting )

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

You would be as well just watching K1 or part of the One Championship then cause unfortunately the ground game is an integral part of mma

Ron Burgundy

Two gypsies bare knuckle in a field/car park and filmed on a mobile or GTF.

With unintelligible mutterings and shouting of course. 

13 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

13 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

You would be as well just watching K1 or part of the One Championship then cause unfortunately the ground game is an integral part of mma

What I meant was taking it to the ground straight away just to survive. I don't mind it if it ends on the deck with submission attempts galore. 

There's still a few who'll stand and fight, but are savages on the deck, like Ferguson and Jones.

As for K1, I used to watch them all back in the day. When big Sapp challenged Tyson :D. But Thai  boxing and boxing are my preferred options with The UFC 3rd(I do love TUF, tho).

but with Steroid testing in the UFC exposing a lot of great champions like Vitor, Jose, John and Anderson to name a few. I lost a lot of energy for it.

Anyway, what I mean is, all UFC fighters are nutjobs. What do we expect. Really!

1 hour ago, AlphonseCapone said:

I enjoy two guys standing up leathering each other but I've grown to appreciate the skills and intelligence around ground game. The more you understand it the more you appreciate it I think. I used to think it was awful when they "rolled" about. Won't ever compete with a kick to the face though. 

Don't get me wrong, I love DC, Askren, Chael and the greatest ever Rickson Gracie.

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, Ron Burgundy said:

I love those videos.

1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I love those videos.

Have you ever seen the wee Thai guy fighting about 20 people at once. Brilliant!

Governor Tarkin
21 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Have you ever seen the wee Thai guy fighting about 20 people at once. Brilliant!

I haven't, no. Youtube blocked on this boat so won't be able to find it just now.

Can't beat a Gypsy running battle though.

1 minute ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I haven't, no. Youtube blocked on this boat so won't be able to find it just now.

Can't beat a Gypsy running battle though.

Gypsies will bury you and move on. Nuts!

Governor Tarkin
1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

Gypsies will bury you and move on. Nuts!

Bunch of show-folk and circus Gypsies on my old man's side going way back.

Some of the stories we used to eavesdrop on my old great grandmother telling when we were kids were  utterly mental.

Different kind of life back then.

9 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

Never watched, or actually heard of, K1 before. Had a keek at a couple of vids on you tube and was suitably impressed. Dont get me wrong, really enjoy a good ground fight on UFC but the fight I've linked below is brutal.

34 minutes ago, superjack said:

Never watched, or actually heard of, K1 before. Had a keek at a couple of vids on you tube and was suitably impressed. Dont get me wrong, really enjoy a good ground fight on UFC but the fight I've linked below is brutal.

Take a look at One Championship that has 3 separate events MMA , Kickboxing and Muay Thai

On 20/08/2019 at 20:55, superjack said:

Decent enough but they wouldn't last with any decent middleweight boxer they are so balance. Dunno if that's because they are worried about taking a boot in the face.