Player sponsorship - any info?

salvo69

I am looking to sponsor a player and wondered if anybody on here has experience and would recommend or even share a bit more detail about the package?

30 minutes ago, salvo69 said:

Thanks I’ve looked through this already just interested to know about the sponsorship event and training set up

At the end of last season the open training session was along the lines of:

Meet up outside cafe at Oriam, G Locke and other Hearts staff in attendance.  Have a coffee, tea etc and then a tour of the Oriam including a visit to the Hearts area. A look at the changing rooms (not Hearts specific but where visiting teams or Scotland (Rugby and Football/ Ladies etc) use and the 'elite' gym section beside it. Then out to one of the outdoor pitches to watch the first team squad go through a session. Uche came out of the training session as he was feeling a strain, and he came over to say hello and shake hands with everyone. He posed for some photos etc. 

Most of the other players didn't interact much other than saying hello/goodbye/thanks on their way on or off the pitch. There was no commentary from Locke about the training session or any of the coaches, which I think would be a good addition for next time. 

Just explaining the drill(s) they are doing and in-game application of it etc, would be interesting. Some of the session was quite intense and it was easy to see how injuries can occur at training. (full on challenges etc)

After the session was over we returned inside to the cafe and dispersed from there. 

It was a reasonably interesting morning and it was good to see a little bit of the behind the scenes stuff at Oriam. 

2 hours ago, SUTOL said:

At the end of last season the open training session was along the lines of:

Meet up outside cafe at Oriam, G Locke and other Hearts staff in attendance.  Have a coffee, tea etc and then a tour of the Oriam including a visit to the Hearts area. A look at the changing rooms (not Hearts specific but where visiting teams or Scotland (Rugby and Football/ Ladies etc) use and the 'elite' gym section beside it. Then out to one of the outdoor pitches to watch the first team squad go through a session. Uche came out of the training session as he was feeling a strain, and he came over to say hello and shake hands with everyone. He posed for some photos etc. 

Most of the other players didn't interact much other than saying hello/goodbye/thanks on their way on or off the pitch. There was no commentary from Locke about the training session or any of the coaches, which I think would be a good addition for next time. 

Just explaining the drill(s) they are doing and in-game application of it etc, would be interesting. Some of the session was quite intense and it was easy to see how injuries can occur at training. (full on challenges etc)

After the session was over we returned inside to the cafe and dispersed from there. 

It was a reasonably interesting morning and it was good to see a little bit of the behind the scenes stuff at Oriam. 

Cheers

Dalstonjambo

Can't add a lot that hasn't been said - especially as being based down south the sponsors nights/sessions don't really work for us. However my Dad (we sponsor as a family) mentioned to the sponsorship guys when he was up in Edinburgh one weekday and they took him round Oriam a bit and he met a few players, got some pictures done with Perry Kitchen who we sponsored at the time. 

Did Berra's training kit the last couple of seasons and Berra made an effort to meet him when he was in picking up the kit and do pictures etc. If not the club just post the kit down to us, but have always offered to arrange something when we were up outside of a game day. 

It's more a way to give to the club in a slightly different way for us, and it's quite nice cutting about a London gym with people trying to work out what club an out of shape guy plays for. 

It’s always a worthy cause to give money to the club you love and support. I sponsored Dave Vanacek last year but gave his shirt away as he probably didn’t even wear it. Had he played a few games I would’ve kept it. So to make up for last years disappointment, I’ve sponsored Craig Halkett and Connor  Washington home jersey. Not only is this years home top very popular, both players look like being great signings for us. At least they’ll be authentic as in ‘game worn’. 

Highly recommended. 

There is also a q and a session in April time with the first team, reserves squad and Levein or MacPhee.

Hosted by Scott Wilson, free buffet plus opportunity for autographs and photos.

It is similar to the clubs AGM.  You could run a sweep on the when the first moronic question will be asked.

Its heads or tails on first or second.

Edited by DETTY29

Thanks for all the input guys....I went ahead and sponsored Glenn Whelan idea was to give back and also promote my wife’s web page 

been here before
4 hours ago, Saughton Jambo said:

It’s always a worthy cause to give money to the club you love and support. I sponsored Dave Vanacek last year but gave his shirt away as he probably didn’t even wear it. Had he played a few games I would’ve kept it. So to make up for last years disappointment, I’ve sponsored Craig Halkett and Connor  Washington home jersey. Not only is this years home top very popular, both players look like being great signings for us. At least they’ll be authentic as in ‘game worn’. 

Highly recommended. 

That still makes me laugh. 

37 minutes ago, been here before said:

That still makes me laugh. 

At least he never did anything really stupid like run out to the airport to welcome our new all conquering hero.

::troll::