Hearts fan assault

Hairdryer

Just to put it into perspective I started a go fund me page to raise money for a Rose Bush in Warriston Crematorium for a friend who passed away with no family in scotland...we were trying to raise £350 and we raised £35.

the three of us organising this and plugging the difference but sad to see how little people who had mass outpouring of grief didn’t even donate a £1....suppose its the world we live in 🤔

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• JyTees

• davemclaren

• been here before

7 minutes ago, salvo69 said:

Just to put it into perspective I started a go fund me page to raise money for a Rose Bush in Warriston Crematorium for a friend who passed away with no family in scotland...we were trying to raise £350 and we raised £35.

the three of us organising this and plugging the difference but sad to see how little people who had mass outpouring of grief didn’t even donate a £1....suppose its the world we live in 🤔

£350 for a rose bush?  How many did you buy with the £35?

1 hour ago, JyTees said:

I'm talking about the idiots who can't wait to ridicule and cast aspersions on their own fans. For some reason we're not able to point this out on here.

you said " but it's not ok to question and imo, rightly ridicule the idiots who do it. "

Where has anyone said that??

On 21/08/2019 at 21:44, luckydug said:

Good sensible post👏

What happened with his girlfriend has nothing to do with him being attacked.

I don't care about the just giving page as I never contribute to them anyway. Don't trust them actually.

What I do care about is a Hearts fan getting attacked, It could have happened to any of us.

Hope they catch and convict the perpetrators. 

Yup. 

The cement incident by all accounts was a stupid thing to do on his part but it in no way, shape or form justifies anyone from passing judgement on him for being assaulted. 

I saw a picture of his mum in the paper and for her age she looks quite young.

I mean to a group of thugs (cowards being a better word) walking down the street they may have thought it was an easy target and it was his girlfriend! And not his mum .. time of night etc 

I suspect (could be wrong) something has been said to her and she did say that she had shouted some stuff back at them and then trying to be hard asses they have layed into her boy, as a direct result.

FFS he’s a hearts supporter, I thought there might be at least a majority degree of sympathy 

I hardly think he was out to catch a fight with his mum in tow even although some may think it and because previously he tried to pour cement over an ex birds car. Stupid thing to do but jeez, 2 wrongs don’t make a right and all that ...

as for the donation page fully agree with you that, that is through choice, and no one should be swayed by anything anyone says other than by what they would like to do individually 

Captain Sausage

Ooft. Sob story in. Watch those pennies drop into his account. Well played son. 

Tynecastle Valhalla

These things can cause serious lasting trauma mentally.

awful thing to happen and really feel for the lad

absolute scummy cowards that did it 

I donated to the lad , having been a victim myself ( many moons ago ) I felt if he knew he had a lot of support it would aid his recovery . Knowing people care , especially fellow Hearts fans is worth more than money . 

6 hours ago, XB52 said:

you said " but it's not ok to question and imo, rightly ridicule the idiots who do it. "

Where has anyone said that??

The idiots who've questioned the honesty and innocence of the victims of the assault. There's also idiots with their nickers in a twist because some folk donated a couple of quid to the boy. They're all over the thread mate. Not sure I can spell it out any clearer.

Posts that pointed this out were removed for some reason. It appears perfectly legitimate to question the victims (Hearts supporters) of an assault however. Find it strange.

8 minutes ago, JyTees said:

The idiots who've questioned the honesty and innocence of the victims of the assault. There's also idiots with their nickers in a twist because some folk donated a couple of quid to the boy. They're all over the thread mate. Not sure I can spell it out any clearer.

Posts that pointed this out were removed for some reason. It appears perfectly legitimate to question the victims (Hearts supporters) of an assault however. Find it strange.

The posts that breached the rules around bypassing the swear filter?

been here before
2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Dont go spoiling the boys rage.

3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I see that happen constantly on here. Funny how they're very seldom removed 🤔

Why not just remove the word if you find Kent offensive? It wasn't directed at anyone in particular. The post highlighted how low some posters had gone by pretty much accusing Hearts fans of being deserving of a broken jaw. I stopped short at naming and shaming them. I'm embarrassed for them.

4 minutes ago, JyTees said:

I see that happen constantly on here. Funny how they're very seldom removed 🤔

Why not just remove the word if you find Kent offensive? It wasn't directed at anyone in particular. The post highlighted how low some posters had gone by pretty much accusing Hearts fans of being deserving of a broken jaw. I stopped short at naming and shaming them. I'm embarrassed for them.

Whether I find the word offensive isn’t the point. The point is if you post within the rules then it’s unlikely that your post will be hidden by a moderator. 

12 minutes ago, been here before said:

Dont go spoiling the boys rage.

No rage here. 

You were just one amongst many. Does it not embarrass you? The fact that the first thing that pops in your head when you hear a Hearts fan has been assaulted is, "I wonder what they done to deserve it"?

Remember this is JKB, the forum that was gagging to get a boy sacked for the ‘Neil Lennon’ T-shirt at Easter Road. 

been here before
5 minutes ago, JyTees said:

No rage here. 

You were just one amongst many. Does it not embarrass you? The fact that the first thing that pops in your head when you hear a Hearts fan has been assaulted is, "I wonder what they done to deserve it"?

Not in the slightest. Whether Im the subject of your angst means nothing to me whatsoever.

Its a messageboard, its about opinions and whether on not you agree with or like mine is utterly irrelevant to me. As the man once said 'opinions are like arseholes, everybodys got one'.

As for the question ...

"The fact that the first thing that pops in your head when you hear a Hearts fan has been assaulted is, "I wonder what they done to deserve it"?"...

...makes no sense whatsoever, certainly not in the context of what I posted. Dont let that stop you though.

Edited by been here before

6 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Whether I find the word offensive isn’t the point. The point is if you post within the rules then it’s unlikely that your post will be hidden by a moderator. 

If there was some consistency applied to the rules it'd be useful. 

On 20/08/2019 at 19:58, been here before said:

As for the actual story I doubt we'll ever know the truth but I get the impression that it wasnt absolutely random, no words exchanged, out of the blue, unprovoked skelping. I might well be wrong but its just the vibe I get.

Yeh, you've got the boy's back right enough.

That's just a snippet.

been here before
5 minutes ago, JyTees said:

Yeh, you've got the boy's back right enough.

That's just a snippet.

Why would I "have his back"?

I wasnt there, its not the 1980s and Im not Danny Dyer. 

You might also want to read the bit that says "I might well be wrong" but doesnt that suit whatever crusade it is you seem to have appointed yourself leader of?

19 minutes ago, JyTees said:

If there was some consistency applied to the rules it'd be useful. 

The team do their best. Most members seem to find it easy to stay within the rules. 

5 minutes ago, been here before said:

Why would I "have his back"?

Because he's a Hearts fan who's just had his jaw broken by a bunch of Motherwell neds! I'm not saying you need to get tooled up and dish out some retribution. A wee bit sympathy for a fellow Hearts supporter and his mum ffs. Instead, you and your ilk can't wait to fill the thread with what "your vibe" leads you to believe.

I thought we were all Hearts fans together?

been here before
21 minutes ago, JyTees said:

How right you are.

That it then? You've spent the last few days banging in about "fellow Hearts fans" being "idiots" about them making accusations that no-ones actually made and about them "casting aspersions" that no-one really is.

You're slavering on about post(s) disapearing because they are critical of others and even when its been explained to you that it was nothing to do with that,  you're still foaming about it.

You're coming out with nonsensical lines about "watching his back" like you're the screen writer for I.D  trying to write yourself as the top boy at Shadwell when all you really seem to have done is unwittingly cast yourself as Gumbo. 

Ill leave you to someone else now.

Have a good night.

10 hours ago, Lemongrab said:

£350 for a rose bush?  How many did you buy with the £35?

Sorry should have been more clear, it’s a rose bush in the memorial garden for 10 years

48 minutes ago, been here before said:

That it then? You've spent the last few days banging in about "fellow Hearts fans" being "idiots" about them making accusations that no-ones actually made and about them "casting aspersions" that no-one really is.

You're slavering on about post(s) disapearing because they are critical of others and even when its been explained to you that it was nothing to do with that,  you're still foaming about it.

You're coming out with nonsensical lines about "watching his back" like you're the screen writer for I.D  trying to write yourself as the top boy at Shadwell when all you really seem to have done is unwittingly cast yourself as Gumbo. 

Have a good night.

Sound like you're in a bit of a rage there pal. :rofl:

Stephane Grappelli
16 hours ago, JyTees said:

Because he's a Hearts fan who's just had his jaw broken by a bunch of Motherwell neds! I'm not saying you need to get tooled up and dish out some retribution. A wee bit sympathy for a fellow Hearts supporter and his mum ffs. Instead, you and your ilk can't wait to fill the thread with what "your vibe" leads you to believe.

I thought we were all Hearts fans together?

Is it OK to-

A) Feel a bit sorry for a fellow Jambo?

2-  Think that by the sounds of it he's not exactly an angel himself?

And

d.  Believe that anyone who has shelled out some of their own hard earned for this crowd funding thing is a complete and utter mug?

That's kind of where I am myself personally you see.

This thread started off discussing an act of thuggery against a fellow Jambo. 

With help from the usual JKB regulars, it has turned into an absolute embarrassment.

I'm not surprised.   

18 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

IMG_4368.JPG

I don’t trust these online payment things... you think she’d mind if I nipped round to make a personal donation?

1 hour ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

Is it OK to-

A) Feel a bit sorry for a fellow Jambo?

2-  Think that by the sounds of it he's not exactly an angel himself?

And

d.  Believe that anyone who has shelled out some of their own hard earned for this crowd funding thing is a complete and utter mug?

That's kind of where I am myself personally you see.

Absolutely. Thinking's not a crime...yet.

Seymour M Hersh
56 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

I don’t trust these online payment things... you think she’d mind if I nipped round to make a personal donation?

What were you thinking of depositing? :oohmatron:

Regardless of anything he’s done in the past, or general character, the attack sounds utterly sickening and he has my full sympathy with that, not least because it’s apparently left him looking like Quagmire (not the Hibee poster on here who launched himself out of a plane in memory of fictitious poster on here).

Donating to go fund me things like this isn’t my bag, but each to their own if they want to and it makes them feel better. 

Stephane Grappelli
4 hours ago, JyTees said:

Absolutely. Thinking's not a crime...yet.

Cheers comrade.

Scott Notman, 44, of Motherwell, was charged with assault to severe injury when he appeared at Hamilton Sheriff Court.

:facepalm:

On 23/08/2019 at 11:50, Rudy T said:

I feel the same way.

I'd much rather give it to her in person 🤭

On 22/08/2019 at 19:42, been here before said:

Have a good night.

I D

Shadwell

Gumbo

Brilliant 😂😂

Regardless of how stupid this laddie was for the cement incident, and he clearly was very stupid, he’s been sucker punched by a 44 year old man who describes himself as a casual. Hope the smelly reprobate gets the clink.

The Internet

A 44 year old manchester city supporting motherwell casual. Is there anything you can add to that to make it more tragic? 

AlphonseCapone
1 minute ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Regardless of how stupid this laddie was for the cement incident, and he clearly was very stupid, he’s been sucker punched by a 44 year old man who describes himself as a casual. Hope the smelly reprobate gets the clink.

Who according to his Facebook volunteers at Shelter. Doubt they'll want associated with scum like that. 

Punching someone from behind = absolute shitebag. 

AlphonseCapone
1 minute ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

A 44 year old manchester city supporting motherwell casual. Is there anything you can add to that to make it more tragic? 

He likes to remember 1690 apparently. 

Just now, Mauricio Pinilla said:

The “REMEMBER 1690” frame on his profile picture, his likes that include marching bands, casual/hooligan/ultra groups, prostitutes and shite hardcore techno DJs?

2 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Who according to his Facebook volunteers at Shelter. Doubt they'll want associated with scum like that. 

Punching someone from behind = absolute shitebag. 

Yip.

4 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

If his date of birth is the 12th of July, he wins the Internet.

• davemclaren locked this topic