Hearts fan assault

Hairdryer

48 minutes ago, Dino Velvet said:

More fool those who donated. 

Agreed. People couldn't part with their money quickly enough! 

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• JyTees

• davemclaren

• Maroon Sailor

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Getting a broken jaw at the football is a shame, totally out of order. But a go fund me page for it? jesus weep, he'll be fine in a months time not like he's dying with cancer ffs. 

Weakened Offender
7 hours ago, luckydug said:

What plot ?

The guy got attacked as he and his mum were walking to the railway station.

The rest is totally irrelevant. 

Could have happened to any of us.

😁

been here before

This Just Giving thing utterly baffles me. Not just in this case but pretty much everytime I hear about it. Some poor random meets with some unfortunate incident and there's a race to set the page up and then we sit back and enjoy the virtuous signalling to each other with signs such as "donated". I imagine most of them have passed homeless or hungry people on their way home and never even noticed them or thought to give them a few quid. No internet likes or kudos in that I suppose. No cyber backslaps.

As for the actual story I doubt we'll ever know the truth but I get the impression that it wasnt absolutely random, no words exchanged, out of the blue, unprovoked skelping. I might well be wrong but its just the vibe I get.

The hospital pictures also strike me as a bit odd. The Record reports that he "was left with blood pouring from his mouth "for more than four hours". Journalist license or sensational reporting aside he doesnt look like blood has been "pouring" out of him for 4 hours. Theres not a mark on his top, not one single speck and that top picture looks like him waiting in A+E. I know he might have had another top(s) or a jacket on but come one, anyone of us who has ever had a shaving cut that wont stop knows it looks like a butchers shop. But that pristine white collar remains unmarked after 4 hours of pishing blood? Likewise his jeans, although dark, dont look like theyre exactly soaked with 4 hours worth of pouring claret. Now the A+E nurses will give you a good tidy up but they dont launder your clothes for you.

I  dont know why or what it might be but something isnt stacking up right about this.

Maybe Im just getting older and more cynical.

Edited by been here before

8 minutes ago, been here before said:

This Just Giving thing utterly baffles me. Not just in this case but pretty much everytime I hear about it. Some poor random meets with some unfortunate incident and there's a race to set the page up and then we sit back and enjoy the virtuous signalling to each other with signs such as "donated". I imagine most of them have passed homeless or hungry people on their way home and never even noticed them or thought to give them a few quid. No internet likes or kudos in that I suppose. No cyber backslaps.

As for the actual story I doubt we'll ever know the truth but I get the impression that it wasnt absolutely random, no words exchanged, out of the blue, unprovoked skelping. I might well be wrong but its just the vibe I get.

The hospital pictures also strike me as a bit odd. The Record reports that he "was left with blood pouring from his mouth "for more than four hours". Journalist license or sensational reporting aside he doesnt look like blood has been "pouring" out of him for 4 hours. Theres not a mark on his top, not one single speck and that top picture looks like him waiting in A+E. I know he might have had another top(s) or a jacket on but come one, anyone of us who has ever had a shaving cut that wont stop knows it looks like a butchers shop. But that pristine white collar remains unmarked after 4 hours of pishing blood? Likewise his jeans, although dark, dont look like theyre exactly soaked with 4 hours worth of pouring claret. Now the A+E nurses will give you a good tidy up but they dont launder your clothes for you.

I  dont know why or what it might be but something isnt stacking up right about this.

It beggars belief that over £2000 has been raised. 

Edited by jambojase

Bridge of Djoum
On 18/08/2019 at 17:23, obua said:

It was said in jest.Apologies to anyone who was offended.

😂nonsense. 

Said in jest and you started off with “seriously”.

Nice try. 

19 minutes ago, been here before said:

Bold is absolutely spot on.

That's a good point tbf.

16 minutes ago, jambojase said:

It beggars belief that over £2000 has been raised. 

Two thousand pounds!!! The horror!!!

WheatfieldWarrior
18 minutes ago, JyTees said:

Two thousand pounds!!! The horror!!!

That's enough to appeal a ban at the sfa, or maybe a few aeroplanes with banners.

Stephane Grappelli

On first reading the story I felt sorry for the guy but it all seemed a bit odd, not least the whole crowd funding thing. 

Folk falling over themselves to donate to some random without knowing the full facts behind it as just bizarre.  No doubt the same sort of people who share Facebook posts about a cat that's gone missing on the other side of the planet just in case someone in their street has maybe seen it meandering by.

1 minute ago, The Treasurer said:

I could be wrong but I think it was more a dig at the Go Fund Me culture.

People tend to donate to these things so that they can be seen to be doing it, but wouldn't think twice about walking past a homeless guy because they wouldn't get any "likes" for chucking him a few coppers.

A bit of a sweeping generalisation there. 

The Treasurer
3 minutes ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

On first reading the story I felt sorry for the guy but it all seemed a bit odd, not least the whole crowd funding thing. 

Folk falling over themselves to donate to some random without knowing the full facts behind it as just bizarre.  No doubt the same sort of people who share Facebook posts about a cat that's gone missing on the other side of the planet just in case someone in their street has maybe seen it meandering by.

Every chance the filthy vermin could be in my street as every other cat on the fecking planet seems to shit in my garden :veryangry2:

The Treasurer
2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

True in a majority of cases though

Just now, The Treasurer said:

True in a majority of cases though

I think that oversimplifies things. People tend to get more engaged via social media and can more easier identify with the ‘’story’’ compared to passing some unfortunate in the street. 

It’s a absolute shocker in all honesty .. wee fecking vaginas these wee fuds are ... they will get their comeuppance one day. I’ll pray for that

as for the lad, wish him a speedy recovery. You just don’t know. Maybe walking around at that time of night in Motherwell with a Hearts top on might not be the best idea but that’s probably a sad indictment of the way things are currently as a society 

for those pissing their pants and crying hypocrisy because some are choosing to donate to help the boy whilst he recovers and financially, feck off. No one is forcing you to do it 

13 hours ago, been here before said:

If blood was pouring for four hours he'd be dead; think you can rule that out!

Doesn't look compound so I suspect the source of the blood is internal, into his mouth. 

They do reference fragments and plates and screws, etc.

I think you can rule out that he's making it up!

13 hours ago, been here before said:

:spoton: 

Blackford Hearts
14 hours ago, been here before said:

You do know that blood doesn’t show on a maroon jersey? 

5 minutes ago, Blackford Hearts said:

👏 

been here before
7 minutes ago, Blackford Hearts said:

Oh well played  👍

20 hours ago, jambojase said:

It becomes relevant when we are being asked to part with our hard earned cash for him. 

Nobody's making you contribute. 

I haven't contributed so this story is irrelevant to me.

The fact a person was attacked is the relevant part.

The rest is just muck raking. 

AlphonseCapone
1 hour ago, Irufushi said:

2 grand that would have been better put to a charity than funding some creepy wee cement stalker. Imo. 

Agreed, stalking cement is creepy. 

1 hour ago, Hearts1975 said:

It’s a absolute shocker in all honesty .. wee fecking vaginas these wee fuds are ... they will get their comeuppance one day. I’ll pray for that

as for the lad, wish him a speedy recovery. You just don’t know. Maybe walking around at that time of night in Motherwell with a Hearts top on might not be the best idea but that’s probably a sad indictment of the way things are currently as a society 

for those pissing their pants and crying hypocrisy because some are choosing to donate to help the boy whilst he recovers and financially, feck off. No one is forcing you to do it 

Good sensible post👏

What happened with his girlfriend has nothing to do with him being attacked.

I don't care about the just giving page as I never contribute to them anyway. Don't trust them actually.

What I do care about is a Hearts fan getting attacked, It could have happened to any of us.

Hope they catch and convict the perpetrators. 

On 20/08/2019 at 10:06, Maroon Sailor said:

How many bags of cement can you get for that ?

:fonzie:

Theme From Sparta F.C.
1 hour ago, Blackford Hearts said:

You have just won the quote of the month. 🤣

Big Slim Stylee
53 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Nobody's making you contribute. 

I haven't contributed so this story is irrelevant to me.

The fact a person was attacked is the relevant part.

The rest is just muck raking. 

Entirely right.

Governor Tarkin
2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

We need more sweeping generalisations imo.

Bazzas right boot
On 20/08/2019 at 10:06, Maroon Sailor said:

How many bags of cement can you get for that ?

Be able to build a hoose soon. 

Bazzas right boot
57 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Agreed, stalking cement is creepy. 

Dangerous tho, stalk to slowly and you get stuck. 

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

I could be wrong but I think it was more a dig at the Go Fund Me culture.

People tend to donate to these things so that they can be seen to be doing it, but wouldn't think twice about walking past a homeless guy because they wouldn't get any "likes" for chucking him a few coppers.

Agree. 

It goes further than that. 

Off topic a bit, but folk will vote for political parties that say reduce mental and elderly care.... Then go do a marathon to raise money for a mental health charity. 

Plenty examples of that. 

Rememberence day is a big one, the fact we as a culture and society need to raise money to look after war vertrans while celebrating them is irony of the scale. 

They should be looked after, end off. Charity shouldn't be needed. 

Really pisses me off. 

Imo, it's just to make them feel a bit better and as you say, publicly come across all warmy and fuzzy. 

Social media highlights this more than ever. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Stupid Sexy Flanders
On 19/08/2019 at 19:00, YouLetYourClubDie said:

I thought I recognised the boy's name, I used to work with that girl and I remember that happening. She was/is absolutely stunning btw. 

2 hours ago, Blackford Hearts said:

Well played,  :clap:

:lol: 

Edited by Morgan
Put an initial in, and shouldn’t have

2 hours ago, Irufushi said:

2 grand that would have been better put to a charity than funding some creepy wee cement stalker. Imo. 

:spoton:

Byyy The Light
16 hours ago, been here before said:

Totally agree wit this, especially the first bit.

Pretty surprised that it appears perfectly fine to question the honesty, integrity and innocence of Hearts fans who were the victims of an assault whilst following the team away from home, but it's not ok to question and imo, rightly ridicule the idiots who do it.

I'll say it again, we have some seriously sad individuals following our great club. 

11 hours ago, Stupid Sexy Flanders said:

I thought I recognised the boy's name, I used to work with that girl and I remember that happening. She was/is absolutely stunning btw. 

He's described as an 'unemployed warehouseman'.  Or to put it more simply, 'unemployed'.

Bazzas right boot

Folk condemning the Lad very quickly, folk shouldn't jump to conclusions without concrete evidence. 

1 hour ago, JyTees said:

Pretty surprised that it appears perfectly fine to question the honesty, integrity and innocence of Hearts fans who were the victims of an assault whilst following the team away from home, but it's not ok to question and imo, rightly ridicule the idiots who do it.

I'll say it again, we have some seriously sad individuals following our great club. 

???? Who hasn't ridicule the wee bampots that assaulted him.

On 20/08/2019 at 19:58, been here before said:

So true, pisses me off like.

4 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Folk condemning the Lad very quickly, folk shouldn't jump to conclusions without concrete evidence. 

I see what you did there. 

Stephane Grappelli
23 hours ago, davemclaren said:

But accurate though.  The people who fall for these things, in the main, are attention seeking mugs.  A fool and his money are soon parted.

23 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

Every chance the filthy vermin could be in my street as every other cat on the fecking planet seems to shit in my garden :veryangry2:

Well within your rights to make it disappear permanently.  They're on the other side of the globe, they'll never know.

Stephane Grappelli
8 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

That made me chuckle.  Good work sir!

9 hours ago, XB52 said:

???? Who hasn't ridicule the wee bampots that assaulted him.

I'm talking about the idiots who can't wait to ridicule and cast aspersions on their own fans. For some reason we're not able to point this out on here.

On 19/08/2019 at 19:11, Saughton Jambo said:

Really, is there any need for this? Not the first person I’m sure who’s ever made a mistake through drink and a very low blow to post this on JKB? Maybe you’re a relative or the new boyfriend of the girl in question. I don’t condone it but don’t see what you’re trying to achieve by posting the link

The guy didn't deserve a flogging and I hope he bounces back. Maybe his ex delivered the ko blow.....😁

• davemclaren locked this topic