Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• JyTees

• davemclaren

• Maroon Sailor

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Hairdryer said:

Heard a fan got his jaw broken after the match on Friday best wishes for a full recovery 

Feck.

The injury jinx is spreading to the support now.

Speedy recovery.

1 minute ago, Cruyff Turn said:

How did it happen? 

After the match on the way to the train station 

5 minutes ago, Hairdryer said:

Heard a fan got his jaw broken after the match on Friday best wishes for a full recovery 

Was it their tufty club neds?

3 minutes ago, Hairdryer said:

After the match on the way to the train station 

FFS, get better soon Darren. 

Governor Tarkin

Liberty taking scumbags.

A bit of time behind bars would be well deserved.

The Internet

Horrible that, lad must have been in absolute agony. 

Gang of motherwell neds setting about a young guy and his mum :facepalm: tragic individuals. 

Maybe Ann or the club could make him & his mum guests In the hospitality for their trouble, be a nice wee gesture given what’s happened.

William H. Bonney
1 minute ago, sac said:

Maybe Ann or the club could make him & his mum guests In the hospitality for their trouble, be a nice wee gesture given what’s happened.

Or, a baseball bat with the hearts badge on it and the addresses of said neds. 

Wow. Those Motherwell boys are proper hardcore mental.

******* degenerates🤬🤬🤬

Hope the lad recovers quickly.

They are just a bunch of cowards.That’s a nice gesture Motherwell are doing they have invited  the both of them to the next match with Motherwell and Hearts in to the hospitality before the game,Get well soon Darren from everyone on kickback.

GorgieRules22

Hearts v Motherwell in the 14th of September but you won’t find these guys travelling through....cowards

7 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Picking off individuals with their mum FFS...must be a pretty hard firm..

The old CSF used to hand their arses on a plate.

7 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Horrible that, lad must have been in absolute agony. 

Gang of motherwell neds setting about a young guy and his mum :facepalm: tragic individuals. 

Folk still go about pavement dancing in 2019? 🤦‍♂️

2 minutes ago, Crete said:

They are just a bunch of cowards.That’s a nice gesture Motherwell are doing they have invited  the both of them to the next match with Motherwell and Hearts in to the hospitality before the game,Get well soon Darren from everyone on kickback.

Great gesture from Well. As said get well soon lad.

4 minutes ago, Crete said:

:spoton:

Came through the underpass just after it had happened. Tried to speak to the young fan to check if he was OK. Didn't realise how bad his injuries were. It was clear who the group were that had attacked him so followed them up through the shopping centre to make sure they weren't thinking of turning back to have another go. When we got up to the road I pointed the group out to police in a van who showed no interest in doing anything about it. Claimed they'd drive round and have a look despite me telling them the culprits were 20yards behind their van. Really poor policing that there was no presence through the underpass, carpark or shopping precinct.

That said, playing football on a Friday night is clearly crazy and an unnecessary extra pressure on the police. By that point I'd already seen the police in a game of cat and mouse with a different group at the council offices. While the police are also having to deal with a standard Friday night of full pubs. 

Not impressed by Motherwell chairman's crocodile tears either. Guarantee that group of fans that attacked will be known to the club and sit in the "ultras" area. Spend the game getting riled up by the drum and loud hailer spending the time focussing on the away fans rather than the game and have wound themselves right up by the time they leave, before they start looking to pick fights. No surprise this happened at Motherwell. Tend to see guys looking for trouble with away fans after every game there. The club has a problem that is deeper than this one incident and sounds like the chairman is in denial about it.

Hope the young lad makes a speedy and full recovery.

Edited by Saint Jambo

Maroon Sailor

Good thing to hide your colours after away matches

These little gits need strung up

6 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Came through the underpass just after it had happened. Tried to speak to the young fan to check if he was OK. Didn't realise how bad his injuries were. It was clear who the group were that had attacked him so followed them up through the shopping centre to make sure they weren't thinking of turning back to have another go. When we got up to the road I pointed the group out to police in a van who showed no interest in doing anything about it. Claimed they'd drive round and have a look despite me telling them the culprits were 20yards behind their van. Really poor policing that there was no presence through the underpass, carpark or shopping precinct.

That said, playing football on a Friday night is clearly crazy and an unnecessary extra pressure on the police. By that point I'd already seen the police in a game of cat and mouse with a different group at the council offices. While the police are also having to deal with a standard Friday night of full pubs. 

Not impressed by Motherwell chairman's crocodile tears either. Guarantee that group of fans that attacked will be known to the club and sit in the "ultras" area. Spend the game getting riled up by the drum and loud hailed spending the time focussing on the away fans rather than the game and have wound themselves right up by the time they leave, before they start looking to pick fights. No surprise this happened at Motherwell. Tend to see guys looking for trouble with away fans after every game there. The club has a problem that is deeper than this one incident and sounds like the chairman is in denial about it.

Before the match there was a group of 10/15 Motherwell following 4 young Hearts lads around 14/15 years old, not sure if the Hearts lads were even aware of them, this was just up from the fire station, our supporters bus had just let us out and we were all walking up to the ground, when Motherwell saw us they backed off and waited, the Hearts boys kept walking, I am sure that those young boys were getting a doing if our bus hadn't arrived at that point.

Motherwell have previous for this at Fir Park, either at the corner where the 2 sets of fans meet which is now heavily policed or on the way to the train station.

I always, and say to folk with me to cover up their colours after a game, you never know what nutjob is hanging about round the next corner. Shouldn't have to but that's the reality. Most likely some wee tosser who wants to look "hard" in front of his fellow neds. Hope the lad recovers quickly.

19 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Not impressed by Motherwell chairman's crocodile tears either. Guarantee that group of fans that attacked will be known to the club and sit in the "ultras" area. Spend the game getting riled up by the drum and loud hailer spending the time focussing on the away fans rather than the game and have wound themselves right up by the time they leave, before they start looking to pick fights. No surprise this happened at Motherwell. Tend to see guys looking for trouble with away fans after every game there. The club has a problem that is deeper than this one incident and sounds like the chairman is in denial about it.

Hope the young lad makes a speedy and full recovery.

Re the police. Doesn’t surprise me at all. The police in this country treat football fans with utter disdain tbh. They are a waste of space really.

3 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Re the police. Doesn’t surprise me at all. The police in this country treat football fans with utter disdain tbh. They are a waste of space really.

If it had been one of those guid rugger boys that got a doing though...

Big Slim Stylee

FS with his mum! What a threat they must have posed. Cowards.

Not it sure about the crocodile tears St J. Seems like a decent response from him.

Gutted for the lad and his mum tho. Must have been a horrible and scary experience to be outnumbered like that. 

Hope he makes a quick recovery and this experience doesn’t put him off going to games in the future. 

And yet all we've heard about on the last couple of trips through there is the misbehaviour of Hearts fans.

Absolute scumbags.

🤬

bigsuperslim1874

That’s terrible....but as others have said, not surprising unfortunately. I recall once in my mid-teens (mid-90’s) getting verbal from a group of Motherwell fans on the way back to the car after a game at Fir Park. I got into the car and one of them opened the car door and cracked me in the face with a punch!

Lucky they couldn’t get a proper swing with me being in the car. Suffice to say the Police weren’t overly interested if I recall.

Edited by bigsuperslim1874

13 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

If it had been one of those guid rugger boys that got a doing though...

If what the previous poster is saying is true it is a stunningly callous reaction from the police. To have the assailants of a serious assault 20 yards away and to more or less shrug their shoulders is ridiculous.

Makes you wonder what we pay our taxes for. 

Edited by TheOak88

I seen on Facebook someone has set up a Go Fund Me page, hoping to raise £1000 to help the lad whilst he’s off work / recovering .

over £300 raised in its first hour so hopefully reaches the target . 

Edited by Meadows

36 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Sadly not surprised.  After the Phil Stamp derby I saw a Hearts fan get attacked in front of a police officer at Easter Road.

I pointed this out to the officer who was trying to ignore me.

The police aren't interested in dealing with violence at football if it means confronting thugs.

Best wishes to the young lad and his mum.

Edited by frankblack

What an absolute embarrassment these wee kiddy on casuals are, they’ll get what’s coming one day when they get the timing wrong and a bus load of away fans catch them at their liberty taking. 

Met a load of Motherwell boys at the World Cup in 90 good lads and would be raging thinking this is what the new generation are up too.

Police in the van should be pulled by their boss....they wont be.

People still not realise that a single punch can kill someone.

Absolutely disgusting. Cowards going after some poor lad with his mum FFS.

Police response sounds familiar tbh. The attitude towards football fans in this country is ridiculous, hopefully they catch the rodents and they get the book thrown at them.

Ricardo Shillyshally

Shocking.

No-one should come home from the football looking like Dario Zanatta.

Joking aside, I Hope the lad is doing ok.

This is the exact reason why I never wear colours to the football. It really isn't worth the bother that comes with it. 

Sexton Hardcastle

A grown man putting the hard punch in. A grown man.

****ing pathetic. Hope karma catches up with him quickly.

letsalllaughathobos

Scum, motherwell have a huge bunch of scummy supporters who are always looking for trouble after the home games, 

This is a disgrace the young lad and mum attacked ffs

1 hour ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Folk still go about pavement dancing in 2019? 🤦‍♂️

Anyone who goes to a game looking for a scrap is a literal degenerate and should be put down for the benefit of society and evolution as a whole.

Absolutely disgusting, hope the lad recovers quickly, but the mental scars will remain fit some time. Bloody shame. 

Little cowards. Attacking in groups and from behind. Real hard guys, hope karma catches up with them shortly. 

Edited by HMFC86

26 minutes ago, peter_hmfc said:

Anyone who goes to a game looking for a scrap is a literal degenerate and should be put down for the benefit of society and evolution as a whole.

:spoton:

John Findlay
2 hours ago, TheOak88 said:

The police in this country are now scared of getting hurt. Half the police nowadays shouldn't be police as they are not upto it but political correctness dictates. Soft as shite alot of modern day coppers

1 hour ago, peter_hmfc said:

Should be taken out the back like Old Yeller.

30 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

The police in this country are now scared of getting hurt. Half the police nowadays shouldn't be police as they are not upto it but political correctness dictates. Soft as shite alot of modern day coppers

Think you might be onto something, I think before 'Police Scotland' the police could personalise their standard of policing for the local area rather than this centralised effort which I think is failing communities tbh. I appreciate there are reasons for it etc. but I think it nonetheless isn't the right move.

55 minutes ago, HMFC86 said:

Absolutely disgusting, hope the lad recovers quickly, but the mental scars will remain fit some time. Bloody shame. 

Little cowards. Attacking in groups and from behind. Real hard guys, hope karma catches up with them shortly. 

Dead right about the mental scars.

Dear right about karma too.  I honestly believe in it.

I was sorry to read that this poor guy got his jaw broken by a group of Motherwell thugs right in front of his mother for no apparent reason. I hope that they are identified & get the book thrown at them. I also want to wish the lad a speedy recovery. 

• davemclaren locked this topic