Foo fighters

Madjambo21

A Boy Named Crow

Aye, I hear a lot of reviews like this, everyone seems to love them.

I mind seeing them at Gig On The Green many years ago. They were playing the same day as Primal Scream and Oasis. All the other bands that day had cottoned on that the crowd wasn’t really there to see them, and we’re pretty cool about it. Not Dave Grohl though, he was giving the roadies abuse and generally acting the Big Man. I never really took to them after that, clearly not everybody shares this view, glad you enjoyed the gig.

Edited by A Boy Named Crow

8 hours ago, Madjambo21 said:

First time listening to them live and was absolutely Brilliant.

One of the best bands ever FACT!!!!

One of my favourite bands. Absolutely great live. Unfortunately I've not had the pleasure of attending any of their gigs. 

It was a great show last night.

Good to hear Hey, Johnny Park! and I'll Stick Around in the set as they don't get played much nowadays.

Had to head for train during Let There Be Rock though.

Its the fourth time I have seen them on this album tour.

Edited by frankblack

Samuel Camazzola
9 hours ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

I mind seeing them at Gig On The Green many years ago. They were playing the same day as Primal Scream and Oasis. All the other bands that day had cottoned on that the crowd wasn’t really there to see them, and we’re pretty cool about it. Not Dave Grohl though, he was giving the roadies abuse and generally acting the Big Man. I never really took to them after that, clearly not everybody shares this view, glad you enjoyed the gig.

Widely renowned as the nicest man in rock these days. 

2 hours ago, frankblack said:

It was a great show last night.

Good to hear Hey, Johnny Park! and I'll Stick Around in the set as they don't get played much nowadays.

Had to head for train during Let There Be Rock though.

Its the fourth time I have seen them on this album tour.

How was the mud ?

A Boy Named Crow
22 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Aye, that always puzzled me. 

55 minutes ago, jake said:

How was the mud ?

Not as bad as T in the Park 2012 but an all round swamp.  A solid pair of boots or wellies the absolute minimum.

We skipped the supports and just went in for the headliners both nights.  A few beers in Glasgow city centre then off to the gig for 7.45pm.

Bar queue was half hour minimum both days.

Do nothing for me but I didn't like Nirvana much either. Maybe too old. Rock by numbers. I liked Them Crooked Vultures, QOTSA and Eagles of Death Metal and DG was involved with all of em just FF I can't "get"

4 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Do nothing for me but I didn't like Nirvana much either. Maybe too old. Rock by numbers. I liked Them Crooked Vultures, QOTSA and Eagles of Death Metal and DG was involved with all of em just FF I can't "get"

What do you mean too old?  Foo Fighters have been going 25 years.

I like all those bands you mentioned inc FF.

8 minutes ago, frankblack said:

What do you mean too old?  Foo Fighters have been going 25 years.

I like all those bands you mentioned inc FF.

I'm in me mid/late 50's. Even when they first came out I was in me 30's and felt I'd heard what they do before. Lyrically I'm nt that impressed with em either. They're one of those bands I should like but just can't. Like The Velvet Underground or The Beatles. Just don't get it.

6 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

I'm in me mid/late 50's. Even when they first came out I was in me 30's and felt I'd heard what they do before. Lyrically I'm nt that impressed with em either. They're one of those bands I should like but just can't. Like The Velvet Underground or The Beatles. Just don't get it.

Fair enough mate.  I like lots of stuff to fit different moods.

Just seen Madness and Lightning Seeds tonight.  Excellent gig.  Madness never disappoint live.

Saw them live at a very early t in the park. They were great live then. I think their first album was just out. Its the only time I've seen them 

On 18/08/2019 at 12:34, Samuel Camazzola said:

I've seen a few interviews with Dave and he seems really genuine and down to earth. Top bloke.

On 18/08/2019 at 02:51, A Boy Named Crow said:

I’ve never read any stories of DG other than him being a top bloke and the most down to earth guy.

I’ve seen them quite a bit and they always give it 2 1/2 hrs on set and full throttle.

They put on a great gig. The 4th time I’ve seen them live and they never disappoint.

solid 2.5 hours every time.

Easily up there as must see for me .

Samuel Camazzola
20 hours ago, Marvin said:

I've seen a few interviews with Dave and he seems really genuine and down to earth. Top bloke.

Agreed. A lot of interviewers, music industry folk and fans all say the same. 

indianajones

On 18/08/2019 at 17:23, Jamhammer said:

Same boat. 

Think they are pretty boring to be honest.

I didn't realise Frank Carter and The Rattlesnakes were supporting. How were they? Like a bit Frank. Loved Gallows.

Personally I feel FF success is fuelled more by Grohl’s immense attitude and sense of fun rather than how memorable their music is. 

The same applies to Noel Gallagher. I think his solo work is forgettable, but his interviews make up for it every time. 

3 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Personally I feel FF success is fuelled more by Grohl’s immense attitude and sense of fun rather than how memorable their music is. 

The same applies to Noel Gallagher. I think his solo work is forgettable, but his interviews make up for it every time. 

Complete nonsense.

You don't keep growing your support at the top for 25 years unless you are delivering the goods.  Records are a high stsmdard and they put on a great live performance.

14 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Complete nonsense.

You don't keep growing your support at the top for 25 years unless you are delivering the goods.  Records are a high stsmdard and they put on a great live performance.

The live performances relate to Grohl’s attitude towards the fans and the music, like I said. 

Just my opinion. I find them a bit dull but could listen to Grohl being interviewed all day. 

24 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

The live performances relate to Grohl’s attitude towards the fans and the music, like I said. 

Just my opinion. I find them a bit dull but could listen to Grohl being interviewed all day. 

Nope.  I get it you don't like them but your point is still nonsense.  The band's live shows are band efforts with a strong catalogue.

21 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Know it's your opinion but anything but dull.

Everlong

My Hero

Best of you

Pretender

Just to mention a few songs that are Rock anthems.

Suppose we can't all like the same things 🙁

On 20/08/2019 at 21:34, frankblack said:

Complete nonsense.

Spot on frank 👍👍

On 21/08/2019 at 18:54, Madjambo21 said:

Know it's your opinion but anything but dull.

Everlong

My Hero

Best of you

Pretender

Just to mention a few songs that are Rock anthems.

Suppose we can't all like the same things 🙁

Ive seen many bands live - AC/DC , Motley Crue, Aerosmith, KISS, Bon Jovi, the Stones etc and have to say The Foos catalogue for me has the best anthems and tracks. Also without doubt the best live band for me.

21 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Ive seen many bands live - AC/DC , Motley Crue, Aerosmith, KISS, Bon Jovi, the Stones etc and have to say The Foos catalogue for me has the best anthems and tracks. Also without doubt the best live band for me.

Probably the best band I've seen outdoors and I've seen the likes of Oasis and Metallica live.

Would have loved to have seen the Foo's in a club back in the day.

Guess they are too big for that now.

3 minutes ago, Madjambo21 said:

Probably the best band I've seen outdoors and I've seen the likes of Oasis and Metallica live.

Would have loved to have seen the Foo's in a club back in the day.

Guess they are too big for that now.

They sometimes do the odd one on the QT nights before big gigs.

Never seen Metallica unfortunately just never managed to get tickets . Live in hope

I quite like their music, but I struggle watching live bands that talk forever between songs.  Grohl gets on my ****ing tits for that.

Unknown user
On 20/08/2019 at 17:00, indianajones said:

Same boat. 

Think they are pretty boring to be honest.

Yeah I always thought they were a bit dull myself, bland. I'm a big nirvana fan too, I loved his work in QOTSA, Tenacious D, Probot, I just can't be arsed with foo fighters at all.

Watching their show from the weekend on iPlayer now. Brilliant show yet again. There was a nice nod to the late Keith Flint and a decent cover of Queen's Under Pressure.