Player Ratings v Motherwell

boag1874

Don’t see another one so 

Pereira - 6 - not much to go off really, had one dodgy moment but soon settled, couldn’t really do much about their goal imo. Never seen anyone kick a ball so far, on a big pitch ie Parkhead this could be an asset

Smith - 9 - outstanding as usual. Defensively solid and excellent going forward. Always just seems to be in the right place. Goal was absolutely top class. A true model pro performance.

Halkett - 8 - laugh everytime I remember we got him on a free. Won his battles and carried the ball forward well all game. Didn’t give them a sniff. Top defender.

Berra - 7 - looked much more like his old self tonight. Like Halkett he won his battles and I even saw him take the ball forward on the deck a few times. Still a few big hoofs but generally looked much more commanding at the back.

Hickey - 9 - MOtM - difficult choice between him & Smith. This boy is honestly different class, he plays like a cultured defender in their prime. Link up play was top class too. Him & Mulraney will be something special to watch this year.

Damour - 6 - early booking meant he was on a tightrope for most of the night & got caught in possession for their goal but generally a fairly solid performance. Good passer & puts himself about. Will be a class player once he’s fully up to speed.

Irving - 8 - a joy to watch, like Hickey he plays with composure beyond his years and passing was great. Lovely bit of skill too.

Clare - 6 - loses a point for the missed penalty but he did ok. Had some nice touches & runs, passing good too but outshone by his midfield partners.

Walker - 5 - tracked back & took one for the team to stop a potential goal. Shows he’s committed anyway. Didn’t really have too much time to do much.

Mulraney - 8 - a constant threat, his pace is ridiculous. Good run to win a penalty and that mazy run in the 2nd half where he beat their whole midfield was probably the best individual moment of the game until he tried a shot from miles out 😂

Washington - 8.5 - led the line superbly, his runs are so intelligent. Really pleased he got his goal, hope its the first of many. Uche wont get into the xi anytime soon based on what we saw last night.

subs

MacLean - 6 - decent enough, didn’t have a poor game but didn’t have a top class one either. Prefer him playing deeper rather than up top.

White - n/a - unlucky with the shot, not much time

Bozanic - n/a - no time

Better all round tonight

7 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

Don’t see another one so 

Pereira - 6 - not much to go off really, had one dodgy moment but soon settled, couldn’t really do much about their goal imo. Never seen anyone kick a ball so far, on a big pitch ie Parkhead this could be an asset

Smith - 9 - outstanding as usual. Defensively solid and excellent going forward. Always just seems to be in the right place. Goal was absolutely top class. A true model pro performance.

Halkett - 8 - laugh everytime I remember we got him on a free. Won his battles and carried the ball forward well all game. Didn’t give them a sniff. Top defender.

Berra - 7 - looked much more like his old self tonight. Like Halkett he won his battles and I even saw him take the ball forward on the deck a few times. Still a few big hoofs but generally looked much more commanding at the back.

Hickey - 9 - MOtM - difficult choice between him & Smith. This boy is honestly different class, he plays like a cultured defender in their prime. Link up play was top class too. Him & Mulraney will be something special to watch this year.

Damour - 6 - early booking meant he was on a tightrope for most of the night & got caught in possession for their goal but generally a fairly solid performance. Good passer & puts himself about. Will be a class player once he’s fully up to speed.

Irving - 8 - a joy to watch, like Hickey he plays with composure beyond his years and passing was great. Lovely bit of skill too.

Clare - 6 - loses a point for the missed penalty but he did ok. Had some nice touches & runs, passing good too but outshone by his midfield partners.

Walker - 5 - tracked back & took one for the team to stop a potential goal. Shows he’s committed anyway. Didn’t really have too much time to do much.

Mulraney - 8 - a constant threat, his pace is ridiculous. Good run to win a penalty and that mazy run in the 2nd half where he beat their whole midfield was probably the best individual moment of the game until he tried a shot from miles out 😂

Washington - 8.5 - led the line superbly, his runs are so intelligent. Really pleased he got his goal, hope its the first of many. Uche wont get into the xi anytime soon based on what we saw last night.

subs

MacLean - 6 - decent enough, didn’t have a poor game but didn’t have a top class one either. Prefer him playing deeper rather than up top.

Bozanic - n/a - no time

Better all round tonight

Generally agree there. Irving was prob 9/9.5 first half, 7 in second (where he just did his job and showed maturity)

I thought McLean was a bit anonymous, whereas Walker had been making things happen so would switch their scores.

Pereira 7 - not much to do but apart from the spill in the first half, safe catch in the second half from corner took pressure off us.

smith 8 Superb considering he had two men to deal with due to Clare’s inability to track his runners. 

Halkett 8 What a player loved his tackle in the first half leading to his run forward.

Berra 8 Back to his old self 

Hickey 9 Thought he was outstanding don’t think he was beaten once tonight my MOTM

Damour 7 shaky first half but his passing in the second half was great. Cost the goal  losing the ball in midfield 

Irving 8 Best performance from him in a Hearts jersey some of his passing was great

Clare 4 thought he was the only disappointment tonight especially first half the amount of times they had free crosses could have cost us goals. Never done much going forward either 

Mulraney 8 Different player when he runs at defenders. His pace won the penalty.

Walker 5 Started well unfortunately injured again

Washington 9 Ran himself into the ground for the team. Really intelligent striker. Hopefully the first of many goals for us 

MaClean 7 Thought he was brilliant tonight never stopped running which is normally my criticism of him

Bozanic 3 No time to impress done ok

White 3 Not enough time on the park should have scored at the end 

Holyrood_Hearts
38 minutes ago, 19/05/2012 said:

Pereira 7 - not much to do but apart from the spill in the first half, safe catch in the second half from corner took pressure off us.

smith 8 Superb considering he had two men to deal with due to Clare’s inability to track his runners. 

Halkett 8 What a player loved his tackle in the first half leading to his run forward.

Berra 8 Back to his old self 

Hickey 9 Thought he was outstanding don’t think he was beaten once tonight my MOTM

Damour 7 shaky first half but his passing in the second half was great. Cost the goal  losing the ball in midfield 

Irving 8 Best performance from him in a Hearts jersey some of his passing was great

Clare 4 thought he was the only disappointment tonight especially first half the amount of times they had free crosses could have cost us goals. Never done much going forward either 

Mulraney 8 Different player when he runs at defenders. His pace won the penalty.

Walker 5 Started well unfortunately injured again

Washington 9 Ran himself into the ground for the team. Really intelligent striker. Hopefully the first of many goals for us 

MaClean 7 Thought he was brilliant tonight never stopped running which is normally my criticism of him

Bozanic 3 No time to impress done ok

White 3 Not enough time on the park should have scored at the end 

I agree with most of your comments but IMO 4 for Clare is ridiculous. I actually thought Smith & Hickey did very well stopping them getting crosses in but thought Clare & Mulraney did a lot of tracking back when required.

Nice to see the commitment & enthusiasm return to the ranks, perfect second penalty, but aren't they all that bulge the net...Clare is still waltzing aimlessly in his high heels...please son...get ****ing angry!

upgotheheads
1 hour ago, boag1874 said:

Don’t see another one so 

subs

Bozanic - n/a - no time

Better all round tonight

Yup to all of these marks. Hickey certainly looks like he's a class above the SPL to be honest but Irving is not far behind, he's got a lovely pass in him and a cool  head as well.

Pereira 7 

smith 9 

Halkett 8 

Berra 8  

Hickey 8 

Damour 7  

Irving 8 

Clare 5  

Mulraney 8 

Walker 6 

Washington 8 

Pereira 6

Smith 9

Halkett 8

Berra 7

Hickey 8

Dalmour 6

Walker 6

Irving 8

Clare 5

Mulraney 7 

Washington 9

Maclean 5

White & Bozanic 3 

I'd give Pereira higher marks than most on here considering it was his first game with a new team.  Probably an 8, good handling , good save from a deflected shot and a great throw out to the half way line in the second half not seen that from a Hearts keeper in years.

Eddie The Eagle

I Just don't get what Clare brings to the team

Everyone last night was spot on their game. Sean Clare just doesn't offer anything or am i missing something? Maybe i am reading the game wrong 

Edited by Eddie The Eagle

Pereira 6

Smith 9

Halkett 8

Berra 8

Hickey 9

Damour 7

Irving 8

Clare 6

Walker 6

Mulraney 7

Washington 9

Subs:

MacLean 5

White 4

Bozanic 3

Edited by Cruyff Turn

7 minutes ago, Eddie The Eagle said:

Everyone last night was spot on their game. Sean Clare just doesn't offer anything or am i missing something? Maybe i am reading the game wrong 

Yet to see it from him but I’m sure the invisible man will get another 36 starts to prove himself. I watched Austin and Levein constantly shouting at him to get in position last night and he just jogged yet he will still start every week. Other players have a bad week and we don’t see them for months or ever again

22 minutes ago, Eddie The Eagle said:

At the start of the season Levein was going to build the team around him but after a few games it was obvious he's not a central midfielder (yet)

I thought he was poor last night.

rudi must stay

Pereira - 6 not troubled. Easy day for him

Smith - 7 great goal and great busy game

Berra - 7 excellent

Halkett - the same

Hickey - 8 my MOTM he could play in the our league with his eyes shut IMO

Mulraney - 7 faded at the end but the improvement in him in recent months has been huge 

Damour - 6.5 mistake for the goal. But you can see he is technically good and will be a very useful addition

Irving - 7 never noticed him, but I guess that's the sign of a good game for a defensive minded player. Win it and pass it quickly

Walker - 7 much much better. But Walker will always give you something if you play quick

Clare - 6 good moments as usual

Washington - 7 good he got a goal. He didn't impress me that much but nice pass for the opener. Still feel he has more in reserve and someone will see that

Subs

MacLean - 5 one of those football manager fan type players. He does nothing

White - 6 looked good

Bozanic - can't give him a score he didn't touch the ball

Hackney Hearts
15 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Irving - 7 never noticed him, but I guess that's the sign of a good game for a defensive minded player. Win it and pass it quickly

Washington - 7 He didn't impress me that much but nice pass for the opener.

Opinions, eh?! Two standout performances for me.

BackOfTheNet

I get accused on here of sometimes not calling our players shite enough, so be aware that I’m not a negative poster. But I do think giving anyone higher than 8 last night is pushing it, I think people are blinkered by what they saw last week and how they felt, if you didn’t think a win was possible before last night’s game I can see why getting carried away can happen. That being said, here’s my ratings: 

Pereira - 6 - didn’t have to do much and what he did he done well. One spill but if you’d seen his YT videos that was to be expected. His attempts at innovative distribution is a big asset I’d say.

Smith - 8 - Usual reliable self and capped it off with a fine goal

Halkett - 7 - Had a good game, didn’t let the injured shoulder affect him

Berra - 7 - Best game I’ve seen from him in a while, will have proved a few doubters wrong

Hickey - 7 - Yes he’s amazing for being 17 but I’m not going to give him extra points for his age. He had a good game, but still a bit to learn. Very excited about his future but Damour’s yellow was because Hickey left space in behind unnecessarily. But he’ll learn. Fitness staff need to help him stop getting cramp around the 75 minute mark too.

Damour - 6 - A bit ropey in the first half and gave away the goal, done well to time tackles right to not get a red and improved second half

Clare - 6 - I’m a fan of Clare and thinks he gets ridiculous stick on here but not a great game from him last night. Anonymous first half apart from a penalty miss, however much improvement second half

Irving - 7 - I still find he needs to up the urgency a little but his first half was superb and the best I’ve seen him play. Good interchanges and excellent passing for the most part. Would have more points if not for being completely anonymous second half.

Walker - 5 - Wasn’t offering too much and ironically his best contribution was his defensive tackle that got him injured. Hate to say it but once he went off our shape seemed more disciplined and we held possession better.

Mulraney - 6 - Average performance

Washington - 8 - Personification of graft. Worked his backside off and deserved a goal. His work ethic will come in handy all season. My MotM.

SUBS

MacLean - 5 - An odd substitution to be honest, thought of at least 3 others before thinking he would come on. Didn’t really do anything.

White - 5 - Not much time but almost grabbed a goal

Bozanic - 5 - No time at all

Edited by BackOfTheNet

rudi must stay
2 hours ago, Hackney Hearts said:

Opinions, eh?! Two standout performances for me.

My comments didn't say they weren't good if you quote everything I said

Edited by rudi must stay

Hackney Hearts
2 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

My comments didn't say they weren't good if you quote everything I said

I quoted everything you said about Irving - if you never noticed him, you should read the separate thread about him to see what you missed!

The only bits I left out of your Washington summary was "good he got a goal" and "still feel he has more in reserve and someone will see that". But the key bit was "didn't impress me that much", which I find very strange personally. Like I say though, everyone's entitled to their opinion.

rudi must stay
1 minute ago, Hackney Hearts said:

I quoted everything you said about Irving - if you never noticed him, you should read the separate thread about him to see what you missed!

The only bits I left out of your Washington summary was "good he got a goal" and "still feel he has more in reserve and someone will see that". But the key bit was "didn't impress me that much", which I find very strange personally. Like I say though, everyone's entitled to their opinion.

He didn't. Washington is a good player, no doubt about that. I believe he has more in the tank, when he does that he'll get a higher mark

Hackney Hearts
2 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

He didn't. Washington is a good player, no doubt about that. I believe he has more in the tank, when he does that he'll get a higher mark

Okay, he didn't impress you, fair enough. And I hope you're right that there's more to come!  Maybe an 8 next time...

James McFadden should be unbiased and fairly knowledgeable, he seemed impressed:

Washington was outstanding. His movement, work-rate, quality and application were brilliant. If he continues to work that hard and offer the runs and the angles he did tonight, he will score plenty more goals, but he will also create more. He creates space, goes into the space, takes men with him and moves again. He is always on the move.

4 hours ago, Eddie The Eagle said:

Agree with you mate ,last night he didn’t track back and left Smith with 2 players sometimes, that’s why Smith was my man of match with his goal and ability to still power forward, Clare looked lost at times I think he needs to find out himself what position suits him

2 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I get accused on here of sometimes not calling our players shite enough, so be aware that I’m not a negative poster. But I do think giving anyone higher than 8 last night is pushing it, I think people are blinkered by what they saw last week and how they felt, if you didn’t think a win was possible before last night’s game I can see why getting carried away can happen. That being said, here’s my ratings: 

Pereira - 6 - didn’t have to do much and what he did he done well. One spill but if you’d seen his YT videos that was to be expected. His attempts at innovative distribution is a big asset I’d say.

Smith - 8 - Usual reliable self and capped it off with a fine goal

Halkett - 7 - Had a good game, didn’t let the injured shoulder affect him

Berra - 7 - Best game I’ve seen from him in a while, will have proved a few doubters wrong

Hickey - 7 - Yes he’s amazing for being 17 but I’m not going to give him extra points for his age. He had a good game, but still a bit to learn. Very excited about his future but Damour’s yellow was because Hickey left space in behind unnecessarily. But he’ll learn. Fitness staff need to help him stop getting cramp around the 75 minute mark too.

Damour - 6 - A bit ropey in the first half and gave away the goal, done well to time tackles right to not get a red and improved second half

Clare - 6 - I’m a fan of Clare and thinks he gets ridiculous stick on here but not a great game from him last night. Anonymous first half apart from a penalty miss, however much improvement second half

Irving - 7 - I still find he needs to up the urgency a little but his first half was superb and the best I’ve seen him play. Good interchanges and excellent passing for the most part. Would have more points if not for being completely anonymous second half.

Walker - 5 - Wasn’t offering too much and ironically his best contribution was his defensive tackle that got him injured. Hate to say it but once he went off our shape seemed more disciplined and we held possession better.

Mulraney - 6 - Average performance

Washington - 8 - Personification of graft. Worked his backside off and deserved a goal. His work ethic will come in handy all season. My MotM.

SUBS

MacLean - 5 - An odd substitution to be honest, thought of at least 3 others before thinking he would come on. Didn’t really do anything.

White - 5 - Not much time but almost grabbed a goal

Bozanic - 5 - No time at all

Fair ratings, m.o.m. Washington and his best still to come. Love his work ethic, it will inspire. Re-Hickey he is a young athletic type and his cramping issues will disappear naturally as he matures, no need for special treatment. Great prospect.

Edited by Skacelsid
Mispell

Eddie The Eagle
16 hours ago, Boghell51 said:

Agree with you mate ,last night he didn’t track back and left Smith with 2 players sometimes, that’s why Smith was my man of match with his goal and ability to still power forward, Clare looked lost at times I think he needs to find out himself what position suits him

Once Meshino arrives it may be time for Sean to miss a few games and re evaluate himself. certainly not good enough of late 

21 hours ago, Eddie The Eagle said:

Don't rate him very much.Bench player for me.

Special Agent Dale Cooper
26 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

I'm going to annoy a few on here but I thought we played far better against Ross County.  😁

:troll: ban please mods