O Captain! My Captain!

Sub4TiddlerMurray

4 minutes ago, Rudi Hates Hibees said:

Must admit we look a different team without Uche on the pitch. We played football last night rather than just shelling the ball at the big man and hoping for something to stick. 

Yip. It’s not the big mans fault but he’ll always be a target man when he plays for us. Berra looked better without bobby behind him and looked for better options with the ball without Uche up top. 

13 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Yip. It’s not the big mans fault but he’ll always be a target man when he plays for us. Berra looked better without bobby behind him and looked for better options with the ball without Uche up top. 

He’ll struggle to make the bench if Washington starts putting them away. Keena is a far better option. 

I would look to punt him before the window closes. Tries like a beast but has no ability and doesn’t remotely resemble a footballer 

1 hour ago, Shaggy2 said:

A bit harsh. Just watched the goal on the other thread and if Berra has gone with the scorer the gap would have literally been 10 yards at the centre of our defence. The guy was beyond Berra so if you want to be really picky, there’s a Hearts player (can’t tell who on my phone) two yards deeper than everyone else playing Long onside. 

It was Smith who played him onside.

It’s a goal that came out of us losing the ball trying to play out from our half. We all seemed happy at Hearts playing that type of game, but you will get goals like that when we lose the ball and defence is somewhat disarrayed.

Definitely Berra's most consistent performance since his comeback from injury but for anyone to state that this was due to  Bobby not being between the sticks just makes me ROFL..

Seriously though, lol

9 minutes ago, NLTFTh said:

Definitely Berra's most consistent performance since his comeback from injury but for anyone to state that this was due to  Bobby not being between the sticks just makes me ROFL..

Seriously though, lol

Why? Having a keeper behind you that you don’t trust, doesn’t command his space or Marshall the defenders in front of him can be and is a nightmare. Puts everyone on edge and can make even the best players look dodgey. Look at the difference with Liverpool last season having a keeper on the same page as the back line. We will never truly know if bobby has effected Berra, only Berra will know that, but he looked a different player last night. Something seemed different. 

Having a keeper you are not fully trusting doesn't make you play pish. Having a defender who has been poor since his return from injury and giving him an excuse like that is wrong. Berra would be the first to admit that he's not hit the form he had pre injury..

Yes Bobby had a mare last weekend and has been dropped as a result and quite rightly so.. It works both ways though, our protection of Bobby has been poor in recent times, leaving him exposed. I'm not defending Bobby as I gave the "he's in the goalkeeper club" excuse a miss after the SC Final..

Berra last night played his game well, cannot fault his attitude and application under poor conditions, night and day for most of his team mates also due to them getting what for from CL following that holocaust against the Staggies..

its not just Berra we're saying, the whole defence was pish when bobby is in. he clearly doesnt communicate like them, calling out opposing players/threats etc. 

16 hours ago, Lfhearts said:

Delighted great lad and servant to club Christophe, haters should be embarrassed.

I don’t think any Hearts fan “hates” Berra but his recent performances have been poor!

He was a rock last night. 👍

Fort Vallance
41 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I don’t think any Hearts fan “hates” Berra but his recent performances have been poor!

He was a rock last night. 👍

Couldn't agree more.

Weakened Offender

Hopefully once the new midfielders settle in we will see, and appreciate, Captain Heider back to his best. We are lucky to have him.

Dallas Green

He had a very good game. Won headers and tackles and actually played the ball out of defence rather than punting long most of the time. Him and Halkett were thundering into tackles.

12 hours ago, Weakened Offender said:

Hopefully once the new midfielders settle in we will see, and appreciate, Captain Heider back to his best. We are lucky to have him.

Exactly, I dread to think how the past 18 months would have panned out for us, if Souttar never had Berra next to him....