I was going to do a sack race, but ...

Midloth_Iain

Midloth_Iain

Huddersfield beat me to it. Ridiculous !!

Anyway, Scottish Premiership. I give Tommy Wright until end of September ...

Next favourite ?  

Midloth_Iain
4 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

Sol Campbell and Macclesfield were the first this season. 

I thought that was the old "amicable" parting, but may be wrong ...

edit ..

" Sol Campbell has left his position as Macclesfield Town manager.

The decision to part with the League Two club was a mutual one between Campbell and officials"

Edited by Kid Creole

15 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

Sol Campbell and Macclesfield were the first this season. 

Bit unfair, club is a shambles and has nearly gone under 4 times this summer, seems genuinely amicable and he did a good job keeping them up. An arsehole nonetheless. 

Jack Ross will be gone by the end of September. 

Edited by Jodami

I can see loads of the manager’s changing in our league next season...

Lennon will get punted when Rangers win the league

Gerrard will take over at someone like Newcastle

Levein will finally **** off back upstairs

Heckincheeks will be gone by Xmas for blowing the budget

McInnes will finish 5th and get binned

Alessio will get found out and leave in Jan

Holt will have a mare and get sacked in March

Wright will get binned when St J finish in the bottom 6 again

Robinson will finish 4th and get poached by Accrington Stanley 

Midloth_Iain
6 minutes ago, Gershwin said:

Lennon will get punted when Rangers win the league

Gerrard will take over at someone like Newcastle

Levein will finally **** off back upstairs

So which one are you going for ? 

In terms of the Scottish Premiership, my possible contenders for an early bath....

Neil Lennon, appointed by Peter Lawell as the cheap option after Brenda jumped ship, to sack him so soon after being given the permanent manager's job would be an admission of error by PL.  Failure to get past AIK and into the EL group stages might be the final straw for Celtic fans, but I can see popcorn teeth lasting just long enough to avoid being the first managerial casualty of the season.

Heckinbottom6, despite his great run of results when initially taking up the job as manager of the great unwashed, there now seems to be a lot of dissent amongst the spoon burners.  However, Dumpster appointed him and like Lawell at the mhanks she will try and hold onto him for as long as is tenable to preserve her reputation.

Tommy Wright, St Johnstone now punching about their true level, after over performing for a few seasons, probably means Wright still has some credit in the bank.

Kilmarnock - were shite for years battling against relegation, appointed Steve Clarke and suddenly became contenders for Europa League places.  Just as quickly, having lost Clarke, they look to be heading back to where they were before he arrived.  Unfortunately, fans expectations have been raised by Clarke, and the appointment of Angelo Allesio seems a bit left field.  Results to date in BetFred Cup and League haven't been encouraging.  I can see things going from bad to worse, so for my money, Angelo Allesio will be first to go.

Lennons team has played 2 league games and has a goal difference of about 10. He's more than safe for now i think. Think Nelson could be punted if they don't see out this championship comfortably.

Seymour M Hersh
8 hours ago, Gershwin said:

Lennon and Gerrard will get punted when Hearts win the league

Levein will finallyget a statue built for him outside the main stand

Ftfy ::troll::

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

Seymour M Hersh
2 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

Hecky’s not at the wheel for much longer.

Will tripple P want to pay the severance dosh though? 

Bazzas right boot

Killie have another 3/4 defeats he'll be gone. 

Hibs will turn as well but hecky will be in chafge at the derby. 

Who was the last Celtic manager to lose his job due to a European humbling? They've had several and it has never cost a manager his job. Celtic managers are judged on league form ie on beating Rangers.

Rangers manager used to be the safest job in football but since Smith left it has been a poisoned chalice. Gerrard has done far better than I expected. He'll now do the Brendan thing and wait for the right job in top half in Premiership.

Levein is safe

McInnes is safe

Heckingbottom has some time due to last season, they won't lose 6-1 every week.

The rest cannot really afford to sack their managers.

I think all managers will survive this season, with the possible exception of Alessio - man needs to learn English and get them going...

Edited by Spellczech

I’d seen a few Motherwell fans saying that if they don’t improve before October they can see Robinson getting sacked 😂

This being someone who a lot of Hearts fan were touting to replace Levein.

Not having a go at these shouts and the logic is understandable but just find it pretty funny. Football fans being football fans but I’ve heard shouts for managers to be sacked at us, hibs, Aberdeen, Celtic, Killie, Motherwell and St Johnstone.

9 hours ago, RobNox said:

Kilmarnock - ...Results to date in BetFred Cup and League haven't been encouraging.  I can see things going from bad to worse, so for my money, Angelo Allesio will be first to go.

I know that they haven't won a single game in the BetFred Cup so far, but feels harsh to judge him on that until they play their first game in the competition later today! But in seriousness, I agree with your post and conclusion.

I was thinking last week about how many managers are under pressure or at least the fans are unhappy with. I'd say the list is:

- Lennon - Lots of fans unhappy with appointments. Awful result in Europe which fans blame on manager. Fail to reach the Europa League group stage and fans will be in open revolt. Equally if they slip up a couple of times in the league before Rangers or even just lose the first OF game in a few weeks the fans will start to panic about 10 in a row. What we have no sense of is what it would take for Lawell to panic as its been so long since they've had any real challenge.

- Gerrard. Safe. If they got to the end of the season without a trophy and didn't look like closing the gap, I think he might realise its time to move in before his managerial reputation is damaged.

- McInnes - Always takes me by surprise how much the Aberdeen fans dislike him. Team looks to have gone backwards. Embarrassed in Europe again. Not a great start to the league. Fans will moan but doubt they will sack him.

- Alessio - Looks in real trouble. First to go.

- Heckingbottom - Again fans seem to really dislike him. Unclear why. In impressive so far. Hope it gets much worse.

- Levein - Let's just not get into this one.

- Wright - You would think would be safe. But squad looks rubbish, 1 win 3 defeats in League Cup group and 1 point from first two league games. Next 4 games are Hibs, Killie, Aberdeen, Rangers. Lose those and board might hit the panic button. Outside bet for first to go.

- Robinson - Lost their best players. Out the cup at home, so again no cup run to rely on. 1 point form first two games. But easier run of games coming up so unless they really underperforming in those, dosen't look like a candidate for an early bath.

- Holt - Surely safe. Started OK in league with two draws. Should be about to reach a quarter final. Next two league games are Ross County and St Mirren which will tell us a lot about how they are shaping up.

- Rice - Expectations must be low. Seems unlikely candidate for first sacking.

- Goodwin - Expectations of fans and owners unrealistically high. Awful in the league cup. Handling a tough league start OK. Now play Rangers, then Livi, Ross County and Hamilton. If that run goes badly I just think they ate the kind of club that likes a change in manager. Outside bet for first sacking of the season.

- Ferguson/ Kettlewell - Safe.

Not sure I can remember a time so many sets of fans were unhappy with their manager.

Looked for betting odds on first Scottish manager to go the other day and couldn't find any. Anyone seen these?

A lot of early candidates. Unusual. 

Tommy Wright and Steven Gerrard are the safest. Then McInnes. 

New owner at Hibs but is he even interested enough to care about results especially if he gets £2 million quoted for Kamberi.

I think the Kilmarnock boy will be first. 

Edited by Mikey1874

20 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

A lot of early candidates. Unusual. 

Tommy Wright and Steven Gerrard are the safest. Then McInnes. 

New owner at Hibs but is he even interested enough to care about results especially if he gets £2 million quoted for Kamberi.

I think the Kilmarnock boy will be first. 

If Hibs get £2m for Kamberi, the baw’s burst.  He’s chronic.

Pants Shaton

Seems like almost all managers are shite these days and the ones who aren’t now will be soon.

That, or most fans are arseholes with inflated sense of entitlement.

Tricky one.

Tommy Wright has lost the dressing room, bizarre incident last week during which he totally lost the plot which subsequently  led to training being halted. Players can’t stand him, must be a good bet! Anyone seen the odds? What bookies?

Walter Burns
10 hours ago, The Duke said:

Tommy Wright has lost the dressing room, bizarre incident last week during which he totally lost the plot which subsequently  led to training being halted. Players can’t stand him, must be a good bet! Anyone seen the odds? What bookies?

And yet there are still some on here want him for manager......he done well for a few seasons but struggled last season and looks lost this ......

I think St Johnstone will come relatively good again, if they sacked Wright then I'd bet within one or two seasons they'd be relegated.

jack D and coke
On 17/08/2019 at 07:06, Uncle Buck said:

Hecky’s not at the wheel for much longer.

Genuinely pleasantly surprised at how quickly they’re turning against Hecky :lol: 

:fth:

Up here, I genuinely think McInnes will leave before the seasons end. How much more is there for him to stick around for? Even Aberdeen fans are surely thinking maybe a fresh approach is needed. Tommy Wright in a similar position at Saints too. Early signs show Killie and Hibs will be wielding the axe soon and Celtic may well be too.

Down South, can see Marco Silva getting punted if Everton don't compete for top 6, although they've started well. I think Javi Gracia will struggle big time, Daniel Farke if Norwich are struggling might bite the bullet similar to Wagner last season. Pellegrini, Bruce and maybe even Hodgson could be casualties too.

TyphoonJambo

Bruce will be out on his arse pretty soon. Hodgson soon after. 

59 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Bruce will be out on his arse pretty soon. Hodgson soon after. 

Don't know about that, it's sometimes useful to have an underperforming manager to act as a lightning rod for the fans' discontent.

TyphoonJambo
24 minutes ago, Craig_ said:

Don't know about that, it's sometimes useful to have an underperforming manager to act as a lightning rod for the fans' discontent.

If that's correct, and i dont doubt your logic, Bruce in particular will need his very own lighting conductor because the Geordies are already making noises, pretty indecipherable ones i will grant you but not happy ones. 

doctor jambo

In Scotland I don't see Lennon lasting the season.

I expect the Rangers to proper spank them a couple of times. Their Euro run will fall flat and they wil fall behind the resurrection loyal.

hecky will go too as the squad looks really poor.

8 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Pressley be on the block down at Carlisle soon enough. 

Absolute failure of a manager.

Aye maybe.

Cup winning captain and club legend though. 

8 minutes ago, smiler said:

Aye maybe.

Cup winning captain and club legend though. 

Legend as a player, bellend as a manager :)

Bazzas right boot
On 18/08/2019 at 12:57, Pants Shaton said:

Seems like almost all managers are shite these days and the ones who aren’t now will be soon.

That, or most fans are arseholes with inflated sense of entitlement.

Tricky one.

😂😂

👍

Forever Hearts
8 hours ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Pressley be on the block down at Carlisle soon enough. 

Absolute failure of a manager.

My mate was down at the Carlisle v Mansfield game on Saturday. Mansfield won 2-0 and he said Carlisle were lucky to get nil. It was a dreadful performance and the natives are not happy with Pressley. 

Nathan Jones Stoke. Ex Luton manager highly regarded (by Olly Lee).

Slagged the players after last week, made 6 changes. Getting hammered at home by Leeds. 1 win in 16 games. 

Edited by Mikey1874

Not sacked but Henrick Larsson quits as Helsingborg coaching role after suffering verbal abuse from fans.

Club says verbal abuse made his situation “unsustainable”.