League cup draw - Aberdeen at Home Wed 25/9 - ticket info

Bazzas right boot

9 minutes ago, Victorian said:

To be fair to those demanding certain finishing positions,    the league looks a bit more clear cut this year in terms of a top 4 finish.     With our squad (assuming we get better luck with injuries) we have little excuse for finishing lower than 4th.     3rd is possible.    Celtic and Rangers are in a league of their own I'm afraid.     

Should a squad like ours finish lower than 4th?     Can't make any case out for that.

Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen all have very similar budgets. As you say Rangers and Celtic are in a league of their own. That leaves 3 teams fighting it out for 3rd or 4th. This is likely to be the case for the next few seasons, unless you get another random event like Steve Clark.

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mitch41

• Mr Elwood P

• Bazzas right boot

• davemclaren

1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen all have very similar budgets. As you say Rangers and Celtic are in a league of their own. That leaves 3 teams fighting it out for 3rd or 4th. This is likely to be the case for the next few seasons, unless you get another random event like Steve Clark.

That's the way I see it.    Kilmarnock wont be as good and consistent as they were.    St.Johnstone are nowhere near as consistent as they once were.     Of the others,    only Motherwell are likely to be near the top end.     Hearts appear to have a much better squad than the cockends.     We have to finish clearly ahead of them this year.

kingantti1874
27 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

don’t think hibs budget is even close to hearts tbh, Expect turnover this season is about £5million less. 

7 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

don’t think hibs budget is even close to hearts tbh, Expect turnover this season is about £5million less. 

Hibs turnover has dropped by £5m? There was literally a few hundred thousand between us, over the last couple of seasons. 

32 minutes ago, Victorian said:

That's the way I see it.    Kilmarnock wont be as good and consistent as they were.    St.Johnstone are nowhere near as consistent as they once were.     Of the others,    only Motherwell are likely to be near the top end.     Hearts appear to have a much better squad than the cockends.     We have to finish clearly ahead of them this year.

I think Ross County might actually have a good season. Agree that all the other teams look weaker. Hibs are there for the taking and we now have a lot of very good players. The fear is that after two league games and a handful of League Cup games, we've already got half our best players sidelined. Hopefully the new look squad is more robust in that regard.

11 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Hibs turnover has dropped by £5m? There was literally a few hundred thousand between us, over the last couple of seasons. 

I think Ross County might actually have a good season. Agree that all the other teams look weaker. Hibs are there for the taking and we now have a lot of very good players. The fear is that after two league games and a handful of League Cup games, we've already got half our best players sidelined. Hopefully the new look squad is more robust in that regard.

It looks capable of dealing with multiple absences.    We have good cover in every area really.     We might experience trouble if we end up missing 2 or more in the same position of course.     

In the past I think we've had to pick a team from a short-handed squad and then form up a shape to suit those available.    Now it looks like we can pretty much stick with a preferred formation and put out a good side to suit it.    Even when there's a few out.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Maybe this season we've got closer but Aberdeen's budget has been much higher for quite a while. We're probably slightly ahead of Hibs slightly now, or should be.

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Maybe this season we've got closer but Aberdeen's budget has been much higher for quite a while. We're probably slightly ahead of Hibs slightly now, or should be.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46358084

Average wage between Hearts and Aberdeen was separated by only about £25k per annum. Don’t think that would make a huge amount of difference. Definitely not ‘much higher’. Celtic's wage bill was much higher than Rangers wage bill. 

21 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

2017-18 turnover

Hearts £12.1m

Hibs £9.6m

Did Budge not report that we took in over £15m last year? Assuming Hibs have stayed fairly static then £5m might not be far off.

1 minute ago, DC_92 said:

2017-18 turnover

Hearts £12.1m

Hibs £9.6m

Did Budge not report that we took in over £15m last year? Assuming Hibs have stayed fairly static then £5m might not be far off.

Are those figures not distorted by Hibs having only just been promoted back to the Scottish Premiership?

2 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Are those figures not distorted by Hibs having only just been promoted back to the Scottish Premiership?

It was apparently their highest turnover since 2006/07.

I'm not sure why it would be depressed by them having just been promoted. They were getting decent crowds and finished high up the league. Assuming prize money is fully paid before the end of June.

Edited by DC_92

kingantti1874
8 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

nope. By virtue of the fact they don’t sell anywhere near as man tickets as they suggest.. as the count the freebies 😆 

Guest ToqueJambo
14 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46358084

Average wage between Hearts and Aberdeen was separated by only about £25k per annum. Don’t think that would make a huge amount of difference. Definitely not ‘much higher’. Celtic's wage bill was much higher than Rangers wage bill. 

I thought their total wage bill was well over a million higher than us last season. Either way, we're catching up so they won't have it their own way making signings anymore.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

It was apparently their highest turnover since 2006/07.

I'm not sure why it would be depressed by them having just been promoted. They were getting decent crowds and finished high up the league. Assuming prize money is fully paid before the end of June.

Prize money is a massive difference between the leagues tbh.

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

they received more prize money than we did in 17/18. And qualified for the Europa league. As I’ve said this is where their false attendance figures start to bite.. they give away thousands of freebies and discounted tickets.. ££££ doesnt lie

Edited by kingantti1874

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

They finished 4th in the Premiership in 2017-18.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, DC_92 said:

They finished 4th in the Premiership in 2017-18.

ah, someone mentioned it was their promotion season figures, my bad.

19 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

We all want that, but it's very difficult to achieve it.

This " I do not accept" and "anything less is failure" talk is just ranting, ala Donald Trump. It has very little substance behind it.

Aberdeen have been above us for the past 8/9 years, we have no divine right to be above them.

I think we can be, and actually think we will be 3rd this season but this talk of "average league", and stuff like "I do not accept" is just wind, piss and farts .

Aberdeen will think they can be third as well and they will think they can put us out the cup, just Like I would think the same.

The dismissing of the opposition on here is fundamental to folk getting frustrated and over excited when we do drop points, it's also alarming and  looking at our league positions and trophy count it has no foundation or merit.

Being older, you should really have a better grip on reality while wanting and hoping for more.

Aberdeen are IMHO very ordinary just like the rest of the league all we have done in the past 10 months is underachieve so let's stop looking for excuses and admit why we haven't done a lot better is down to ourselves.

19 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Do you know how daft you look demanding 3rd place as a minimum, when we’ve finished above 3rd only once in the last 30 years? That included a period when Romanov pumped over £50m into the squad. Meanwhile back on planet earth, 3rd place and a trip or two to Hampden would be a brilliant season for us!

You always come out with excuses and it's boring. 

19 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

We all want that, but it's very difficult to achieve it.

This " I do not accept" and "anything less is failure" talk is just ranting, ala Donald Trump. It has very little substance behind it.

Aberdeen have been above us for the past 8/9 years, we have no divine right to be above them.

I think we can be, and actually think we will be 3rd this season but this talk of "average league", and stuff like "I do not accept" is just wind, piss and farts .

Aberdeen will think they can be third as well and they will think they can put us out the cup, just Like I would think the same.

The dismissing of the opposition on here is fundamental to folk getting frustrated and over excited when we do drop points, it's also alarming and  looking at our league positions and trophy count it has no foundation or merit.

Being older, you should really have a better grip on reality while wanting and hoping for more.

More excuses but never any solutions.........boring.

Bazzas right boot
46 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Facts and logic are often boring, that is why they are often  ignored by the stupid and ignorant.

Not worth debating with you tbh, you use very little or no logic and just come out with sound bites and statements that have little substance.

You can crack on.

1 hour ago, mitch41 said:

Some mad Arab guy with sacks of money is a solution, Mitch !

Otherwise, content yourself with the odd trophy !

45 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Excuses, or logic and reason?

No logic or reason from you just negativity and no positive ideas. 

Boring. 

14 minutes ago, Boab said:

Some mad Arab guy with sacks of money is a solution, Mitch !

Otherwise, content yourself with the odd trophy !

There you go again with you mad arab negativity which is really insulting.

Boring and depressing.

The Treasurer
5 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Boring. 

What's your positive ideas, we all want to hear them

Horatio Caine
2 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Boring. 

Your posts are boring and predictable, my little friend.

11 minutes ago, frankblack said:

If only we played like Liverpool....

:leveinnaturalorder:

If only we played to our potential. after our first season back in the SPL we have underperformed.

Fans on here have come up with solutions only to be attacked by certain negative posters. Yes all 

credit to the fans who really want to see a better Hearts team.

13 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

What's your positive ideas, we all want to hear them

OMG here we go again it's getting like a playground on here.

The Treasurer
3 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

OMG here we go again it's getting like a playground on here.

It's a very simple question.

20 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

Your posts are boring and predictable, my little friend.

They are entertaining my little small pal.

Horatio Caine
2 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

They are entertaining my little small pal.

About as entertaining as an evening with Jacob Rees-Mogg, my diminutive acquaintance.

3 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

It's a very simple question.

I don't do simple.  I do dynamic, superb and educated ideas that only certain posters can't or don't want to understand. Remember i am the man gadgy.

14 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

About as entertaining as an evening with Jacob Rees-Mogg, my diminutive acquaintance.

Now that is under the belt. Jacob Rees-Mogg hasn't had the education i got at Tynecastle Senior Secondary and he will never get the chances i've had the poor man.

Edited by mitch41

55 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Boring. 

Mitch on the Tuesday afternoon sesh? 

The Treasurer
27 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

I don't do simple.  I do dynamic, superb and educated ideas that only certain posters can't or don't want to understand. Remember i am the man gadgy.

Dynamic, superb and educated works for me.

Lets hear the masterplan

7 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Mitch on the Tuesday afternoon sesh? 

Yeh i know i'm going out on the decking to get some rays in and think about the grass growing at Tynie.

:greggy:

2 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Dynamic, superb and educated works for me.

Lets hear the masterplan

Join me in my masterclass's in the Merchie Hearts after a game where i hold my classes. 

The class is free and i might even buy you a pint.

The Treasurer
4 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Join me in my masterclass's in the Merchie Hearts after a game where i hold my classes. 

The class is free and i might even buy you a pint.

Enlightenment AND free beer.

Thought Police
3 minutes ago, SuperAustin said:

All games on Wednesday with Livingston v rangers on tv 

Shocker

10 minutes ago, Sierra Delta said:

Quite happy for us not to be on TV tbh, should ensure a decent crowd 

Correct. Wednesday nights aren’t good for me though. 🙄

1 hour ago, mitch41 said:

There you go again with you mad arab negativity which is really insulting.

Boring and depressing.

😀

Cheers ! Was feeling left oot there.

31 minutes ago, Thought Police said:

Shocker

34 minutes ago, SuperAustin said:

All games on Wednesday with Livingston v rangers on tv 

BBC chasing ratings shocker

if Rangers were playing Rangers Ladies it would still be the televised game 

On the one hand I'm glad it's not on TV as we'll get a good crowd. 

On the other - a country's 3rd and 4th biggest teams meeting in the Quarter Final of a cup is an absolute stick on, no brainer to be on TV in any other country I can think of, in that regard it's a bit of a joke that the game wasn't picked.