• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mitch41

• Mr Elwood P

• Bazzas right boot

• davemclaren

12 minutes ago, Gordon Zola said:

good draw for partick, they not skint?

Yeah but they might find Celtic fans won't buy tickets in protest against their board!

10 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Being top three is completely irrelevant to a Scottish League Cup game at Tynecastle. Aberdeen’s woeful record in Edinburgh against Hearts, however is relevant.

Ok mate, ffs.  

3 minutes ago, kila said:

Yeah but they might find Celtic fans won't buy tickets in protest against their board!

true. even 20000 at say £20 a ticket and they would get over £100k after costs?

alicante jambo
Just now, Gordon Zola said:

true. even 20000 at say £20 a ticket and they would get over £100k after costs?

And if theres 6000 at the hibs game and they get knocked out they will make about £25k i reckon. Mon the killie.

Just now, alicante jambo said:

And if theres 6000 at the hibs game and they get knocked out they will make about £25k i reckon. Mon the killie.

Haha I like it.

28 minutes ago, dc-jambo said:

Not really in favour of bans.

But if we’re having them, I’d vote to keep him, and ban you

We do have bans.  If we keep them we can vote to ban each other and istl can have the place to himself.😂

10 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

We do have bans.  If we keep them we can vote to ban each other and istl can have the place to himself.😂

🤣🤫🤣

oh ah grantona
2 hours ago, Texaco said:

Interesting to see if game will be on TV and also the ticket pricing, both which effect the crowd. The sheep will be entitled to all the Roseburn Stand but I just don't see them filling it for a midweek higher priced TV game particularly if thier form is poor. Would be nice boost to home advantage to have Jambo section(s) in the Roseburn stand if we can.

Don't think they are entitled to anything in terms of tickets only Scottish cup holds the 20% rule 

They will however be offered as many as they want 

With games being Tuesday Wednesday Thursday you would expect 2/3 of the 4 being on TV so currently we are in a decent position being the best tie behind the ugly sisters for TV but we have been on before 

oh ah grantona
4 minutes ago, oh ah grantona said:

Don't think they are entitled to anything in terms of tickets only Scottish cup holds the 20% rule 

They will however be offered as many as they want 

With games being Tuesday Wednesday Thursday you would expect 2/3 of the 4 being on TV so currently we are in a decent position being the best tie behind the ugly sisters for TV but we have been on before 

Currently there is a very good chance no matches will be played on the Tuesday as 

Hibs v Hearts on Sunday before 

St Johnstone v Rangers on Sunday 

Celtic v Killie I think could easily be moved as a Europa match day 1 the Thursday before 

Home draw is what you want, against anyone tbh, Aberdeen it is, I'll take that all day long, with everyone fit by then, should get through no problem!!!

Tic wi a HOME  tie against the lowest ranked side left in the competition...there's a surprise!

Could be Edinburgh/Glasgow derby semis...possibly 

HHGH 

3 hours ago, CJGJ said:

If Rangers qualify also surely

To get a Thursday tie for TV at least 2 matches from the following weekend will have to be rearranged should qualification be achieved

Rangers already due to play st mirren on Sunday 22nd on sky as well. 

Hibs celtic on tv the following Saturday lunch time so would have to be us or rangers to be moved to the Sunday if we play on the Thursday. 

5 hours ago, Thommo414 said:

Tbf we were the ones who drew Auchinleck in the same round as they went to Easter Road in the Scottish last season. As well as drawing Partick and then Caley in the semis opposed to their Aberdeen.

Not shooting you down, I was very unsurprised when I saw that draw but on the odd occasion it is other teams who get the rub of the green

You called it “on the odd occasion” - have a look at the easy home draws Celtic have had over the years.

9 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

You called it “on the odd occasion” - have a look at the easy home draws Celtic have had over the years.

Indeed , although it may well be fair now over the years the number of times that draw would have come out with Rangers away at a lesser team , celtic at home to the lowest ranked team and Hibs , Aberdeen , Hearts and a n other being drawn together would be staggering. 

Edited by sadj

Pasquale for King
13 hours ago, kila said:

Then moan about a 50/50 split in the final?

IveSeenTheLight
14 hours ago, CJGJ said:

By the time this tie is due...HOPEFULLY ...though given our recent misfortune not definitely

Naismith fit

Whelan fit

Souttar fit

Haring fit..should be around that time

Meshino fit

Always a great trip to Tynecastle.

hoping we can shake the poor run of results there obviously.

looking at the above list, do you really think they’ll be back fit in a five weeks time?

Naismith - hamstring is it? Usually out at least 6 weeks and therefore will be likely lacking match sharpness. He does make a huge difference to you guys though.

Wheelan - Is he injured or just lacking pre-season.

Souttar - when’s he expected back? Rolled ankle shouldn’t be too long.

Haring - Good player for you, but surely will be struggling with match fitness if back around that time.

Meshino - who is he? Looks like he’s played less than 30 games in Japan and media reports are he’s being sent up here to work on his physical strength. Could be a useful player, but time will tell

11 hours ago, ceefax said:

Rangers already due to play st mirren on Sunday 22nd on sky as well. 

Hibs celtic on tv the following Saturday lunch time so would have to be us or rangers to be moved to the Sunday if we play on the Thursday. 

We'll get the Thursday night game as not to disadvantage The Rangers who face Aberdeen at 3pm on Saturday 28th September.

Remember it's the GFA and they need the ugly sisters to get to the final for the good of the game!!!!

IveSeenTheLight
4 minutes ago, Hazzaru said:

We'll get the Thursday night game as not to disadvantage The Rangers who face Aberdeen at 3pm on Saturday 28th September.

Remember it's the GFA and they need the ugly sisters to get to the final for the good of the game!!!!

We’ve had that before, Thursday cup game whilst SevCo got the Tuesday.

7 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

We’ve had that before, Thursday cup game whilst SevCo got the Tuesday.

Looking at the draw and the games the weekend before and after the proposed dates I can only see our game being moved as our clubs will just accept it for the good of the game.

This is the problem when you sell your soul to the TV.

Edited by Hazzaru

51 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

looking at the above list, do you really think they’ll be back fit in a five weeks time?

Naismith - hamstring is it? Usually out at least 6 weeks and therefore will be likely lacking match sharpness. He does make a huge difference to you guys though.

Haring - Good player for you, but surely will be struggling with match fitness if back around that time.

Meshino - who is he? Looks like he’s played less than 30 games in Japan and media reports are he’s being sent up here to work on his physical strength. Could be a useful player, but time will tell

Naismith & Souttar should be available for this weekend. 

Whelan was on the bench at Motherwell. 

Meshino is awaiting a visa. 

Haring & Walker won't play against you but the rest should be OK. 

Edited by iainmac

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Whelan, Naismith and Souttar will be available. 

Whelan and Naismith will Likley play this week. 

Naismith isn't actually Injured, he's just recovering and being monitored. 

Haring won't be back imo and walker has a broken leg. 

Stephen Muddie

Can't wait til I'm green and white fecks off.

Buzzing for this tie already. 4-0 Hearts or don't bother turning up at all boys

Rocky jamboa

Hopefully have sensible pricing for this one and attract a big crowd. 

£25 for platinum seats, £20 gold, £15 silver and a fiver for kids. No more than that.

letsalldothebeattie

Happy with the draw, a home tie, a winnable tie nothing more than we could ask for at this stage of the competition. We have a real good chance of getting to Hampden as our home form against Dons has been pretty decent in recent times

Ron Burgundy
3 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

If Aberdeen play like the have been playing this is a bye, absolutely horse shit. 

You do realise that Motherwell game  apart we are utter horse shit as well and that not even a fortnight ago they beat us?

I expect/hope to win but it'll be hard as hell.

2 hours ago, Paulp74 said:

£25 for platinum seats, £20 gold, £15 silver and a fiver for kids. No more than that.

I would say lower if it is the televised game, which is probable.

3 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Whelan, Naismith and Souttar will be available. 

Whelan and Naismith will Likley play this week. 

Naismith isn't actually Injured, he's just recovering and being monitored. 

Haring won't be back imo and walker has a broken leg. 

Not quite sure what the latest with Haring is.

We know he had the double hernia op at Christmas but not sure if has gone under the knife again or its rest that will do the trick.

kingantti1874
1 hour ago, Ron Burgundy said:

You do realise that Motherwell game  apart we are utter horse shit as well and that not even a fortnight ago they beat us?

I expect/hope to win but it'll be hard as hell.

Yep your right.  But we showed what we can do, with Whelan, Souttar and Naismith and Haring to come we’ve no excuses.. said it before and I’ll say it again, on paper - we are stronger than Aberdeen.. if we don’t progress it’s failure.

Bazzas right boot
49 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Yep your right.  But we showed what we can do, with Whelan, Souttar and Naismith and Haring to come we’ve no excuses.. said it before and I’ll say it again, on paper - we are stronger than Aberdeen.. if we don’t progress it’s failure.

Say it as many times as you want, many football fans would disagree.

This no excuses nonsense is just ridiculous as well, there are two teams on the pitch. Gets peddled out a lot on here.

If you have that attitude across the board then you'd expect and accept defeat to rangers and Celtic every single time, not only a defeat but accept a heavy defeat.

Stephen Muddie
4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

This no excuses nonsense is just ridiculous as well, there are two teams on the pitch. Gets peddled out a lot on here.

If you have that attitude across the board then you'd expect and accept defeat to rangers and Celtic every single time, not only a defeat but accept a heavy defeat.

I'd accept that if we were beating who we should be beating 9/10 times.

Dunno about the psychologically disturbed amongst us, but that's how I envisage Hearts being successful. Only a *******o loco would imagine a North of the border Chelsea or Shity situation developing. 

Most seasons, consistently beating 9/12 teams will see us closer to 1st than 4th

14 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

With the squad of players we have i'd not accept less than 3rd in this very average league. 

I'd also recon on a semi final and a final again this season with a cup win. Like i've said 

before we shouldn't be afraid of anyone and i'd like a Hearts management that makes 

sure every game we play the other team comes of that pitch thinking thank god we don't 

have to play a team like Hearts every week.

Edited by mitch41

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, Stephen Muddie said:

I'd accept that if we were beating who we should be beating 9/10 times.

Dunno about the psychologically disturbed amongst us, but that's how I envisage Hearts being successful. Only a *******o loco would imagine a North of the border Chelsea or Shity situation developing. 

Most seasons, consistently beating 9/12 teams will see us closer to 1st than 4th

I'm here as  well

Even if we beat 7 teams 3/4 times we'd be on 21 wins.

The split hampers that ofc,  if taken literally. 

Share of the points from the rest we'd be  75- 80 points easily, that's where I want us to be.

I think it is  possible soon as well, but Aberdeen is never a gimme, although the fixture favours the home side and I am confident.

Edited by Smith's right boot

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

With the squad of players we have i'd not accept less than 3rd in this very average league. 

I'd also recon on a semi final and a final again this season with a cup win. Like i've said 

before we shouldn't be afraid of anyone and i'd like a Hearts management that makes 

sure every game we play the other team comes of that pitch thinking thank god we don't 

We all want that, but it's very difficult to achieve it.

This " I do not accept" and "anything less is failure" talk is just ranting, ala Donald Trump. It has very little substance behind it.

Aberdeen have been above us for the past 8/9 years, we have no divine right to be above them.

I think we can be, and actually think we will be 3rd this season but this talk of "average league", and stuff like "I do not accept" is just wind, piss and farts .

Aberdeen will think they can be third as well and they will think they can put us out the cup, just Like I would think the same.

The dismissing of the opposition on here is fundamental to folk getting frustrated and over excited when we do drop points, it's also alarming and  looking at our league positions and trophy count it has no foundation or merit.

Being older, you should really have a better grip on reality while wanting and hoping for more.

11 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Do you know how daft you look demanding 3rd place as a minimum, when we’ve finished above 3rd only once in the last 30 years? That included a period when Romanov pumped over £50m into the squad. Meanwhile back on planet earth, 3rd place and a trip or two to Hampden would be a brilliant season for us!

kingantti1874
16 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Do you know how daft you look demanding 3rd place as a minimum, when we’ve finished above 3rd only once in the last 30 years? That included a period when Romanov pumped over £50m into the squad. Meanwhile back on planet earth, 3rd place and a trip or two to Hampden would be a brilliant season for us!

Don’t forget 91/92 😉 I think third is reasonable given the strength of the squad, 4th would be acceptable.. below 4th is failure

oh ah grantona
4 hours ago, Paulp74 said:

Was Motherwell last season same round not just £10 to get in?? No reason to be going anymore than £15 a bumper crowd possible TV money and a gold mine of a semi final placing 

Betfred cup now pays more than Scottish cup

Stephen Muddie
16 minutes ago, oh ah grantona said:

Was Motherwell last season same round not just £10 to get in?? No reason to be going anymore than £15 a bumper crowd possible TV money and a gold mine of a semi final placing 

Betfred cup now pays more than Scottish cup

Astonishing... I wish we weren't part of UK solely cause of how trends affect all UK. Except, this bucks that trend and tbh I'm happy the LC is fairly important here. 

Only way Scottish football will properly thrive is if we ignore everything the channel sponsors daan sawf are doing. 

They don't need match attending supporters. We do

Fort Vallance
43 minutes ago, Stephen Muddie said:

Astonishing... I wish we weren't part of UK solely cause of how trends affect all UK. Except, this bucks that trend and tbh I'm happy the LC is fairly important here. 

Only way Scottish football will properly thrive is if we ignore everything the channel sponsors daan sawf are doing. 

They don't need match attending supporters. We do

It's only important when we're still in it. Out and it's a wee (Diddy) cup again.

Stephen Muddie
17 minutes ago, Fort Vallance said:

It's only important when we're still in it. Out and it's a wee (Diddy) cup again.

Yes, goes without saying 

To be fair to those demanding certain finishing positions,    the league looks a bit more clear cut this year in terms of a top 4 finish.     With our squad (assuming we get better luck with injuries) we have little excuse for finishing lower than 4th.     3rd is possible.    Celtic and Rangers are in a league of their own I'm afraid.     

Should a squad like ours finish lower than 4th?     Can't make any case out for that.